Thread: Islam Debate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    You can't use that as an argument. It is just as easy for us to turn around and ask you if you have seen the original bible. If you haven't then how do you know that your Qur'an is truthful. Just because it hasn't changed in x amount of years doesnt validate it's content. Only a fool would think so.

    Also the oldest preserved Bible is the Codex Sinaiticus which predates the Quran by 300 years has no mention of a prophet named Ahmed. The oldest preserved book of the New Testament is the Codex Alexandrinus, predating the Quran by 200 years, has no mention of Ahmed. The oldest complete preserved Hebrew Bible is the Leningrad Codex. Again that has no mention of Ahmed.

    So how do you know that your Quran is right. It is a secondary source that has no proof whatsoever to verify it's contents. All primary sources point to the contrary.

    You're the one asserting the notion of the Quran's validity, it is up to you to prove as such.
    inb4allofthosearecorrupt

    This argument won't ever go anywhere with these guys because the Quran claims that the Bible was corrupted,
    that's basically why Muhammed came along, to set the record straight blah,blah.
    This thread is useless. All that is going to happen is we're going to be replying to apologists quoting the Quran,
    like that in itself is irrefutable proof that Islam is the one true religion. Pissing in the wind.

  2. #17
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    inb4allofthosearecorrupt
    This argument won't ever go anywhere with these guys because the Quran claims that the Bible was corrupted,
    that's basically why Muhammed came along, to set the record straight blah,blah.
    This thread is useless. All that is going to happen is we're going to be replying to apologists quoting the Quran,
    like that in itself is irrefutable proof that Islam is the one true religion. Pissing in the wind.
    Biohazard suits so we can keep doing our thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  3. #18
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordXYZ View Post
    have you seen the original copy of the bible?
    My Pastor when I was an Evangelical did actually, he based all of his teachings off of the original scrolls. He was proficient in reading and speaking multiple languages, including Arabic. No mention of this "Ahmed".

  4. #19
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    inb4allofthosearecorrupt

    This argument won't ever go anywhere with these guys because the Quran claims that the Bible was corrupted,
    that's basically why Muhammed came along, to set the record straight blah,blah.
    This thread is useless. All that is going to happen is we're going to be replying to apologists quoting the Quran,
    like that in itself is irrefutable proof that Islam is the one true religion. Pissing in the wind.
    But......adolf hitler was a power ranger. It says so right here!


  5. #20
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Your first sentence is flawed in itself. You are the one making a claim here. So, it should be you bringing evidence to the table to prove your theory, not the other way around.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  6. #21
    DarkLordXYZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ima Hobo
    Posts
    8,056
    Reputation
    1470
    Thanks
    1,524
    My Mood
    Tired
    @AeriaAVA Please, you especially, GTFO of my thread. @Etheral Qura'an never said that the bible is corrupted. @Lehsyrus and @Doc I'll deal with what you said later since I'm having an extremely serious headache right now... (You require more information)
    Last edited by DarkLordXYZ; 03-30-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    My skype: PM me for my skype.
    Make sure to check with me first on the website before adding me on skype

    Make sure to use an OMM for all your trades for a safer trade
    Need an OMM? Just want to talk? VM/PM

    ~vertice

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

    I look like an emo bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by x00u View Post
    Your moms so fat her ESP Box is in another dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post

    Lol, man, I see why i cant get staff, cause people still hate me for no reason like you, Always rude to me.

  7. #22
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordXYZ View Post
    @Etheral Qura'an never said that the bible is corrupted.
    Dude, when you learn to understand your own religion come back and debate us.


    But those who were unjust changed it for a saying other than that which had been spoken to them, so We sent upon those who were unjust a pestilence from heaven, because they transgressed.
    Qur'an 2:59

    Do you then hope that they would believe in you, and a party from among them indeed used to hear the Word of Allah, then altered it after they had understood it, and they know (this). And when they meet those who believe they say: We believe, and when they are alone one with another they say: Do you talk to them of what Allah has disclosed to you that they may contend with you by this before your Lord? Do you not then understand? Do they not know that Allah knows what they keep secret and what they make known?
    Qur'an 2:75-77

    Nay! do you say that Ibrahim and Ismail and Yaqoub and the tribes were Jews or Christians? Say: Are you better knowing or Allah? And who is more unjust than he who conceals a testimony that he has from Allah? And Allah is not at all heedless of what you do.
    Qur'an 2:140

    (As for) those who take a small price for the covenant of Allah and their own oaths-- surely they shall have no portion in the hereafter, and Allah will not speak to them, nor will He look upon them on the day of resurrection nor will He purify them, and they shall have a painful chastisement. Most surely there is a party amongst those who distort the Book with their tongue that you may consider it to be (a part) of the Book, and they say, It is from Allah, while it is not from Allah, and they tell a lie against Allah whilst they know. It is not meet for a mortal that Allah should give him the Book and the wisdom and prophethood, then he should say to men: Be my servants rather than Allah's; but rather (he would say): Be worshipers of the Lord because of your teaching the Book and your reading (it yourselves).
    Qur'an 3:77-79

    And when Allah made a covenant with those who were given the Book: You shall certainly make it known to men and you shall not hide it; but they cast it behind their backs and took a small price for it; so evil is that which they buy.
    Qur'an 3:187
    Of those who are Jews (there are those who) alter words from their places and say: We have heard and we disobey and: Hear, may you not be made to hear! and: Raina, distorting (the word) with their tongues and taunting about religion; and if they had said (instead): We have heard and we obey, and hearken, and unzurna it would have been better for them and more upright; but Allah has cursed them on account of their unbelief, so they do not believe but a little.
    Qur'an 4:46

    But on account of their breaking their covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard; they altered the words from their places and they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of; and you shall always discover treachery in them excepting a few of them; so pardon them and turn away; surely Allah loves those who do good (to others). And with those who say, We are Christians, We made a covenant, but they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of, therefore We excited among them enmity and hatred to the day of resurrection; and Allah will inform them of what they did. O followers of the Book! indeed Our Messenger has come to you making clear to you much of what you concealed of the Book and passing over much; indeed, there has come to you light and a clear Book from Allah;
    Qur'an 5:13-15

    O Messenger! let not those grieve you who strive together in hastening to unbelief from among those who say with their mouths: We believe, and their hearts do not believe, and from among those who are Jews; they are listeners for the sake of a lie, listeners for another people who have not come to you; they alter the words from their places, saying: If you are given this, take it, and if you are not given this, be cautious; and as for him whose temptation Allah desires, you cannot control anything for him with Allah. Those are they for whom Allah does not desire that He should purify their hearts; they shall have disgrace in this world, and they shall have a grievous chastisement in the hereafter.
    Qur'an 5:41

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    Aborted (03-30-2013),Doc (03-30-2013),[MPGH]Empire (03-30-2013),[MPGH]Lehsyrus (03-30-2013)

  9. #23
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    The funniest part is that Islam claims to be part of the Abrahamic religion, but says that they are false.

    1. Make religion
    2. Tie it to other religion.
    3. Say other religion is false.
    4. ????????
    5. Profit!!!!


  10. #24
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    The funniest part is that Islam claims to be part of the Abrahamic religion, but says that they are false.

    1. Make religion
    2. Tie it to other religion.
    3. Say other religion is false.
    4. ????????
    5. Profit!!!!
    Their reasoning is that the original Bible was correct, but through the years man edited it or omitted certain things.
    The problem with making that claim is that there is really no evidence that supports it besides Apocryphal texts being removed from many current Bibles.
    Though the Latin Vulgates are still in circulation, which do contain Apocryphal text, so all in all their claims don't really hold up.

  11. #25
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Their reasoning is that the original Bible was correct, but through the years man edited it or omitted certain things.
    The problem with making that claim is that there is really no evidence that supports it besides Apocryphal texts being removed from many current Bibles.
    Though the Latin Vulgates are still in circulation, which do contain Apocryphal text, so all in all their claims don't really hold up.
    1. Deny
    2. Deny
    3. Deny
    4. ???
    5. Profit
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. How to win a debate for Islam.
    By Empire in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 01:05 PM
  2. Where did debate fort go?
    By Calard in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 07:08 PM
  3. Debate Fort
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 10:23 AM
  4. Islam vs Christianity
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 03:36 PM
  5. Immigration Debate
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 10:31 PM