Thread: Islam-Weed...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 161
  1. #121
    dw3fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    WESTSIDE bitches
    Posts
    2,822
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    198
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Don't bother with that, i've already tried 100x just to tell them it. Muslims don't get the word "restraint" at all.
    Not everyone can restrain the addiction of drugs and alcohol you know. I can cause sometimes i drink not all the time but i only smoked once never done it again...
    https://soundcloud.com/pnastybeats
    Subscribe + Rate!

  2. #122
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3fan View Post
    Not everyone can restrain the addiction of drugs and alcohol you know. I can cause sometimes i drink not all the time but i only smoked once never done it again...
    No, thats bullshit. Everyone can, they just don't.

    There is not a single person alive who can't "restrain the addiction of drugs" for themselves.


  3. #123
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Unwilling != Unable.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  4. #124
    dw3fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    WESTSIDE bitches
    Posts
    2,822
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    198
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    No, thats bullshit. Everyone can, they just don't.

    There is not a single person alive who can't "restrain the addiction of drugs" for themselves.
    I agree 100% they can but they dont cause they are weak. Not including the option to do them gives the weak a helping hand. If you dont do em in the first place you wont need to restrain the act of doing it again and again.
    https://soundcloud.com/pnastybeats
    Subscribe + Rate!

  5. #125
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by dw3fan View Post
    I agree 100% they can but they dont cause they are weak. Not including the option to do them gives the weak a helping hand. If you dont do em in the first place you wont need to restrain the act of doing it again and again.
    So your basically saying muslims are that easily tempted, that anything "bad" should just be outright banned?

    :/ Which would explain your non-existent entertainment industry.


  6. #126
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Yeah kiddo..
    It's so bad for you, I guess that's why they perscribe medicinal marijuana to people, must be to kill them faster. Seems logical right?
    It's funny how years ago we were taught that weed kills brain cells,
    when in all actuality all it does is temporarily freezes them.
    Chemotherapy is unhealthy for the body in general use, but it's benefits outweigh the risks when going up against cancer. Same goes for marijuana. There may be harmful effects, but its medical uses outweigh it's harmful effects. And PLEASE stop talking about brains when you have no clue about them. So, please do explain how marijuana is freezing brain cells?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    As far as weed being a gateway drug,
    you really need to understand something here.
    You cannot scientifically prove this as fact.
    Why? Well hmm..let's see.
    Maybe because we are all different?
    Mentally, and physically.
    Assuming that weed is a gateway drug is like saying:
    "All humans are the same,and thus have the same reactions to chemicals"
    If you are seeking marijuana or other drugs, chances are you may be unhappy with your life. Being mentally unstable constitutes that you may be looking for ways to make yourself happy again, harmful or otherwise. These thoughts are not unfounded.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    My best friend was diagnosed as Bipolar when he was about 11-12 years old.
    For a long time he had to take a daily cocktail of drugs just to keep him balanced. Eventually, those pills stopped working and he started getting extremely unpredictable (usually in a volatile manner)
    Long story short, he replaced the pills with weed, and I can attest to the fact that I don't worry about my friend so much anymore.
    Pot helped him immensley. He used to talk about killing himself and everybody around him on a regular basis. I have not heard him talk like that in years now.
    Cool story....? When you scientifically prove your thoughts, please, come back. And no links to propagandist sites, how about a medically relavent site like, The American Medical Association, The American Psychiatric Association, The American Psychological Association, The American Psychoanalytic Association, to name a few.

  7. #127
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Chemotherapy is unhealthy for the body in general use, but it's benefits outweigh the risks when going up against cancer. Same goes for marijuana. There may be harmful effects, but its medical uses outweigh it's harmful effects. And PLEASE stop talking about brains when you have no clue about them. So, please do explain how marijuana is freezing brain cells?



    If you are seeking marijuana or other drugs, chances are you may be unhappy with your life. Being mentally unstable constitutes that you may be looking for ways to make yourself happy again, harmful or otherwise. These thoughts are not unfounded.



    Cool story....? When you scientifically prove your thoughts, please, come back. And no links to propagandist sites, how about a medically relavent site like, The American Medical Association, The American Psychiatric Association, The American Psychological Association, The American Psychoanalytic Association, to name a few.

    Again, get off my dick.
    You have no argument here whatsoever.
    Basically what you do is follow me around in the debate section, and try to annoy me like a flea.

    What part of "it affects people in different ways" didn't you understand?
    I never said it would be mentally therapeutic for everyone,
    I said in the case of my friend, yes it certainly was.
    It helped him more then Lithium did, that's for sure.
    Less harmful too.


    Weed temporarily freezing brain cells:
    Actually, it has been recently proven that smoking weed doesn't necessarily kill your braincells, but it does deplete the myelin sheath, which is a fatty material around the axon. When this myelin sheath is depleted, information being transmitted throughout the neuron is slowed down, hence having slow reactions.(Sound like temporary freeze?) The positive thing about this s that the myelin sheath does in fact reconstruct itself after a period of time without restriction by cannibinoids.

    As to why exactly the myelin sheath gets depleted: my guess is that it's due to the fact that THC attaches to fatty cells, and the myelin sheath is just so happened to be made up of just that.


    Chemotherapy and Maryjane therapy for cancer patients:
    Weed is a known for supportive care in cancer patients after undergoing chemo therapy. I hope you weren't comparing them..because chemo is much more worse for your body then weed..

    Here have a youtube:




    In closing I'd like to end with this:
    bark, stop being a twit.
    I understand you want to personify yourself as the Mpgh genius,
    and that is fine, I don't care.
    Is there really any need to try to insult people though?
    Nobody likes an antagonist, and that's what you have been doing since you started posting here. Give it a rest. Unless you have some solid evidence of all the bullshit you talk, then seriously.. get off the nuts.

  8. #128
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    What part of "it affects people in different ways" didn't you understand?
    I never said it would be mentally therapeutic for everyone,
    I said in the case of my friend, yes it certainly was.
    It helped him more then Lithium did, that's for sure.
    Less harmful too.


    Weed temporarily freezing brain cells:
    Actually, it has been recently proven that smoking weed doesn't necessarily kill your braincells, but it does deplete the myelin sheath, which is a fatty material around the axon. When this myelin sheath is depleted, information being transmitted throughout the neuron is slowed down, hence having slow reactions.(Sound like temporary freeze?) The positive thing about this s that the myelin sheath does in fact reconstruct itself after a period of time without restriction by cannibinoids.

    As to why exactly the myelin sheath gets depleted: my guess is that it's due to the fact that THC attaches to fatty cells, and the myelin sheath is just so happened to be made up of just that.


    Chemotherapy and Maryjane therapy for cancer patients:
    Weed is a known for supportive care in cancer patients after undergoing chemo therapy. I hope you weren't comparing them..because chemo is much more worse for your body then weed..
    About the brain cells "freezing": I would stop using that term, because it isn't a very good analogy. How about "it slows down brain processes", because that is what you are saying.

    I thought you were fighting for long-term use of marijuana, but judging by your argument so far, you're fighting for a 1 time smoke. I would just stop talking about how things will get better after a while if you don't smoke it. If I ingest lead, my kidneys may be damaged for a while, but it should eventually heal itself; this is not incentive for me to ingest lead.

  9. #129
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    About the brain cells "freezing": I would stop using that term, because it isn't a very good analogy. How about "it slows down brain processes", because that is what you are saying.

    I thought you were fighting for long-term use of marijuana, but judging by your argument so far, you're fighting for a 1 time smoke. I would just stop talking about how things will get better after a while if you don't smoke it. If I ingest lead, my kidneys may be damaged for a while, but it should eventually heal itself; this is not incentive for me to ingest lead.
    Where in my post would you even come to the conclusion that it was meant as a "1 time smoke" not sure where that came from.
    Let me put it this way. Smoking anything isn't really good for you,
    but you would have to ingest about 1500 lbs of marijuana in the time frame of 30 mins to overdose off it.

    I used to smoke all the time,
    I stopped because I didn't feel very motivated to do much but play my Xbox and write songs.
    Unfortunately you gotta be seriously gifted and have shitloads of time on your hands to realistically go anywhere with that. It also gave me the urge to eat more sugary fatty foods, which conflicted with my healthy lifestyle and Gym routine. I didn't stop because I feared the health risk. That's why I quit boozing and smoking Camels. Statistically, weed is one of the most harmless drugs out there, and I'm counting legal drugs in there too. I would challenge anyone, at anytime to debate that with me.

  10. #130
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    About the brain cells "freezing": I would stop using that term, because it isn't a very good analogy. How about "it slows down brain processes", because that is what you are saying.

    I thought you were fighting for long-term use of marijuana, but judging by your argument so far, you're fighting for a 1 time smoke. I would just stop talking about how things will get better after a while if you don't smoke it. If I ingest lead, my kidneys may be damaged for a while, but it should eventually heal itself; this is not incentive for me to ingest lead.
    Freezing and "slows down the processes" are the same lulz.

    :/ you really don't know shit about marijuana tho, and thats funny.


  11. #131
    raphaterz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    im not tellin you no more...
    Posts
    2,039
    Reputation
    36
    Thanks
    182
    My Mood
    Busy
    yall saying marjuana makes your mind stop? o trust me it "works" a fuck load more harder

  12. #132
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Freezing and "slows down the processes" are the same lulz.

    :/ you really don't know shit about marijuana tho, and thats funny.
    If you want to get technical:

    Freezing or solidification is a phase change in which a liquid turns into a solid when its temperature is lowered below its freezing point.

    So, because you thought you would be a smart ass, you're now claiming the brain/brain cells are liquids, and that they are freezing. You don't know shit about the brain, and likely marijuana as well.

  13. #133
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    If you want to get technical:

    Freezing or solidification is a phase change in which a liquid turns into a solid when its temperature is lowered below its freezing point.

    So, because you thought you would be a smart ass, you're now claiming the brain/brain cells are liquids, and that they are freezing. You don't know shit about the brain, and likely marijuana as well.
    :/ You read waaay too much into what people say.


  14. #134
    ShouKensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Your base
    Posts
    21
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amused
    Weed is unlawful for recreational use according to Islam, as well as all other agents that alter the normal sensory and mental state. Exceptions are made during medical procedures or for other medicinal purposes.

    This doesn't mean that a person who tokes is not a Muslim. As the Prophetic narration goes, "All of the offspring of Adam (mankind) are sinners, so the best of the sinners is the one who seeks forgiveness (from God) the most."

  15. #135
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    If you want to get technical:

    Freezing or solidification is a phase change in which a liquid turns into a solid when its temperature is lowered below its freezing point.

    So, because you thought you would be a smart ass, you're now claiming the brain/brain cells are liquids, and that they are freezing. You don't know shit about the brain, and likely marijuana as well.
    I wasn't using medical terms, since there really is no name for this process. (that I know of..)

    Kinda like how brain freeze isn't an actual medical term.
    It's just easier to say that then to say:

    "Damn bra, just ate a ice cream sundae and got a serious case of Spheno Palatine Gangleoneuralgia."

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast