Thread: Celebratios

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Ameer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH
    Posts
    14,663
    Reputation
    2240
    Thanks
    6,258

    Celebratios

    Why most muslims celebrates like most of the Christan occasions , but Christans doesn't ?
    In my family we celebrate Christmas etc...

    League of Legends Minion - 08/25/16


  2. #2
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Christmas was a pagan holiday that the Catholic Church used to lure pagans into converting
    Puritans themselves banned Christmas because it's not a Christian thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  3. #3
    Ameer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH
    Posts
    14,663
    Reputation
    2240
    Thanks
    6,258
    We celebrate other religouns occasions tho , not all of the Muslims...

    League of Legends Minion - 08/25/16


  4. #4
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
    We celebrate other religouns occasions tho , not all of the Muslims...
    Easter - Pagan origin

    List of US National Holidays:
    New Year's Day - Secular origin
    Martin Luther King Day - Secular origin
    President's Day - Secular origin
    Memorial Day - Secular origin
    Independence Day - Secular origin
    Labor Day - Secular origin
    Columbus Day - Secular origin, don't know why we're honoring someone who massacred a bunch of Natives
    Veterans Day - Secular origin
    Thanksgiving Day - Secular origin
    Christmas Day - Pagan origin

    Other holidays:
    April Fool's Day - Pagan origin
    Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Secular origin, why the hell do we even have this?
    Chinese New Year - Pagan-like origin
    Cinco de Mayo - Pagan-like origin
    Father's Day - Secular origin
    Flag Day - Secular origin
    Groundhog Day - Secular origin
    Halloween - Pagan origin
    Kwanzaa - Don't know about this
    Leif Erikson Day - Don't know about this
    Mardi Gras and Ash Wednesday - Don't know about this
    Mother's Day - Secular origin
    Oktoberfest - Don't know about this
    Rosh Hashanah - Don't know about this
    Sadie Hawkins Day - Secular origin
    St. Patrick's Day - St. Patrick, no physical proof, only talk
    Valentine's Day - St. Valentine, no physical proof, only talk
    Yom Kippur - Don't know about this
    From http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/Natio...Hollidays.html
    Last edited by 666HiddenMaster666; 12-25-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  5. #5
    Ameer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH
    Posts
    14,663
    Reputation
    2240
    Thanks
    6,258
    We celebrate Easter egg , Thanks giving , Christmas.
    thats not the point , I'm just asking why Christians doesn't do that ?

    League of Legends Minion - 08/25/16


  6. #6
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
    We celebrate Easter egg , Thanks giving , Christmas.
    thats not the point , I'm just asking why Christians doesn't do that ?
    They're not Christian holidays or the Christians themselves don't have the money
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  7. #7
    Ameer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MPGH
    Posts
    14,663
    Reputation
    2240
    Thanks
    6,258
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    They're not Christian holidays or the Christians themselves don't have the money
    Christmas isn't a Christian hoilday ?

    League of Legends Minion - 08/25/16


  8. #8
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post

    Christmas isn't a Christian hoilday ?
    As I said before, it's originally pagan and the Catholic Church used it to try to convert Roman pagans
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  9. #9
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post

    Christmas isn't a Christian hoilday ?
    Jesus was born somewhere between mid September - early August.

    All of the "Christian Holidays" started off from Pagan traditions that were adopted by miscellaneous groups as a unanimous day to celebrate multiple holidays in one sitting. I only celebrate Christmas because my family enjoys giving each other gifts, however we do not believe in it being the day "Christ was born" as this is not correct. My parents are Christians and they don't believe in "Christian holidays" whatsoever, simply because they were never mentioned in the Bible as being such and do not want to follow organized religions traditionalist imperatives.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

    Doc (12-26-2012)

  11. #10
    Denelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    DEAD
    Posts
    5,323
    Reputation
    422
    Thanks
    639
    Christmass is originally from a german tradition ( not deutsch germans, but the group of people in the early years of history), when the days are starting to be longer (21 dec), and they did burn trees as a symbol for the light overwinning the darkness.

    And the christian church combined this fest with the birth of jesus.

    This is why we have trees, it is a symbol for burning trees from the old fest of the germans and the "birth" of jesus.

  12. #11
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,402
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Jesus was born somewhere between mid September - early August.

    All of the "Christian Holidays" started off from Pagan traditions that were adopted by miscellaneous groups as a unanimous day to celebrate multiple holidays in one sitting. I only celebrate Christmas because my family enjoys giving each other gifts, however we do not believe in it being the day "Christ was born" as this is not correct. My parents are Christians and they don't believe in "Christian holidays" whatsoever, simply because they were never mentioned in the Bible as being such and do not want to follow organized religions traditionalist imperatives.
    Jesus was born in January and not September...
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  13. #12
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Denelf View Post
    Christmass is originally from a german tradition ( not deutsch germans, but the group of people in the early years of history), when the days are starting to be longer (21 dec), and they did burn trees as a symbol for the light overwinning the darkness.

    And the christian church combined this fest with the birth of jesus.

    This is why we have trees, it is a symbol for burning trees from the old fest of the germans and the "birth" of jesus.
    Roman pagans
    Scandinavians also did this, but in a different way, still a version of paganism tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  14. #13
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by AeriaAVA View Post


    Jesus was born in January and not September...
    Historical documents suggest otherwise. He was born during the time of the Shepard migration of their animals, which was held in the later months due to the increased vegetation of the former months raining season. There are also other documents stating he had been born North of his families lands, in which they would have needed to follow the North Star which is most vibrant in the September range, and is not nearly as vibrant in January. You are wrong.

  15. #14
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,402
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Historical documents suggest otherwise. He was born during the time of the Shepard migration of their animals, which was held in the later months due to the increased vegetation of the former months raining season. There are also other documents stating he had been born North of his families lands, in which they would have needed to follow the North Star which is most vibrant in the September range, and is not nearly as vibrant in January. You are wrong.
    I'm sure it's not September , as i said January
    or December!
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  16. #15
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by AeriaAVA View Post

    I'm sure it's not September , as i said January
    or December!
    I don't care what you said, you are wrong. The Shepards would not be migrating their flock during the colder seasons, they keep them in a uniform central location which has been proven by archaeology. All of the Inns were filled indicating the fall weather pilgrimage. You have ZERO evidence to backup your case meanwhile I have given hard old EVIDENCE. Just stop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast