Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
  1. #1
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,706
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    846
    My Mood
    Hot

    Islam vs western world?

    I lmao every time i see the title of this section.
    Why the heck would a religion be against a whole part of the world.
    There are muslims from all over the world, just like there are christians in the middle east.
    So the name of this section should be changed to something else.
    And since when have y'all been beasts of religion so that you could debate in it?

    "“Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.” .”
    I was Martin Johnson

  2. #2
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post

    And since when have y'all been beasts of religion so that you could debate in it?
    Since I got my degree in Theology. Any other questions?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Lehsyrus (02-08-2012)

  4. #3
    porygonzx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Island (Seattle)
    Posts
    974
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    32
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    In my opinion, not all islamists are bad. We have some muslims in our own army. The ones that are labeled bad are the
    RADICAL islamists.
    People need to get it right.

  5. #4
    Bengali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    421
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by porygonzx View Post
    In my opinion, not all islamists are bad. We have some muslims in our own army. The ones that are labeled bad are the
    RADICAL islamists.
    People need to get it right.
    99.9% percent aren't bad. But media puts it the other way around. And 12 yr old kids here, believes what ever they see on TV you know.

  6. #5
    The Rectum Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    75
    Reputation
    16
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by porygonzx View Post
    In my opinion, not all islamists are bad. We have some muslims in our own army. The ones that are labeled bad are the
    RADICAL islamists.
    People need to get it right.
    Problem is, in the Middle East they let radicals run the countries and the armies. Here, we make fun of them on TV.

  7. #6
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    This thread is pointless.

    Muslims get mad that people judge them, yet they are extremely judgmental themselves.
    Clearly you can see that in their social structure. Fundy Muslims look down upon dating/marrying non Muslims.
    In many cases we're talking about banishment from the family.
    Instead of letting "Allah" judge how a woman dresses, they decide to do it instead.

    I have no sympathy for any of them. Maybe if they got their asses out of the stone age and moved with the times I'd have a different opinion.

  8. #7
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    This thread is pointless.

    Muslims get mad that people judge them, yet they are extremely judgmental themselves.
    Clearly you can see that in their social structure. Fundy Muslims look down upon dating/marrying non Muslims.
    In many cases we're talking about banishment from the family.
    Instead of letting "Allah" judge how a woman dresses, they decide to do it instead.

    I have no sympathy for any of them. Maybe if they got their asses out of the stone age and moved with the times I'd have a different opinion.
    Worst part is, there are many instances if a daughter of the family disobeys this and dates someone non-Islamic they will actually kill them.

    The reason many people don't like Islamic people is, yes, for the propaganda put on televisions. Yet people who actually research their religion and Theology, do not like them for what they practice and their beliefs. To be honest, I could care less what someones beliefs are, but when there's a stick big enough in your ass that you'll kick your kids from your family, or even KILL them just because they date someone who isn't from their religion, I tend to dislike them.

  9. #8
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    Worst part is, there are many instances if a daughter of the family disobeys this and dates someone non-Islamic they will actually kill them.

    The reason many people don't like Islamic people is, yes, for the propaganda put on televisions. Yet people who actually research their religion and Theology, do not like them for what they practice and their beliefs. To be honest, I could care less what someones beliefs are, but when there's a stick big enough in your ass that you'll kick your kids from your family, or even KILL them just because they date someone who isn't from their religion, I tend to dislike them.

    I've seen video on the YNC of a father that shot and killed his daughter and her boyfriend while they were in their car.
    She was killed because She was Pakistani and he was Israeli. Pretty Graphic video...made me sick that someone can do that to their own family.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Lehsyrus (02-08-2012)

  11. #9
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Since I got my degree in Theology. Any other questions?
    Uh-huh, uh-huh. Wait WHAT?

    Why in god's name(lol) would you get a degree in theology?


  12. #10
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Uh-huh, uh-huh. Wait WHAT?

    Why in god's name(lol) would you get a degree in theology?
    Eh I was confused at which path I was taking in life.
    Working on my Bachelors in Environmental Science now.

  13. #11
    Threadstarter
    Lift that Shit, or Die Trying
    Premium Member
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,706
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    846
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    This thread is pointless.

    Muslims get mad that people judge them, yet they are extremely judgmental themselves.
    Clearly you can see that in their social structure. Fundy Muslims look down upon dating/marrying non Muslims.
    In many cases we're talking about banishment from the family.
    Instead of letting "Allah" judge how a woman dresses, they decide to do it instead.

    I have no sympathy for any of them. Maybe if they got their asses out of the stone age and moved with the times I'd have a different opinion.
    My sister is a muslim and she has a christian boyfriend -_-
    I don't think my dad killed her :/
    well, i agree with the part were you say they're judgmental.
    And "banishing", "killing" a family member would be done in afghanistan or pakistan..
    I have Egyptian routes.
    In Egypt, guys sag their pants and grow fros.
    Girls wear tight pants and hang out with guys.
    What you're talking about "guy-with-a-degree" is in the extreme areas.
    Im totally against that.

    "“Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.” .”
    I was Martin Johnson

  14. #12
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Johnson View Post


    My sister is a muslim and she has a christian boyfriend -_-
    I don't think my dad killed her :/
    well, i agree with the part were you say they're judgmental.
    And "banishing", "killing" a family member would be done in afghanistan or pakistan..
    I have Egyptian routes.
    In Egypt, guys sag their pants and grow fros.
    Girls wear tight pants and hang out with guys.
    What you're talking about "guy-with-a-degree" is in the extreme areas.
    Im totally against that.

    Egypt..isn't that the place where a bunch of morons decided stirring shit up at a soccer game was more important than human life?
    70+ dead am I right?

    Look, I'm not saying every Muslim is a homicidal maniac.
    I know Muslims that are peaceful, I'm saying it's a fundamentally flawed ideology.
    Christianity and Judaism is too, but I think Islam currently takes the cake for making headlines.
    There is really no clear defining text that states what the correct course of Jihad is..
    That is the main issue. The peaceful Muslims think what there doing is the correct way, and the extremists think their way is right.
    When you take a pretty intolerant culture to begin with, then throw the Quran in the mix it's a recipe for disaster.

  15. #13
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Its not the muslims per se, its the religion they follow.

    I mean you could group muslims into a group of radicals and whatnot. But you could also group every black person to have AIDS or some other stereotype.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    And to anyone who says "the religion is ok, check out this person" Let me remind you that people don't have to follow the religion they choose.


  16. #14
    Threadstarter
    Lift that Shit, or Die Trying
    Premium Member
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,706
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    846
    My Mood
    Hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post



    Egypt..isn't that the place where a bunch of morons decided stirring shit up at a soccer game was more important than human life?
    70+ dead am I right?

    Look, I'm not saying every Muslim is a homicidal maniac.
    I know Muslims that are peaceful, I'm saying it's a fundamentally flawed ideology.
    Christianity and Judaism is too, but I think Islam currently takes the cake for making headlines.
    There is really no clear defining text that states what the correct course of Jihad is..
    That is the main issue. The peaceful Muslims think what there doing is the correct way, and the extremists think their way is right.
    When you take a pretty intolerant culture to begin with, then throw the Quran in the mix it's a recipe for disaster.
    I totally agree with you.
    It's misunderstanding that causes most of the trouble..

    "“Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.” .”
    I was Martin Johnson

  17. #15
    Alalexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    9
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    The football has anything to do with jihaad, that's interesting !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Iran Vs. Western World War
    By porygonzx in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 08:46 PM
  2. Shouldnt be "Islam vs. Western World"
    By Zen in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 11:01 PM
  3. Islam vs Western World
    By Gilcrow in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2010, 04:53 PM
  4. Western World > Islam
    By Gilo in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 08:40 AM
  5. Islam vs Western world? NOT! Western world vs Islam
    By <sniper> in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 03:02 PM