Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 119
  1. #76
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiblegaming View Post
    Forgot to mention EMPIRE's holy book is the Law book of the United states. it gets changed regularly, you dont need to worship the one who created you, and better yet its the guidance to hell lets all agree we wont see EMPIRE in heaven now
    1. As mentioned, ideally religion should be seperated from politics and the such (although religion still plays an important role in the US, it doesn't equal "the law")
    2. It gets changed because time changes. Not everything we know now was known back then and as such things might have been misinterpreted.
    3. No changes to the Bible in any way affect who you worship.
    4. Believing in heaven and hell and how to get there varies from religion to religion, don't mix Islam with Christianity.

  2. #77
    Libernet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    227
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    8
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    well,youtbe delete this video
    so go to my video - gta israel and watch 0:25-0:28

  3. #78
    Visiblegaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    790
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    30
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    1. As mentioned, ideally religion should be seperated from politics and the such (although religion still plays an important role in the US, it doesn't equal "the law")
    2. It gets changed because time changes. Not everything we know now was known back then and as such things might have been misinterpreted.
    3. No changes to the Bible in any way affect who you worship.
    4. Believing in heaven and hell and how to get there varies from religion to religion, don't mix Islam with Christianity.
    Islam and [Old] Christianity, where 100% alike, so if we read codex sinaiticus the oldest bible it tells us nothing about Jesus being killed on a cross, and tells us NOTHING about the trinity, infact the trinity wasn't invented that long ago.

    The change in the bible does effect who you worship, once again, codex sinaiticus doesn't tell us about "a spirit, a human and god"..

    So, when Jesus "died" for 2 days, where there 2 gods = 1 god? instead of 3 gods= 1 god, because 1 of the gods died...so the trinity couldn't be 3 in 1.

    I'm looking forward to getting a religious scholarship in the near future hopefully. [May the jealousy begin!]@EMPIRE

  4. #79
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiblegaming View Post
    Islam and [Old] Christianity, where 100% alike, so if we read codex sinaiticus the oldest bible it tells us nothing about Jesus being killed on a cross, and tells us NOTHING about the trinity, infact the trinity wasn't invented that long ago.

    The change in the bible does effect who you worship, once again, codex sinaiticus doesn't tell us about "a spirit, a human and god"..

    So, when Jesus "died" for 2 days, where there 2 gods = 1 god? instead of 3 gods= 1 god, because 1 of the gods died...so the trinity couldn't be 3 in 1.

    I'm looking forward to getting a religious scholarship in the near future hopefully. [May the jealousy begin!]@EMPIRE
    First off your so called oldest bible in the world is a bunch of bull.
    Secondly, stop bringing up the trinity,
    you're very repetitive and even after I explained it multiple times,
    you continue to be completely ignorant.

    Also, you keep saying you're leaving this section,
    yet you're still here,
    which basically makes you a liar,
    and nothing you say should be taken seriously.

  5. #80
    Casavir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Athens,Greece
    Posts
    1,261
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    168
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    I've explained many times what's up with 'non-edited' christianity
    some of those posts got deleted.but I think you've read them visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

    50% Spartan,50% Macedonian.100% Greek

  6. #81
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiblegaming View Post
    Islam and [Old] Christianity, where 100% alike, so if we read codex sinaiticus the oldest bible it tells us nothing about Jesus being killed on a cross, and tells us NOTHING about the trinity, infact the trinity wasn't invented that long ago.

    The change in the bible does effect who you worship, once again, codex sinaiticus doesn't tell us about "a spirit, a human and god"..

    So, when Jesus "died" for 2 days, where there 2 gods = 1 god? instead of 3 gods= 1 god, because 1 of the gods died...so the trinity couldn't be 3 in 1.

    I'm looking forward to getting a religious scholarship in the near future hopefully. [May the jealousy begin!]@EMPIRE
    Islam and your "Old Christianity" were never 100% alike. Ever.

    If by "oldest Bible" you mean the Old Testament, the Trinity was already being "created" but was not exactly defined, if I'm not mistaken (I'm not religious).

    It doesn't affect who we worship since, if I'm not mistaken, the "multiplicity" of God is already mentioned in the Old Testament.

    Good for you, but my scholarship based on my achievements in natural sciences bring about 200+€/month at 17 years of age and gets higher every year Not to mention all the free tuition I get if I want to prepare for the Olympiads. Nice not having religion in your studies, isn't it?

  7. #82
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Uhm.......I'm supposed to be jealous of a scholarship that is just handed out to you because your a muslim?
    ----------------------------
    I just assumed it was because of that since you don't know anything about any other religions.


  8. #83
    Visiblegaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    790
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    30
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Uhm.......I'm supposed to be jealous of a scholarship that is just handed out to you because your a muslim?
    ----------------------------
    I just assumed it was because of that since you don't know anything about any other religions.
    love how the jealousy started already and no. the scholarship is for R:E "religious education"/ and its to do with Bible, Torah, Quran. But the one i struggled most with was the Bible because most Christians have different ideas on the trinity...

    [Q] is god 3 in 1, or 1 in 3 ? ______________(A ****** I took around the UK asking Priests and pastors, and the results was remarkable).

    [A] if you chose 3 in 1 doesn't that make 3 gods in 1 god?..

    [A] if you chose 1 in 3, doesn't that contradict the trinity of "3" gods, the spirit, the human and the father. as the human (Jesus) to the Christian understanding died for 2 days, making it 1 in 2, so the trinity didn't exist for 2 days?

    The matter of fact is, Jesus did not die in codex sinaiticus, but dies in King James version ect. Codex sinaiticus is more reliable because of the fact its dated back to the 4Th century!

    Older versions of the bible-Mark end at CH8
    Newer versions now end at bible-Mark end at CH20

    so 12 chapters added, talking about Jesus's death and crucifixion. which Muslims deny.

  9. #84
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    So basically the handed you a scholarship because you are a muslim.

    Congrats.


  10. #85
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiblegaming View Post
    love how the jealousy started already and no. the scholarship is for R:E "religious education"/ and its to do with Bible, Torah, Quran. But the one i struggled most with was the Bible because most Christians have different ideas on the trinity...

    [Q] is god 3 in 1, or 1 in 3 ? ______________(A ****** I took around the UK asking Priests and pastors, and the results was remarkable).

    [A] if you chose 3 in 1 doesn't that make 3 gods in 1 god?..

    [A] if you chose 1 in 3, doesn't that contradict the trinity of "3" gods, the spirit, the human and the father. as the human (Jesus) to the Christian understanding died for 2 days, making it 1 in 2, so the trinity didn't exist for 2 days?

    The matter of fact is, Jesus did not die in codex sinaiticus, but dies in King James version ect. Codex sinaiticus is more reliable because of the fact its dated back to the 4Th century!

    Older versions of the bible-Mark end at CH8
    Newer versions now end at bible-Mark end at CH20

    so 12 chapters added, talking about Jesus's death and crucifixion. which Muslims deny.

    Sigh..Again and again and again..you keep acting like you know.
    Now you're going to make me explain things in great detail.
    First off..this religious education you talk of..it's called Theology.
    I already have a year under my belt. With honors. I'm in my second year.

    Now, Let us talk about this Codex. This mysterious Codex that is so old,
    Yet didn't start getting popular around the internet until last year.

    While there are over 5000 known New Testament manuscripts, attention has been placed on less than ten. Of these, Codex Sinaiticus and Codex Vaticanus have been exalted as the “oldest and best” manuscripts. The oldest claim has been disproved elsewhere. This post will focus on the nature of these two favored manuscripts. Sinaiticus has been recently made available to all on the internet by the Codex Sinaiticus Project, with the mainstream media and general Christians fawning over this “world's oldest Bible.” This manuscript, in conjunction with Codex Vaticanus, form the basis for most modern Bible translations. However, these two manuscripts differ substantially from the text of the bulk of the manuscripts. Thus, the public needs to know the truth about these manuscripts.

    Contrary to what has been taught in most seminaries, these two manuscripts are worthless, and hopelessly corrupt. Dean John Burgon, a highly respected Bible scholar of the mid to late 1800's, wrote of these manuscripts, “The impurity of the Texts exhibited by Codices B and Aleph [Vaticanus and Sinaiticus] is not a matter of opinion but a matter of fact.” These documents are both of dubious origin. It has been speculated by some scholars that one or both were produced by Eusebius of Caesarea on orders of Emperor Constantine. If this is true, then these manuscripts are linked to Eusibus's teacher Origen of Alexandria, both known for interpreting Scripture allegorically as opposed to literally. Scholars have designated these manuscripts as Alexandrian, linking them with Alexandria, Egypt, the region responsible for early heresies such as Gnosticism and Arianism. Both are dated in the mid to late fourth century.

    Vaticanus is the sole property of the Vatican; it has been a part of the Vatican library since at least 1475. It's history previous is unknown. It was written by three scribes, and has been corrected by at least two more. Vaticanus adds to the Old Testament the apocryphal books of Baruch, Wisdom, Ecclesiasticus, Judith, Tobit, and the Epistle of Jeremiah. Dean Burgon describes the poor workmanship of Vaticanus:

    Codex B [Vaticanus] comes to us without a history: without recommendation of any kind, except that of its antiquity. It bears traces of careless transcription in every page. The mistakes which the original transcriber made are of perpetual recurrence.

    The New Westminster Dictionary of the Bible concurs, “It should be noted, however, that there is no prominent Biblical MS. in which there occur such gross cases of misspelling, faulty grammar, and omission, as in B [Vaticanus].” Vaticanus omits Mark 16:9-20, yet there is a significant blank space here for these verses. Sinaiticus also lacks these verses, but has a blank space for them. These two manuscripts are the only Greek manuscripts that omit these verses!

    The Sinaiticus was discovered by Constantine Tischendorf in the Greek Orthodox Monastery of St. Catherine, on the Sinai peninsula. Monasteries are known for exceptional libraries, and scholars would often visit to conduct research. St. Catherine's is no exception. From the monastery's website:

    This monastery has a library full of old manuscripts. One would then assume that Tischendorf found the prized Sinaiticus one a library shelf, hidden among other manuscripts. Well, this is not exactly the case. He found it in a trash can, waiting to be burnt! Sound incredible? Tischendorf gives his personal testimony:

    "It was at the foot of Mount Sinai, in the Convent of St. Catherine, that I discovered the pearl of all my researches. In visiting the library of the monastery, in the month of May, 1844, I perceived in the middle of the great hall a large and wide basket full of old parchments; and the librarian, who was a man of information, told me that two heaps of papers like these, mouldered by time, had been already committed to the flames. What was my surprise to find amid this heap of papers a considerable number of sheets of a copy of the Old Testament in Greek, which seemed to me to be one of the most ancient that I had ever seen."

    Why would the monks of St. Catherine's thrown out such a valuable manuscript? Perhaps because of it's low quality transcription and it's “heavily corrected text.” Concerning it's sloppy penmanship, Burgon writes, “On many occasions, 10, 20, 30, 40 words are dropped through very carelessness.” His colleague, Frederick H. Scrivener, goes into detail:

    "Letters and words, even whole sentences, are frequently written twice over, or begun and immediately canceled: while that gross blunder technically known as Homoeoteleuton...whereby a clause is omitted because it happens to end in the same words as the clause preceding, occurs no less than 115 times in the New Testament...Tregelles has freely pronounced that “the state of the text, as proceeding from the first scribe, may be regarded as very rough.”


    (Now, if you don't feel like reading all that Visible, long story short:The Codex was found in a trashcan and belongs in a trashcan. You need to wake up man..God already warned about all of this. The fact that these so called "Oldest Bible documents" Are getting so much attention, is because the people that run this world are SATANISTS. Their main goal is to discredit God, and to give souls to their own piece of filth deceiver they THINK is God.
    Christianity has been increasingly attacked over the last 50 years, and it is only a matter of time before your own beliefs will be attacked on a global scale, it is already happening, as most people link the word "Terrorist" and "Muslim" as if they are the same. Maybe you won't wake up until you aren't able to freely worship anymore, that you could face death if you don't conform to their ideology.)
    Last edited by Ethereal; 11-03-2010 at 05:59 PM.

  11. #86
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Oh visible, the answer to your question is:

    -depends on your beliefs.

    But the question is basically asking "is trinity belief of christians true??", because its a trick question on the answers, no matter what you pick, the answer is just "The trinity belief is true."

    3 in 1 and 1 in 3 aren't beliefs held by christians either way.

    They believe that the holy spirit, Jesus, and God are all part of the same being, yet at the same time, distinctly different. It would be most like 3 in 1, but it isn't quite that.

    If you ask someone and get an answer, you can criticize it all you want, but the problem is that its their belief and it isn't just "wrong" for having it when it doesn't harm another person.
    --------------------------------
    Oh, by the way, you might be too stupid to understand this, but during translation and such, they make the bible's chapter numbers different so it becomes easier to read in the next language. The number of chapters really doesn't matter, since they just expanded them so it was easier for reference.

    Here is an example: Harry potter.

    Harry potter is all one story, yet separated into different books for easier reading.


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Ethereal (11-03-2010)

  13. #87
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Oh visible, the answer to your question is:

    -depends on your beliefs.

    But the question is basically asking "is trinity belief of christians true??", because its a trick question on the answers, no matter what you pick, the answer is just "The trinity belief is true."

    3 in 1 and 1 in 3 aren't beliefs held by christians either way.

    They believe that the holy spirit, Jesus, and God are all part of the same being, yet at the same time, distinctly different. It would be most like 3 in 1, but it isn't quite that.

    If you ask someone and get an answer, you can criticize it all you want, but the problem is that its their belief and it isn't just "wrong" for having it when it doesn't harm another person.
    --------------------------------
    Oh, by the way, you might be too stupid to understand this, but during translation and such, they make the bible's chapter numbers different so it becomes easier to read in the next language. The number of chapters really doesn't matter, since they just expanded them so it was easier for reference.

    Here is an example: Harry potter.

    Harry potter is all one story, yet separated into different books for easier reading.
    Exactly Empire..I was going to add about the Trinity in there but my post was already becoming a chapter.

    It's like you just said, and as I explained before..
    The trinity isn't 3 different entities, they are all part of God.
    and also..like I tried saying about the "Son of God" talk..
    well in Genesis, the Angels were referred to as "Sons of God"
    Since they are GOD'S CREATION.

    Everything starts from one.

    It wasn't like God strolled around impregnating Goddesses.
    First of all because Goddesses don't exist..
    second of all..do you really think the creator of the world even needs to procreate in the likeness of a human? Sheesh.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 11-03-2010 at 11:38 PM.

  14. #88
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Exactly Empire..I was going to add about the Trinity in there but my post was already becoming a chapter.

    It's like you just said, and as I explained before..
    The trinity isn't 3 different entities, they are all part of God.
    and also..like I tried saying about the "Son of God" talk..
    well in Genesis, the Angels were referred to as "Sons of God"
    Since they are GOD'S CREATION.

    Everything starts from one.

    It wasn't like God strolled around impregnating Goddesses.
    First of all because Goddesses don't exist..
    second of all..do you really think the creator of the world even needs to procreate in the likeness of a human? Sheesh.
    Any god worth worshiping would wanna procreate.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  15. #89
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I can't remember if the norse gods did that.....


  16. #90
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Any god worth worshiping would wanna create.
    Fixed it for ya.

    Keep in mind that even though you do not believe
    there may come a day when you do choose to.
    Saying things like this can be regretful.
    I'm only speaking from experience.
    I've done some pretty bad things in my life,
    but the worst of them would be speaking vainly about God.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 11-04-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Info] Life As Being A Dexless Assassin
    By Straight in forum MapleStory Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 05:18 PM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 03:00 AM
  3. Save a life. Look at this Thread
    By Zhellbound in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 11:50 AM
  4. Looking for a good Lisp compiler
    By Zededarian in forum Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 07:19 PM
  5. Looking for hacks
    By Worcha in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 04:21 PM