Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Shit happens. Until skynet goes online, we are stuck with humans.
    "Shit happens"

It's that attitude that gets people hating us.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    As long as you have humans in war, there will be fuck ups.

Its inescapable, you WILL have someone fuck up no matter what. I feel bad for those killed by this, but really its not like you can stop it.
    Last edited by Empire; 06-14-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    As long as you have humans in war, there will be fuck ups.

Its inescapable, you WILL have someone fuck up no matter what. I feel bad for those killed by this, but really its not like you can stop it.
    That's not the point of why this video was posted..
    I'm well aware I can't stop it, I'm a civilian I don't hand out court marshals for war crimes.

that nevs kid said to provide proof of our soldiers killing innocent people.
    So I did. Simple as that.
    Sometimes we need to swallow our prides and admit that something was done wrong,
    not sweep it under the carpet and be like "welp that's war oh well"

It was just a incredibly sad situation because one of the journalists was well known here in the states,
    and to see him gunned down wile he's dying and try to crawl to safety is pretty fucked.
    Not to mention the people that stopped to help him were also killed..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Dude you can say whatever the fuck you want about that incident,
    those soldiers were in the wrong.
    Though it may be that incidents like this are more isolated opposed to terrorist attacks,
    there is no justifying shit like this.
    It was obvious that guy didn't have a weapon on him..
    There was just a bunch of guys standing around,
    two of them were journalists, one of the guys was quite famous for his coverage of the war..
    There were two children in that van, this pretty much proves that little to no intel was taken before engaging these people.
    Then afterwards what the soldiers were saying was pretty disgusting..

"look at all those dead bastards"

Yeah look at all those dead people that you had absolutely no kind of information on,
    and you just murdered them. Blatant disregard for human life.
    End of story. I support the troops, and my country. I don't support murder.
    That IS war. Like it or not people fucking die. Was killing them wrong? Yes, but that doesn't change the fact they are dead. If you watched the full video and not the edited one you can see starting a at 2:00 that it looks like they have AK-47's. Later in the video one of them was creeping behind a wall and looked like he had an RPG at 2:30. Even in the beginning of the video the straps they had around there shoulders looked like AK-47 straps. So they made a mistake. Wrong place wrong time.

PS: Keep your insults to yourself.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    That IS war. Like it or not people fucking die. Was killing them wrong? Yes, but that doesn't change the fact they are dead. If you watched the full video and not the edited one you can see starting a at 2:00 that it looks like they have AK-47's. Later in the video one of them was creeping behind a wall and looked like he had an RPG at 2:30. Even in the beginning of the video the straps they had around there shoulders looked like AK-47 straps. So they made a mistake. Wrong place wrong time.
    Here

Never seen the unedited version,
    but yeah that dude with the camera did look pretty suspect..
    and those other people looked like they were carrying some shit too.
    Fuck it, I'm retracting the majority of my statements..
    But I still think it was wrong that they shot that van up at the end.
    It was clear those people had no damn weapons..

Btw when the hell did I insult you?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Well the way I see it... They can't set up a government that promotes equal rights and free will, then we're goina' go in and spread around some freedom for them. I know it looks bad, it always looks bad. And the only reason ppl bitch so much now about this war is because we can see the carnage. It's not like these cowards wear a uniform that distinguishes them from the rest.

Don't be mistaken. They want to be free just as much as anyone else, but the price of freedom is a heavy one.

If they where a nation, instead of an organization the war would be over.

END THE FED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well the way I see it... They can't set up a government that promotes equal rights and free will, then we're goina' go in and spread around some freedom for them. I know it looks bad, it always looks bad. And the only reason ppl bitch so much now about this war is because we can see the carnage. It's not like these cowards wear a uniform that distinguishes them from the rest.

Don't be mistaken. They want to be free just as much as anyone else, but the price of freedom is a heavy one.

If they where a nation, instead of an organization the war would be over.
    Good point..

These pussies rely on subterfuge..
    In a way they don't deserve the honor of gathering their dead/wounded
    In the old days there was a mutual respect for that, guess not in this war.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Well the point was already proven really, people are going to make mistakes in war, and people will abuse the gun-at-you power soldiers have.

Now its not right, and the US could try harder to control it.

But its going to happen. There is no way any war with thousands of soldiers will go off without a hitch for years.
    -----------------------------------
    And @RJ makes a good point, these terrorist bomb civilians and use civilians, yet they expect some sort of "mercy rule" if they get shot. If this was the police i could understand, but if they escape they will most likely kill more people. This is war.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Well the point was already proven really, people are going to make mistakes in war, and people will abuse the gun-at-you power soldiers have.

Now its not right, and the US could try harder to control it.

But its going to happen. There is no way any war with thousands of soldiers will go off without a hitch for years.
    -----------------------------------
    And @RJ makes a good point, these terrorist bomb civilians and use civilians, yet they expect some sort of "mercy rule" if they get shot. If this was the police i could understand, but if they escape they will most likely kill more people. This is war.
    Yeah I get it,

Whole point of posting the video really wasn't to get into a huge debate on this one incident.
    The point was to post what Nevs asked for, which was proof of soldiers killing innocents.
    Then it somehow got turned into whether it was justified or not.
    Bottom line is this:
    Were those innocent people? Yes

He said proof I gave proof.
    Now we can all go back to proverbially teabagging Islamic terrorists and the shitbags that support them.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 06-15-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Saw that on the news.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Here

A RPG at 2:30? That's what she said. It was obvious a cameraman or w/e it is called. I believe that this was the documentary shown on Panorama on the Belgian television. Wasn't this a helicopter using uranium bullets?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by lies' View Post
    A RPG at 2:30? That's what she said. It was obvious a cameraman or w/e it is called. I believe that this was the documentary shown on Panorama on the Belgian television. Wasn't this a helicopter using uranium bullets?
    No that was not obviously not a weapon IT DID look like an RPG. Why would a cameraman peek and creep like that behind a corner? No the helicopter was not using uranium bullets as far as my knowledge goes.

Yes it was wrong of them to shoot I agree with you, but keep in mind that they THOUGHT they were terrorist trying to help their wounded. Also remember they did wait for authorization. Finally they had no clue children were in that van. If they did know I can guarantee you they would not have shot later in the video when they were targeting that building the polite said something like "I don't want to light that place up with friendly inside you no?" or something along those lines. Pity tho a pointless waist of life.

You called me a kid in a response to RJ that's why I said keep it to yourself.
    Last edited by nevs666; 06-15-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

You called me a kid in a response to RJ that's why I said keep it to yourself.
    Don't take offense to that, I call everybody kid. Even my RL friends...lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Don't take offense to that, I call everybody kid. Even my RL friends...lol.
    Noted... kid .

-Benjamin Franklin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123