Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 82
  1. #31
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    Glad that's cleared up. You don't want to believe in God but you ask for proof for God. Yh I am not going to waste my time here. There is proof for one who wishes to see it.
    You really shouldn't be here if your entire argument is "you don't want to believe in god".


    Hey robin, you don't believe in Hinduism because you don't want to. Hinduism is true. You just don't want to believe in it.
    -See how stupid that argument is?


  2. #32
    robinvanpersie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    443
    Reputation
    57
    Thanks
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    You really shouldn't be here if your entire argument is "you don't want to believe in god".


    Hey robin, you don't believe in Hinduism because you don't want to. Hinduism is true. You just don't want to believe in it.
    -See how stupid that argument is?
    I don't believe in Hinduism again for the same simple basic reason for other religions you mentioned: no one has seen God so any image of God is man made, therefore it is a man made religion.

    You made a thread asking to prove Islam is the truth when you don't want to believe in God. See how stupid this thread is? You said you didn't want to believe in God in your previous post.

  3. #33
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    I don't believe in Hinduism again for the same simple basic reason for other religions you mentioned: no one has seen God so any image of God is man made, therefore it is a man made religion.

    You made a thread asking to prove Islam is the truth when you don't want to believe in God. See how stupid this thread is? You said you didn't want to believe in God in your previous post.
    So you don't find the argument of Hinduism convincing.

    And I don't believe in Islam because none of the arguments are convincing.

    You have yet to post a convincing argument. So far all you've done is repeat yourself with "you just don't want to believe."
    ----------


    So i'll repeat myself: You just don't want to believe in hinduism. The truth is there, you just have to want to believe.
    Last edited by Empire; 11-04-2014 at 06:41 PM.


  4. #34
    robinvanpersie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    443
    Reputation
    57
    Thanks
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    So you don't find the argument of Hinduism convincing.

    And I don't believe in Islam because none of the arguments are convincing.

    You have yet to post a convincing argument. So far all you've done is repeat yourself with "you just don't want to believe."
    ----------


    So i'll repeat myself: You just don't want to believe in hinduism. The truth is there, you just have to want to believe.
    I gave you my reason: no one has seen God so any image of God is man made, therefore it is a man made religion.

    You don't want to believe in God so the overwhelming proof for God will never be enough for you. Therefore I am not going to waste my time explaining it to you.

  5. #35
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    I gave you my reason: no one has seen God so any image of God is man made, therefore it is a man made religion.

    You don't want to believe in God so the overwhelming proof for God will never be enough for you. Therefore I am not going to waste my time explaining it to you.
    Ok lets see if I can rephrase this so your low reading comprehension can pick it up.


    You don't believe in X because of Y reasons.*(pick anything. It can be leprachauns, fairies, or hinduism. Whatever you don't believe in).

    Now I come along and tell you "You just don't believe in X because you don't want to believe". Now this is again, for anything you don't believe in. It's not for religion alone, but for anything.

    Of course, you respond with "No, I don't believe in X for Y reasons."



    Now in this scenario:

    You can substitute X for Islam
    You can substitute X for Hinduism
    You can substitute X for Fairies
    You can substitute X for Christianity
    You can substitute X for Zeus
    You can substitute X for Leprachauns
    You can substitute X for Unicorns.


    So yeah, your argument of "you just don't want to believe" is bullshit and I can use it against you.


  6. #36
    robinvanpersie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    443
    Reputation
    57
    Thanks
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    Ok lets see if I can rephrase this so your low reading comprehension can pick it up.


    You don't believe in X because of Y reasons.*(pick anything. It can be leprachauns, fairies, or hinduism. Whatever you don't believe in).

    Now I come along and tell you "You just don't believe in X because you don't want to believe". Now this is again, for anything you don't believe in. It's not for religion alone, but for anything.

    Of course, you respond with "No, I don't believe in X for Y reasons."



    Now in this scenario:

    You can substitute X for Islam
    You can substitute X for Hinduism
    You can substitute X for Fairies
    You can substitute X for Christianity
    You can substitute X for Zeus
    You can substitute X for Leprachauns
    You can substitute X for Unicorns.


    So yeah, your argument of "you just don't want to believe" is bullshit and I can use it against you.
    I am basing it on what you told me:
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    I'll judge whether you truly want to believe in God if you answer this question truthfully, then I'll post some logical arguments for why I believe in God:
    Now you are probably asking how can I find this proof? Before you find it, you have ask yourself a very important question. Do you actually want to believe in God? This may sound simple, but have a deep think. When someone makes an argument for God, does it make you want to read and understand what he is saying, or does it make you annoyed and angry? Is the thoughts in your head trying to help you understand, or is the first thing you think about a counter argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Well I don't really care if you want to judge w/e. It's your choice if you want to provide an argument for your belief or not.
    That's more than one question tho....


    Actually no. I'm not asking how anymore. I've already searched pretty much every available route. You want to tell me there is some secret cave in Antartica, then you better have something to prove it to me first.




    Does it really matter if I do? Surely god's existence is not based upon my wanting or not. I do not believe narwhals exist simply because I "wanted to believe" they do, nor do I believe anything exist simply from my want. Now I may want X thing to be true, but that does not make it true nor does I have any impact on it being true.


    That's called a false dichotomy. Generally neither. I just like to see if the argument for god can get through even halfway without using a major fallacy. It's entertaining to watch people try and prove something backwards.



    Well that's a bit of a dishonest question. If I presented you an argument for Hinduism, the first thing that pops up is a counter argument, right? You don't even bother to try and understand it, you just deny it because it uses an improper argument.

    The only difference between atheism and Islam in this is that atheism takes the millions of gods, and just adds yours to the pile of "not proven".
    Does that sound like a person who wants to believe in God? Is it worth wasting time explaining anything to him?
    Science is learning about the creation, Islam is learning about the creator.

    Alif, Lam, Meem. - 2:1 Quran
    This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

  7. #37
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    I am basing it on what you told me:



    Does that sound like a person who wants to believe in God? Is it worth wasting time explaining anything to him?
    Like I said before. If you don't want to put an argument for your god, to convince people of Islam(hence the thread), then you really shouldn't post.

    I'm willing to listen to your argument. But if you argument is "you just don't want to believe", then I have to admit you really shouldn't be posting here
    (you are giving Islam a bad name).
    ---------

    Also for as much as you copy-paste your arguments i'm surprised you even bothered to say its a "waste of your time".

    If you don't want to convince anyone of your religion, just say so.
    Last edited by Empire; 11-05-2014 at 04:04 PM.


  8. #38
    robinvanpersie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    443
    Reputation
    57
    Thanks
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Like I said before. If you don't want to put an argument for your god, to convince people of Islam(hence the thread), then you really shouldn't post.

    I'm willing to listen to your argument. But if you argument is "you just don't want to believe", then I have to admit you really shouldn't be posting here
    (you are giving Islam a bad name).
    ---------

    Also for as much as you copy-paste your arguments i'm surprised you even bothered to say its a "waste of your time".

    If you don't want to convince anyone of your religion, just say so.
    There is only one God, no such thing as my God, his God or her God. Don't worry I am going to keep on posting.

    No you are not willing to listen. That is another lie, this is what you said: "I've already searched pretty much every available route." Something a typical ignorant person would say.

    I'll answer questions from other members who want to learn, you already know everything so why waste time explaining anything to you.

  9. #39
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    There is only one God, no such thing as my God, his God or her God. Don't worry I am going to keep on posting.

    No you are not willing to listen. That is another lie, this is what you said: "I've already searched pretty much every available route." Something a typical ignorant person would say.

    I'll answer questions from other members who want to learn, you already know everything so why waste time explaining anything to you.
    Great, since you say there is only one, please prove it.

    I've already read the quran, researched islam. I've done this for every major world religion to. You wan to assert that I'm ignorant, fine. Show me an argument I can't pick apart.

    It's not that you'd be wasting my time, it's that the next guy who ask you "why should I believe in Islam" is going to get the same response from you, then you will refuse to actually provide a good reason to believe in Islam.


  10. #40
    robinvanpersie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    443
    Reputation
    57
    Thanks
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Great, since you say there is only one, please prove it.

    I've already read the quran, researched islam. I've done this for every major world religion to. You wan to assert that I'm ignorant, fine. Show me an argument I can't pick apart.

    It's not that you'd be wasting my time, it's that the next guy who ask you "why should I believe in Islam" is going to get the same response from you, then you will refuse to actually provide a good reason to believe in Islam.
    I'll do it once you are wise enough and want to understand belief in God.

    Stop lying.

    Why do you care? I'll do the same thing. Look at their approach and whether they want to really believe in Islam. If they do then I'll help them.
    Science is learning about the creation, Islam is learning about the creator.

    Alif, Lam, Meem. - 2:1 Quran
    This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

  11. #41
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    I'll do it once you are wise enough and want to understand belief in God.

    Stop lying.

    Why do you care? I'll do the same thing. Look at their approach and whether they want to really believe in Islam. If they do then I'll help them.
    :/ If you don't want to argue for your religion just say so.

    Attacking every person instead of arguing for your religion isn't going to convince anyone of your religion.
    Last edited by Empire; 11-08-2014 at 01:11 PM.


  12. #42
    robinvanpersie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    443
    Reputation
    57
    Thanks
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    :/ If you don't want to argue for your religion just say so.

    Attacking every person instead of arguing for your religion isn't going to convince anyone of your religion.
    I don't need to argue for my religion. Thousands of people in the west who actually want proof for God are receiving it and are converting to Islam. I personally try to inform those who have genuine questions. The truth will always prevail.
    Science is learning about the creation, Islam is learning about the creator.

    Alif, Lam, Meem. - 2:1 Quran
    This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah(God) - 2:2 Quran
    Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them, - 2:3 Quran
    And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith]. - 2:4 Quran
    Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful. - 2:5 Quran
    Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. - 2:6 Quran

  13. #43
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    I don't need to argue for my religion. Thousands of people in the west who actually want proof for God are receiving it and are converting to Islam. I personally try to inform those who have genuine questions. The truth will always prevail.
    :/ So basically you'll just throw out propaganda whenever you can.

    (man i should really just moderate this section)


  14. #44
    robinvanpersie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    443
    Reputation
    57
    Thanks
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    :/ So basically you'll just throw out propaganda whenever you can.

    (man i should really just moderate this section)
    No counter argument. Claim it is propaganda.

  15. #45
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by robinvanpersie View Post
    No counter argument. Claim it is propaganda.
    You aren't even putting out an argument. I can't counter what isn't there.


Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The truth about islam
    By pedbera in forum Religion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 02:52 PM
  2. Islam is the truth - Ahmed Deedat
    By Matroix73 in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 12:20 AM
  3. Finally some 1 that tells the truth
    By S|W|P in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 12:42 PM
  4. THe truth is that...
    By OO7 in forum General
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 01:46 AM
  5. the truth about hardware bans
    By prox32 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 10:52 AM