Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Sorry the statement you posted was just too stupid.
    proof that the bible is not corrupt ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetos007 View Post
    Other way around, you need proof it is. I would love to hear how the bible is corrupt and the quran is not though.

Thanks

Other way around, you need proof it is. I would love to hear how the bible is corrupt and the quran is not though.
    Quran is Edited in USA Only just to say that Quran is Corrupt

Thanks
    Is this enough ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quran is Edited in USA Only just to say that Quran is Corrupt
    Yeah, english first, then post.

Quote Originally Posted by Alalexander View Post
    Is this enough ?
    Nope. Though i'll look into that after work.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Because they are stupid. They have no idea what they are talking about. Such as dawuud, he said the Protestants and Catholics have different Bibles. Actually, the only difference is the Catholics have 5 more books (All are forgeries). And the reason there are many versions is to get a better translation.

Some people have the idea that the New Testament has been translated "so many times" that it has become corrupted through stages of translating. If the translations were being made from other translations, they would have a case. But translations are actually made directly from original Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic source texts based on thousands of ancient manuscripts.

For instance, we know the New Testament we have today is true to its original form because:
    1. We have such a huge number of manuscript copies -- over 24,000.
    2. Those copies agree with each other, word for word, 99.5% of the time.
    3. The dates of these manuscripts are very close to the dates of their originals .

When one compares the text of one manuscript with another, the match is amazing. Sometimes the spelling may vary, or words may be transposed, but that is of little consequence. Concerning word order, Bruce M. Metzger, professor emeritus at Princeton Theological Seminary, explains: "It makes a whale of a difference in English if you say, 'Dog bites man' or 'Man bites dog' -- sequence matters in English. But in Greek it doesn't. One word functions as the subject of the sentence regardless of where it stands in the sequence."5

Dr. Ravi Zacharias, a visiting professor at Oxford University, also comments: "In real terms, the New Testament is easily the best attested ancient writing in terms of the sheer number of documents, the time span between the events and the documents, and the variety of documents available to sustain or contradict it. There is nothing in ancient manuscript evidence to match such textual availability and integrity."6

The New Testament is humanity's most reliable ancient document. Its textual integrity is more certain than that of Plato's writings or Homer's Iliad. For a comparison of the New Testament to other ancient writings, click here.

The Old Testament has also been remarkably well preserved. Our modern translations are confirmed by a huge number of ancient manuscripts in both Hebrew and Greek, including the mid-20th century discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls. These scrolls hold the oldest existing fragments of almost all of the Old Testament books, dating from 150 B.C. The similarity of the Dead Sea manuscripts to hand copies made even 1,000 years later is proof of the care the ancient Hebrew scribes took in copying their scriptures.
    OP:

Lets test your assumption

All Gospels agree: Matthew(chapter 1:18-25 of Matthew ) and Luke ( chapter 1:27, 34 of Luke) sayJesus was born of a Virgin (The birth of Christ isn't mentioned in the others). Matthew (in chapter 2:1 of Matthew) and Luke (chapter 2:4 in Luke) say Jesus was born in Bethlehem. Every Gospel say he lived in Nazareth (Mark 1:9, 24 ,Matthew 2:23 , John 1:45, 46, Luke 2:51, 4:16). Mark, John, and Luke say Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist (Mark 1:4-9, Matthew 3:1-15, Luke 3:1-22 ). All Gospels say He performed miracles of healing ( Matthew 4:24, etc. Mark 1:34, etc. Luke 4:40, etc. John 9:7 ). Matthew, Mark and John say Jesus walked on water (John 6:19 , Mark 6:48 , and Matthew 14:25 .) . All Gospels said he He fed five thousand people with five loaves and two fish (John 6:9 , Mark 6:38 , Matthew 14:7 , Luke 9:13 .). etc. Would you like me to continue?
    Source(s):
    No Contradictions in the Bible: http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/bible…

Have questions about the Bible?: http://www.gotquestions.org/questions_Bi…

Prophecy fulfilled: http://www.bibleprobe.com/365messianicpr… ,
    100 fulfilled Bible prophecies

Scientific accuracy of the Bible: http://www.inplainsite.org/html/scientif…

Historical accuracy of the Bible: http://www.christiananswers.net/archaeol…
    Proof the Bible is not changed: http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-bible-de… http://www.everystudent.com/features/bib…
    Last edited by Playfire; 08-11-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks
    Christians believe jesus pbuh was god. A bunch of jews tricked the romans into killing him. So you Christians actually believe a bunch of jews could kill god. He was a messenger of god just like Muhammed. Enough said.

☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    Christians believe jesus pbuh was god. A bunch of jews tricked the romans into killing him. So you Christians actually believe a bunch of jews could kill god. He was a messenger of god just like Muhammed. Enough said.
    In your belief system, yes. In mine no. In many others no. That does not give way for debate, that is PERSONAL opinion.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Christians believe that jesus sacrificed himself to save humanity from sin.

Seriously, why bother posting when you don't know the first thing about the subject you are talking about.

Thanks

Christians believe that jesus sacrificed himself to save humanity from sin.

Seriously, why bother posting when you don't know the first thing about the subject you are talking about.
    I know that ... but still humans killing god?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I know that ... but still humans killing god?
    Again, sacrifice. Look, I'm not here to teach you the basics of christianity. If you want to know wtf you are talking about then go research BEFORE your post.

also: muslims just put in jesus for converts.

Thanks

You see this is what people kind of forget.

There is still the bible in old text, in old language. But to "keep with the times"(since no one speaks old english anymore) it has been translated.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Its very painful to read the entire old english bible, as much of the wording is not used too often in modern society. Replacing Thy neighbor with your neighbor isn't too much but it goes a long way in the end.
    There's a difference between different translations and different versions. I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    There's a difference between different translations and different versions. I wouldn't expect you to know that.
    I wouldn't expect you to know that those two can intertwine as well, but lets get to the point:

What you are (hopefully) getting at is the difference between such bibles as the king james and the new international, or likes.
    -I don't know because hey, you are just fucking lazy.
    -------------

The bibles are meant translated to different versions of the already English in order to better express the message of god with the current method of speech.

Such as you don't say "THY NEIGHBOR", it is changed to "your neighbor".

Simple shit like that goes a long way trying to teach the bible to a person who just learned english(like yourself).
    ---------------------------------------

I'm sorry, but this is just kind of funny because this whole thing is that the bible is corrupt when muhammed had pretty obvious ulterior motives for the creation of the quran.

Thanks
    Just like I expected, you wouldn't understand the difference between different translations and different versions. In some of the modern bibles, there are several books that totally missing which were found in the original greek manuscripts. Now translating doesn't get rid of a good chunk of the original.

And don't get so angry. That doesn't help you get anywhere.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengali View Post
    Just like I expected, you wouldn't understand the difference between different translations and different versions. In some of the modern bibles, there are several books that totally missing which were found in the original greek manuscripts. Now translating doesn't get rid of a good chunk of the original.

And don't get so angry. That doesn't help you get anywhere.
    You act as if those books were just on another page and not from an entirely different set of manuscripts.(With quite a bit of time-gap from the originals).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

But sure, post your sources. I'd love to take a look.

(you do have sources right?)
    Last edited by Empire; 08-23-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast