Thread: Is Jesus a God?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 145
  1. #16
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Well, the bible is a conflicting and confusing POS.

    Is Jesus God?

    Some parts say yes, some say no, welcome to the bible.
    All explained in the trinity, hence why it seems conflicting, because you haven't actually read the bible

  2. #17
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    All explained in the trinity, hence why it seems conflicting, because you haven't actually read the bible
    Well that depends if you're Catholic or Orthodox. One of the believes that god and Jesus and the holy spirit are one, one believes they are separate.








     





















  3. #18
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Well that depends if you're Catholic or Orthodox. One of the believes that god and Jesus and the holy spirit are one, one believes they are separate.
    And that's why parsecting religion is so stupid. The Bible has so many verses in it about the Holy Trinity and that Jesus was a part of the Holy Trinity, that there is no contest for it (in religious terms). The first clue is when God says in the Book of Genesis "Let us make man in our image", he doesn't directly say himself.

  4. #19
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    And that's why parsecting religion is so stupid. The Bible has so many verses in it about the Holy Trinity and that Jesus was a part of the Holy Trinity, that there is no contest for it (in religious terms). The first clue is when God says in the Book of Genesis "Let us make man in our image", he doesn't directly say himself.
    Well, a lot of that can also be attributed to different translations. The Bible wasn't originally English, was it?








     





















  5. #20
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Well, a lot of that can also be attributed to different translations. The Bible wasn't originally English, was it?
    The Old Testament was in Hebrew with slight traces of Aramaic, the New Testament was in Greek. Throughout both however even with literal translations the holy trinity remains the same. Those who say different;y are either reading a Bible that has purposely cut out information, or are skipping right over it. Greek and Hebrew are very easy to translate compared to Aramaic, and even then Aramaic is easier to translate then some modern dialects.

  6. #21
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    The Old Testament was in Hebrew with slight traces of Aramaic, the New Testament was in Greek. Throughout both however even with literal translations the holy trinity remains the same. Those who say different;y are either reading a Bible that has purposely cut out information, or are skipping right over it. Greek and Hebrew are very easy to translate compared to Aramaic, and even then Aramaic is easier to translate then some modern dialects.
    I'm Greek, although the language has changed quite a bit in 2,000 years. :S

    My grandma always used to tell me the Greek version was the "correct" version, I guess this is where that thought came from.








     





















  7. #22
    pizza127's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    home
    Posts
    268
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    13
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Demigod*

    And yes, kratos>Allah, Jesus, everyone else.

    he is awsome god dammit!

  8. #23
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Well, a lot of that can also be attributed to different translations. The Bible wasn't originally English, was it?
    Contrary to popular belief, translations rarely lose their meaning. There are quite a few bibles that have notes on translations to the side indicating a more clear text, but its all pretty clear imo.


  9. #24
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, translations rarely lose their meaning. There are quite a few bibles that have notes on translations to the side indicating a more clear text, but its all pretty clear imo.
    Well I was talking about how he quoted:

    "Let us make man in OUR image"

    The OUR could be because of a translation. Oh well, fuck it, it's all a fairy tale anyways. :S








     





















  10. #25
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Well I was talking about how he quoted:

    "Let us make man in OUR image"

    The OUR could be because of a translation. Oh well, fuck it, it's all a fairy tale anyways. :S
    Yeah, at any point the literal-ness or translations are all really what the majority believe any-who.


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

    scotbud123 (04-22-2013)

  12. #26
    Threadstarter
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    @Empire When i answer you , you change the subject lol also in the last days of Muhammad the Qur'an was written is many materials .

    Although Jesus is after Moses about 1000 or 500 years ago , the ppl believed. so it's not about Muhammad after Jesus 600 years ago.
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  13. #27
    shadeyz123123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    32
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Clearly written in a book 600 years after the death of Jesus proves something, clearly.
    You are ignoring what you said, You said that Islam says Jesus doesn't exist.

  14. #28
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by [D]opeDog View Post
    @Empire When i answer you , you change the subject lol also in the last days of Muhammad the Qur'an was written is many materials .

    Although Jesus is after Moses about 1000 or 500 years ago , the ppl believed. so it's not about Muhammad after Jesus 600 years ago.

    The people believed he was the chosen one through the Jewish prophecy. It is not the same issue. Muhammed either changed the "word of god" or he lied. Its that simple. Did god let people believe in Christianity for 600 years before changing his mind? Thats insane. What god would have his people believe in a false Idol for 600 years?

    Muhammed just changed what Jesus was said to have done 600 years later and said its relevant to Islam to get converts. In fact a lot of Islam is cheap convert ploys. They promised slaves freedom, but did not outright ban it, and only applied to Muslims. Making slavery still fine, unless you were a muslim, then it was "sort of" bad.
    -----------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeyz123123 View Post
    You are ignoring what you said, You said that Islam says Jesus doesn't exist.
    And I am correct in saying that. If you change the actions of a persons life in your story, make the entire thing different, then it is not the same person. Its like saying Hitler was just a normal guy and lived in a cottage all WWII instead of being a dictator.

    Islam claims there is a person named Jesus who did all these things. It is clearly not the same Jesus from Christianity.

    Its re-writing a religion for personal gain. Really fucking obvious honestly.


  15. #29
    Threadstarter
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Premium Member
    Frought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In the dark island
    Posts
    3,399
    Reputation
    156
    Thanks
    5,950
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post



    The people believed he was the chosen one through the Jewish prophecy. It is not the same issue. Muhammed either changed the "word of god" or he lied. Its that simple. Did god let people believe in Christianity for 600 years before changing his mind? Thats insane. What god would have his people believe in a false Idol for 600 years?

    Muhammed just changed what Jesus was said to have done 600 years later and said its relevant to Islam to get converts. In fact a lot of Islam is cheap convert ploys. They promised slaves freedom, but did not outright ban it, and only applied to Muslims. Making slavery still fine, unless you were a muslim, then it was "sort of" bad.
    -----------------------------


    And I am correct in saying that. If you change the actions of a persons life in your story, make the entire thing different, then it is not the same person. Its like saying Hitler was just a normal guy and lived in a cottage all WWII instead of being a dictator.

    Islam claims there is a person named Jesus who did all these things. It is clearly not the same Jesus from Christianity.

    Its re-writing a religion for personal gain. Really fucking obvious honestly.
    Well my friends this is wrong , You guys say Jesus is god or son of god then how he's born from a human (Mariam , Marry) idiot thinking.

    Why the god or son of god come to earth to tell that he is the god or something like that and didn't do it by something strange without coming to earth.

    Why the god or son of god die and he's able to kill anyone?

    And again you changed the subject we were talking about there's no difference between 600 year after Jesus or even 700 years.


    ---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post



    The people believed he was the chosen one through the Jewish prophecy. It is not the same issue. Muhammed either changed the "word of god" or he lied. Its that simple. Did god let people believe in Christianity for 600 years before changing his mind? Thats insane. What god would have his people believe in a false Idol for 600 years?

    Muhammed just changed what Jesus was said to have done 600 years later and said its relevant to Islam to get converts. In fact a lot of Islam is cheap convert ploys. They promised slaves freedom, but did not outright ban it, and only applied to Muslims. Making slavery still fine, unless you were a muslim, then it was "sort of" bad.
    -----------------------------


    And I am correct in saying that. If you change the actions of a persons life in your story, make the entire thing different, then it is not the same person. Its like saying Hitler was just a normal guy and lived in a cottage all WWII instead of being a dictator.

    Islam claims there is a person named Jesus who did all these things. It is clearly not the same Jesus from Christianity.

    Its re-writing a religion for personal gain. Really fucking obvious honestly.
    You're like Mohammed Morsi , Saying something and then do another thing.

    How the fuck Islam says that he doesn't exist and we all believe that he exist until the resurrection day and that is written in Qur'an you're clearly knows no thing about what you're talking .
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

    -Albert Einstein



  16. #30
    shadeyz123123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    32
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    And I am correct in saying that. If you change the actions of a persons life in your story, make the entire thing different, then it is not the same person. Its like saying Hitler was just a normal guy and lived in a cottage all WWII instead of being a dictator.

    Islam claims there is a person named Jesus who did all these things. It is clearly not the same Jesus from Christianity.

    Its re-writing a religion for personal gain. Really fucking obvious honestly.
    It's actually him, and It's telling the story of the people that believed in him, Think It's easy cause it was written AFTER 550 years?, well that's Islam, and If you don't believe in it then you don't need to bother and come over here and debating about something you don't even believe in it.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. There is no GOD, JESUS, HELL, HEAVEN...
    By ilovehacks123123 in forum Religion
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 09:48 PM
  2. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 03:20 PM
  3. Jesus and God enemies
    By RedSpot in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 10:47 PM
  4. GOD BLESS JESUS! HE KNOWS THE WAY!
    By Oneirish in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 05:38 PM
  5. GunZ God Mod
    By Brunogol in forum Gunz Hacks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 10:09 PM