Thread: Islam-Weed...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 161
  1. #106
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Y SO BANNED?
    That made me laugh.

  2. #107
    dw3fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    WESTSIDE bitches
    Posts
    2,822
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    198
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    dw3fan I'm reluctant to call you an idiot because you could just be a 14 year old. As a person who has smoked cannabis for extended periods of time I can attest to the fact that it is not a gateway drug nor detrimental to one's grades. Drug use will only cause you to perform poorly in school if you are already predisposed to being shitty at learning.
    um im 16 ive smoked and drank i know what its like and it harms your body. Thats why they are called "drugs" they change your health... I have seen really smart kids go from 3.8 to 2.0 due to drugs and its scientifically proven to be bad has many effects on you. Smoking is bad for your lungs and kills you at a younger age. It is a gateway to other drugs scientifically prove again google it
    https://soundcloud.com/pnastybeats
    Subscribe + Rate!

  3. #108
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3fan View Post
    um im 16 ive smoked and drank i know what its like and it harms your body. Thats why they are called "drugs" they change your health... I have seen really smart kids go from 3.8 to 2.0 due to drugs and its scientifically proven to be bad has many effects on you. Smoking is bad for your lungs and kills you at a younger age. It is a gateway to other drugs scientifically prove again google it
    Considering you're 16 I have doubts that you have done any extensive research into the matter. I regret to inform you that cannabis is by no means a gateway drug it's the slippery-slope fallacy and nothing more. Smoking cannabis is a healthier alternative to both smoking and drinking so unless you want to argue that those should also be made illegal and put people in jail for use then you really have no argument.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  4. #109
    dw3fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    WESTSIDE bitches
    Posts
    2,822
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    198
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Considering you're 16 I have doubts that you have done any extensive research into the matter. I regret to inform you that cannabis is by no means a gateway drug it's the slippery-slope fallacy and nothing more. Smoking cannabis is a healthier alternative to both smoking and drinking so unless you want to argue that those should also be made illegal and put people in jail for use then you really have no argument.
    I would rather listen to scientists than you ok? its bad for you you cant say otherwise..... It wouldnt be called a drug and be illegal and shit so you have no argument more scientist agree that its bad than good. Smoking weed kills your brain cells it smells like shit and when you take a couple puffs you know u will be fucked in the future.

    http://www.marijuana-addiction.info/...de_Effects.htm

    Marijuana (Cannabis) Information - Effects of Marijuana (Cannabis) - Use of Marijuana (Cannabis)

    http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/cannabis/effects.htm

    need more???

    Short-term effects: Problems with memory and learning

    * Distorted perception
    * Difficulty in thinking and problem solving
    * Loss of coordination
    * Increased heart rate
    * Anxiety
    * Panic attacks
    * Daily cough and phlegm
    * Symptoms of chronic bronchitis
    * More frequent chest colds

    Long-term effects:

    * Abnormal functioning of lung tissue injured or destroyed by marijuana smoke
    * Impairment of critical skills related to attention, memory, and learning
    * Recent findings indicate that smoking marijuana while shooting up cocaine has the potential to cause severe increases in heart rate and blood pressure.

    Marijuana (cannabis) is addicting because it causes compulsive, uncontrollable drug craving, seeking, and use, even in the face of negative health and social consequences. Over 120,000 people enter treatment per year for their primary marijuana addiction. In addition, animal studies suggest marijuana causes physical dependence, and some people report withdrawal symptoms. Children and young teens start using marijuana for many reasons. Curiosity and the desire to fit into a social group are common reasons. Certainly, youngsters who have already begun to smoke cigarettes and/or use alcohol are at high risk for marijuana use.
    https://soundcloud.com/pnastybeats
    Subscribe + Rate!

  5. #110
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3fan View Post
    I would rather listen to scientists than you ok? its bad for you you cant say otherwise..... It wouldnt be called a drug and be illegal and shit so you have no argument more scientist agree that its bad than good. Smoking weed kills your brain cells it smells like shit and when you take a couple puffs you know u will be fucked in the future.

    Marijuana Side Effects

    Marijuana (Cannabis) Information - Effects of Marijuana (Cannabis) - Use of Marijuana (Cannabis)

    http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/cannabis/effects.htm

    need more???

    Short-term effects: Problems with memory and learning

    * Distorted perception
    * Difficulty in thinking and problem solving
    * Loss of coordination
    * Increased heart rate
    * Anxiety
    * Panic attacks
    * Daily cough and phlegm
    * Symptoms of chronic bronchitis
    * More frequent chest colds

    Long-term effects:

    * Abnormal functioning of lung tissue injured or destroyed by marijuana smoke
    * Impairment of critical skills related to attention, memory, and learning
    * Recent findings indicate that smoking marijuana while shooting up cocaine has the potential to cause severe increases in heart rate and blood pressure.

    Marijuana (cannabis) is addicting because it causes compulsive, uncontrollable drug craving, seeking, and use, even in the face of negative health and social consequences. Over 120,000 people enter treatment per year for their primary marijuana addiction. In addition, animal studies suggest marijuana causes physical dependence, and some people report withdrawal symptoms. Children and young teens start using marijuana for many reasons. Curiosity and the desire to fit into a social group are common reasons. Certainly, youngsters who have already begun to smoke cigarettes and/or use alcohol are at high risk for marijuana use.
    Yeah kiddo..
    It's so bad for you, I guess that's why they perscribe medicinal marijuana to people, must be to kill them faster. Seems logical right?
    It's funny how years ago we were taught that weed kills brain cells,
    when in all actuality all it does is temporarily freezes them.

    As far as weed being a gateway drug,
    you really need to understand something here.
    You cannot scientifically prove this as fact.
    Why? Well hmm..let's see.
    Maybe because we are all different?
    Mentally, and physically.
    Assuming that weed is a gateway drug is like saying:
    "All humans are the same,and thus have the same reactions to chemicals"

    My best friend was diagnosed as Bipolar when he was about 11-12 years old.
    For a long time he had to take a daily cocktail of drugs just to keep him balanced. Eventually, those pills stopped working and he started getting extremely unpredictable (usually in a volatile manner)
    Long story short, he replaced the pills with weed, and I can attest to the fact that I don't worry about my friend so much anymore.
    Pot helped him immensley. He used to talk about killing himself and everybody around him on a regular basis. I have not heard him talk like that in years now.

  6. #111
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3fan View Post
    I would rather listen to scientists than you ok? its bad for you you cant say otherwise..... It wouldnt be called a drug and be illegal and shit so you have no argument more scientist agree that its bad than good. Smoking weed kills your brain cells it smells like shit and when you take a couple puffs you know u will be fucked in the future.

    Marijuana Side Effects

    Marijuana (Cannabis) Information - Effects of Marijuana (Cannabis) - Use of Marijuana (Cannabis)

    http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/cannabis/effects.htm

    need more???

    Short-term effects: Problems with memory and learning

    * Distorted perception
    * Difficulty in thinking and problem solving
    * Loss of coordination
    * Increased heart rate
    * Anxiety
    * Panic attacks
    * Daily cough and phlegm
    * Symptoms of chronic bronchitis
    * More frequent chest colds

    Long-term effects:

    * Abnormal functioning of lung tissue injured or destroyed by marijuana smoke
    * Impairment of critical skills related to attention, memory, and learning
    * Recent findings indicate that smoking marijuana while shooting up cocaine has the potential to cause severe increases in heart rate and blood pressure.

    Marijuana (cannabis) is addicting because it causes compulsive, uncontrollable drug craving, seeking, and use, even in the face of negative health and social consequences. Over 120,000 people enter treatment per year for their primary marijuana addiction. In addition, animal studies suggest marijuana causes physical dependence, and some people report withdrawal symptoms. Children and young teens start using marijuana for many reasons. Curiosity and the desire to fit into a social group are common reasons. Certainly, youngsters who have already begun to smoke cigarettes and/or use alcohol are at high risk for marijuana use.

    Let me break this down for you:

    All three sites that you linked are sites that sell drug testing equipment one might think they would be in the business of exaggerating the effects. Of the three sites linked only one bothers to have any sources cited, the sources cited include three meta-analysis' which are laughably inconclusive by their very nature. Only one cited study is scholarly and that is the 1997 "Activation of Corticotropin-Releasing Factor in the Limbic System During Cannabinoid Withdrawal" study which involved dosing rats for 2 weeks with highly potent synthetic cannabinoids. Nothing even close to what a human being would consume.

    Don't pretend to talk like the scientific consensus is backing you up because clearly you don't even bother to study the phenomenon you're trying to attack.

    The harms associated with smoking cannabis are directly linked to consuming the by-products of burning plant matter, the negative effects are not linked to the active ingredients at all and when they are they are negligible effects. All of which can be avoided by consuming edible cannabis products or using a vaporizer.

    The 120,000 people cited going to rehab are predominantly minors who were arrested for possession and in court are given the option of time in prison or rehab and obviously one would pick rehab as apposed to going to a juvenile detention center. The statistic is not at all representative of any drug addiction.


    Any thing can be addictive, whether it's a physical addiction or a psychological addiction. The evidence for a physical addiction to cannabis is scant and when compared to "legal" drugs like alcohol or the nicotine in cigarettes is orders of magnitude less addictive. Psychological addiction has more to do with the individual and not any of the addictive properties of the substance consumed.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 02-05-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  7. #112
    dw3fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    WESTSIDE bitches
    Posts
    2,822
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    198
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Let me break this down for you:

    All three sites that you linked are sites that sell drug testing equipment one might think they would be in the business of exaggerating the effects. Of the three sites linked only one bothers to have any sources cited, the sources cited include three meta-analysis' which are laughably inconclusive by their very nature. Only one cited study is scholarly and that is the 1997 "Activation of Corticotropin-Releasing Factor in the Limbic System During Cannabinoid Withdrawal" study which involved dosing rats for 2 weeks with highly potent synthetic cannabinoids. Nothing even close to what a human being would consume.

    Don't pretend to talk like the scientific consensus is backing you up because clearly you don't even bother to study the phenomenon you're trying to attack.

    The harms associated with smoking cannabis are directly linked to consuming the by-products of burning plant matter, the negative effects are not linked to the active ingredients at all and when they are they are negligible effects. All of which can be avoided by consuming edible cannabis products or using a vaporizer.

    The 120,000 people cited going to rehab are predominantly minors who were arrested for possession and in court are given the option of time in prison or rehab and obviously one would pick rehab as apposed to going to a juvenile detention center. The statistic is not at all representative of any drug addiction.


    Any thing can be addictive, whether it's a physical addiction or a psychological addiction. The evidence for a physical addiction to cannabis is scant and when compared to "legal" drugs like alcohol or the nicotine in cigarettes is orders of magnitude less addictive. Psychological addiction has more to do with the individual and not any of the addictive properties of the substance consumed.
    lol i wonder why these drug help sites exist? burnt plant matter your just trying to come up with bullshit to back yourself up and yes its scientifically proven i can find some more non help sites for you if you want. Marijuana is highly addictive pretty much all drugs are. Honestly I dont care what you say i have my views you have yours we just have to wait and see who lives longer lmao
    https://soundcloud.com/pnastybeats
    Subscribe + Rate!

  8. #113
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3fan View Post
    lol i wonder why these drug help sites exist? burnt plant matter your just trying to come up with bullshit to back yourself up and yes its scientifically proven i can find some more non help sites for you if you want. Marijuana is highly addictive pretty much all drugs are. Honestly I dont care what you say i have my views you have yours we just have to wait and see who lives longer lmao
    I take it back I'm not reluctant to call you an idiot. You are an idiot. A simple minded 16 year old confirmation bias loving idiot.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  9. #114
    dw3fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    WESTSIDE bitches
    Posts
    2,822
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    198
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    I take it back I'm not reluctant to call you an idiot. You are an idiot. A simple minded 16 year old confirmation bias loving idiot.
    haha all you can say is im an idiot 16 year old? how old are you? and if you dont think drugs are bad your an idiot. Im done arguing and wasting my time to someone that keeps calling me an idiot when they have no idea what they are talking about you dont even know me im one of the smartest people at my high school lol keep calling me an idiot till I make more money then you while your a 40 yr old virgin on mpgh well see whos laughing.
    Last edited by dw3fan; 02-05-2011 at 02:40 PM.
    https://soundcloud.com/pnastybeats
    Subscribe + Rate!

  10. #115
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3fan View Post
    haha all you can say is im an idiot 16 year old? how old are you? and if you dont think drugs are bad your an idiot. Im done arguing and wasting my time to someone that keeps calling me an idiot when they have no idea what they are talking about you dont even know me im one of the smartest people at my high school lol keep calling me an idiot till I make more money then you while your a 40 yr old virgin on mpgh well see whos laughing.
    You talk a big game but when it comes to bringing the facts you have nothing. So before you comeback with another nonsensical retort I'd recommend you do a little less copy-paste and a little more time reading.
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 02-05-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  11. #116
    dw3fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    WESTSIDE bitches
    Posts
    2,822
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    198
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    You talk a big game bet when it comes to bringing the facts you have nothing. So before you comeback with another nonsensical retort I'd recommend you do a little less copy-paste and a little more time reading.
    I'm a respectful guy you can live your life thinking drugs aren't bad and shit but ill do otherwise. Why am i bothering to talk about this to you, when all you do is deny it and I dont need to read an article or anything to know its bad because I have done it and witnessed friends turn it to pot heads.
    https://soundcloud.com/pnastybeats
    Subscribe + Rate!

  12. #117
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3fan View Post
    I'm a respectful guy you can live your life thinking drugs aren't bad and shit but ill do otherwise. Why am i bothering to talk about this to you, when all you do is deny it and I dont need to read an article or anything to know its bad because I have done it and witnessed friends turn it to pot heads.
    I never said drugs are good maybe you should lrn2read. The claims that cannabis is more harmful than alcohol or cigarettes are unfounded.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  13. #118
    dw3fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    WESTSIDE bitches
    Posts
    2,822
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    198
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    I never said drugs are good maybe you should lrn2read. The claims that cannabis is more harmful than alcohol or cigarettes are unfounded.
    Im not saying which is worse or which is less worse Im just saying all drugs are bad and so is weed which some people dont think so.
    https://soundcloud.com/pnastybeats
    Subscribe + Rate!

  14. #119
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3fan View Post
    Im not saying which is worse or which is less worse Im just saying all drugs are bad and so is weed which some people dont think so.
    Drugs are not inherently bad. Excess of anything will be detrimental.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  15. #120
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Drugs are not inherently bad. Excess of anything will be detrimental.
    Don't bother with that, i've already tried 100x just to tell them it. Muslims don't get the word "restraint" at all.


Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast