Thread: Yo Christians

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 118 of 118
  1. #106
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Dude in what thread here haven't you come in and say shit like "the government is corrupt" or "christians do ________ and lead people to war"

    Its pathetic really, because you JUST did it again.

    We all know you don't do shit about it, but you constantly(CONSTANTLY) bitch about the government and religion.
    -------------------------


    How about you just make a thread saying religion does w/e, the government is corrupt, and stop bitching about both in every fucking thread you enter.
    I'm just going to quote what I said earlier because it's obvious you can't read:

    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    No, I don't blame religion and the government for EVERYTHING. I blame them for what they have done. These threads are ABOUT religion and the government, who the fuck should I blame, Scarlet Johansson?








     





















  2. #107
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You seem to not understand English, so I'm going to give it 1 more try.

    Religion is a belief

    Blaming religion for a crime is like blaming the idea of murder instead of the killer.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Imagine that in court lol.
    -------------------------------------------------

    Point is you aren't "educating" anyone if you just bitch and whine about how religion is to blame for anything.(also because you are wrong, but besides the point).


    Example:

    There is a thread about religion and if it is true or not.
    You post: Religion is to blame for all the wars and suffering in the world.


    This doesn't address the truth or falsehood of religion at all. All it does is become a blame fest really. Because we can argue all we want, you are just going to be an idiot about it and still blame whoever.(as kids often do, blaming something or another for everything).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    More interesting here, its odd how you blame religion for ACTIONS. You see religion doesn't do anything. Nothing. Its a belief. You seem to not understand this and I can only guess its because you don't know english, or you are an idiot.(either one).

    If you really want to bitch about religion so much make a thread and keep it there.


  3. #108
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    I really don't see how this can POSSIBLY confuse you. It's not the belief itself that is wrong, I've said this close to what, 20 times now? (I really think you can't read.) It's how the establishments (a.k.a the church) and more specifically the people in charge in these establishments (plus the members of the government) that chose to misuse this belief and use it to force people into going along with whatever they please. (Even if usually this doesn't benefit the people.)

    Hence why I said the problem is not RELIGION (people can believe whatever they like), the problem is ORGANIZED religion.








     





















  4. #109
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    You actually did say several times it was religion itself(although this may be due to your lack of english.)
    -You even just quoted yourself saying that it was religions fault(top post).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    Anyway, you need to learn that people are responsible for their actions. It doesn't matter what religion they follow, or what they believe, they in the end are responsible for w/e actions they have done.(Be it good or bad).

    Blaming religion in any sense is silly. People will do w/e they want regardless of religion or not.


  5. #110
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    You actually did say several times it was religion itself(although this may be due to your lack of english.)
    -You even just quoted yourself saying that it was religions fault(top post).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    Anyway, you need to learn that people are responsible for their actions. It doesn't matter what religion they follow, or what they believe, they in the end are responsible for w/e actions they have done.(Be it good or bad).

    Blaming religion in any sense is silly. People will do w/e they want regardless of religion or not.
    I don't really think that's true, what about Kamikaze's and suicide bombers? They KILL themselves for religion and culture, I'm pretty sure if they do that for their religion\culture then many others can do lots of stuff because of it. I'm not saying it's the only cause of people doing bad things in the world, that would be fucking dumb. But it is one of the great contributors, and that's one of the main reasons why I really dis-like it.

    More than that, like I said above, it's the way it is used to manipulate the masses.








     





















  6. #111
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I don't really think that's true, what about Kamikaze's and suicide bombers? They KILL themselves for religion and culture, I'm pretty sure if they do that for their religion\culture then many others can do lots of stuff because of it. I'm not saying it's the only cause of people doing bad things in the world, that would be fucking dumb. But it is one of the great contributors, and that's one of the main reasons why I really dis-like it.

    More than that, like I said above, it's the way it is used to manipulate the masses.
    It makes me sad when people try to blame religion through deaths in war.

    Anything can be used to manipulate the masses bro, just because there is a way to do it doesn't mean everything associated with it is bad. I don't see you bitching about the internet now do I?

    Sounds a little biased to me, when someone blames something for "manipulating the masses" and wishes to get rid of it, while posting on the internet.


  7. #112
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    It makes me sad when people try to blame religion through deaths in war.

    Anything can be used to manipulate the masses bro, just because there is a way to do it doesn't mean everything associated with it is bad. I don't see you bitching about the internet now do I?

    Sounds a little biased to me, when someone blames something for "manipulating the masses" and wishes to get rid of it, while posting on the internet.
    That's true, but the internet WOULD be a lot harder to tackle than religion. Plus the internet also has more good things going for it than your average organized religion. Oh and this thread isn't ABOUT the internet, it's about Christianity.








     





















  8. #113
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    what about Kamikaze's
    Erm, Kamikaze's should never be put in the same sentence with suicide bombers, they have more honor than those pussies blowing themselves up for their religion. Kamikaze's didn't die for any religion, they sacrificed themselves rather than to give in to defeat for the honor of the country they represented (Japan is most famously known for the attacks), and for each persons individual household. It was about respect, tradition, and faithfulness devoted to the individual country, nothing about religion was every devoted to a Kamikaze attack.


    ---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by 7Crayons View Post
    Thread is EPIC!
    Will you stop posting your pointless fucking spam before I report every post you've made and get you perma-banned? You're really fucking annoying.

  9. #114
    vaporak10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Adam West's Refrigerator
    Posts
    564
    Reputation
    58
    Thanks
    34
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Erm, Kamikaze's should never be put in the same sentence with suicide bombers, they have more honor than those pussies blowing themselves up for their religion. Kamikaze's didn't die for any religion, they sacrificed themselves rather than to give in to defeat for the honor of the country they represented (Japan is most famously known for the attacks), and for each persons individual household. It was about respect, tradition, and faithfulness devoted to the individual country, nothing about religion was every devoted to a Kamikaze attack.
    Whats the real difference? One is for the country and one is for religion. Just because its considered "respectful" and "traditional" in your culture doesn't mean I appreciate you dive bombing our ships with your holy wind. I could argue the same and say suicide bombers do what they do because it was "about respect, tradition, and faithfulness devoted to the individual religion".
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.
    -- Chris Rock

  10. #115
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporak10 View Post


    Whats the real difference? One is for the country and one is for religion. Just because its considered "respectful" and "traditional" in your culture doesn't mean I appreciate you dive bombing our ships with your holy wind. I could argue the same and say suicide bombers do what they do because it was "about respect, tradition, and faithfulness devoted to the individual religion".
    To be honest man if you see no difference in someone respecting their culture rather than a religious ideal that is brought up by extremist propaganda then you need to re-read the definition and origin of a Kamikaze. They did it for honor to their country and their people, whereas those who suicide bomb targets in the name of Islam are doing it for a false ideal based around a twisted misconception of a passage in the Qur'an about a bunch of virgin bitches all for themselves.
    There is no honor in doing something for yourself or your "god" if it harms others to achieve said goal. Even though the Japs in WWII were against us, they still honored their country enough to die for it, and that's something I will always respect over killing innocent people who aren't even attacking said country in the name of a religious "ideal".

    Not trying to sound rude of course. I realized the way I said the first sentence I could sound a bit harsh.

  11. #116
    vaporak10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Adam West's Refrigerator
    Posts
    564
    Reputation
    58
    Thanks
    34
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    To be honest man if you see no difference in someone respecting their culture rather than a religious ideal that is brought up by extremist propaganda then you need to re-read the definition and origin of a Kamikaze. They did it for honor to their country and their people, whereas those who suicide bomb targets in the name of Islam are doing it for a false ideal based around a twisted misconception of a passage in the Qur'an about a bunch of virgin bitches all for themselves.
    There is no honor in doing something for yourself or your "god" if it harms others to achieve said goal. Even though the Japs in WWII were against us, they still honored their country enough to die for it, and that's something I will always respect over killing innocent people who aren't even attacking said country in the name of a religious "ideal".

    Not trying to sound rude of course. I realized the way I said the first sentence I could sound a bit harsh.
    I understand what your getting at. I understand that from your viewpoint that what the Japanese were doing, they were doing it for something that was real and there. Their country. And what the suicide bombers are doing is based off a concept and with that, they also kill civilians. I just guess its harder for me to get around it because I'm Muslim (obviously). Not that I support suicide bombers, but the fact that reigious concepts aren't exactly as important as a value for everyone than say your country.
    Last edited by vaporak10; 07-07-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.
    -- Chris Rock

  12. #117
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporak10 View Post


    I understand what your getting at. I understand that from your viewpoint that what the Japanese were doing, they were doing it for something that was real and there. Their country. And what the suicide bombers are doing is based off a concept and with that, they also kill civilians. I just guess its harder for me to get around it because I'm Muslim (obviously). Not that I support suicide bombers, but the fact that reigious concepts aren't exactly as important as a value for everyone than say your country.
    Basically yes. I can understand if the suicide bombers were being invaded by a force that were trying to force them to, let's say, convert them to another religion, to me that would be equal to the Kamikaze's. But because they're being brainwashed by extremist leaders and many of them are told their families will be killed if they don't do it, I don't really consider it the same. Finally, someone understands my logic!

  13. #118
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporak10 View Post


    Whats the real difference? One is for the country and one is for religion. Just because its considered "respectful" and "traditional" in your culture doesn't mean I appreciate you dive bombing our ships with your holy wind. I could argue the same and say suicide bombers do what they do because it was "about respect, tradition, and faithfulness devoted to the individual religion".

    Well the difference is that kamikaze was a legitimate strategy. Suicide bombers are just fucking stupid honestly.


    ---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    That's true, but the internet WOULD be a lot harder to tackle than religion. Plus the internet also has more good things going for it than your average organized religion. Oh and this thread isn't ABOUT the internet, it's about Christianity.
    No but it isn't about the internet. But thinking that if somehow you stopped religion from existing would actually change something IS.

    People don't need religion to do anything. Just because some guy used religion as the excuse doesn't mean religion is bad.
    ----------------------

    Oh and btw: the internet is a million times easier to take down. its physical.


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Lehsyrus (07-09-2012)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Similar Threads

  1. LOL CHRISTIANS
    By Kfcbandit in forum General
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 01:28 AM
  2. Christian Bale .. wut an ass..
    By Synns in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 01:38 PM
  3. Understanding Christianity
    By jeehad in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 05:56 PM
  4. lol christians
    By ace34567 in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 12:31 PM
  5. Islam vs Christianity
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 03:36 PM