Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 144
  1. #76
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    It's nothing like that at all....

    Religion is a line of thinking, when people think about something that's usually what makes the ACT in certain ways. If religion gets them to think about something in a certain way they will proceed to ACT in response to that line of thinking. It's not rocket science. This applies to every line of thinking in life, not just religion.
    Eh, I need to interject here. Religion doesn't start a line of thinking for the common, it always involves that one person who can twist said religion just enough to make himself seem as a philosopher/intelligent leader that convinced the common to follow said persons teachings. From those teachings comes a line of blame, using the religion on question as a means of making a linear target to a scapegoat for the common persons problems as a whole, and pushing those who are now angry at said scapegoat to do things that normally would be taboo in said religions ideals.

    It's all psychological propaganda fed by one to the masses with common issues, exploiting said issues and the commons beliefs for a goal that is entirely twisted.

    Take Hitler, for example. Germany was in economic turmoil, so all it took was a little public speaking, a hostile takeover, and assigning a scapegoat for the common Germans problems (the Jewish people for their continued success in the business world in Germany at the time) and boom, he had millions of followers that allowed him to basically throw out the existing governments set standards and procedures to enact himself as a dictator. He also used psychology in the sense of announcing Arians to be the predominant race, giving the people a sense of entitlement and security, just like how Islamic extremists use the "my religion is always right and I'll be going to a pleasure filled paradise for blowing people up" kind of mentality.


    ---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    FACT: Religion was made up by man.
    Why is it that, back then 2000 years ago, people believed the sun, revolved around us. Back then, they thought ghosts were the cause of rain. All of this has been disproved. Get over it. Religion has been disproved too. Atheists are right in my opion, and I have a right to say that.
    Yes, you are entitled to voice your opinion, but remember, the only proof of and against religion is truly available in death. Other than that no one can surely say in a steadfast manner that one said religion us correct/incorrect until they are dead and ascending/descending/nothing.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

    scotbud123 (07-05-2012)

  3. #77
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    It's nothing like that at all....

    Religion is a line of thinking, when people think about something that's usually what makes the ACT in certain ways. If religion gets them to think about something in a certain way they will proceed to ACT in response to that line of thinking. It's not rocket science. This applies to every line of thinking in life, not just religion.
    Its a belief. It doesn't make people "act in certain ways". There is a lot more to people's actions than what religion they are. Time to grow up kid.


  4. #78
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Its a belief. It doesn't make people "act in certain ways". There is a lot more to people's actions than what religion they are. Time to grow up kid.
    You're right, I apologize. What I meant was that the belief is misused by people to get\abuse power by convincing the masses to go along with something that benefits them. I believe I said that earlier in this thread or in another thread though.

    ---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Eh, I need to interject here. Religion doesn't start a line of thinking for the common, it always involves that one person who can twist said religion just enough to make himself seem as a philosopher/intelligent leader that convinced the common to follow said persons teachings. From those teachings comes a line of blame, using the religion on question as a means of making a linear target to a scapegoat for the common persons problems as a whole, and pushing those who are now angry at said scapegoat to do things that normally would be taboo in said religions ideals.

    It's all psychological propaganda fed by one to the masses with common issues, exploiting said issues and the commons beliefs for a goal that is entirely twisted.

    Take Hitler, for example. Germany was in economic turmoil, so all it took was a little public speaking, a hostile takeover, and assigning a scapegoat for the common Germans problems (the Jewish people for their continued success in the business world in Germany at the time) and boom, he had millions of followers that allowed him to basically throw out the existing governments set standards and procedures to enact himself as a dictator. He also used psychology in the sense of announcing Arians to be the predominant race, giving the people a sense of entitlement and security, just like how Islamic extremists use the "my religion is always right and I'll be going to a pleasure filled paradise for blowing people up" kind of mentality.
    I'm sorry, I apologize you're right. That's more of what I meant though, I didn't write it the way I should have.








     





















  5. #79
    Audi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    With Tori Black
    Posts
    1,559
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    You can buy them almost anywhere.......
    Which version?, Bible is modified by lots of people, people change it as they like and mess with gods words
    It takes skill to build an empire. It takes an idiot to maintain it.

  6. #80
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi View Post
    Which version?, Bible is modified by lots of people, people change it as they like and mess with gods words
    We live in 2012, I doubt any version is exactly the same as the original.








     





















  7. #81
    4chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Fhrerbunker
    Posts
    1,825
    Reputation
    146
    Thanks
    150
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi View Post


    Which version?, Bible is modified by lots of people, people change it as they like and mess with gods words
    They say the bible is corrupted because the bible has been changed in order to fit the needs of the people (christians) whereas the Quran had never been changed ever since it was written.Its pretty much as simple as that, Quran - word of God and bible - changed by priests and such to fit the needs of the current christians.

  8. #82
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortopedia View Post


    They say the bible is corrupted because the bible has been changed in order to fit the needs of the people (christians) whereas the Quran had never been changed ever since it was written.Its pretty much as simple as that, Quran - word of God and bible - changed by priests and such to fit the needs of the current christians.
    The problem with that however, is that we do not know for a fact that the Qur'an hasn't been altered in any way. There's no proof it hasn't, considering the texts aren't nearly as old as the Dead Sea Scrolls. The Islamic religion is based around what one man was told to him by god, whereas the bible has so many different parts (when I say bible I do not mean the translated/updated version, going back to the original Arabic texts) written in so many different Era's by different people, making a complete story. A muslims number one defense used every time they are called out on the Qur'an is "it was never modified", making me believe it's just a scapegoat at this point

  9. #83
    Audi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    With Tori Black
    Posts
    1,559
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortopedia View Post


    They say the bible is corrupted because the bible has been changed in order to fit the needs of the people (christians) whereas the Quran had never been changed ever since it was written.Its pretty much as simple as that, Quran - word of God and bible - changed by priests and such to fit the needs of the current christians.
    Because Quran is the words of the god, and god made it fits every time and every generation,
    You say that bible was modifided by priests to fit the time they live in?, this mean that god don't know what will happen in the future and need help from priests, this mean that the god is weak?, Quran is the only book that contain everything for every generation
    It takes skill to build an empire. It takes an idiot to maintain it.

  10. #84
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi View Post
    Because Quran is the words of the god, and god made it fits every time and every generation,
    You say that bible was modifided by priests to fit the time they live in?, this mean that god don't know what will happen in the future and need help from priests, this mean that the god is weak?, Quran is the only book that contain everything for every generation
    Or......they're all shit.








     





















  11. #85
    ahmedps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    26
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Qmo View Post
    whoever your god
    whatever your religion

    I guarantee , , , your GOD will not like this

    wrong the islam is the only religion who loves god belive me// the christian is corrupted and i did not inderstand why the americans peopls dont believe in muhammed i tell you dont loss anything ........ say i believe in muhammed as a messenger of god like SnoopDog the famous singer and as you like say im sorry god if i wrong forgive me

  12. #86
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedps View Post
    wrong the islam is the only religion who loves god belive me// the christian is corrupted and i did not inderstand why the americans peopls dont believe in muhammed i tell you dont loss anything ........ say i believe in muhammed as a messenger of god like SnoopDog the famous singer and as you like say im sorry god if i wrong forgive me
    You shouldn't really speak if you can't form basic, complete, coherent sentences.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  13. #87
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi View Post


    Because Quran is the words of the god, and god made it fits every time and every generation,
    You say that bible was modifided by priests to fit the time they live in?, this mean that god don't know what will happen in the future and need help from priests, this mean that the god is weak?, Quran is the only book that contain everything for every generation
    The quran was written AFTER muhammed had died.

    It was altered from the very start.
    ----------------

    The bible was modified in translation. Just as the Quran. Go figure you'd take that the wrong way.


  14. #88
    vaporak10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Adam West's Refrigerator
    Posts
    564
    Reputation
    58
    Thanks
    34
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    You shouldn't really speak if you can't form basic, complete, coherent sentences.
    He's from Algeria, what do you expect him to do, type in Arabic?
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.
    -- Chris Rock

  15. #89
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi View Post


    Because Quran is the words of the god, and god made it fits every time and every generation,
    You say that bible was modifided by priests to fit the time they live in?, this mean that god don't know what will happen in the future and need help from priests, this mean that the god is weak?, Quran is the only book that contain everything for every generation
    Bullshit, it contains hypocritical judgemental douchebaggery at best. The reason the priests change the bible is either because said priest is corrupt or they want to make it more appealing to modern society, your book just because you "say" it hasn't been changed doesn't mean shit, for all you know it could have been edited thirty times but you're still blindly throwin your terrible as argument that it's perfect. There is no proof the Qur'an has not been edited. Ad stop taking shit out of context, just because a HUMAN edited the bible does NOT make said god to that person WRONG. All you're doing is finding the WORST reasons to argue that your religion is truth, meanwhile the bible was created over a collection of centuries by many different people and it all fits together, as pertaining to the original Arabic scroll parchment it was written on, carbon dating PROVES this. So if I'm goin to believe in anything, I'm going to stick with the religion that was written by MANY people of DIFFERENT eras, not one guy hopped up on opium who took the majority of his ideals from Judaism and added a twist to each. If you're going I even post in this fucking section, post something god damn worth our time because you're just an uneducated child trying to be right when you provide nothing to back up your shotty argument. /endfuckingrant

  16. #90
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporak10 View Post


    He's from Algeria, what do you expect him to do, type in Arabic?
    No, I expect him to write in English seeing that this is a mostly English based forum.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Solved] I have followed the instructions for the hydra hack and it says that its unable...
    By crossfire123456789 in forum CrossFire Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 06:51 PM
  2. Sorry to say that
    By Robert in forum General
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 12:50 PM
  3. now say that 3 times faster...
    By Gourav2122 in forum Anime
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 04:40 AM
  4. Just want to say that
    By gunot in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 09:20 PM