Thread: Atheism

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
  1. #31
    Spaghetti Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a gangsta's paradise
    Posts
    2,892
    Reputation
    296
    Thanks
    1,734
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    I seriously have to spell this out for you?

    Atheism by definition is, as a noun, the theory or "belief" that a God does not exist. By the quote "A disbelief in the existence of a deity" can and is arranged synonymously as "The belief that a deity does not exist". It is still a belief in a systematic ideal held as a centralized process by the people who self-acclimate themselves as such. It's refuting the existence of a God. Simple dis-belief in a deity is not Atheism as those involved in such are merely saying they do not believe, rather than "there is no deity".
    You didn't answer my questions at all.
    All you did was dance around them by explaining the difference in Atheism and not believing in any deities.
    PS: This chain is getting really long lol.
    PPS: I like your profile picture :3
    Last edited by Spaghetti Master; 04-27-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    I constantly post OC on my tumblr: http://spaghetti-master.tumblr.com/



    Info
    About me: I am the best there is.
    Add me on Skype if you are into autistic humor.

    Previous name: Hax3rman

    Links
    MPGH for dummies
    The rules of conduct.
    A playlist of awesome shit I find on youtube.



    My current favorite song




  2. #32
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,142
    Reputation
    546
    Thanks
    942
    Actually:

    Religion points to God. What is God?

    Nobody knows who god is, nobody knows what its gender is, nobody knows what he looks like.

    How did the world, life and everything else get created?
    By god.
    So basically a creature which's gender is unknown, looks are also unknown, and neither do they know what this creature is, has created all of us.
    So an image created by the sole human body looking for an excuse to hide his/her fear for death and their excistence is the creator of this all?
    Do you have proof of this creatures excistence, except for books?
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread





  3. #33
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,461
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Actually:
    Religion points to God. What is God?
    Nobody knows who god is, nobody knows what its gender is, nobody knows what he looks like.
    How did the world, life and everything else get created?
    By god.
    So basically a creature which's gender is unknown, looks are also unknown, and neither do they know what this creature is, has created all of us.
    So an image created by the sole human body looking for an excuse to hide his/her fear for death and their excistence is the creator of this all?
    Do you have proof of this creatures excistence, except for books?
    Obviously the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the one true God

    All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to 666HiddenMaster666 For This Useful Post:

    Snake (05-08-2013)

  5. #34
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by hax3rman View Post
    You didn't answer my questions at all.
    All you did was dance around them by explaining the difference in Atheism and not believing in any deities.
    PS: This chain is getting really long lol.
    PPS: I like your profile picture :3
    Your questions were invalid or already answered.

    The belief system in Atheism is based around the belief there is no god. Basically the opposite point of a religious belief. There no god because of [Blank].


    The lack of belief is just that, the lack of belief. Christians don't say they are "anti-scientology" or w/e, Atheist don't simply "lack the belief in god", they believe there is no god for said reasons.

    There is a belief structure within Atheist as such.
    ----------------------

    ?_?


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Lehsyrus (05-05-2013)

  7. #35
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,142
    Reputation
    546
    Thanks
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Your questions were invalid or already answered.

    The belief system in Atheism is based around the belief there is no god. Basically the opposite point of a religious belief. There no god because of [Blank].


    The lack of belief is just that, the lack of belief. Christians don't say they are "anti-scientology" or w/e, Atheist don't simply "lack the belief in god", they believe there is no god for said reasons.

    There is a belief structure within Atheist as such.
    ----------------------

    ?_?

    In my islamic books, it says that atheism is a pure denial of any supernatural excistence and how they are not mentally prepared to look further than their nose.
    Its so rediculous, yet these people just accept it without thinking about it, just because their parents tell them to do.
    Seems like a big waste of your life imo.
    I could understand livin' as a christian, since most christians don't do any shit they are supposed to anyway, but damn son, living as a muslim and then finding out there is no heaven after all must be shitty.

    Like pray five times a day, ramadan, trip to mekka, slaughter animals once in a while and get hatred thrown at you, all those other religious aspects etc.
    It sounds so rediculous to me as a non believer, but I geuss what we don't believe is rediculous to the religious people.
















    Oh yeah and @op:

    What the hell did god ever do for you except for those abnoxious facts of how he gifted you life etc in the bible/koran?
    What did he do for ya?
    Is he giving that damn atheist called steve jobs a great carreer and makes all these christian believers rot?
    Oh no wait, he got punished with cancer

    what was I thinking
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread





  8. #36
    ZigZak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    586
    Reputation
    48
    Thanks
    36
    My Mood
    Cold
    That is how believers see it. If you actually researched and looked for evidence, you would understand it.
    Science may not be a religion, but neither is Atheism.
    Evidence found through science supports that all religions that exist today are false. Science never proved that their isn't a higher deity. It just disproves ALL religions that exist today.

  9. #37
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by ZigZak View Post
    That is how believers see it. If you actually researched and looked for evidence, you would understand it.
    Science may not be a religion, but neither is Atheism.
    Evidence found through science supports that all religions that exist today are false. Science never proved that their isn't a higher deity. It just disproves ALL religions that exist today.
    Science doesn't have time for religious shit. It's got better things to do.


  10. #38
    ZigZak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    586
    Reputation
    48
    Thanks
    36
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Science doesn't have time for religious shit. It's got better things to do.
    I know, but as science is discovering more evidence for theories like the big bang, it is pretty much throwing out (unrealistic) religion theories which are constantly mentioned.

  11. #39
    iceblaz3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    169
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    59
    My Mood
    Amused
    Without religion, what guidelines would humanity obey to keep us in bounds, to prevent chaos and destruction, to draw the fine line? We would merely be a bunch of hooligans running around doing whatever we please, like raping and murdering others. You wouldn't want any of your family members to be hurt in such a way, would you? I'm a Buddhist, and my religion not only emphasizes on performing good and meritorious deeds among others, but also in doing so maintain peace and harmony, both self and around us. Atheism isn't something to be proud of, because you dictate what is right and wrong according to your beliefs and thoughts. What you think is right may be the plague for those around you.

  12. #40
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,461
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblaz3 View Post
    Without religion, what guidelines would humanity obey to keep us in bounds, to prevent chaos and destruction, to draw the fine line? We would merely be a bunch of hooligans running around doing whatever we please, like raping and murdering others. You wouldn't want any of your family members to be hurt in such a way, would you? I'm a Buddhist, and my religion not only emphasizes on performing good and meritorious deeds among others, but also in doing so maintain peace and harmony, both self and around us. Atheism isn't something to be proud of, because you dictate what is right and wrong according to your beliefs and thoughts. What you think is right may be the plague for those around you.
    If you require religion to think for you, then you are as stupid as those who you describe as "hooligans"
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  13. #41
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,527
    Reputation
    3109
    Thanks
    6,421
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblaz3 View Post
    Without religion, what guidelines would humanity obey to keep us in bounds, to prevent chaos and destruction, to draw the fine line? We would merely be a bunch of hooligans running around doing whatever we please, like raping and murdering others. You wouldn't want any of your family members to be hurt in such a way, would you? I'm a Buddhist, and my religion not only emphasizes on performing good and meritorious deeds among others, but also in doing so maintain peace and harmony, both self and around us. Atheism isn't something to be proud of, because you dictate what is right and wrong according to your beliefs and thoughts. What you think is right may be the plague for those around you.
    ​Humorous how a vast majority of history's most evil people were religious. Your ignorance is astounding.
    When the earth is changed into a humid dungeon,
    In which Hope like a bat
    Goes beating the walls with her timid wings
    And knocking her head against the rotten ceiling;
    When the rain stretching out its endless train
    Imitates the bars of a vast prison
    And a silent horde of loathsome spiders
    Comes to spin their webs in the depths of our brains,
    All at once the bells leap with rage
    And hurl a frightful roar at heaven,
    Even as wandering spirits with no country
    Burst into a stubborn, whimpering cry.
    — And without drums or music, long hearses
    Pass by slowly in my soul; Hope, vanquished,
    Weeps, and atrocious, despotic Anguish
    On my bowed skull plants her black flag.

  14. #42
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblaz3 View Post
    Without religion, what guidelines would humanity obey to keep us in bounds, to prevent chaos and destruction, to draw the fine line? We would merely be a bunch of hooligans running around doing whatever we please, like raping and murdering others. You wouldn't want any of your family members to be hurt in such a way, would you? I'm a Buddhist, and my religion not only emphasizes on performing good and meritorious deeds among others, but also in doing so maintain peace and harmony, both self and around us. Atheism isn't something to be proud of, because you dictate what is right and wrong according to your beliefs and thoughts. What you think is right may be the plague for those around you.
    This is why some people actually need to take an ethics class.


  15. #43
    Paralyze Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    2,712
    Reputation
    183
    Thanks
    280
    Hell, I believe in God, not in the god of the Quran though.

    For all you Athiests who do not have faith in a higher power.


    It's better to have faith in something that might be real, than to have no faith in something at all.

    @Aborted I won't get all preacher up on your athiest ass


    Skype: Soklast1

  16. #44
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,461
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by iReapzi View Post
    It's better to have faith in something that might be real, than to have no faith in something at all.
    Nty, I prefer to spend my time instead of wasting it
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  17. #45
    Paralyze Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    2,712
    Reputation
    183
    Thanks
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


    Nty, I prefer to spend my time instead of wasting it
    Religion doesn't force you to pray, or to go to church. You can look at porn on sunday for all I care. rofl.


    Skype: Soklast1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Atheism is the most whiny annoying religio
    By 4chan in forum Religion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-05-2013, 04:52 PM
  2. Christianity vs. Atheism
    By ZeroTroubles in forum Religion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 12:30 PM
  3. Atheism is a religion.
    By KazestemeANI in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 09:09 PM
  4. Atheism.
    By Shark in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 02:56 PM
  5. Atheism.
    By Shark in forum General
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 02:56 PM