Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    lies''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    398
    Reputation
    7
    Thanks
    20
    My Mood
    Cynical

    The complex conflict

    The Israeli-Palestine conflict which doesn't seem to end. It's a complex conflict which i don't understand quite fully yet.

    My personal opinion on the things that have happend so far is that it just seems to be the Israelis fault.

    I am watching a documentary about the conflict and i just saw the video below and i felt sad at 6:05. Instead of these kids thinking about a future, about family, work and more, they think about martyr. These kids lost their families, they become martyr because of the hatred and that's how it continues.

    What do you think about the conflict? Whats your opinion? Keep just one thing in mind, keep it fucking friendly.


    You don't have to watch the documentary. I am just showing it for people who are interested.

    Last edited by lies'; 02-25-2011 at 07:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    I agree it is sad,
    and the conflict is seemingly endless.
    The problem is you have two groups of people that feel they're entitled to the same land.
    Neither side is budging, and Israel certainly won't until the Dome is destroyed.
    It's a cycle of hate that will continue as long as this "Holy land" ideology continues.
    These children could be getting an education of the world,
    but instead, all they know is the hate that lingers in their hearts.

  3. #3
    lies''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    398
    Reputation
    7
    Thanks
    20
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I agree it is sad,
    and the conflict is seemingly endless.
    The problem is you have two groups of people that feel they're entitled to the same land.
    Neither side is budging, and Israel certainly won't until the Dome is destroyed.
    It's a cycle of hate that will continue as long as this "Holy land" ideology continues.
    These children could be getting an education of the world,
    but instead, all they know is the hate that lingers in their hearts.
    Exactly but as Israel occupies Palestinian land, borders everywhere and the huge attacks on the responce on fail rocket attacks which ended up in thousands of Palestinians dead, yet it's still the Palestinians fault. I don't understand really.

    What was Israel before 1948?
    Last edited by lies'; 02-25-2011 at 07:37 AM.

  4. #4
    CaT-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,335
    Reputation
    311
    Thanks
    488
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by lies' View Post
    Exactly but as Israel occupies Palestinian land, borders everywhere and the huge attacks on the responce on fail rocket attacks which ended up in thousands of Palestinians dead, yet it's still the Palestinians fault. I don't understand really.

    What was Israel before 1948?
    The Jews were there from around the 13th century BC
    Last edited by CaT-; 02-25-2011 at 11:09 AM.


    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

  5. #5
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    It’s been said that the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Every time the bullets fly, the world takes sides and the conflict is not resolved, it only gets worse. Each side believes their position to be the right one, so they speak and act accordingly, but as Gandhi said: "There is no way to peace, peace is the way." You are your world, if there is rage, hatred and prejudice in you, they will also manifest in your world.


    You cannot win a war anymore than you can win an earthquake, a tsunami or a tornado.
    A war is a disaster where we all lose.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    lies' (02-26-2011)

  7. #6
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    It’s been said that the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Every time the bullets fly, the world takes sides and the conflict is not resolved, it only gets worse. Each side believes their position to be the right one, so they speak and act accordingly, but as Gandhi said: "There is no way to peace, peace is the way." You are your world, if there is rage, hatred and prejudice in you, they will also manifest in your world.


    You cannot win a war anymore than you can win an earthquake, a tsunami or a tornado.
    A war is a disaster where we all lose.
    Well said.

    I might add that the main way i see for this to be dissolved is in about 40 years or so.

    When the bloodlines die out, and the kids realize that they should just cooperate for a better life.