Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Theism vs Religion

religion doesnt need a god. buddhism is a religion and they dont believe in a god or creator, budda was a man. but to believe in a god is a religion in itself no matter what it is, although muslim god and christianity god are the same god. theism is believing in a divine creator and atheism is the rejection of a divine creator (from my knowledge). so the difference between religion and theism is some religions dont have a god.

i dont check stuff before i comment so i may be wrong, any dumbass can appear to be a genius if they googled info before they post it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    You are wrong; theism is the belief in one or more deities. Also although Buddhism can be understood also as a philosophical belief, it does have deities - Buddhas aren't merely human beings, they are also supposedly a spiritual collective and whatnot, along with nature being represented as some sort of deity or something. Don't quote me word for word on the last part, but it's something along those lines.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    You are wrong; theism is the belief in one or more deities. Also although Buddhism can be understood also as a philosophical belief, it does have deities - Buddhas aren't merely human beings, they are also supposedly a spiritual collective and whatnot, along with nature being represented as some sort of deity or something. Don't quote me word for word on the last part, but it's something along those lines.
    the doctrine of christianity says that you can have a relationship with god through christ. and then imo the religion, with all of it's rules, practices, hierarchies, rituals, and ceremonies...the institution of religion, competes with that relationship, or acts as a substitute for it. catholics think that if their name isn't on the church's roster, they're not getting into heaven. jehovah's witnesses think they can't get there without bugging the hell out of their neighbors. all of the denominations, and their dress codes, and moral codes, and methods of worship. and then it gets political, and there's money involved, and it's a mess that i don't want to be a part of. i worship by living my life the way i do. which is a result of a belief in god and a relationship with god that's described in the bible, so if that makes me religious, so be it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Registration View Post
    the doctrine of christianity says that you can have a relationship with god through christ. and then imo the religion, with all of it's rules, practices, hierarchies, rituals, and ceremonies...the institution of religion, competes with that relationship, or acts as a substitute for it. catholics think that if their name isn't on the church's roster, they're not getting into heaven. jehovah's witnesses think they can't get there without bugging the hell out of their neighbors. all of the denominations, and their dress codes, and moral codes, and methods of worship. and then it gets political, and there's money involved, and it's a mess that i don't want to be a part of. i worship by living my life the way i do. which is a result of a belief in god and a relationship with god that's described in the bible, so if that makes me religious, so be it.
    Right. I guess this is solved, enjoy being religious.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Because god is not a humanoid figure, does not mean you don't worship a deity.

Its like nature, if you worship nature, you don't perceive nature to be a person or such, but yet you acknowledge it as something of greater power or such.