View Poll Results: Who thinks religion is a bad thing?

Voters
52. This poll is closed
  • I do

    28 53.85%
  • I don't

    24 46.15%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 94
  1. #1
    schim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My chair
    Posts
    367
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    114
    My Mood
    Twisted

    Religion is bad?!

    Who thinks religion is a BAD thing?
    I know I do, religion is a way to manipulate people and earn power/money.

  2. #2
    -Lame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    6,783
    Reputation
    263
    Thanks
    658
    My Mood
    Cynical
    With all do respect,

    YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID.

  3. #3
    Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    12,652
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    You fed the troll.

  4. #4
    schim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My chair
    Posts
    367
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    114
    My Mood
    Twisted
    @demo-dash why?

  5. #5
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Religion is delicious if you know how to cook it right. Goes great with a side of wild rice.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 05-22-2010 at 09:27 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  6. #6
    Maddoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada. (That's right. You know it)
    Posts
    524
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Lonely
    @Paroxysm

    /Epic Agree

    @demo-dash

    and your einstein. your opinion is just as good as his.

  7. #7
    reaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Deep South
    Posts
    5,249
    Reputation
    58
    Thanks
    1,077
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I think it has been extremely BAD for the evolution of our human race.

    Also GOOD as it does bring communities together and gives weak people something to believe in

  8. #8
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by th3reaper View Post
    I think it has been extremely BAD for the evolution of our human race.
    Well considering that we're still here I'd say the opposite, while religion itself maybe detrimental to a modern society, the cognitive biases that allowed religious belief to flourish have ensured the existence of the human species and has been beneficial in our evolution past. I'd go into detail but alas I'm leaving to church (not of my own volition), feel free to PM me if you want me to explain the3reaper.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  9. #9
    schim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My chair
    Posts
    367
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    114
    My Mood
    Twisted
    @th3reaper I agree with you, but your 2nd argument (the one in favor of Religion) isn't really true, if there wasn't religion humans would still flock together it's in our verry nature to be together

    @Paroxysm Why did religious belief ensure the existence of the human species, please explain I see no reason why we couldn't exist without belief

  10. #10
    -Lame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    6,783
    Reputation
    263
    Thanks
    658
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by schim View Post
    @demo-dash why?
    Because it is just stupid,

    90% of earth population belive in religion and God and you say it is bad lol.

  11. #11
    schim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My chair
    Posts
    367
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    114
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by demo-dash View Post


    Because it is just stupid,

    90% of earth population belive in religion and God and you say it is bad lol.
    Yea but large numbers do not change facts, some years ago 70% of the population in my country was smoking cigarettes, that doesn't make smoking cigarettes a good thing though. And then we aren't even talking about the reason why so many people believe

  12. #12
    ximberto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    74
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by demo-dash View Post
    With all do respect,

    YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID.
    Allah or w.e that retard is named won't help you in here boy

  13. #13
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by schim View Post
    Who thinks religion is a BAD thing?
    I know I do, religion is a way to manipulate people and earn power/money.
    You can manipulate people in much easier and efficient ways than religion and simply because you can manipulate someone through it doesn't make it a bad thing either.

    So many people don't believe? Meh, thats not really an argument either.


  14. #14
    schim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My chair
    Posts
    367
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    114
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    You can manipulate people in much easier and efficient ways than religion and simply because you can manipulate someone through it doesn't make it a bad thing either.

    So many people don't believe? Meh, thats not really an argument either.
    I've never said that so many people don't believe prove that religion is bad.
    Also what are those more easy ways of manipulating people? Are you pointing at mass media? And lastly you state that religion isn't bad just because you CAN manipulate, I say Religion is bad because people DO manipulate, it already happens.
    Last edited by schim; 05-24-2010 at 11:40 AM.

  15. #15
    -Lame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    6,783
    Reputation
    263
    Thanks
    658
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by ximberto View Post
    Allah or w.e that retard is named won't help you in here boy
    Shut the fuck up nigger home boi,

    ALLAH = GOD

    when you ppl will learn

    go eat a religion book or something.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. what it's like to have religion class
    By ace76543 in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 05:16 PM
  2. I feel so Bad today.
    By sf0d in forum General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 07:02 PM
  3. LOL ok my bad hacks"
    By CrUsHa in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-21-2006, 10:01 PM
  4. I need Hax for KnightOnline Bad!
    By Haxer in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-04-2006, 06:33 AM
  5. Bad Bypass
    By iwillkillyou in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 07:19 PM