Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,068
    Reputation
    516
    Thanks
    918

    @Athe´sts: Don't you ever wish you could believe in a God and afterlife?

    Even though the religions are wrong, what they say about athe´sts is true.

    We truely are the most depresded people on the planet.
    I just sometimes wish I could erase the logic-part from my brain and just believe in a religion and believe eventually everything will be okay.

    I can't be the only one around here, am I?
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread





  2. #2
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Honestly no, because at that point I'd just be that much more ignorant.

    Ignorance is bliss, until it causes an event that creates a lot of self-harm and you're blaming it on your ignorance.


  3. #3
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,068
    Reputation
    516
    Thanks
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Honestly no, because at that point I'd just be that much more ignorant.

    Ignorance is bliss, until it causes an event that creates a lot of self-harm and you're blaming it on your ignorance.
    The only reason you think it is ignorant is because you know so. What if you don't even feel as you're being ignorant but rather feel like you're on the right path? Think our lives would be much easier tbh, too bad not everyone is retarded
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread





  4. #4
    Ceelker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    General FPS sections
    Posts
    868
    Reputation
    16
    Thanks
    2,949
    My Mood
    Amused
    What am I if I just don't believe in anything. Like there just isn't an old bearded man sitting somewhere on the clouds, and no, we do not travel anywhere when we die.
    You like die, it's over. There's no feeling, nothing.

  5. #5
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post


    The only reason you think it is ignorant is because you know so. What if you don't even feel as you're being ignorant but rather feel like you're on the right path? Think our lives would be much easier tbh, too bad not everyone is retarded
    Dude.....what?

    It's like saying "what if we didn't know about physics" and thought everything was because of spirits.

    No. It's not better.


  6. #6
    Hunter Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cyrodiil
    Posts
    1,678
    Reputation
    335
    Thanks
    420
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    We truely are the most depresded people on the planet.
    Not really. I live a happy life.

    I laugh everyday with friends, hang out with them, then go home and have fun on MPGH. I have a fun life, but I'm invigorated by the thing called "knowledge".

    What you're asking for is to be taught the things that have been passed down for thousands of years because you're scared to see truth, so you want to hide your brain capable of so much more by having it dulled out to ignorant thoughts. Through my eyes, it's more disappointing to expect something and get the opposite. You live, you die, plain and simple. People ask me, "well if there is no afterlife what is there?" They answer their own question. Nothing.
    Last edited by Hunter Jr.; 03-03-2015 at 12:13 AM.

  7. #7
    The Doctor.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Your Hard Drive.
    Posts
    1,211
    Reputation
    120
    Thanks
    1,013
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Even though the religions are wrong, what they say about athe´sts is true.

    We truely are the most depresded people on the planet.
    I just sometimes wish I could erase the logic-part from my brain and just believe in a religion and believe eventually everything will be okay.

    I can't be the only one around here, am I?
    I would rather believe that the worlds going to shit and its gonna end tomorrow then believe in god.

  8. #8
    Acid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    1,511
    Reputation
    82
    Thanks
    163
    My Mood
    Bored
    I believe in an afterlife. It's called purgatory.
    Give me bitcoin, I guess.. 1aoAPueWDGiTybBR82hLVaFc7y9oyTjgz




  9. #9
    666HiddenMaster666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    14,463
    Reputation
    953
    Thanks
    1,854
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    We truely are the most depresded people on the planet.
    Learn to turn pessimism into optimistic realism
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

  10. #10
    .Herbs.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    20
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Lurking
    You can create anything you want to in your imagination - it's the most "Godlike" thing about humans that there is, in the sense that anything at all that you want you can instantly have - in your imagination.

    If you believe that when you die there will be nothing, then that possibility must exist somewhere in the Universe since you imagined it. The Universe is big enough to fit inside it every imaginable possibility that you and everyone else can ever come up with.

    Saying that there's nothing after death is essentially, to me, saying that you know exactly how big the Universe is and where everything in it is. Basically, it doesn't matter, because whatever you believe is made real somewhere in existence. Better to believe in something that makes you feel good. If the belief in nothing after death makes you feel that way, more power to you. Just try not to step on anyone else's rosy pictures of an afterlife while thinking that you know better, please.

  11. #11
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by .Herbs. View Post
    You can create anything you want to in your imagination - it's the most "Godlike" thing about humans that there is, in the sense that anything at all that you want you can instantly have - in your imagination.
    Well unfortunately you are conflating this universe with the multiverse theory.

    Imagination is not indicative of possibility. It's a concept, not a reality.
    ===============================

    Quote Originally Posted by .Herbs. View Post
    Saying that there's nothing after death is essentially, to me, saying that you know exactly how big the Universe is and where everything in it is. Basically, it doesn't matter, because whatever you believe is made real somewhere in existence. Better to believe in something that makes you feel good. If the belief in nothing after death makes you feel that way, more power to you. Just try not to step on anyone else's rosy pictures of an afterlife while thinking that you know better, please.
    That's just ignorant of why we believe things exist. I Mean how do you know there isn't a blind hippo at the bottom of the ocean creating stars with his nostrils? You don't!
    >We don't believe in things that have no evidence. That's why.


    Quote Originally Posted by .Herbs. View Post
    Better to believe in something that makes you feel good. If the belief in nothing after death makes you feel that way, more power to you. Just try not to step on anyone else's rosy pictures of an afterlife while thinking that you know better, please.
    This is essentially every religious argument ever in the end. "It makes me feel good".

    Great. It's also a belief not based on reality that will eventually get skewed into manipulating people like you, you stupid fuck.

    Using a crutch is fine, until you can walk. Using it indefinitely is not knowing what the crutch is for.


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

    .Herbs. (04-29-2015)

  13. #12
    .Herbs.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    20
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    Well unfortunately you are conflating this universe with the multiverse theory.

    Imagination is not indicative of possibility. It's a concept, not a reality.
    ===============================



    That's just ignorant of why we believe things exist. I Mean how do you know there isn't a blind hippo at the bottom of the ocean creating stars with his nostrils? You don't!
    >We don't believe in things that have no evidence. That's why.




    This is essentially every religious argument ever in the end. "It makes me feel good".

    Great. It's also a belief not based on reality that will eventually get skewed into manipulating people like you, you stupid fuck.

    Using a crutch is fine, until you can walk. Using it indefinitely is not knowing what the crutch is for.


    Imagination creates reality, so I disagree. Everything in the modern world must have first been imagined for it to be here. If you imagine a blind hippo at the bottom of the ocean, then it must exist somewhere in the Universe.

    A belief about something is only as real as the amount of attention you give that belief. You can make anything you imagine real, so why not spend that energy on something that feels good? It doesn't matter if no one else believes in your reality, because it's yours. No one can manipulate you when you are consciously choosing what you believe and those beliefs are only bringing you joy. Cue the people who are steadfast about beliving that the Bible is an accurate depiction of history just as an example. If that blind hippo of theirs brings them joy and they don't push that hippo into people, who cares?

    There is no difference between a strong crutch used indefinitely and a leg, except the crutch can be changed when you get tired of it. Being able to entertain the possibilitity of anything being true is what the imagination allows us to do. Thinking that we as humans can interpret one true reality is ignorant. Everyone lives in their own world anyway regardless, so does it really matter as long as our beliefs aren't hurting others?

    Athiesm is just another word for closed mindedness and thinking that you know how the Universe works, which is something infinitely bigger than you are. Seems kind of ignorant to me. In such a big place there is plenty of room for absolutely anything to be true. Anything at all

  14. #13
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by .Herbs. View Post
    Imagination creates reality, so I disagree. Everything in the modern world must have first been imagined for it to be here. If you imagine a blind hippo at the bottom of the ocean, then it must exist somewhere in the Universe.
    You are now misplacing "imagination" with "invention". So yeah, you're wrong again.

    Quote Originally Posted by .Herbs. View Post
    A belief about something is only as real as the amount of attention you give that belief. You can make anything you imagine real, so why not spend that energy on something that feels good? It doesn't matter if no one else believes in your reality, because it's yours. No one can manipulate you when you are consciously choosing what you believe and those beliefs are only bringing you joy. Cue the people who are steadfast about beliving that the Bible is an accurate depiction of history just as an example. If that blind hippo of theirs brings them joy and they don't push that hippo into people, who cares?
    Not in objective reality. Yes you can have delusions. Moving on.

    Quote Originally Posted by .Herbs. View Post
    There is no difference between a strong crutch used indefinitely and a leg, except the crutch can be changed when you get tired of it. Being able to entertain the possibilitity of anything being true is what the imagination allows us to do. Thinking that we as humans can interpret one true reality is ignorant. Everyone lives in their own world anyway regardless, so does it really matter as long as our beliefs aren't hurting others?
    The beliefs are hurting others and this system of "let anyone believe whatever woo-woo they want" has caused and is causing an intelligent deficit in the youth of America as opposed to the rest of the world.

    A crutch is meant to be taken off. That's the point of the metaphor. Not that you can "ease the pain by switching to another religion".

    Derp.

    Quote Originally Posted by .Herbs. View Post
    Athiesm is just another word for closed mindedness and thinking that you know how the Universe works, which is something infinitely bigger than you are. Seems kind of ignorant to me. In such a big place there is plenty of room for absolutely anything to be true. Anything at all
    Of course it seems ignorant to you, you made up a definition then said it was stupid.(strawman).


    It's not that there cannot be a god, but that we have no reason to believe there is one.


    Idiot.
    Last edited by Empire; 04-30-2015 at 05:39 PM.


  15. #14
    Confluency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    975
    Reputation
    59
    Thanks
    181
    My Mood
    Amused
    What are you basing your assumption that Atheists are more depressed on? Most studies I've saw have shown otherwise.
    Last edited by Confluency; 04-30-2015 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Proper grammar.

  16. #15
    .Herbs.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    20
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Invention would not be possible without imagination. I am basing my assumption that Athiests are more depressed on the fact that they limit themselves by their own beliefs to what is possible, and often feel the need to degrade others or otherwise state that they are somehow more superior than those who do not share their viewpoints.

    To the experiencer, what someone else would call delusion IS reality. Consciousness is the only reality. We are incapable of seeing other than the contents of our own consciousness. By this logic you can say that people hate others for the evil that they keep inside themselves. It is only what you focus on that you make real. Life is a delusion that you control.

    If not beliving in God or a higher power makes you feel good then your belief serves a logical purpose. The fact that you are able to bring about your own reality using your imagination should be proof enough that you yourself have the power of God.

    The word Jesus in many translations essentially means I AM. If you delude yourself into thinking that you are the person you want to be, or you that you already have what you desire, then you have achieved your goal without effort and the physcial manifestation must be imminent. This is what I believe the Bible is all about.

    Open your mind and get rid of those limiting beliefs that hold you back. Create your own reality, embrace the possibilities, delude yourself and be happy and successful.

    “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 06:35 AM
  2. [WTS] 1# Origin Store| Every game you ever wished to have| Cheap|
    By lidor312 in forum Selling Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 11:41 AM
  3. [WTS] Origin account shop by Lidor312|Any game you ever wished to had|Cheap
    By lidor312 in forum Selling Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 11:40 AM
  4. Don't like lag? Well, this could help you!.
    By William20 in forum DayZ Mod & Standalone Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 01:32 PM
  5. YOU WISH YOU COULD D2P LIKE ME
    By BACKUP_Disturbed in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 02:38 PM