Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 722
  1. #241
    unicorn69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,112
    Reputation
    -147
    Thanks
    55
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post



    Sorry but you can't blame Muslim's intolerance on war.
    I can site numerous articles involving religious hate crimes and honor killings.
    That has nothing to do with war and everything to do with the inability to peacefully coexist with others that don't follow Islamic ideology.
    You're generalizing about a billion Muslims.

  2. #242
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn69 View Post
    You're generalizing about a billion Muslims.

    You're ignoring statistics.

    Are you aware that in many middle eastern countries women go to jail for having premarital sex?
    If you don't think Islamic fundamentals have anything to do with that then you're either blind to fact, or just stupid.
    Different sects of Islam kill eachother daily. Or they imprison people for not following their ideology.
    Don't see much of that going on with other religions, hence why I state the fact of their inability to tolerate other beliefs and cultures.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-13-2012 at 03:31 PM.

  3. #243
    unicorn69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,112
    Reputation
    -147
    Thanks
    55
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post



    You're ignoring statistics.

    Are you aware that in many middle eastern countries women go to jail for having premarital sex?
    If you don't think Islamic fundamentals have anything to do with that then you're either blind to fact, or just stupid.
    Different sects of Islam kill eachother daily. Or they imprison people for not following their ideology.
    Don't see much of that going on with other religions, hence why I state the fact of their inability to tolerate other beliefs and cultures.
    Most Muslim countries are secular, like Pakistan and Turkey.

  4. #244
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn69 View Post
    Most Muslim countries are secular, like Pakistan and Turkey.
    Wow..so I guess that you're assuming every Muslim that lives in either one of those Demographics follow the same beliefs?

    Secularism is condemned by many Muslims, democracy fails there.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-13-2012 at 03:43 PM.

  5. #245
    unicorn69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,112
    Reputation
    -147
    Thanks
    55
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Wow..so I guess that you're assuming every Muslim that lives in either one of those Demographics follow the same beliefs?

    Secularism is condemned by many Muslims, democracy fails there.
    No, but I assume they follow the law.

  6. #246
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    unicorn you are arguing against statistics and proving yourself wrong in the process.


    You can't argue that muslims are secular, when the majority of them aren't.

    Why even bother saying they "follow the law" when sharia law is insanely bad, not to mention the numerous laws in islam itself.


  7. #247
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Found this little gem regarding the Afghan-Anglo war.

    Captured British soldiers

    The British officer John Masters recorded in his autobiography that Pathan women in the North-West Frontier Province (1901–1955) of British India during the Second Anglo-Afghan War would castrate non-Muslim soldiers who were captured, like British and Sikhs.[7][8] They also used an execution method involving urine, Pathan women urinated into prisoner's mouths.[9] Captured British soldiers were spread out and fastened with restraints to the ground, then a stick, or a piece of wood was used to keep their mouth open to prevent swallowing. Pathan women then squatted and urinated directly into the mouth of the man until he drowned in the urine, taking turns one at a time. This method of execution was reported to have been practiced specifically by the women of the Afridi tribe of the Pashtuns

    source:
    Second Anglo-Afghan War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  8. #248
    Certified Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In THE PLAYBOY MANSION.
    Posts
    58
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Wow..so I guess that you're assuming every Muslim that lives in either one of those Demographics follow the same beliefs?

    Secularism is condemned by many Muslims, democracy fails there.
    When religion mixes with politics things get ruined, Secularism ftw
    Proud to be Turkish






    Thankyou R_arraz for this awesome Sig

  9. #249
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Certified Sniper View Post
    When religion mixes with politics things get ruined, Secularism ftw
    Couldn't agree with you more.

  10. #250
    Certified Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In THE PLAYBOY MANSION.
    Posts
    58
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Countries that arent secular are not that free. Sharia law is a bit hardcore men are permitted to have 4 wives and you could get your arm chopped off for stealing.
    Proud to be Turkish






    Thankyou R_arraz for this awesome Sig

  11. #251
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Certified Sniper View Post
    Countries that arent secular are not that free. Sharia law is a bit hardcore men are permitted to have 4 wives and you could get your arm chopped off for stealing.
    armed chopped off is so that no one does it. Its an "overkill" method where they make a ridiculous punishment for an epidemic so that no one does it anymore. Its not originating in Sharia Law but is an old way to punish theives and to discourage new ones.
    Last edited by Empire; 03-03-2012 at 10:05 AM.


  12. #252
    Certified Sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In THE PLAYBOY MANSION.
    Posts
    58
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    True, true im not for Sharia law but the countries that have this have lower crime rates because the people are scared shitless.
    Proud to be Turkish






    Thankyou R_arraz for this awesome Sig

  13. #253
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Certified Sniper View Post
    True, true im not for Sharia law but the countries that have this have lower crime rates because the people are scared shitless.
    Thats actually false in general crimerates, I'm not so sure about thieves though.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    You see the problem lies within the law:

    The difference is that in most countries you are tried and done for your crime and thats that.

    But when religion comes into play........ you can get off scott free and therefore the crimerate does not reflect the actual crime rate. It reflects those tried in court AND given a sentence.


    But in the middle east the laws are also a lot more loose on whichever topic you choose. Not to mention the "society" factor. You don't report crimes because of being an outcast. This is more of a problem than getting away with crimes because of religion, as it generally leads to more suffering.


  14. #254
    rkaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    OPEN RIGHT NOW!! <--- ADD MPGHRKAF
    Posts
    748
    Reputation
    73
    Thanks
    1,632
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Any religion is total crap.
    They did a 84 year study on people with high IQ's and guess what....
    Percent who believe in God: 1914 – 27.7% | 1933 – 15% | 1998 – 7%

    Disbelief in God: 1913 – 52.7% | 1933 – 68% | 1998 – 72.2%

    Doubt or agnosticism: 1913 – 20.9% | 1933 – 17% | 1998 – 20.8%
    source
    Do smart people believe in God?


    I myself dont believe in god.
    But i cant be mad on people for being stupid i guess.
    Religion was designed by people to form groups for personal gain.
    Money?Power?
    Its just a cult, which is bad.

    Stop believing in a superman upstair.
    Start believing u dont know sh!t and thats just the way it is.
    And believe in yourself and the good in yourself.

    You know what religion brings?
    War...

    Same people say we are not related to apes.
    LOL. Funny.

  15. #255
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by rkaf View Post
    Any religion is total crap.
    They did a 84 year study on people with high IQ's and guess what....
    Percent who believe in God: 1914 – 27.7% | 1933 – 15% | 1998 – 7%

    Disbelief in God: 1913 – 52.7% | 1933 – 68% | 1998 – 72.2%

    Doubt or agnosticism: 1913 – 20.9% | 1933 – 17% | 1998 – 20.8%
    source
    Do smart people believe in God?


    I myself dont believe in god.
    But i cant be mad on people for being stupid i guess.
    Religion was designed by people to form groups for personal gain.
    Money?Power?
    Its just a cult, which is bad.

    Stop believing in a superman upstair.
    Start believing u dont know sh!t and thats just the way it is.
    And believe in yourself and the good in yourself.

    You know what religion brings?
    War...

    Same people say we are not related to apes.
    LOL. Funny.
    :/ the problem with your post is that you consider yourself more intelligent by not believing in god.

    This leads to hypocrisy. You see considering yourself smarter because YOU do not believe in god is not the point of the sur vey. Its that people with higher intelligence in w/e field or in general, do not believe in god.

    The difference is that you are some kid and they are extremely intelligent.

    Can't express this enough: learn statistics.
    -------------------------------------------------

    Now you say religion brings war. Well that is in fact, wrong.

    War can only be "brought" by humanity itself. A simple set of beliefs does not start a war any more than my favorite color. In the end its the people. They can believe w/e the hell they want, its not the beliefs fault, its the person. Another thing to realize: blaming beliefs has no consequence.

    Unless you want to burn every bible or such like the nazi's, its pretty much leading up to nothing.
    ------------------

    I guess the moral here is:

    Don't compare yourself to a genius.
    Last edited by Empire; 03-08-2012 at 10:06 PM.


  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]AVGN (03-09-2012),Diminished (03-09-2012)

Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast