Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    zubni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    338
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Happy

    Question Seriously I can't understand how someone can be Atheist

    I really don't understand how a someone could be atheist. Really?? Yeah, I went there. Look, atheists of MPGH think of it this way really. How do YOU think that the Universe was formed. The big bang theory? or it all just came out of no where? I am christian and I believe that there is a God. Even though it's hard to believe with all the questions you have, you can't deny it. Even Christians sometimes have their doubts you know. God is the on who created us. I don't care if you worship another God that's your business. I respect people that actually think there is a God of some sort. Yeah not everyone can be saved. I love how you atheists always say things like. "If there is a God, why is there so many starving people around the earth, how come good people and Christians get diseases like cancer?" Well things happen you know. Good things can't happen to everyone. If you believe there is a God, you will be saved. I mean God as in Jesus Christ and the holy spirit and holy ghost. Heaven is the most wonderful place ever. It's the most happiest place ever created by God. God is giving you a chance to in life. To make the right decisions and take the right paths and life and believe in him. Heaven is the most happiest place to be. But if you don't want to d as God says that's your problem, no one's stopping you. I'm not asking why people don't believe the God I believe. I asking the Atheists how can you believe there is no God. How can you be that foolish? Just look are you, look the ocean. One of Gods best creations. So Atheists really you think that water just came out of nowhere?

    So the Atheists here on MPGH, please,please,please prove to me there is no God or someone thing or someone who created all of this?

    P.S.- I'm not saying I'm the "best Christian" but I am a Christian. I have more respect for people believe in God, I don't mean my God I mean any "God" in general

    Thank you,
    Zubni
    Last edited by zubni; 04-30-2012 at 08:17 PM.

  2. #2
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Well first off I am going to state that I can't prove to you that there is no god, just like you can't prove to me that there IS a god or that there are magical unicorns on the dark side of the moon. Let me ask you this, if a man walked up to you and said "There is a man in the sky that made you and everything around you, and he gave you freewill but you still have to worship him or you will burn in a lake of fire forever after you die". Would you believe him? Of course you wouldn't. To answer your first question on how the universe was formed, I personally don't give a fuck. Some people want to "uncover the secrets of the universe" and that's all fine and dandy for them but I really don't care unless it directly effects me. Let me answer your last question with a question. How can you believe there IS a god. How can YOU be that foolish. Look at computer in front of you, did god make that? No, a MAN made that. I really don't give a fuck if you believe in a god, that's your own business, but don't sit there and say you can't believe that some people might have a rational thought and think that a magic man in the sky might not exist.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to nevs666 For This Useful Post:

    Stevenom (05-20-2012)

  4. #3
    zubni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    338
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Well first off I am going to state that I can't prove to you that there is no god, just like you can't prove to me that there IS a god or that there are magical unicorns on the dark side of the moon. Let me ask you this, if a man walked up to you and said "There is a man in the sky that made you and everything around you, and he gave you freewill but you still have to worship him or you will burn in a lake of fire forever after you die". Would you believe him? Of course you wouldn't. To answer your first question on how the universe was formed, I personally don't give a fuck. Some people want to "uncover the secrets of the universe" and that's all fine and dandy for them but I really don't care unless it directly effects me. Let me answer your last question with a question. How can you believe there IS a god. How can YOU be that foolish. Look at computer in front of you, did god make that? No, a MAN made that. I really don't give a fuck if you believe in a god, that's your own business, but don't sit there and say you can't believe that some people might have a rational thought and think that a magic man in the sky might not exist.
    First of God in the sky?...Don't believe what you see in those movies. Heaven isn't actually in the sky. Heaven is a in a place we have never been to or seen before.
    Man created computer. Look who ever made the computer had God's help. He never could of done it without God, God gave him the wisdom and understanding of making the computer. God knew the man who made the computer was heading for greatness. I not saying everyone who hasn't done anything as great as invent something isn't dust en for greatness. Everyone will become great in their own way if they apply themselves too, and also God's help will have to be required. May I ask have you ever been to church for a church service or even read the bible?


    ---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

    I have respect for agnosticism as well because atleast they think there is a God.

  5. #4
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by zubni View Post

    First of God in the sky?...Don't believe what you see in those movies. Heaven isn't actually in the sky. Heaven is a in a place we have never been to or seen before.
    Man created computer. Look who ever made the computer had God's help. He never could of done it without God, God gave him the wisdom and understanding of making the computer. God knew the man who made the computer was heading for greatness. I not saying everyone who hasn't done anything as great as invent something isn't dust en for greatness. Everyone will become great in their own way if they apply themselves too, and also God's help will have to be required. May I ask have you ever been to church for a church service or even read the bible?


    ---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

    I have respect for agnosticism as well because atleast they think there is a God.
    Yeah you don't believe god, or heaven is in the sky NOW because science proved it wrong. Just like Christians believed Earth was the center of the universe until SCIENCE proved that wrong too. Had gods help, are you serious? Did god beam blueprints of a computer into his head? Did god give him the tools to make it? Did god give him the work ethic or the motivation to create such an astounding device? No, he made it with his hands, mind, and heart. I can't tell you what he thinks, but if it were me that invented the computer and you were sitting here saying that god deserves all the credit, I would personally be pissed off. I have attended church before, not going to lie, we read the bible but I never paid attention.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to nevs666 For This Useful Post:

    Stevenom (05-20-2012)

  7. #5
    zubni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    338
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Yeah you don't believe god, or heaven is in the sky NOW because science proved it wrong. Just like Christians believed Earth was the center of the universe until SCIENCE proved that wrong too. Had gods help, are you serious? Did god beam blueprints of a computer into his head? Did god give him the tools to make it? Did god give him the work ethic or the motivation to create such an astounding device? No, he made it with his hands, mind, and heart. I can't tell you what he thinks, but if it were me that invented the computer and you were sitting here saying that god deserves all the credit, I would personally be pissed off. I have attended church before, not going to lie, we read the bible but I never paid attention.
    Ihave a question are you atheist or are you agnostic?


    ---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

    I know..sometimes I believe there is no God. But this video proves a point you should watch it.


  8. #6
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by zubni View Post


    Ihave a question are you atheist or are you agnostic?


    ---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

    I know..sometimes I believe there is no God. But this video proves a point you should watch it.

    I am an atheist.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  9. #7
    zubni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    338
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Happy

  10. #8
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by zubni View Post
    I don't understand what your trying to prove by posting these videos. If anything your making my arguments stronger.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  11. #9
    zubni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    338
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Happy
    @nevs666 I'm not trying to get you to believe in God, I was just asking why Atheists don't even think once that someone, something, or some God created all of this.

  12. #10
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by zubni View Post
    @nevs666 I'm not trying to get you to believe in God, I was just asking why Atheists don't even think once that someone, something, or some God created all of this.
    So your generalizing all atheists, typical. I have said it once and I'll say it again, the only thing atheists have in common is that we all don't believe in god(s). How the hell can you make the assumption that all, ALL atheists never ONCE thought about there being a god? This is ridiculous. Most if not all atheists have at one point thought about a divine creator, this I am almost sure. Have I thought about there being a god, yes. The thing that binds us together is that when we were thinking about god, we all came to the conclusion that it just doesn't add up. You can't deny this fact that some portions of the bible have been disproved, not with science even, but with common sense, pregnant virgins, talking snakes, zombies? Please, give me a break.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  13. #11
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    I used to believe in the Bible, Yahweh all that stuff.
    Then did more than simply blind faith and studied Theology night and day.
    Hours on end sometimes. I started finding more and more inconsistencies.
    A perfect being should be nothing short of perfect. Yet I find imperfections in these scriptures.
    Let's look at Tyre for instance.

    "For thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will bring against Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses and chariots, and with horsemen and a host of many soldiers. 8 He will kill with the sword your daughters on the mainland. He will set up a siege wall against you and throw up a mound against you, and raise a roof of shields against you. 9 He will direct the shock of his battering rams against your walls, and with his axes he will break down your towers. 10 His horses will be so many that their dust will cover you. Your walls will shake at the noise of the horsemen and wagons and chariots, when he enters your gates as men enter a city that has been breached. 11 With the hoofs of his horses he will trample all your streets. He will kill your people with the sword, and your mighty pillars will fall to the ground. 12 They will plunder your riches and loot your merchandise. They will break down your walls and destroy your pleasant houses. Your stones and timber and soil they will cast into the midst of the waters. 13 And I will stop the music of your songs, and the sound of your lyres shall be heard no more. 14 I will make you a bare rock. You shall be a place for the spreading of nets. You shall never be rebuilt, for I am the LORD; I have spoken, declares the Lord GOD"

    Well here is the thing. Nebuchadnezzar failed to sack tyre. Furthermore, tyre was eventually taken down by alexander, but immediately rebuilt. It is spoken about in the present tense even in the NT and the city exists to this day.

    So was god wrong?

  14. #12
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by zubni View Post
    I have respect for agnosticism as well because atleast they think there is a God.
    No. Just no. Agnostic is a descriptive term for a position lacking certainty. It is not indicative of any belief. You can be agnostic atheist and do not accept that there is any deity whilst also accepting that your convictions are not without any uncertainty. You can also be an agnostic theist, and believe there may some sort of deity but you are not completely confident in its existence.

    I am an Atheist. I have no uncertainty in my mind. I look at the world and I see the result of evolution, I see the results of the hand of man. I see nature and industry. I see no divine intervention. I see no miracles, just miraculous coincidence.

  15. #13
    zubni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    338
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    No. Just no. Agnostic is a descriptive term for a position lacking certainty. It is not indicative of any belief. You can be agnostic atheist and do not accept that there is any deity whilst also accepting that your convictions are not without any uncertainty. You can also be an agnostic theist, and believe there may some sort of deity but you are not completely confident in its existence.

    I am an Atheist. I have no uncertainty in my mind. I look at the world and I see the result of evolution, I see the results of the hand of man. I see nature and industry. I see no divine intervention. I see no miracles, just miraculous coincidence.
    iight its funny that your avatar is doing a cross sign..lol jjust noticed

  16. #14
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by zubni View Post


    iight its funny that your avatar is doing a cross sign..lol jjust noticed
    Not to be confused with Christ's Cross.

  17. #15
    Sir Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a 3rd World Country
    Posts
    1,328
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    132
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Too long, didn't read.

    I can't understand how some people might highjack a plane, crash it into buildings and kill hundreds of people. And that's not just that. I cannot understand that thousands of people with health problems caused due to overweight still go to McDonald's at least twice a week.

    That you don't understand it does not mean it is wrong or, furthermore, that it is not logical.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. someone tell me how I can find this code
    By snayfer in forum Combat Arms Coding Help & Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 01:04 PM
  2. Replies: 94
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 08:25 PM
  3. [Help] does someone can learn me how to fly in a plane
    By raul07 in forum WarRock Discussions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 06:52 PM
  4. How racist can Nexon seriously be?
    By relfylanders in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 04:07 PM
  5. Help! Can someone tell me how I can activate the aimbot of Jaegerbomb?
    By tuboshuliu in forum Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare (MW) Hacks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 05:27 AM