Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    again more steryotypes...have you ever thought for youself? im roman catholic. and no, not just roman catholics; Germany was spilt about 50/50 protestant RC, especially with austrias annexation.

and its the debate section im fucking allowed to voice my opinion. or are you going to really stoop as low as just personal hits. apparently people do care, or else there wouldnt be 200+ views and 40+ replies. most of which are decent replies debating a point unlike you who bring sterotypes and personal attacks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    again more steryotypes...have you ever thought for youself? im roman catholic. and no, not just roman catholics; Germany was spilt about 50/50 protestant RC, especially with austrias annexation.

and its the debate section im fucking allowed to voice my opinion. or are you going to really stoop as low as just personal hits. apparently people do care, or else there wouldnt be 200+ views and 40+ replies. most of which are decent replies debating a point unlike you who bring sterotypes and personal attacks.
    You notice how none of the actual debaters use profanity when they debate, you just did and lost all credibility, that's one reason why people here in debate don't take Visible seriously, he uses profanity every 6 posts or so. It's okay to use it rarely but when you start to complain like you just did then it's another story.

ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Ugh Roman Catholics.

This article about sums up the difference between Spiritual followers of Christ and RC's

The Plain Truth about the Roman Catholic Church
    Kind of like the Muslims claiming that "Only the radicals do that stuff!". H-H-H-HYPOCRITE!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    im sorry i swear on occasion; if you read majority of my posts there are very few swear words when i am being serious. and i do believe everyone who posts their opinion is an "actual debaters".

Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post
    Yeah but muslim extremists have that plus a shit ton of murders.
    Fuck it all.

I'm bringing Mythology back.

Who's with me?

Btw ..Zen you're arguing all past bs..
    Muslims commit violence on a regular basis.

Go to work.
    rape wife.
    Kill infidel
    Get on knees look holy later
    two examples of only seconds of looking that im not the only one swearing. i do it when i get exasperated.
    also i think swearing on occasion when frustrated is better then intolerance majority of the time.
    Last edited by Zen; 02-08-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Kind of like the Muslims claiming that "Only the radicals do that stuff!". H-H-H-HYPOCRITE!
    Learn2understand things in the context that they were given.
    He said Christians, I was simply clarifying that I don't consider them to be Christians, since their practices conflict with CHRISTS teachings.
    That's fine if the rest of the world wants to be brainwashed into thinking they are, but I think more Christians worldwide are starting to see that the Roman Catholic Church is a huge front.
    Maybe if people actually took time to read scripture, they would understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post

Cry moar.

Btw, I'm pretty sure you said you were Buddhist somewhere..
    now you're Roman Catholic?

Hitler was Roman Catholic.

/nuff said.

All you have to do is read the New Testament,
    Learn it. Then tell me that RC ritual doesn't conflict with what Christ taught.
    I'll be happy to debate you there.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-08-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks
    Buddhism Vs. Everybody else.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Ugh Roman Catholics.

This article about sums up the difference between Spiritual followers of Christ and RC's

The Plain Truth about the Roman Catholic Church
    I'm sorry if sectarian bullshit has gone to your head but Roman Catholics are Christians. I'm fairly certain they can find as much wrong with your sect as you can find with theirs.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    I'm sorry if sectarian bullshit has gone to your head but Roman Catholics are Christians. I'm fairly certain they can find as much wrong with your sect as you can find with theirs.
    I'm not in a "sect"

I read a Bible.
    I have faith in God on a personal level,
    I read in the original languages to best understand where my faith originated.
    and don't feel the need to do things that aren't even described in the Bible.

Roman Catholic's bash on Born again Christians constantly..
    yet :

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again"

Our spirit is dead in sin when we are born; that is, we are born void of God. No person is ever born with God. The only exception is the Lord Jesus Christ Who came as God in the flesh 1st Timothy 3:16.

How can a Christian be responsible for sooo many atrocities??
    They used Christ and his message for their own greedy rise to power.

2nd Crusade
    The Inquisition (millions dead) what happened to love your enemies?

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Forbidding the priesthood to marry.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS:
    1) It is devilish to forbid God's people to marry when He has given marriage to be received with thanksgiving.

1 Timothy
    4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
    4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
    4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

2) Peter was married (remember the pope is supposedly continuing the apostolic line through Peter).

Matthew
    8:14 And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.

Mark
    1:30 But Simon's wife's mother lay sick of a fever, and anon they tell him of her.

Luke
    4:38 And he arose out of the synagogue, and entered into Simon's house. And Simon's wife's mother was taken with a great fever; and they besought him for her.

3) Paul, a great apostle, remained single; however he made it very clear that he could marry if he wanted to.

1 Corinthians
    9:5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Mary never had other children after the Lord Jesus. She remained a perpetual virgin.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - After Mary delivered our precious Lord Jesus Christ into the world Joseph did know his wife. Joseph and Mary indeed had children together, plenty of them. They were the Lord's half brothers and sisters for their father was Joseph and mother was Mary.

Matthew 1:24-25 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not TILL she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Matthew
    13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
    13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

Mark
    6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Pope called Holy Father.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - The term Holy Father is only found one time in the entire Bible. It was when Jesus prayed before He and His disciples went to the garden of Gethsemane. He referred to God the Father as Holy Father. It is blasphemy to call a man by God's name

John
    17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

CATHOLIC TRADITION - Purgatory, nuns, popes.

Proverbs
    30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

The pope is a man who takes upon himself honor which belongs to no human being. Even the very name by which he allows himself to be called (Holy Father) is highly presumptuous and blasphemous (see above).

One does not need the pope to determine what God's will is. The Bible says that God has given the Holy Ghost to each believer and that He (the Holy Ghost) guides and leads us into all truth. All a believer needs is the Bible and the Holy Ghost to know the will of the Lord. Popery has been treacherous, but worse, each pope has been the blind leading the blind. Jesus said that both will fall into the ditch. Catholics, come out of this system that cannot save and know Jesus for youself, intimate and up-close.

NOTE: Purgatory is supposedly a place where a person is purified of sins--even popes supposedly go there. The Bible says that Jesus Christ is the one that purifies us of our sins. Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.... When a person dies their eternal home is sealed--heaven or hell--no in between. Hebrews 9:27 ...it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

CATHOLIC TRADITION - The mass. Through transubstantiation, the wafer/host and the wine supposedly become the actual blood and body of Jesus Christ when the priest prays over them. He is supposed to be sacrificed over and over again on Roman Catholic altars.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS - Jesus died once for sins, never to be repeated. He sits on the right hand of God and does not reappear in the mass as a mass of blood and flesh.

Hebrews
    10:12 But this man [Jesus], after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
    10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
    10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
    10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
    10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

John
    19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

1 Corinthians
    11:24 And when he [Jesus] had given thanks, he brake it [bread], and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
    11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
    11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come (not for the forgiveness of sins or to receive Jesus).

Convinced they brainwashed people yet?
    If you think I'm bullshitting you, just research it.
    Roman Catholic's are a cult that used the God head to get what they wanted.
    People really need to smarten up. If they love God,they should just read what he sent to the prophets, and what Jesus taught.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-08-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    I'm not in a "sect"
    Ok either you're having a tough time grasping this concept or you just don't care but let me give you an example. There are two main sects of Islam, the Sunni Muslims and the Shiite Muslims. There are similarities between the two and there are significant differences between the two. In either group you will find people arguing that the other is not a true Muslim. However when we take a step back from their sectarian bullshit, they are both Muslim. Now I know there are significant scriptural discrepancies between your faith and the Roman Catholics faith. However whether you like it or not they are objectively Christians. You may not regard them as "true" Christians but it doesn't matter.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    1) Not really. Christianity and Judaism have caught up to modern times, Islam has not.
    2)Islam Vs Western World makes more sense, especially since the majority of people on the other side are muslims.
    so your admitting that they have changed the word of god to what they want it to be?? for modern times sake???

how lovely :P

what can i say

Respect Islam and i shall respect u, no matter how much i hate u. I am muslim 4lyf

I dont need a bullet proof vest cause i got Allah tattooed to my chest.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Learn2understand things in the context that they were given.
    He said Christians, I was simply clarifying that I don't consider them to be Christians, since their practices conflict with CHRISTS teachings.
    That's fine if the rest of the world wants to be brainwashed into thinking they are, but I think more Christians worldwide are starting to see that the Roman Catholic Church is a huge front.
    Maybe if people actually took time to read scripture, they would understand this.

Cry moar.

Btw, I'm pretty sure you said you were Buddhist somewhere..
    now you're Roman Catholic?

Hitler was Roman Catholic.

/nuff said.

All you have to do is read the New Testament,
    Learn it. Then tell me that RC ritual doesn't conflict with what Christ taught.
    I'll be happy to debate you there.
    Good point. I applaud you on your argumentative skills.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Ok either you're having a tough time grasping this concept or you just don't care but let me give you an example. There are two main sects of Islam, the Sunni Muslims and the Shiite Muslims. There are similarities between the two and there are significant differences between the two. In either group you will find people arguing that the other is not a true Muslim. However when we take a step back from their sectarian bullshit, they are both Muslim. Now I know there are significant scriptural discrepancies between your faith and the Roman Catholics faith. However whether you like it or not they are objectively Christians. You may not regard them as "true" Christians but it doesn't matter.
    That's fine and dandy, but whether Sunni or Shiite,
    you can still pull numerous passages from the Qur'ran and the Haddith's
    containing all types of violence.
    Now I will admit, there is a lot of violence in the OT,
    and I know the reasoning behind this.
    But you don't really have much violence in the NT..
    You can't really argue a whole lot about the violent passages in the Qur'ran..
    They're pretty self explanatory..So these people carrying out violent acts, proclaiming them to be Jihad can find the personal and legitimate justice to do so because they are only following the Qur'ran's teachings.
    The same can be said for those that choose to follow the more peaceful side of Islam, which I believe the Qur'ran to have many beautiful passages, but there are many clearly intolerant ones as well.
    Case and point is that a Muslim can clearly find passages that advocate violence against anyone that goes against their beliefs, and carry out the punishment that Allah sees fit.

The problem with Catholic's is that Christ never once said:
    "Go out and destroy millions of non-Christians"
    Yet they did. Now I think the first Crusade was justified.
    The Inquisition , and crusades after this were not.
    It's all good Paroxysm, you have a good point and I do understand it..
    but in my eyes, The Roman Catholic church is a very corrupt establishment.
    Not saying all Catholic's are..they're just sheep.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    "The First World War must be brought about in order to permit the Illuminati to overthrow the power of the Czars in Russia and of making that country a fortress of atheistic Communism. The divergences caused by the "agentur" (agents) of the Illuminati between the British and Germanic Empires will be used to foment this war. At the end of the war, Communism will be built and used in order to destroy the other governments and in order to weaken the religions." 2

"The Second World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences between the Fascists and the political Zionists. This war must be brought about so that Nazism is destroyed and that the political Zionism be strong enough to institute a sovereign state of Israel in Palestine. During the Second World War, International Communism must become strong enough in order to balance Christendom, which would be then restrained and held in check until the time when we would need it for the final social cataclysm." 3

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time." 4

- Albert Pike
    August 15, 1871

Noted in a book published in early 1920s.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    That's fine and dandy, but whether Sunni or Shiite,
    you can still pull numerous passages from the Qur'ran and the Haddith's
    containing all types of violence.
    Now I will admit, there is a lot of violence in the OT,
    and I know the reasoning behind this.
    But you don't really have much violence in the NT..
    You can't really argue a whole lot about the violent passages in the Qur'ran..
    They're pretty self explanatory..So these people carrying out violent acts, proclaiming them to be Jihad can find the personal and legitimate justice to do so because they are only following the Qur'ran's teachings.
    The same can be said for those that choose to follow the more peaceful side of Islam, which I believe the Qur'ran to have many beautiful passages, but there are many clearly intolerant ones as well.
    Case and point is that a Muslim can clearly find passages that advocate violence against anyone that goes against their beliefs, and carry out the punishment that Allah sees fit.

The problem with Catholic's is that Christ never once said:
    "Go out and destroy millions of non-Christians"
    Yet they did. Now I think the first Crusade was justified.
    The Inquisition , and crusades after this were not.
    It's all good Paroxysm, you have a good point and I do understand it..
    but in my eyes, The Roman Catholic church is a very corrupt establishment.
    Not saying all Catholic's are..they're just sheep.
    Oh I agree that Roman Catholicism is corrupt but for different reasons. I'm not a too big on child molestation or the church trying to hide pedo-priests in different parts of the world.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    "The First World War must be brought about in order to permit the Illuminati to overthrow the power of the Czars in Russia and of making that country a fortress of atheistic Communism. The divergences caused by the "agentur" (agents) of the Illuminati between the British and Germanic Empires will be used to foment this war. At the end of the war, Communism will be built and used in order to destroy the other governments and in order to weaken the religions." 2

"The Second World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences between the Fascists and the political Zionists. This war must be brought about so that Nazism is destroyed and that the political Zionism be strong enough to institute a sovereign state of Israel in Palestine. During the Second World War, International Communism must become strong enough in order to balance Christendom, which would be then restrained and held in check until the time when we would need it for the final social cataclysm." 3

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time." 4

- Albert Pike
    August 15, 1871

Noted in a book published in early 1920s.
    Cool story bro.

The Protocols of the Elders of Zion was the name of the book btw.
    Was found on a Russian.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast