Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 63
  1. #46
    BioHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    *Bloop*-Error-*Bleep*
    Posts
    1,014
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    238
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Nope, never seen any proof that he exists, show me some proof other than "miracles are proof, and there is a higher pwoer" uuuummm, no go kill yourself, its called physics, even if we dont understand it yet. Im not saying he isnt there because "I cant see him" im saying he isnt there, because there is no proof period that he exists


    Formerly known as - GangsterDemon
     

  2. #47
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsero110 View Post
    Heaven and shit
    Well what do you define faith as?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post


    You call yourself an atheist, yet you want scientific proof of jesus' powers? You actively hold a belief that God and its miracles can not and will not happen. You hold faith that despite future evidence God does not exist and has never existed.

    Agnosticism the way to go.

    Agnosticism is synonymous with atheism.

    Derp.


  3. #48
    BioHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    *Bloop*-Error-*Bleep*
    Posts
    1,014
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    238
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post


    You call yourself an atheist, yet you want scientific proof of jesus' powers? You actively hold a belief that God and its miracles can not and will not happen. You hold faith that despite future evidence God does not exist and has never existed.

    You do known being Atheist is just not believing in deities/gods right?


    Formerly known as - GangsterDemon
     

  4. #49
    Yung Lean 2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Yoshi City
    Posts
    1,461
    Reputation
    175
    Thanks
    908
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Scientology!!!

    I really don't believe in anything, not even science... I kinda just ignore the whole thing.

    Edit: I do believe in some elements of science, and some I don't. But again, I just wanna ignore it all.
    S-A-D B-O-Y-S
    Bitch, I grind, bitch, I grind


  5. #50
    Cloud_9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Estados Unidos
    Posts
    195
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    28
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    Agnosticism is synonymous with atheism.

    Derp.
    Atheists do not believe that God exists/existed. Agnostics neither believe that God exists or does not exist.


    Quote Originally Posted by GangsterDemon View Post


    You do known being Atheist is just not believing in deities/gods right?
    actively not believing.
    Last edited by Cloud_9; 03-29-2015 at 07:52 PM.
    "A Man Who Is Too Afraid To Admit His Fears Is A Man Who Won't Overcome Them.
    There Is Liberty In Confession And Freedom In Acknowledgment."


    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

     


  6. #51
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post


    Atheists do not believe that God exists/existed. Agnostics neither believe that God exists or does not exist.




    actively not believing.
    You are mistaking anti-theist with atheist.


    It's not actively not believing, it's simply not believing.


    If you are not a theist or deist, you are automatically atheist.


    Now you can try to be the special snowflake and label yourself "agnostic" but in the end you are an atheist by default. Agnostic is the position every atheist holds if he is being honest.

    But eh, w/e. Some people aren't brave enough.


  7. #52
    DavidSulina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    381
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    528
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Jesus exists. He is right next to me.
    "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
    Albert Einstein


    I sexually identify myself as a refrigerator.

  8. #53
    Levent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Alcatraz
    Posts
    448
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    143
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSulina View Post
    Jesus exists. He is right next to me.
    True story nigga and Kolinda Grabar is front of my naked too
    Processor Intel Skylake i7 6700K
    Video Card ASUS ROG Strix GTX1080
    SSD 2x 240GB HyperX Savage Solid-State Drive
    HDD 3TB Medion HDD
    Memory Corsair 4x8 GB 3333Ghz
    C.FAN 3x Corsair Blue Motion
    Proccessor Special Fan Special Black Edition Ultra Silenced Corsair FAN

  9. #54
    Cloud_9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Estados Unidos
    Posts
    195
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    28
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    You are mistaking anti-theist with atheist.


    It's not actively not believing, it's simply not believing.


    If you are not a theist or deist, you are automatically atheist.


    Now you can try to be the special snowflake and label yourself "agnostic" but in the end you are an atheist by default. Agnostic is the position every atheist holds if he is being honest.

    But eh, w/e. Some people aren't brave enough.
    Really, we're going to play like that.


    Alright you guys I am passively not believing that God exists.


    If you are not a conservative, you are automatically liberal. The world is black and white.


    Well if every atheist was honest then I guess we wouldn't have atheists anymore. To default a persons beliefs into a little bin with all the other "special snowflakes" is ridiculous. All rectangles are squares but not all squares are rectangles. It's like claiming that Muslims and Catholics are the same by default, it's just plain stupid.


    There is a difference between believing that the perception of God is unknowable, and believing that God does not exist. Agnosticism is waiting for the coin to land before claiming what side the coin is on, Atheism is claiming the side is tails before it has finished spinning.


    Since when does not jumping to irresponsible conclusions make people cowards? You cross that street without looking both ways, you goddamned lionhearted wildboy.
    Last edited by Cloud_9; 04-01-2015 at 06:15 PM.
    "A Man Who Is Too Afraid To Admit His Fears Is A Man Who Won't Overcome Them.
    There Is Liberty In Confession And Freedom In Acknowledgment."


    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

     


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloud_9 For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Shadow (04-01-2015)

  11. #55
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post


    Really, we're going to play like that.


    Alright you guys I am passively not believing that God exists.


    If you are not a conservative, you are automatically liberal. The world is black and white.


    Well if every atheist was honest then I guess we wouldn't have atheists anymore. To default a persons beliefs into a little bin with all the other "special snowflakes" is ridiculous. All rectangles are squares but not all squares are rectangles. It's like claiming that Muslims and Catholics are the same by default, it's just plain stupid.


    There is a difference between believing that the perception of God is unknowable, and believing that God does not exist. Agnosticism is waiting for the coin to land before claiming what side the coin is on, Atheism is claiming the side is tails before it has finished spinning.


    Since when does not jumping to irresponsible conclusions make people cowards? You cross that street without looking both ways, you goddamned lionhearted wildboy.

    Atheism is the lack of belief in a god. It is synonymous with agnosticism.

    Stop being retarded and labeling all atheist as believing a god doesn't exist.



    If you took 5 seconds to research what the fuck you were talking about without an incredible amount of confirmation bias, you'd realize you were wrong.
    http://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism
    =====================================

    Just so you know: This shit makes you look like an idiot.

    When kids like you try this strawman of an argument and have it backfire, that's a sign that you should do the tiniest of research before posting.

    ==========

    Edit: I prepared this huge rant on this. But fuck it, it's just some stupid kid making a stupid mistake. He doesn't deserve to get destroyed over this.


    (Not a fan of Jaclyn, but she does a decent job here and I'm sure you kids like tits so.....)
    Last edited by Empire; 04-01-2015 at 11:38 PM.


  12. #56
    Acid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    1,511
    Reputation
    82
    Thanks
    163
    My Mood
    Bored
    Jesus or Yahushua was just a human being. There is no proof of his miracles or anything he did. He deserved to get crucified for his book of hate and fairy tales.
    Give me bitcoin, I guess.. 1aoAPueWDGiTybBR82hLVaFc7y9oyTjgz




  13. #57
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by HetoxHD View Post
    Jesus or Yahushua was just a human being. There is no proof of his miracles or anything he did. He deserved to get crucified for his book of hate and fairy tales.
    Well he deserved to die according to the precedent set in the bible/torah actually.

    Which is odd. I mean if you were Jewish you'd know this would happen. It's almost as if some guy purposefully set himself up to be killed and then became a martyr for his disciples.

    Then, lets just say that his disciples claimed he rose from the dead. Like many have done and still do to this day whenever a leader dies.


    But that's just kind of odd. I mean clearly Jesus was born of a virgin(and that's not considered rape), clearly he didn't know about the Jewish laws while he was Jewish, clearly he rose from the dead as the only accounts we have are the top leaders of the cult and they can't be biased.

    Yeah I'm going to have to go with option B.


  14. #58
    cameorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    146
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    7
    My Mood
    Happy
    well... looks like that we will have to die to see whats on the other side death keeps its promise here is a video from Allen watts that i enjoy



  15. #59
    Cloud_9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Estados Unidos
    Posts
    195
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    28
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post



    Atheism is the lack of belief in a god. It is synonymous with agnosticism.

    Stop being retarded and labeling all atheist as believing a god doesn't exist.



    If you took 5 seconds to research what the fuck you were talking about without an incredible amount of confirmation bias, you'd realize you were wrong.
    http://atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism
    I'm talking about what it means to claim to be an Atheist and the obligations labeling yourself as such has. When you claim to be Atheist it doesn't end right there, it commits you to a certain set of tenets which you have to continuously defend.


    Claiming to be Atheist is different than claiming to be Agnostic, you may think its childish/inaccurate to recognise yourself simply as Agnostic but then again it frees you from the liabilities of Atheism. Before complaining about the literal meanings of atheism and agnosticism, think about the ramifications labeling yourself as atheist has, especially when "some people" aren't surrounded by the most kind hearted people but instead by people who only see Atheism as hating all different kinds of religion.


    The literal meaning of Atheism differs from what people see Atheism as practiced, 25 or 55 year old elitists who see themselves superior to Bible thumping idiots. Whereas people see Agnosticism as Agnosticism is, not knowing. You can call it copping out, I call it getting my point across to people the most effective way.
    http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0092302


    Seen a few of the lady's videos, thought she was a bitch but found some of her videos were interesting. Fucking destroy me on this if i'm wrong, I don't want you to simply dismiss me as "some kid making a mistake". Treat me like a fucking individual and educate the shit outta me. Who cares if i'm embarrassed or disgruntled by you whooping my ass with the correct information on the topic. Don't make me walk around bullshitting other people with the wrong information and make me want to reference this fucking thread multiple times in the future so that I can accurately discuss this with people.





    (Wouldn't say i'm a fan of Tyson, but he does help illustrate what I mean and i'm sure you white boys love negros so...)
    Last edited by Cloud_9; 04-03-2015 at 12:35 AM.
    "A Man Who Is Too Afraid To Admit His Fears Is A Man Who Won't Overcome Them.
    There Is Liberty In Confession And Freedom In Acknowledgment."


    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

     


  16. #60
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post


    I'm talking about what it means to claim to be an Atheist and the obligations labeling yourself as such has. When you claim to be Atheist it doesn't end right there, it commits you to a certain set of tenets which you have to continuously defend.
    What tenets? Atheism has no tenets

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post

    Claiming to be Atheist is different than claiming to be Agnostic, you may think its childish/inaccurate to recognise yourself simply as Agnostic but then again it frees you from the liabilities of Atheism. Before complaining about the literal meanings of atheism and agnosticism, think about the ramifications labeling yourself as atheist has, especially when "some people" aren't surrounded by the most kind hearted people but instead by people who only see Atheism as hating all different kinds of religion.
    That's great and all, but you're on a religious debate forum on the internet. Being afraid of peer pressure isn't a good reason to state "atheism isn't agnosticism" online.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post

    The literal meaning of Atheism differs from what people see Atheism as practiced, 25 or 55 year old elitists who see themselves superior to Bible thumping idiots. Whereas people see Agnosticism as Agnosticism is, not knowing. You can call it copping out, I call it getting my point across to people the most effective way.
    Except you're assuming the people you are talking to are children. If they knew anything about the arguments they'd see you as:
    A) A coward who won't admit he's an atheist.
    B) Someone who is weak in faith and only needs a little push of bible-thumping
    C) Someone who isn't smart enough to make up his own mind.


    So instead of changing society's views on atheism you'll claim to be an agnostic? Glad to know you don't care about your fellow man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_9 View Post

    Seen a few of the lady's videos, thought she was a bitch but found some of her videos were interesting. Fucking destroy me on this if i'm wrong, I don't want you to simply dismiss me as "some kid making a mistake". Treat me like a fucking individual and educate the shit outta me. Who cares if i'm embarrassed or disgruntled by you whooping my ass with the correct information on the topic. Don't make me walk around bullshitting other people with the wrong information and make me want to reference this fucking thread multiple times in the future so that I can accurately discuss this with people.
    Honestly it's simple. If you lack belief in a god, you are an atheist. That's it. You want to appear as ABC be my guest, but most people will respect you more if they know you researched the arguments instead of being some dumb ass hipster who labels himself an agnostic. Especially when you grow up to be a man. If you are that afraid of labeling yourself as an atheist for fear of harm, don't.

    Now of course, you better actually know the arguments if you are an agnostic or atheist. You don't and someone confronts you about it and your response is "oh I don't know" you'll be a fucking joke.
    ================================================== ===

    Also on NGD: He's just trying to protect his job.
    Last edited by Empire; 04-03-2015 at 01:39 AM.


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do you believe...?
    By cpepablito in forum General
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 01:56 PM
  2. Do you believe in Aliens?
    By suseke16 in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 10-16-2009, 03:14 PM
  3. Evolution do you believe in it?
    By fatcat911 in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 04:32 PM
  4. Do you believe in life outside earth?
    By Diisasta in forum General
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 08:13 PM
  5. Do you believe Jesus was black?
    By Jesus_Man in forum General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 01:48 PM