Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
  1. #31
    Maxedout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    4,507
    Reputation
    755
    Thanks
    1,291
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    If you dumb down the argument maybe your point would be valid, but like I said, some religions like to say that we are "God's prized possession," so why are we so similar to other primates? Why aren't we so unique and special?
    In what way are we not unique and special? Humans are far more intelligent that primates...we can REASON, we can problem solve, we can use logic. We can adapt, we can create, and so much more. Have you ever seen a monkey build a house, a computer, or some other sophisticated device? I don't get how we can be compared to monkeys, I mean sure they have aposable thumbs, hands and feet, but we are not covered in fur...and the capacity of our brains isn't even comparable...

  2. #32
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    21,686
    Reputation
    2936
    Thanks
    9,514
    Quote Originally Posted by iSnakes View Post
    In what way are we not unique and special? Humans are far more intelligent that primates...we can REASON, we can problem solve, we can use logic. We can adapt, we can create, and so much more. Have you ever seen a monkey build a house, a computer, or some other sophisticated device? I don't get how we can be compared to monkeys, I mean sure they have aposable thumbs, hands and feet, but we are not covered in fur...and the capacity of our brains isn't even comparable...
    Physically we're quite similar looking to other primates. That's how we aren't unique and special. Our DNA isn't "unique."

    Monkeys can't reason, solve problems, use logic, adapt, create, and so much more? Funny. I have an example of each of them. Yes monkeys build houses (shelters) and that's only one part of a wide array of qualities, they aren't as smart as us? Ok, and we aren't even remotely as strong as a Silverback, that's what separates species... A gorilla learned SIGN LANGUAGE for fucks sake. There are different levels of everything. People grow hair all over their body, different races grow different amounts, some people look like monkeys when they don't shave. Some people look like monkeys even if they do shave.




    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  3. #33
    Maxedout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    4,507
    Reputation
    755
    Thanks
    1,291
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    Physically we're quite similar looking to other primates. That's how we aren't unique and special. Our DNA similarities isn't "unique."

    Monkeys can't reason, solve problems, use logic, adapt, create, and so much more? Funny. I have an example of each of them. Yes monkeys build houses (shelters) and that's only one part of a wide array of qualities, they aren't as smart as us? Ok, and we aren't even remotely as strong as a Silverback, that's what separates species... A gorilla learned SIGN LANGUAGE for fucks sake. There are different levels of everything. People grow hair all over their body, different races grow different amounts, some people look like monkeys when they don't shave. Some people look like monkeys even if they do shave.
    We are so more advanced though...do you see monkeys driving cars? We have so much we've invented, discovered, written down, etc...how on earth can humans be compared to primates? There are some physical and maybe even DNA similarities, but at the end of they day we are so much more advanced...

  4. #34
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by iSnakes View Post
    We are so more advanced though...do you see monkeys driving cars? We have so much we've invented, discovered, written down, etc...how on earth can humans be compared to primates? There are some physical and maybe even DNA similarities, but at the end of they day we are so much more advanced...
    Hence "evolution". We "evolved" from primates such as those, if we did not, we would still be apes, however because they are the pre-determined species before becoming humans, they are not as advanced.

  5. #35
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Maybe two so we can get drunk and create new elements together ........wait...
    Drunk science!
    /TomSka
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  6. #36
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    If you dumb down the argument maybe your point would be valid, but like I said, some religions like to say that we are "God's prized possession," so why are we so similar to other primates? Why aren't we so unique and special?
    Do you think it would matter in the given scenario? Would a religious person really think that they aren't "God's prized possession" if they are similar to another species, especially when it they view themselves superior to that species?

    Your argument is based on similarities not making humans unique? Why? It neither disproves anything religion says or proves evolution.(from what you have given).

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Hence "evolution". We "evolved" from primates such as those, if we did not, we would still be apes, however because they are the pre-determined species before becoming humans, they are not as advanced.

    Eh.........that is a bit out of context. Kind of like how birds evolved from dinosaurs, except the dinosaurs would still need to be around.

    Apes could be the evolved form of the same primate for all we know, just like there are different types of rabbits and such.


  7. #37
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Do you think it would matter in the given scenario? Would a religious person really think that they aren't "God's prized possession" if they are similar to another species, especially when it they view themselves superior to that species?

    Your argument is based on similarities not making humans unique? Why? It neither disproves anything religion says or proves evolution.(from what you have given).




    Eh.........that is a bit out of context. Kind of like how birds evolved from dinosaurs, except the dinosaurs would still need to be around.

    Apes could be the evolved form of the same primate for all we know, just like there are different types of rabbits and such.
    True, I was just trying to make it easier for him to understand in general. Didn't seem like he was following it too well

  8. #38
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    21,686
    Reputation
    2936
    Thanks
    9,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Do you think it would matter in the given scenario? Would a religious person really think that they aren't "God's prized possession" if they are similar to another species, especially when it they view themselves superior to that species?

    Your argument is based on similarities not making humans unique? Why? It neither disproves anything religion says or proves evolution.(from what you have given).
    I'm not trying to question religion or evolution. I'm asking how a creationist can overlook our similarities to other primates and still say we're supposed to be God's chosen one. If we are chosen, why was God so lazy? That's essentially what I'm asking.




    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  9. #39
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    I'm not trying to question religion or evolution. I'm asking how a creationist can overlook our similarities to other primates and still say we're supposed to be God's chosen one. If we are chosen, why was God so lazy? That's essentially what I'm asking.
    You are questioning religion. You just did.

    Why bother with this? The argument isn't valid to either side and is really just about the opinion. Which any religious person could say "well that still doesn't change how humans are unique" and it would be completely valid.


  10. #40
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    21,686
    Reputation
    2936
    Thanks
    9,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    You are questioning religion. You just did.

    Why bother with this? The argument isn't valid to either side and is really just about the opinion. Which any religious person could say "well that still doesn't change how humans are unique" and it would be completely valid.
    I'm not questioning religion... It is pointless for me to do so. You don't have to subscribe to a particular religion to be a creationist. I simply want to know a creationist's perspective on how they overlook our similarities, being chosen or not. If anyone said "well that still doesn't change how humans are unique," that could be thrown out in a heartbeat with the same argument how a hawk differs from a sparrow.




    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  11. #41
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    I'm not questioning religion... It is pointless for me to do so. You don't have to subscribe to a particular religion to be a creationist. I simply want to know a creationist's perspective on how they overlook our similarities, being chosen or not. If anyone said "well that still doesn't change how humans are unique," that could be thrown out in a heartbeat with the same argument how a hawk differs from a sparrow.
    It could be used to show that humans are special because if we aren't, then their meaning and purpose of life collapses, which they then go into insanity
    At least that's the kind of religious people in denial
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  12. #42
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    I'm not questioning religion... It is pointless for me to do so. You don't have to subscribe to a particular religion to be a creationist. I simply want to know a creationist's perspective on how they overlook our similarities, being chosen or not. If anyone said "well that still doesn't change how humans are unique," that could be thrown out in a heartbeat with the same argument how a hawk differs from a sparrow.
    Your comparing physical attributes to a subject that relies on "intellect", "emotion", and "belief".

    Its like me asking if you believe in love because we are similar to gorrillas.
    -----------------------------------------------

    The origin is what evolution has on religion, but the physical similarities don't really prove a point other than we look similar.


  13. #43
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    21,686
    Reputation
    2936
    Thanks
    9,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Your comparing physical attributes to a subject that relies on "intellect", "emotion", and "belief".

    Its like me asking if you believe in love because we are similar to gorrillas.
    -----------------------------------------------

    The origin is what evolution has on religion, but the physical similarities don't really prove a point other than we look similar.
    How would your comparison be even valid? At least my comparison made sense. We are genetically similar to gorillas, look like gorillas, and yet I shouldn't be comparing it? Every subject requires "intellect, emotion, and belief" does that mean you don't argue anything because of that?

    We have both physical and mental similarities. Even alone, physical similarities prove a lot more than mental similarities. If we look exactly the same as gorillas, but had different mental capabilities, you wouldn't see people arguing that we aren't related to apes...




    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  14. #44
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    How would your comparison be even valid? At least my comparison made sense. We are genetically similar to gorillas, look like gorillas, and yet I shouldn't be comparing it? Every subject requires "intellect, emotion, and belief" does that mean you don't argue anything because of that?

    We have both physical and mental similarities. Even alone, physical similarities prove a lot more than mental similarities. If we look exactly the same as gorillas, but had different mental capabilities, you wouldn't see people arguing that we aren't related to apes...
    Listen, if you are trying to prove "disbelievers" of evolution, do it. Saying "well you aren't unique because you are similar to another species" is not only stupid, its pointless.

    No theist is going to change his mind because we are similar to another mammal. Why? Because it is irrelevant. Planet of the apes, sure. But now? Who the fuck would actually give up their religion because you compared the similarities.

    God forbid you even try to prove evolution.(as easy as it is.).


  15. #45
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    21,686
    Reputation
    2936
    Thanks
    9,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Listen, if you are trying to prove "disbelievers" of evolution, do it. Saying "well you aren't unique because you are similar to another species" is not only stupid, its pointless.

    No theist is going to change his mind because we are similar to another mammal. Why? Because it is irrelevant. Planet of the apes, sure. But now? Who the fuck would actually give up their religion because you compared the similarities.

    God forbid you even try to prove evolution.(as easy as it is.).
    From the original post:

    I don't know, I just want to know someone's reasoning for ingoring all the similarities between humans and primates and saying it's God's work.




    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hacks for mmorpg?
    By suppaman in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 12:04 PM
  2. cheat for gunz
    By suppaman in forum Gunz General
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 08:34 PM
  3. Connection About for Annomalation in Game
    By asdasd in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 09:17 PM
  4. Looking for hacks
    By Worcha in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 04:21 PM
  5. Too Ownage For Words.
    By Flawless in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-28-2005, 05:55 PM