Thread: God existence

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
  1. #31
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    If the existence of God is not proven, it is therefore false until proven otherwise.
    ----------------------

    Unfortunately God is not a "feeling", no matter how people want to argue this, religion is CLEARLY definitive in their answer on what God said, did, and wants us to do. There is no god "feeling" that dictates religious rules and practices, its written in stone.
    -----------------


    I don't doubt that a being powerful enough to be called a "god" exist, however it being the religions of humanity's "god" is highly unlikely/false.
    Look , Many people are saying the nature created this universe and I say the nature cannot create the universe and It's in it .

    I mean the nature is inside the universe and It cannot create it while It is inside the universe .
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  2. #32
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Fucking wrote this long ass post and the internet fucking cut out. Aiggooooo

    ---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by [D]opeDog View Post


    Look , Many people are saying the nature created this universe and I say the nature cannot create the universe and It's in it .

    I mean the nature is inside the universe and It cannot create it while It is inside the universe .
    Nature is not a material thing, it's a concept of living and non-living matter. Nature IS the Universe, NOT within it.

  3. #33
    Aborted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Shitpost Defense
    Posts
    17,471
    Reputation
    3076
    Thanks
    6,394
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Nonexistent until proven existent. No Negative Proofs please.
    When the earth is changed into a humid dungeon,
    In which Hope like a bat
    Goes beating the walls with her timid wings
    And knocking her head against the rotten ceiling;
    When the rain stretching out its endless train
    Imitates the bars of a vast prison
    And a silent horde of loathsome spiders
    Comes to spin their webs in the depths of our brains,
    All at once the bells leap with rage
    And hurl a frightful roar at heaven,
    Even as wandering spirits with no country
    Burst into a stubborn, whimpering cry.
    — And without drums or music, long hearses
    Pass by slowly in my soul; Hope, vanquished,
    Weeps, and atrocious, despotic Anguish
    On my bowed skull plants her black flag.

  4. #34
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by [D]opeDog View Post


    Look , Many people are saying the nature created this universe and I say the nature cannot create the universe and It's in it .

    I mean the nature is inside the universe and It cannot create it while It is inside the universe .
    That is just your stupidity of not knowing cause-effect relationships.


  5. #35
    scsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    76
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    13
    My Mood
    Daring
    -> To religious people especially Muslims since there is a few religious Christians here : If god existed why did he create us ? If your answer was to test us then did Allah say that he knows everything ? Like he knows what would happen in the future etc. ?

    If god existed why did he create us ? to worship him

    If your answer was to test us then did Allah say that he knows everything ? if he didn't make this happen then people thrown into hell would still have an argument to make that he didn't allow them to be tested



    the big bang itself is in the quran

    “Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, then We separated them, and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?” (Quran 21:30)

    we know today every living thing is made up of water, and the universe was one till the big bang, the arabic words that are used are ratq and fataq

    ratq: clove asunder, separate

    fataq: closed up, entity, joined together

    use simple logic, how can something come from nothing? how can a man 1400 years ago know the origin of the universe, know all of these things?
    Last edited by scsc; 05-27-2013 at 02:36 AM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to scsc For This Useful Post:

    Frought (05-27-2013)

  7. #36
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Prove to me that there isn't a great, powerful sea-creature that lies in a dormant slumber only to awaken on the day of our reckoning.


    I don't believe in God because there is no reason to believe. There is no evidence, only a book and a bunch of pseudo science. The burden of proof lies with the person making the affirmative claim. Until there is a shred of evidence supported by proper scientific analysis that was conducted by scientists who weren't religiously invested in providing the evidence (I'm looking at all the Muslims who think their pseudo-scientific YouTube videos are somehow evidence of their so called God), then I simply can't commit to any sort of belief.


    Until such a thing presents itself, I'm no better or worse off believing that someday I'll grow wings, sprout tentacles from my chin and become the next incarnation of Cthulhu, whom by the way has had many books written about him and has just as much evidence to prove he exists as God does. For the people who believe they feel God or Allah, I can easily say that I can feel Cthulhu out there in the cosmos, dwelling in the abyss. A silent apocalypse, our impending annihilation. But because millions of people don't share my viewpoint I'd just be labelled as a dumbass or mentally unstable. But I have just as much evidence for the Great Cthulhu as a Christian does for their God or a Muslim does for their Allah.


    But even without evidence, religion still manages to be one of the largest influence on billions of peoples daily lives. Despite everything pointing to the contrary there are still people who close there eyes, close their ears, and close their minds to anything that seeks to point them towards the contrary.


    Why is this? Because humanity hasn't always had reliable scientific method. We weren't always capable of testing theories, or even provide a grounded thought to why things are the way they are. There were periods in our history where we knew fuck all about anything, but our great ancestors needed to find an origin, they needed to know why things happen the way they do. So they made up stories, made literature about greater beings. Entire civilizations were built upon pillars of myth that they viewed to be true. The Greeks did it with their Gods on Olympus, the Egyptians did it with their Gods, and the Romans and other societies that followed Abrahamic religions finally said their God was the origin. Christianity and other Abrahamic religions are only around today due to the ability to record and pass down tradition to the masses. They were able spread their reach faster and further than the myths that preceded them. But now we have science. For the last few centuries (millennia for some discoveries) we've been able to find accurate explanations for the many things in life. But still people cling to tradition, to their convictions that were manifested into their minds from a young age from the people that preceded them. They create straw men arguments, they shift the burden of proof, they create pseudo-science because they fear the knowledge that perhaps everything they and their ancestors have thought to be pillars of truths were in fact falsities.


    That's why I don't like religion, that's why I don't believe in a God, that's why I don't trust religious people as much as I should. I don't like the fact that people are so willing to disregard evidence, the science that has been established and tested, and refuse to come to their own analysis and conclusion. They'd rather put their faith in a book that was given to them and not even attempt to look at the alternatives humanity has come so far to offer.


    That's fucked up.




    That's just my view on religion as a whole though, my views on shit like Islam is a whole 'nother thing.

  8. #37
    Saboteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    29,412
    Reputation
    5235
    Thanks
    7,581
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Prove to me that there isn't a great, powerful sea-creature that lies in a dormant slumber only to awaken on the day of our reckoning.

    ALL HAIL CTHULHU



    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


  9. #38
    scsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    76
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    13
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by scsc View Post
    -> To religious people especially Muslims since there is a few religious Christians here : If god existed why did he create us ? If your answer was to test us then did Allah say that he knows everything ? Like he knows what would happen in the future etc. ?

    If god existed why did he create us ? to worship him

    If your answer was to test us then did Allah say that he knows everything ? if he didn't make this happen then people thrown into hell would still have an argument to make that he didn't allow them to be tested



    the big bang itself is in the quran

    “Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, then We separated them, and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?” (Quran 21:30)

    we know today every living thing is made up of water, and the universe was one till the big bang, the arabic words that are used are ratq and fataq

    ratq: clove asunder, separate

    fataq: closed up, entity, joined together

    use simple logic, how can something come from nothing? how can a man 1400 years ago know the origin of the universe, know all of these things?
    @Doc
    /tooshort

  10. #39
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by scsc View Post
    @Doc
    /tooshort
    What's your point?

  11. #40
    scsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    76
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    13
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    What's your point?
    how can a man in the middle of a desert know these things 1400 years ago?

  12. #41
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by scsc View Post
    how can a man in the middle of a desert know these things 1400 years ago?
    Know what things?

  13. #42
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Fucking wrote this long ass post and the internet fucking cut out. Aiggooooo

    ---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------



    Nature is not a material thing, it's a concept of living and non-living matter. Nature IS the Universe, NOT within it.
    Yeah , good point It's inside the universe and the universe itself , there must be someone who made it , there must be a king in this universe and the world , there must be a king who made us to obey him.


    ---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

    BTW , Allah learned Adam the names , every name you ever heard Allah learned Adam them and he learned him many things in the universe and learned him how to eat how to do every things you need to be alive in the earth.

    Without this the humanity would come without knowing how to implant or doing anything except from the father who learned how to do that.

    You said how allah came from nothing right? then tell me how the circle have a start and don't have an end , I mean this universe in an circle the god is the start and the judgement day is the end.
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  14. #43
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by [D]opeDog View Post

    Yeah , good point It's inside the universe and the universe itself , there must be someone who made it , there must be a king in this universe and the world , there must be a king who made us to obey him.
    Why must there be a king? Why must we obey him?

  15. #44
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Why must there be a king? Why must we obey him?
    The human are created for something , and not for anything .

    Why must there be a king? because without a king this circle will not be completed which means the end of everything .

    an example of why must there be a king? : If you made a robot , you will control it right? you the one who can control him without you , the robot is a trash.
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  16. #45
    scsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    76
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    13
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Know what things?
    We made the sky a protective ceiling. And yet they are turning away from Our signs [21:32]

    The ozone layer.

    I can go on and on for hours quoting the Quran and explaining to you.

    We made every living thing from water? Will they not believe? [21:30]

    We know now every living thing is made of water.

    And it is We who have built the Universe with power and keep expanding it. [51:47]

    We now know the universe is continuously expanding.

    It is Allah who has created the night and the day, the sun and the moon, each one travelling in orbit with its own motion [21:33]

    We now know the sun and the moon have their own designated orbits.

    Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, then We separated them, and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe? [21:30]

    Big bang theory.

    ---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Why must there be a king? Why must we obey him?
    Because it's only logical that there is one.

    ---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by [D]opeDog View Post

    The human are created for something , and not for anything .

    Why must there be a king? because without a king this circle will not be completed which means the end of everything .

    an example of why must there be a king? : If you made a robot , you will control it right? you the one who can control him without you , the robot is a trash.
    Why is the robot trash without someone controlling it if it can control itself?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. God exists.
    By Time in forum Religion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 09:38 AM
  2. Proof God exists!
    By Ethereal in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 01:38 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 06:10 PM
  4. Does God Exist?
    By Shark in forum General
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 09:05 PM
  5. proof that god exists
    By ace76543 in forum General
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 06:06 PM