Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54
  1. #16
    Drastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    247
    Reputation
    3
    Thanks
    9
    HEY LOOK GUYS IM ATHEIST - IM A BADASS YA?
    braindead fagget ask for forgiveness from god
    dam hippy

  2. #17
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn69 View Post
    Because starting a thread is sooooo hard....You just linked us to page.
    No you said "I dunno why you idiot Americans think Islam is violent". You weren't talking about "sects". You were talking about Islam in general. I countered that argument by saying you can't generalize ALL Muslims. Some Muslims are secular while others are radical. So I bring up Pakistan and Turkey. I also explain why some Muslims are driven to violence and a solution to fixing radicalized Islam.

    Also, I bring up satanism because Atheists TEND TO (notice I did not say all) focus only on major religions, especially Christianity. How do Atheists know that there is no God. Why can't God be a "sadistic maniac"? That's one of the main arguments of Atheism against religion. Why does any religion such as Hinduism have to be correct? Just because God cannot be explained or shown does not mean there is no God. nevs666 was correct in that Atheists don't believe in a deity at all.

    Way to take what I said out of context.
    I wasn't talking about the OP of that thread. I was talking about my own reply to something you posted.
    Again you seem to be having issues keeping up.

  3. #18
    unicorn69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,112
    Reputation
    -147
    Thanks
    55
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post



    Way to take what I said out of context.
    I wasn't talking about the OP of that thread. I was talking about my own reply to something you posted.
    Again you seem to be having issues keeping up.
    Lol? You're pretty stupid. You stated you started the thread. Then you made up some bullshit about "sects". Nowhere did you talk about sects. All you brought up was how Muslims marry little girls or something. First of all, that's irrelevant to the discussion. Second of all, there was another thread on that already.

  4. #19
    NotNatiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    31
    Reputation
    -4
    Thanks
    2
    No shit. Ever met someone that is an atheist that isn't happy to be one or is ashamed of it? No. Because it is not something forced upon you. Your statement seems to be an informative sentence instead of a debate motion. I can pretend I give a fuck to make you feel ok, but lying is against my code of ethics.
    Last edited by NotNatiko; 02-13-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    I am not natiko.

  5. #20
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn69 View Post
    Lol? You're pretty stupid. You stated you started the thread. Then you made up some bullshit about "sects". Nowhere did you talk about sects. All you brought up was how Muslims marry little girls or something. First of all, that's irrelevant to the discussion. Second of all, there was another thread on that already.
    Yes I'm so stupid, yet you're the one that can't comprehend valid points.
    I didn't have to say anything about sects in the OP because all you have to do is click that link and READ.
    There is also Muslim on Muslim violence in that link so what exactly is your point here?
    You were blaming the majority of their actions on the fact that they're war torn,
    I was stating that war matters very little because they were killing each other for hundreds of years before anyone invaded them.
    Then you bring up secular state laws which clearly isn't even relevant to secular religious beliefs.
    Just give it up already, you're out classed.

  6. #21
    unicorn69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,112
    Reputation
    -147
    Thanks
    55
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Yes I'm so stupid, yet you're the one that can't comprehend valid points.
    I didn't have to say anything about sects in the OP because all you have to do is click that link and READ.
    There is also Muslim on Muslim violence in that link so what exactly is your point here?
    You were blaming the majority of their actions on the fact that they're war torn,
    I was stating that war matters very little because they were killing each other for hundreds of years before anyone invaded them.
    Then you bring up secular state laws which clearly isn't even relevant to secular religious beliefs.
    Just give it up already, you're out classed.
    LMAO. You're full of shit. You clearly stated you were talking about Islam in general.

    You never stated that they were killing each other for "hundreds of years before anyone invaded them". In fact, you didn't even SAY THAT AT ALL. Also, that's not a valid point. Lots of Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Shintoists, etc.. fought. They did not fight for religion. Some soldiers did, but the main reason for fighting was for land and resources. Your argument was that Islam is not peaceful. Why? Because they killed people? What if I showed you pictures of Israelis killing Arabs? Christians killing Muslims? Are Christianity and Judaism violent? No. Because they managed to adapt their religions to fit the modern world. I showed you Muslim states such as Turkey and Pakistan that were able to incorporate secular Islam to fit the modern world.

    Also, you weren't talking about secular religious beliefs. You brought up violent actions that have nothing to do with Islam itself. The people who killed happened to be Muslim. Because Ted Kaczynski was Christian, is Christianity violent? No!
    Last edited by unicorn69; 02-13-2012 at 05:47 PM.

  7. #22
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn69 View Post
    LMAO. You're full of shit. You clearly stated you were talking about Islam in general.

    You never stated that they were killing each other for "hundreds of years before anyone invaded them". In fact, you didn't even SAY THAT AT ALL. Also, that's not a valid point. Lots of Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Shintoists, etc.. fought. They did not fight for religion. Some soldiers did, but the main reason for fighting was for land and resources. Your argument was that Islam is not peaceful. Why? Because they killed people? What if I showed you pictures of Israelis killing Arabs? Christians killing Muslims? Are Christianity and Judaism violent? No. Because they managed to adapt their religions to fit the modern world. I showed you Muslim states such as Turkey and Pakistan that were able to incorporate secular Islam to fit the modern world.

    Also, you weren't talking about secular religious beliefs. You brought up violent actions that have nothing to do with Islam itself. The people who killed happened to be Muslim. Because Ted Kaczynski was Christian, is Christianity violent? No!
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/90-islam-v...ml#post5757026
    I never said anything about violence between Islamic sects?

    You're ignoring statistics.

    Are you aware that in many middle eastern countries women go to jail for having premarital sex?
    If you don't think Islamic fundamentals have anything to do with that then you're either blind to fact, or just stupid.
    Different sects of Islam kill eachother daily. Or they imprison people for not following their ideology.
    Don't see much of that going on with other religions, hence why I state the fact of their inability to tolerate other beliefs and cultures.

    Still writing walls of text, still taking things out of context.
    Poor kid..I really can't imagine how it must be for you socially.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-13-2012 at 06:15 PM.

  8. #23
    unicorn69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,112
    Reputation
    -147
    Thanks
    55
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/90-islam-v...ml#post5757026
    I never said anything about violence between Islamic sects?



    Still writing walls of text, still taking things out of context.
    Poor kid..I really can't imagine how it must be for you socially.
    Wow....Are you really this dense? I think you're trying desperately to save face now. You mention the word "sect". Whoop dee doo! YOU WERE NOT TALKING ABOUT CERTAIN ISLAMIC SECTS. Do I really need to repeat myself here? You WERE TALKING ABOUT ISLAM IN GENERAL.

    Don't see much of that going on with other religions, hence why I state the fact of their inability to tolerate other beliefs and cultures.

  9. #24
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    @Ethereal
    @unicorn69

    You two should probably take this up in one of the (ridiculously) many Islam threads. This thread is already waiting for a moderator to go infract happy, don't get caught in the cross-fire.

  10. #25
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn69 View Post
    Wow....Are you really this dense? I think you're trying desperately to save face now. You mention the word "sect". Whoop dee doo! YOU WERE NOT TALKING ABOUT CERTAIN ISLAMIC SECTS. Do I really need to repeat myself here? You WERE TALKING ABOUT ISLAM IN GENERAL.
    I'm dense?
    It's a thread about Islam...what other sects of religion do you think I was talking about? It's pretty obvious.
    It's funny how you're trying to make me out to be stupid here, but it seems like every little thing has to be spelled out for you.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Lehsyrus (02-13-2012)

  12. #26
    unicorn69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,112
    Reputation
    -147
    Thanks
    55
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    @Ethereal
    @unicorn69

    You two should probably take this up in one of the (ridiculously) many Islam threads. This thread is already waiting for a moderator to go infract happy, don't get caught in the cross-fire.
    Ethereal flamed me and I had to retaliate. But I apologize for derailing the thread and probably should have posted somewhere else.

  13. #27
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn69 View Post
    Ethereal flamed me and I had to retaliate. But I apologize for derailing the thread and probably should have posted somewhere else.
    Can't derail a thread that started off with an idiot xD And trust me, retaliation only leads to more problems, I've had my fair share of insulting infractions and bans

  14. #28
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn69 View Post
    Ethereal flamed me and I had to retaliate. But I apologize for derailing the thread and probably should have posted somewhere else.
    Never flamed you. I just showed you how stupid you look to other people and you got mad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    @Ethereal
    @unicorn69

    You two should probably take this up in one of the (ridiculously) many Islam threads. This thread is already waiting for a moderator to go infract happy, don't get caught in the cross-fire.
    Yeah you're right. I got better things to do with my time anyway.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Lehsyrus (02-13-2012)

  16. #29
    unicorn69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,112
    Reputation
    -147
    Thanks
    55
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    I'm dense?
    It's a thread about Islam...what other sects of religion do you think I was talking about? It's pretty obvious.
    It's funny how you're trying to make me out to be stupid here, but it seems like every little thing has to be spelled out for you.
    Sect: A group that has separated from an established church; a nonconformist church.

    You are so stupid. You've contradicted yourself multiple times. I ALREADY SAID YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT ISLAM IN GENERAL. THEN, you DENIED IT by saying you were talking about DIFFERENT ISLAMIC SECTS. Now, you're saying you're talking about ISLAM as a WHOLE.

    So, which is it?? You really need to pay attention to what you write. At this point, you're just trying to save face.

    ---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Never flamed you. I just showed you how stupid you look to other people and you got mad.
    Lol.

    I think you should sharpen your comprehension skills up a little more before coming here and expecting to be taken serious.
    So what is your definition of flame?

  17. #30
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn69 View Post
    Sect: A group that has separated from an established church; a nonconformist church.

    You are so stupid. You've contradicted yourself multiple times. I ALREADY SAID YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT ISLAM IN GENERAL. THEN, you DENIED IT by saying you were talking about DIFFERENT ISLAMIC SECTS. Now, you're saying you're talking about ISLAM as a WHOLE.

    So, which is it?? You really need to pay attention to what you write. At this point, you're just trying to save face.

    ---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------



    Lol.



    So what is your definition of flame?
    Are you kidding me right now?

    I never denied talking about Islam in general..nor did I deny talking about sects.
    Islamic sects are not simply "denominations," if that word is understood to mean various valid approaches to the same religion. Members of one Islamic group do not usually recognize members of other groups as fellow Muslims, and open conflict between sects is not uncommon.

    example: Ibadi Muslims‎,Kharijites‎, Quranist Muslims‎ , Shi'a Muslims‎, Sufis‎, Sunni Muslims‎

    So basically you're telling me because I didn't state something about them in the OP,
    that I'm not allowed to discuss them later on in an argument when it's presented to me?
    That seems pretty ridiculous.

    Now, just because there are different sects or groups of Muslims doesn't mean that the Qur'ran itself is completely different.
    It means that they practice in a different way. So I am again talking about Islam as a whole too.
    Do you get it now? Do you see how I can discuss both sects and Islam as whole and not be contradicting myself like you say?
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-13-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Atheist Breakfast
    By Paroxysm in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 02:16 AM
  2. Proud to announce.
    By Obey in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 09:21 PM
  3. Bambell's proudly present: 11 accounts give away [BATCH #2!]
    By bambell in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 10:40 PM
  4. New Sig and Pretty Proud of it
    By RickE in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-02-2006, 02:09 AM