Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    Religion is part of a person's character. If you dislike a religion, you dislike the person's character to some extent. l0l
    I don't think you know what religion actually is. Disliking a religion is not the same as disliking the person.

    Hey, you like pink? well i fucking hate it. Doesn't mean i hate YOU.
    Last edited by Empire; 03-14-2013 at 04:34 AM.


  2. #17
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    I don't think you know what religion actually is. Disliking a religion is not the same as disliking the person.

    Hey, you like pink? well i fucking hate it. Doesn't mean i hate YOU.
    Religion is a set of beliefs/cultural systems and world views which connects humanity and spirituality?
    If you believe in something it's part of you. In religions case, the people that believe in the specified religion share world views-belief systems.
    If you like a person, then you share or want to aspire to common beliefs/views.
    The logical equivocation would be,
    If you don't share or don't want to share common beliefs/views, then you dislike the person.
    If you were part of a perfectly normal religion with the only downside being the promotion of ignorance, I'd dislike you.
    And I said dislike to a certain extent. You can't just hate someone, hate and neutral/like aren't a black and white scale. It's a scale which ranges from hate to neutral/like.
    Stop and think if your post is rational before posting it.

    ---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Though that's true, it is only a very small margin of them, plus they (my friends) know that anyways, but then again, it's almost impossible to like every single part of a person's personality
    Than why are you making an assumption based purely on the new popes religion. If you aren't judging your friends that way why are you judging anyone that way.

  3. #18
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    Than why are you making an assumption based purely on the new popes religion. If you aren't judging your friends that way why are you judging anyone that way.
    Because you are assuming that when I said "Ew Catholicism" I meant "Ew Pope Franciscus I" when I don't mean that
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  4. #19
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    Religion is a set of beliefs/cultural systems and world views which connects humanity and spirituality?
    If you believe in something it's part of you. In religions case, the people that believe in the specified religion share world views-belief systems.
    If you like a person, then you share or want to aspire to common beliefs/views.
    The logical equivocation would be,
    If you don't share or don't want to share common beliefs/views, then you dislike the person.
    If you were part of a perfectly normal religion with the only downside being the promotion of ignorance, I'd dislike you.
    And I said dislike to a certain extent. You can't just hate someone, hate and neutral/like aren't a black and white scale. It's a scale which ranges from hate to neutral/like.
    Stop and think if your post is rational before posting it.

    ---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------



    Than why are you making an assumption based purely on the new popes religion. If you aren't judging your friends that way why are you judging anyone that way.
    My dad is a Christian. I no longer really care for Christianity, but I still love my dad.
    Whenever he preaches to me I simply ignore it, not harbor any kind of ill feelings towards him.
    The assumption that I dislike my dad because of his religious beliefs is pretty ridiculous and unfounded.
    It's like saying the Dalai Lama doesn't like anyone of any other religious beliefs.

  5. #20
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Because you are assuming that when I said "Ew Catholicism" I meant "Ew Pope Franciscus I" when I don't mean that
    OP was Well it's confirmed we have a new pope from argentinia
    what do you guys think?

    your reply was Ew Catholicism
    i said he was a jesuit
    you asked the relevance
    i mentioned your ignorance
    you said how is saying ew to a religion doesn't mean you dislike the person and that their personality may be likable
    I said personality consist of religion
    You agreed that you disliked all religious people to some extent
    The word you used to characterize dislike was Ew
    I can deduce that you dislike the pope as well
    l0l

    ---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    My dad is a Christian. I no longer really care for Christianity, but I still love my dad.
    Whenever he preaches to me I simply ignore it, not harbor any kind of ill feelings towards him.
    The assumption that I dislike my dad because of his religious beliefs is pretty ridiculous and unfounded.
    It's like saying the Dalai Lama doesn't like anyone of any other religious beliefs.
    You're assuming that loving and disliking are in the same ball park. Technically everyone dislikes everyone, the question of whether or not you should be with someone is based on whether the benefits outweigh the cons of the person.

  6. #21
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    OP was Well it's confirmed we have a new pope from argentinia
    what do you guys think?

    your reply was Ew Catholicism
    i said he was a jesuit
    you asked the relevance
    i mentioned your ignorance
    you said how is saying ew to a religion doesn't mean you dislike the person and that their personality may be likable
    I said personality consist of religion
    You agreed that you disliked all religious people to some extent
    The word you used to characterize dislike was Ew
    I can deduce that you dislike the pope as well
    l0l

    ---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------



    You're assuming that loving and disliking are in the same ball park. Technically everyone dislikes everyone, the question of whether or not you should be with someone is based on whether the benefits outweigh the cons of the person.
    Like I said, the assumption that I dislike someone because of their religious beliefs is ridiculous.
    I dislike people that are ignorant, hateful, and whatever other shitty traits humans may have.
    Not because they choose to believe something I do not.

  7. #22
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    OP was Well it's confirmed we have a new pope from argentinia
    what do you guys think?
    your reply was Ew Catholicism
    i said he was a jesuit
    you asked the relevance
    i mentioned your ignorance
    you said how is saying ew to a religion doesn't mean you dislike the person and that their personality may be likable
    I said personality consist of religion
    You agreed that you disliked all religious people to some extent
    The word you used to characterize dislike was Ew
    I can deduce that you dislike the pope as well
    l0l
    Extent is only the religion, not the people themselves
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  8. #23
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Extent is only the religion, not the people themselves
    You saying ew Catholicism appeals to the people as well. We already talked about this.

    ---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Like I said, the assumption that I dislike someone because of their religious beliefs is ridiculous.
    I dislike people that are ignorant, hateful, and whatever other shitty traits humans may have.
    Not because they choose to believe something I do not.
    You dislike religion ergo you dislike people who believe in it. If you like religion, great. I'd like to hit the 2nd part of your argument.
    Ignorance and hatred aren't traits, they are a choice. Both of which are part of the fundamentals of religion.
    Last edited by noob555; 03-14-2013 at 09:20 PM.

  9. #24
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    I just fucking hate everybody.

  10. #25
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    You saying ew Catholicism appeals to the people as well. We already talked about this.

    ---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------



    You dislike religion ergo you dislike people who believe in it. If you like religion, great. I'd like to hit the 2nd part of your argument.
    Ignorance and hatred aren't traits, they are a choice. Both of which are part of the fundamentals of religion.

    So people can't have ignorant or hateful characteristics? Please tell me more.

    Also, I never said anything about disliking religion. I just don't believe in it.
    So your argument is that because I don't believe in it I dislike it.
    Whatever you say there pal, all you have is an argument of semantics at this point and it isn't really a good one.

  11. #26
    Saboteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    29,408
    Reputation
    5235
    Thanks
    7,581
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    I just fucking hate everybody.


    fuckin hate you too bitch ass nigga



    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Saboteur For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Lehsyrus (03-15-2013)

  13. #27
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post



    So people can't have ignorant or hateful characteristics? Please tell me more.

    Also, I never said anything about disliking religion. I just don't believe in it.
    So your argument is that because I don't believe in it I dislike it.
    Whatever you say there pal, all you have is an argument of semantics at this point and it isn't really a good one.
    I said hate and ignorance weren't traits. Traits are genetics.
    You said, "I dislike people that are ignorant, hateful, and whatever other shitty traits humans may have. "
    Religion is blatant ignorance and it incorporates hate as well often.
    My arguments aren't based on semantics, they are based on rationality. And irrational right now. Simple logic chains are being presented and continuously use straw men arguments.

  14. #28
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    I said hate and ignorance weren't traits. Traits are genetics.
    You said, "I dislike people that are ignorant, hateful, and whatever other shitty traits humans may have. "
    Religion is blatant ignorance and it incorporates hate as well often.
    My arguments aren't based on semantics, they are based on rationality. And irrational right now. Simple logic chains are being presented and continuously use straw men arguments.
    Traits aren't just genetic. Look the fucking definition up sometime before trying to correct me.

  15. #29
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by noob555 View Post
    You saying ew Catholicism appeals to the people as well. We already talked about this.
    Ew Catholicism = Ew Catholicism
    Ew Catholics = Ew people who are into Catholicism
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  16. #30
    noob555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    o.O
    Posts
    8,235
    Reputation
    511
    Thanks
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Traits aren't just genetic. Look the fucking definition up sometime before trying to correct me.
    As a person who actually does research before posting l0l
    trait (trt)
    A genetically determined characteristic or condition. Traits may be physical, such as hair color or leaf shape, or they may be behavioral, such as nesting in birds and burrowing in rodents. Traits typically result from the combined action of several genes, though some traits are expressed by a single gene.
    The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pope... plz stop...
    By Rainscape in forum General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 05:29 AM
  2. what is this virus that keeps poping up???
    By dw3fan in forum General
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 01:47 PM
  3. A New Pope
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 08:45 PM
  4. I am the anti pope
    By Synns in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 09:26 AM
  5. Heya, i'm pope
    By tehpope in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 08:11 AM