Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Religion in itself is not cancer. It is people who are cancer to the world. If it werent religion, humanity would find another excuse for murder, oppression and rape.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril38 View Post
    Religion in itself is not cancer. It is people who are cancer to the world. If it werent religion, humanity would find another excuse for murder, oppression and rape.
    Again, this is true.

However without the structure of belief that is religion, that % of happening would be much, much lower.

When you take away people's ability to administer propaganda, the amount of atrocities will lower.

Thanks
    For those of you who believe in evolution...if humans were evolved from monkeys,apes ect. then why are we born out of a stomach? i mean why did we stop being evolutionized from monkeys? answer that question. we were either evolutionized or not. cant have both...
    sgzffdfdfklnlnnklnknlk lknlknnlnklnllkn

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy Perry View Post
    For those of you who believe in evolution...if humans were evolved from monkeys,apes ect. then why are we born out of a stomach? i mean why did we stop being evolutionized from monkeys? answer that question. we were either evolutionized or not. cant have both...
    We are not born out of a stomach.

Evolution is transitional, not instant.

We are "evolutionized", if you will, part of evolution.

Thanks
    All the counter points of OP are "logical". Religion is a subjective matter and one's encounter with it are different for everyone.
    I look at religion as a set of guidelines to navigate through life,having it is better than NOT.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by niteghost View Post
    I look at religion as a set of guidelines to navigate through life,having it is better than NOT.
    :/ But what could religion possibly guide you through that couldn't be guided without?

In other words: what is the use of a guide if it's inferior to what we already know?
    ---------------------------------------

Also, most religions praise ignorance. That's the exact opposite of "guidance"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    І'm а truе Сhrіstіаn nоt а fаkе оnе І wаnt tо mаkе а роіnt thаt gоеs аlоng wіth Тrаvіs. Јust lіkе еmраthу саmе frоm Gоd еvеn thоugh реорlе dоn't wаnt tо ассерt іt. Wе humаns hаvе іntеllіgеnсеs, іntеllіgеnсеs саn оnlу соmе frоm іntеllіgеnсеs. Іf wе саmе frоm аn ехрlоsіоn lіkе sоmе реорlе bеlіеvе thеn wе wоuld bе lіkе zоmbіеs. Іntеllіgеnсе соmеs frоm іntеllіgеnсе. Wе humаns аrе аblе tо thіnk, іnvеnt, сrеаtе аnd sо muсh mоrе bесаusе wе hаvе іntеllіgеnсе. Јust lіkе Gоd сrеаtеd thе еаrth, mооn,sun, stаrs аnd sо mаnу оthеr thіngs wе саn сrеаtе thіngs аlsо nоt оn Ніs lеvеl but hаvе аbіlіtіеs lіkе оur Сrеаtоr. Реорlе сhооsе nоt tо lіvе bу Gоds stаndаrds sо thе сhооsе nоt tо bеlіеvе іn Ніm.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Majin Vegeta View Post
    People cause drama, if there wasn't religion, you can bet your bottom dollar it would be some other bullshit that causes it.
    damn bro, so accurate.

edit: wow just realized thread was a year ago

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    I agree with your suggestion. Life would be far more UN-stressful and enjoyable as now a days we are fighting for absurd reasons

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkZiff View Post
    І'm а truе Сhrіstіаn nоt а fаkе оnе І wаnt tо mаkе а роіnt thаt gоеs аlоng wіth Тrаvіs. Јust lіkе еmраthу саmе frоm Gоd еvеn thоugh реорlе dоn't wаnt tо ассерt іt. Wе humаns hаvе іntеllіgеnсеs, іntеllіgеnсеs саn оnlу соmе frоm іntеllіgеnсеs. Іf wе саmе frоm аn ехрlоsіоn lіkе sоmе реорlе bеlіеvе thеn wе wоuld bе lіkе zоmbіеs. Іntеllіgеnсе соmеs frоm іntеllіgеnсе. Wе humаns аrе аblе tо thіnk, іnvеnt, сrеаtе аnd sо muсh mоrе bесаusе wе hаvе іntеllіgеnсе. Јust lіkе Gоd сrеаtеd thе еаrth, mооn,sun, stаrs аnd sо mаnу оthеr thіngs wе саn сrеаtе thіngs аlsо nоt оn Ніs lеvеl but hаvе аbіlіtіеs lіkе оur Сrеаtоr. Реорlе сhооsе nоt tо lіvе bу Gоds stаndаrds sо thе сhооsе nоt tо bеlіеvе іn Ніm.
    Who said that intelligence can only come from intelligence?
    We are all essentially huge mountains of chells and each of them is a giant chunk of molecules.
    In a sense we are all organic robots that are extremely high developed. We are able to think because our brain-chells are linking observations with our reactions, essentially creating a huge set of instructions to follow. Memories are saved and deleted if they are not used anymore. Our subconciousness saves the most important and most used experiences. Therefore if someone greets us, we already greet back before even thinking about it.

we are the result of billions of years of evolution, but we are far from perfect and evolution is still going.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    religion is trash

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Know this is old but gotta say it:

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky, who watches everything you fo every minute of your life. And he has a list of ten things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any, any, of these ten things he has a special place full of fire and smoke and ash and torture where he will send you to suffer and burn and scream and cry forever and ever until the end of time!

But he loves you!

He loves you and he needs MONEY!

-George Carlin

Thanks
    Some people believe in the spaghetti monster.
    Mostly in Denmark.

Thanks
    People are afraid of the unknown.

I'll believe in whatever I want.

Thanks
    That wasnt really a reason for why you shouldnt though, give some like scientific eevidence or something bb

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast