Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16
    runekri3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    800
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    237
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Theory: It's a hypothesis that's been proven an incredible amount of times by different scientists around the world. The evidence that the prediction has always been right is added each time an experiment is performed with regards to the said theory. The scientific community accepts it as a fact unless proven otherwise. The reason they don't change it to a law is because a bunch of people would go nuts (for evolution) or you don't "see" it like gravity.

    Big Bang Theory: was a proposal that has lost most of its steam because a new one, String Theory, specifically M Theory, made "better sense"

    Theory of Evolution: happens in the present everyday. Every time you are infected by the common cold, it is because they had a mutation or acquired a new gene that allowed them to "bypass" your white blood cells and the immune system's "database," allowing it to run around and wreck havoc before your body goes after it. The process in which the virus mutates or acquire the gene is called evolution. Not only that, Darwin's most famous example, the different Galapagos Finches showed that they each are similar, with slightly different beaks. The reason is because each species has adapted to focus on one type of food source, they don't need the stress of constantly competing with everyone. Finally, looking at fossil records, one is able to see that a "father" species will differentiate into two or more different branches, which shows that some of its owned species evolved so much that they become a new species.

    Theory of Special Relativity: always predicts what will happen when one plugs in all the math and work out the answer. All that can be tested on this planet has been tested and all were consistent to the predictions. The reason why it's not a law is because we haven't been able to test on black holes and such. Not only that, if infinity or zero is used as a variable, then it wouldn't work.
    Yes, I totally agree with you, and I was kinda being a smartass.
    But you cant really prove the big bang unless you have some record of it, like people say "pics or it didnt happen"
    Actually most people agree that some sort of evolution is there but people dont believe that we once were bacteria or even apes.
    And we cant really prove that either.
    Special relativity is like you said, cant be really experimented on extreme conditions.

    Your text is pretty much true, but we can never be sure, we used to think that earth was flat and it was considered a fact, ovbiously now we know it isnt.


    I am not proving they are wrong, just reminding they are theorys.
    Reputation-
    Vouches
    Respect-
    Nilly, Ultran00b, JustAnoobROTMG, Nano, karolelis9, fallenhacks(cake), jaythedev
    DisRespect-
    mandela96, spaghetti master, floxxe, drillick, brendoo

  2. #17
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by runekri3 View Post
    Yes, I totally agree with you, and I was kinda being a smartass.
    But you cant really prove the big bang unless you have some record of it, like people say "pics or it didnt happen"
    Actually most people agree that some sort of evolution is there but people dont believe that we once were bacteria or even apes.
    And we cant really prove that either.
    Special relativity is like you said, cant be really experimented on extreme conditions.

    Your text is pretty much true, but we can never be sure, we used to think that earth was flat and it was considered a fact, ovbiously now we know it isnt.


    I am not proving they are wrong, just reminding they are theorys.
    For all we know the law of gravity is wrong
    In any case, I trust that scientists would accept the facts which disproved their current theory and replaced it with a better one
    The thing about flat Earth and geocentric hypotheses were that the Vatican didn't admit they had been disproved by Copernicus and others because they wanted to keep their power to manipulate the masses
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  3. #18
    lordix11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    72
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I just watched South Park and it said Jesus was stoned thats why he reincarnated enuff said

  4. #19
    Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Beyond the Earth
    Posts
    7,807
    Reputation
    206
    Thanks
    2,174
    My Mood
    Worried
    Quote Originally Posted by lordix11 View Post
    I just watched South Park and it said Jesus was stoned thats why he reincarnated enuff said
    You watch too much cartoons, go watch the world outside

  5. #20
    lordix11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    72
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Its raining and its dark at half 4 and i get out of school at 3:15 what the fuck you on

  6. #21
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by lordix11 View Post
    I just watched South Park and it said Jesus was stoned thats why he reincarnated enuff said
    Get the fuck out of the fort unless you got something worthy to say
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  7. #22
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    For all we know the law of gravity is wrong
    In any case, I trust that scientists would accept the facts which disproved their current theory and replaced it with a better one
    The thing about flat Earth and geocentric hypotheses were that the Vatican didn't admit they had been disproved by Copernicus and others because they wanted to keep their power to manipulate the masses
    Gravitons baby

    Quote Originally Posted by lordix11 View Post
    Its raining and its dark at half 4 and i get out of school at 3:15 what the fuck you on
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Get the fuck out of the fort unless you got something worthy to say
    As what HiddenMaster said, get the fuck out lord DICKS. We don't want your unintelligent bullshit here.

  8. #23
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Gravitons baby
    Maybe another dimension doesn't have it
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  9. #24
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Maybe another dimension doesn't have it
    I want them to exist

  10. #25
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    I want them to exist
    Probably other cool subatomic particles tho
    Maybe 3 dimensional objects on 2 dimensional times
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  11. #26
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Probably other cool subatomic particles tho
    Maybe 3 dimensional objects on 2 dimensional times
    Just give me a Quark and I'm good to go

  12. #27
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Just give me a Quark and I'm good to go
    Give you an atom collider, you get all the toys to play with
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  13. #28
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Give you an atom collider, you get all the toys to play with
    Maybe two so we can get drunk and create new elements together ........wait...

  14. #29
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    If God did indeed create us, why are we so similar to other primates?

    I'm talking fingers, opposable thumbs, hair in similar areas, instincts, DNA, tool using ability, and the whole thing.

    What makes you say that this isn't evolution and God just wasn't simply creative enough for his/her "prized possession" as some religions like to dictate us as?

    I don't know, I just want to know someone's reasoning for ingoring all the similarities between humans and primates and saying it's God's work.
    That really isn't the argument you should be using.

    Thats like saying "well how come a pigeon is similar to a bluejay?!" Huh, that really doesn't prove anything other than there are similarities within the same type of species.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    There is a hundred other things you could use here, that one was just stupid.


  15. #30
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    21,686
    Reputation
    2936
    Thanks
    9,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    That really isn't the argument you should be using.

    Thats like saying "well how come a pigeon is similar to a bluejay?!" Huh, that really doesn't prove anything other than there are similarities within the same type of species.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    There is a hundred other things you could use here, that one was just stupid.
    If you dumb down the argument maybe your point would be valid, but like I said, some religions like to say that we are "God's prized possession," so why are we so similar to other primates? Why aren't we so unique and special?




    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hacks for mmorpg?
    By suppaman in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 12:04 PM
  2. cheat for gunz
    By suppaman in forum Gunz General
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 08:34 PM
  3. Connection About for Annomalation in Game
    By asdasd in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 09:17 PM
  4. Looking for hacks
    By Worcha in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 04:21 PM
  5. Too Ownage For Words.
    By Flawless in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 05:55 PM