Thread: [SBUH#2] Art

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
  1. #1
    TheBrightnezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    much
    Posts
    538
    Reputation
    3
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Inspired

    [SBUH#2] Art

    Well in this next installment we are gonna talk about something I actually find fascinating.


    The drawing of muhammed.


    Say you have an artist. This guy is great, he's like the next Da Vinci, he's also a true muslim. He follows allah with all his heart.


    Would you let this guy paint a picture of Muhammed?
    -------------
    Your response isn't really important, since its a rhetorical question.
    -------------

    There have been no drawings of Muhammed to date, outside of the political cartoons and southpark that ended up getting the artist death threats.


    So that raises the real question,


    Do you really want the only drawings of muhammed to show him as a terrorist?

  2. #2
    Visiblegaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    790
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    30
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrightnezz View Post
    Well in this next installment we are gonna talk about something I actually find fascinating.


    The drawing of muhammed.


    Say you have an artist. This guy is great, he's like the next Da Vinci, he's also a true muslim. He follows allah with all his heart.


    Would you let this guy paint a picture of Muhammed?
    -------------
    Your response isn't really important, since its a rhetorical question.
    -------------

    There have been no drawings of Muhammed to date, outside of the political cartoons and southpark that ended up getting the artist death threats.


    So that raises the real question,


    Do you really want the only drawings of muhammed to show him as a terrorist?
    Its blasphemy to draw mohammed, Jesus, any prophet. Especially drawing God.

    Even drawing people is Harram because of the fact is mimicking gods creation of human instead your doing it on paper.

    Im 100% against it.

    Weather its him as a king or a terrorist. NO.

  3. #3
    TheBrightnezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    much
    Posts
    538
    Reputation
    3
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Its blasphemy how? In what way is drawing a portrait of muhammed blasphemy? Did God specifically say: Do not make art involving people?

  4. #4
    Casavir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Athens,Greece
    Posts
    1,261
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    168
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    It's not blasphemy to paint jesus,at least not from the 'council like meetings' they made till 787'.
    Don't know if the fags at Vatican changed anything,but Jesus has the same face and body at all the paintings made by artists,at least the actual ones.
    Just like the saints.
    As for Muslims,it is blasphemy,and it's respected since their holy text(I think)says so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

    50% Spartan,50% Macedonian.100% Greek

  5. #5
    Visiblegaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    790
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    30
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Casavir View Post
    It's not blasphemy to paint jesus,at least not from the 'council like meetings' they made till 787'.
    Don't know if the fags at Vatican changed anything,but Jesus has the same face and body at all the paintings made by artists,at least the actual ones.
    Just like the saints.
    As for Muslims,it is blasphemy,and it's respected since their holy text(I think)says so.
    This is a answer from Sheikh Sami el Majid:

    "Drawing an image with all the essential parts for life - such as the chest area, the abdomen, the head - will surely be prohibited even if the person does not intend to draw someone specific and just something from his imagination. The prohibition will be there as long as the drawing looks like a living creature, whether human or animal. This is unlawful. This is the emulation of Allah’s creation. It was mentioned in an authentic hadth that Allah said: “Who is more of an oppressor than the one who aspires to create as I create.”


    "The most severely punished of people on the Day of Resurrection will be those who try to make the like of Allah's creation." (Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim)

    Drawing pictures by hand of people and animals is unlawful. This is indicated by clear and unambiguous textual evidence. Ibn `Abbs relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever makes an image in this world, he will be requested to breathe life into it on the Day of Resurrection, but he will not be able to do it.” [Sahh al-Bukhr and Sahh Mulsim]

    Hope this helped the troll..[thebrightenzz]

  6. #6
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    So if Visible's text is reliable, and this whole conversation is on the way i think it is.

    Does that mean, Muslims can't draw real life things?

    I mean wow, is this really true? You don't have art class, you can't even draw a bird?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm not one for conspiracy, but keeping a huge amount of people from doing creative things, that doesn't sound like something Allah would do. :/


  7. #7
    Visiblegaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    790
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    30
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    So if Visible's text is reliable, and this whole conversation is on the way i think it is.

    Does that mean, Muslims can't draw real life things?

    I mean wow, is this really true? You don't have art class, you can't even draw a bird?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm not one for conspiracy, but keeping a huge amount of people from doing creative things, that doesn't sound like something Allah would do. :/
    Wow your mind is tighter then a ..."()"...seriously, READ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! READ!, [Translation in retarded state] Drawing a freaking living creature is like trieng to redo what god designed on earth! its as if your trieng to also create life! We can draw patterns, e.g the patterns on a mosque mosaic patters are FAMOUS world wide, but there nothing to do with drawing creatures.

  8. #8
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiblegaming View Post
    Wow your mind is tighter then a ..."()"...seriously, READ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! READ!, [Translation in retarded state] Drawing a freaking living creature is like trieng to redo what god designed on earth! its as if your trieng to also create life! We can draw patterns, e.g the patterns on a mosque mosaic patters are FAMOUS world wide, but there nothing to do with drawing creatures.
    Yeah except it isn't

    Drawing a picture isn't trying to recreate life in any way or shape.

    :/ its like you guys just love oppression.


  9. #9
    Visiblegaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    790
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    30
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Yeah except it isn't

    Drawing a picture isn't trying to recreate life in any way or shape.

    :/ its like you guys just love oppression.
    Hahaha, we love oppression ok kid, sorry that we love god too much, from now on ill start trieng to impress you...

  10. #10
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive


    BLASPHEMY, Yeah, that is some REALLY bad stuff.


  11. #11
    hbk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My HQ i.e. Trademark Inc., Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Reputation
    7
    Thanks
    128
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiblegaming View Post
    Its blasphemy to draw mohammed, Jesus, any prophet. Especially drawing God.

    Even drawing people is Harram because of the fact is mimicking gods creation of human instead your doing it on paper.

    Im 100% against it.

    Weather its him as a king or a terrorist. NO.
    i see that you are really close minded and i totally disagree with you on this part. wouldn't God be pleased with us humans trying to be creative? rather than being jealous and angry? moreover, without drawings and sketches, buildings, tools, machines, anything man made would not be possible.
    Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us at a Moment of Our Choosing


    Join the HeartBreak ARMY: http://www.mpgh.net/forum/groups/heart_break_army.html



    I'm a Muslim, What are You?
    Trademark Inc.

  12. #12
    Casavir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Athens,Greece
    Posts
    1,261
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    168
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    well if it comes to portraiting God or prophets,and your religion says it wrong I respect it.Mine doesn't,ok,but I'd rather not insult you by painting your prophet myself
    Unlike other people here(guess who),different opinions and dogma's are well respected,as there are people who believe them and live by them.
    as long as you don't translate something with changing it's meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

    50% Spartan,50% Macedonian.100% Greek

  13. #13
    Visiblegaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    790
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    30
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by hbk View Post
    i see that you are really close minded and i totally disagree with you on this part. wouldn't God be pleased with us humans trying to be creative? rather than being jealous and angry? moreover, without drawings and sketches, buildings, tools, machines, anything man made would not be possible.
    God no...please do not tell me your Muslim.

    1st - you attack Hindus.
    2nd - you go against an Islamic law with dumb answers.

    "NOT ALOUD TO DRAW LIVING THINGS!"

    you draw a freaking tower or sketch of a tower Just not living things, being creative is doing something different, how in the world is drawing a living thing creative when its being done world wide?

  14. #14
    Casavir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Athens,Greece
    Posts
    1,261
    Reputation
    23
    Thanks
    168
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiblegaming View Post
    God no...please do not tell me your Muslim.

    1st - you attack Hindus.
    2nd - you go against an Islamic law with dumb answers.

    "NOT ALOUD TO DRAW LIVING THINGS!"

    you draw a freaking tower or sketch of a tower Just not living things, being creative is doing something different, how in the world is drawing a living thing creative when its being done world wide?
    I really have no idea,so I want to ask:so Islam doesn't accept artists that paint living things?I thought it was just for painting the prophet or God :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Armalite42 View Post
    I am the sperm that won
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    whoever made this thread... you just got owned by Casavir...
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

    50% Spartan,50% Macedonian.100% Greek

  15. #15
    Visiblegaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    790
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    30
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Casavir View Post
    I really have no idea,so I want to ask:so Islam doesn't accept artists that paint living things?I thought it was just for painting the prophet or God :S
    Drawing prophets or God is Blasphemy at its highest, [apart from shirk].

    And drawing living things which include beings such as our self or animals, then its obscene because No matter what your excuse or what your intending to do, its as if trieng to create life on paper, but can't bring it to life. which subconsciously you try putting your self in Gods position.

    e.g Drawing people, some may add 4 arms as a joke but in the end its like saying God did a mistake with 2 arms. Hard to explain its about reading between the lines.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. holy shit (paint art WOW this dude is crazy 2hr.)
    By Gourav2122 in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 03:47 AM
  2. art money
    By Gourav2122 in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 05:03 PM
  3. Ascii Art
    By -[standoff]- in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 04:08 AM
  4. Fighting/Martial Arts/Flipping Vid Thread
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 01:24 PM
  5. Martial Arts ►
    By Kyojiro in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 03:44 AM