Thread: Atheism

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49
  1. #16
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,471
    Reputation
    3076
    Thanks
    6,395
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Islam is really retard idea or thinking or something like that , your fingers cannot type on this keyboard correctly without your mind and your mind cannot make it correctly without the learning and the learning cannot do that without a hand the hand cannot do that without the human and the human cannot do that without a body and the body cannot do that without a soul etc.. , so nothing cannot make anything but anything can make anything and nothing like you have fingers you can type with it on the keyboard and you can do not that.
    so the Flying Spaghetti Monster made the space which is nothing and made the life and this earth which is "anything".

    Used your logic against you
    ​Pastafarianism FTW.
    When the earth is changed into a humid dungeon,
    In which Hope like a bat
    Goes beating the walls with her timid wings
    And knocking her head against the rotten ceiling;
    When the rain stretching out its endless train
    Imitates the bars of a vast prison
    And a silent horde of loathsome spiders
    Comes to spin their webs in the depths of our brains,
    All at once the bells leap with rage
    And hurl a frightful roar at heaven,
    Even as wandering spirits with no country
    Burst into a stubborn, whimpering cry.
    And without drums or music, long hearses
    Pass by slowly in my soul; Hope, vanquished,
    Weeps, and atrocious, despotic Anguish
    On my bowed skull plants her black flag.

  2. #17
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
    ​Pastafarianism FTW.
    I wrote that for my religion on my high school exit exam last year
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  3. #18
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,471
    Reputation
    3076
    Thanks
    6,395
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    I wrote that for my religion on my high school exit exam last year
    ​Well done.
    When the earth is changed into a humid dungeon,
    In which Hope like a bat
    Goes beating the walls with her timid wings
    And knocking her head against the rotten ceiling;
    When the rain stretching out its endless train
    Imitates the bars of a vast prison
    And a silent horde of loathsome spiders
    Comes to spin their webs in the depths of our brains,
    All at once the bells leap with rage
    And hurl a frightful roar at heaven,
    Even as wandering spirits with no country
    Burst into a stubborn, whimpering cry.
    And without drums or music, long hearses
    Pass by slowly in my soul; Hope, vanquished,
    Weeps, and atrocious, despotic Anguish
    On my bowed skull plants her black flag.

  4. #19
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    I need to disagree, Atheism is in fact a belief based system. Atheism is the belief that there is no theistic God, it's not a lack of religion. A nonbeliever of religion, is a nonbeliever of religion, an Atheist is a person who does does not believe in any theistic view. They are in fact, different. It proposes a firm disbelief rather than a suspension of belief, making it a belief in it's own.

    If you don't believe, then you don't believe. If you feel like you have to argue that you don't believe, you're an Atheist. That's basically the difference.

  5. #20
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    It proposes a firm disbelief rather than a suspension of belief, making it a belief in it's own.
    Why we no get tax exemption?
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  6. #21
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Why we no get tax exemption?
    Because so many Atheists refuse to admit it's a belief.

  7. #22
    bibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    899
    Reputation
    197
    Thanks
    107
    My Mood
    Cool
    Atheists don't have answers. Granted, they're closer than any religion in their search for them, and are headed in the right direction, they still don't have any answers. Neither does any religious group. The fact that anyone has the arrogance to say they can disprove god, or prove god, is setting humanity back one step at a time. Agnosticism is literally the only point of view that makes sense when trying to discover the facts of the universe. I don't know, you don't know, no one knows, we are not omniscient, we are not important, and we are selfish. We do not deserve to think the universe cares about us.

  8. #23
    Spaghetti Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a gangsta's paradise
    Posts
    2,892
    Reputation
    296
    Thanks
    1,729
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    I need to disagree, Atheism is in fact a belief based system. Atheism is the belief that there is no theistic God, it's not a lack of religion. A nonbeliever of religion, is a nonbeliever of religion, an Atheist is a person who does does not believe in any theistic view. They are in fact, different. It proposes a firm disbelief rather than a suspension of belief, making it a belief in it's own.

    If you don't believe, then you don't believe. If you feel like you have to argue that you don't believe, you're an Atheist. That's basically the difference.
    Definition of ATHEISM

    1
    archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
    2
    a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
    b : the doctrine that there is no deity
    I constantly post OC on my tumblr: http://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/



    Info
    About me: I am the best there is.
    Add me on Skype if you are into autistic humor.

    Previous name: Hax3rman

    Links
    MPGH for dummies
    The rules of conduct.
    A playlist of awesome shit I find on youtube.



    My current favorite song




  9. #24
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by hax3rman View Post
    Definition of ATHEISM

    1
    archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
    2
    a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
    b : the doctrine that there is no deity
    LITERAL TRANSLATION: REJECTION OF THE BELIEF IN DEITIES. HENCE THE "A" IN FRONT OF "THEISM".

  10. #25
    Spaghetti Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a gangsta's paradise
    Posts
    2,892
    Reputation
    296
    Thanks
    1,729
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    LITERAL TRANSLATION: REJECTION OF THE BELIEF IN DEITIES. HENCE THE "A" IN FRONT OF "THEISM".
    1. Why caps lock?
    2. Why literal? That is also the literal definition.
    I constantly post OC on my tumblr: http://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/



    Info
    About me: I am the best there is.
    Add me on Skype if you are into autistic humor.

    Previous name: Hax3rman

    Links
    MPGH for dummies
    The rules of conduct.
    A playlist of awesome shit I find on youtube.



    My current favorite song




  11. #26
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by hax3rman View Post
    1. Why caps lock?
    2. Why literal? That is also the literal definition.
    Caps lock is stuck on my iPod at the moment. Even by following the literal translations of Atheism it is still a belief based system. It is the belief of disbelief in Theistic religions.

  12. #27
    Spaghetti Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a gangsta's paradise
    Posts
    2,892
    Reputation
    296
    Thanks
    1,729
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Caps lock is stuck on my iPod at the moment. Even by following the literal translations of Atheism it is still a belief based system. It is the belief of disbelief in Theistic religions.
    Sigh. It's the lack of belief. No more, no less.
    I constantly post OC on my tumblr: http://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/



    Info
    About me: I am the best there is.
    Add me on Skype if you are into autistic humor.

    Previous name: Hax3rman

    Links
    MPGH for dummies
    The rules of conduct.
    A playlist of awesome shit I find on youtube.



    My current favorite song




  13. #28
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by hax3rman View Post
    Sigh. It's the lack of belief. No more, no less.
    No, it is not. Atheism had been defined in the sixteenth century from Greek origins as the meaning "denying the gods". A lack in belief of God is a lack in belief of God, Atheism is a rejection of the belief in God. This is fact, this is how it was originated, it is not going to change by definition nor historical value simply because you think otherwise.

  14. #29
    Spaghetti Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a gangsta's paradise
    Posts
    2,892
    Reputation
    296
    Thanks
    1,729
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    No, it is not. Atheism had been defined in the sixteenth century from Greek origins as the meaning "denying the gods". A lack in belief of God is a lack in belief of God, Atheism is a rejection of the belief in God. This is fact, this is how it was originated, it is not going to change by definition nor historical value simply because you think otherwise.
    Explain to me how "denying the gods"=believing in non-belief?
    PS: Also explain the "belief system"
    Last edited by Spaghetti Master; 04-27-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    I constantly post OC on my tumblr: http://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/



    Info
    About me: I am the best there is.
    Add me on Skype if you are into autistic humor.

    Previous name: Hax3rman

    Links
    MPGH for dummies
    The rules of conduct.
    A playlist of awesome shit I find on youtube.



    My current favorite song




  15. #30
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by hax3rman View Post
    Explain to me how "denying the gods"=believing in non-belief?
    PS: Also explain the "belief system"
    I seriously have to spell this out for you?

    Atheism by definition is, as a noun, the theory or "belief" that a God does not exist. By the quote "A disbelief in the existence of a deity" can and is arranged synonymously as "The belief that a deity does not exist". It is still a belief in a systematic ideal held as a centralized process by the people who self-acclimate themselves as such. It's refuting the existence of a God. Simple dis-belief in a deity is not Atheism as those involved in such are merely saying they do not believe, rather than "there is no deity".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Atheism is the most whiny annoying religio
    By 4chan in forum Religion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-05-2013, 04:52 PM
  2. Christianity vs. Atheism
    By ZeroTroubles in forum Religion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 12:30 PM
  3. Atheism is a religion.
    By KazestemeANI in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 09:09 PM
  4. Atheism.
    By Shark in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 02:56 PM
  5. Atheism.
    By Shark in forum General
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 02:56 PM