Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
  1. #31
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by cole32547 View Post
    Saudi Arabia is a modern country, but it doesn't represent the whole. For the Majority of Middle eastern countries, Democracy would fail at this point. Modernization and reform is needed ,i believe, For these countries to adopt a more stable ,structured, system. But, its not as if the people living in these countries don't understand that their society is not at a position to adopt Democracy due to having an unstable structure. Where i have lived, people understood this, they weren't happy about it, but they understood it. And about the oil thing, maybe it will ruin them maybe not, it is entirely up to them. Possibly the reduction in fossil fuel use will give them cause for a big change that will improve their general comfort of living, maybe it will ruin them and comfort of living will decrease, or maybe they'll find a way to keep going on as they have been. I can't say. And please no one say that these countries do have a stable structured system, because when, in the majority of these countries, you have people living in fear of turning on their car, driving down the street, going to sleep to gunshots and bombings, and the many random killings they have on the streets every day and every night from bored soldiers sitting on rooftops. Then their is no stability, and no structure, what so ever.
    USA is a prime example, it pretty much what you're say, USA have more crimes in the world, even by population standard, Japan have the lowest crime and it have no armed forces but a tiny defense force and bases from the USA, it police forces are small yet does not show much toward the nation.

    The reason why is their culture of shaming their family, if you ever been in Israel. I've been in a conflict once, I've been there when the rockets was being shelled at us, therefore. Unless you have been there, then you don't know.

    And again, you're wrong, USA have a stable structure, you do not see a civil war, Germany, Poland, Russia, Israel, Saudia Arabia, and even a prime example is China.

    They all have stable government and stable people, true. There is fear, everyone have them. Also, democracy can be done, there is a old saying.

    "People should not be scared of the government, as the government feared the people." The people control the nation/empire, not the government."

    Also, a change in the government will depends, in USA you came from a Federal Goverment, to a Reform Government. In Germany 1933-1946, they became an Empire, to a Facist State, to a democratic/communist state (counting West and East Germany 1946-1989)

  2. #32
    cole32547's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    65
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Doh
    Yeah i said earlier, ive been in the military environment most of my life, so i have lived many places, the majority being in the middle east, which is why i made the claim talking about going to sleep to gun shots and bombings right down the street it sounds like, and when you're walking down the street you have to worry about trigger happy and excited young recruits into the street soldier ranks, and the US, and was only recently sent back to the US a year ago. And Yes, the US has the most crimes population wise. But many of these crimes don't affect a population of more than a few people, and the majority aren't even violent. While in the middle east these crimes do affect the larger population, are more often than not violent, and they decrease the standard of living in those countries. And i agree with you that the presence of such a large armed forces increases crime rate and , in my opinion, it not only increases the availability of weapons to the general population but it takes the young kids off from the real low down environment's, they already have that feeling of invincibility that most young adults have, and then puts a gun in their hand, which boosts that " i cant die, not me" sense, and then sets them back out on the street, where more likely than not, they now have a passion for guns and the power they give them. Which spreads to others, and the reason that violence goes up with this as well, is that it makes killing someone so easy, almost unreal when you do it from a distance, so it reduces the sense of consequence and remorse extremely. But damn i got off topic, anyways, and yes i agree with you that democracy CAN be done, and i agree with you that its the choice of the people of the country, but i believe that most people aren't ready for it yet.

    You said something about the civil war and structuring,

    during the civil war the U.S was not stable whatsoever, after the war, it increased structure and stability greatly. So maybe the middle east will get through this war, possibly with decreasing fossil fuel necessity being a boost, and if the U.S stops trying to shove democracy down their throats, they will adopt a modified version of how the run things now, and things will start to run smoothly again after a few years and eventually possibly switch over to democracy on their own. One problem standing in their way i believe is the U.S and its whole "God" ego going on. Solve everything Fix everything, the problem with that is that if we involve ourselves to much we become a crutch to the nation/nations we are trying to help.

    Sorry if i strayed from what you were saying but i had difficulty understanding everything in your post.
    ----------------


    -------


    Cpt. America
    -------


    captain america
    -------

  3. #33
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by cole32547 View Post
    Yeah i said earlier, ive been in the military environment most of my life, so i have lived many places, the majority being in the middle east, which is why i made the claim talking about going to sleep to gun shots and bombings right down the street it sounds like, and when you're walking down the street you have to worry about trigger happy and excited young recruits into the street soldier ranks, and the US, and was only recently sent back to the US a year ago. And Yes, the US has the most crimes population wise. But many of these crimes don't affect a population of more than a few people, and the majority aren't even violent. While in the middle east these crimes do affect the larger population, are more often than not violent, and they decrease the standard of living in those countries. And i agree with you that the presence of such a large armed forces increases crime rate and , in my opinion, it not only increases the availability of weapons to the general population but it takes the young kids off from the real low down environment's, they already have that feeling of invincibility that most young adults have, and then puts a gun in their hand, which boosts that " i cant die, not me" sense, and then sets them back out on the street, where more likely than not, they now have a passion for guns and the power they give them. Which spreads to others, and the reason that violence goes up with this as well, is that it makes killing someone so easy, almost unreal when you do it from a distance, so it reduces the sense of consequence and remorse extremely. But damn i got off topic, anyways, and yes i agree with you that democracy CAN be done, and i agree with you that its the choice of the people of the country, but i believe that most people aren't ready for it yet.

    You said something about the civil war and structuring,

    during the civil war the U.S was not stable whatsoever, after the war, it increased structure and stability greatly. So maybe the middle east will get through this war, possibly with decreasing fossil fuel necessity being a boost, and if the U.S stops trying to shove democracy down their throats, they will adopt a modified version of how the run things now, and things will start to run smoothly again after a few years and eventually possibly switch over to democracy on their own. One problem standing in their way i believe is the U.S and its whole "God" ego going on. Solve everything Fix everything, the problem with that is that if we involve ourselves to much we become a crutch to the nation/nations we are trying to help.

    Sorry if i strayed from what you were saying but i had difficulty understanding everything in your post.
    Acutally, you made a flaw, it was not 'USA' it was called Union States and the South, Confederacy because the nation was split and therefore not USA anymore. The American Civil War, would create a new nation if the CSA won or the same if the Union won.

    The North was very stable during the Civil War, it manages to keep it population in check, keep the rebels from taking the capital twice, and manages to rebuilt the South quickly after the Civil War, the government was just fine and so was its people.

    The rest you said, I agree.
    Last edited by Mouzie; 11-09-2009 at 10:32 PM.

  4. #34
    cole32547's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    65
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Doh
    Oh yeah, you're right, thanks for correcting me.
    ----------------


    -------


    Cpt. America
    -------


    captain america
    -------

  5. #35
    Raikan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock80s View Post
    DONT READ THIS GARBAGE
    Muslim will always be garbage and killers
    you want read about killing innocent people?
    That's TERRORISTs... Dont know how to compare ??? lol

  6. #36
    عربى's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    87
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Bored
    السلام عليكم شكرا لك أخى شكلك مصرى ^^


    "With great power comes great responsibility"

  7. #37
    Hardrock80s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ISRAEL
    Posts
    54
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by عربى View Post
    السلام عليكم شكرا لك أخى شكلك مصرى ^^
    Translate:
    Killing People is The Law of the Islam

  8. #38
    dannysaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Tel Aviv ,Israel
    Posts
    30
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Devilish
    لماذا أنت الكتابة باللغة العربية؟ هذا البوسطة!
    Peace ,we need peace
    السلام ، ونحن بحاجة للسلام
    שלום, אנחנו צריכים שלום

    http://www.life.com/image/71500860
    WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW 15th artilhery command!wowwwww











  9. #39
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysaster View Post
    لماذا أنت الكتابة باللغة العربية؟ هذا البوسطة!
    "Allah likes small boy-anus."
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  10. #40
    عربى's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    87
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Bored
    FK FK FK FK ISRAEL WHO KILL CHILDREN


    "With great power comes great responsibility"

  11. #41
    fatcat911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    55
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by gunddam View Post
    30 facts about ISLAM

    1) "Islam" means "peace through the submission to God".

    2) "Muslim" means "anyone or anything that submits itself to the will of God".

    3) Islam is not a cult. Its followers number over 1.5 billion worldwide. Along with Judaism and Christianity, it is considered to be one of the three Abrahamic traditions.

    4) There are five pillars of practice in Islam. These practices must be undertaken with the best of effort in order to be considered a true Muslim: A) Shahadah - declaration of faith in the oneness of God and that Muhammad is the last prophet of God. B) Formal prayer five times a day. C) Fasting during the daylight hours in the month of Ramadan. D) Poor-due "tax" - 2.5% of one's savings given to the needy at the end of each year. E) Pilgrimage to Mecca at least once, if physically and financially able.

    5) There are six articles of faith in Islam. These are the basic beliefs that one must have in order to be considered a true Muslim. They are belief in: A) the One God. B) all the prophets of God. C) the original scriptures revealed to Prophets Moses, David, Jesus, and Muhammad. D) the angels. E) the Day of Judgment and the Hereafter. F) the divine decree (or destiny).

    6) Islam is a complete way of life that governs all facets of life: moral, spiritual, social, political, economical, intellectual, etc.

    7) Islam is one of the fastest growing religions in the world. To become Muslim, a person of any race or culture must say a simple statement, the shahadah, that bears witness to the belief in the One God and that Prophet Muhammad was the last prophet of God.

    8) "Allah" is an Arabic word that means "God". Muslims also believe that "Allah" is the personal name of God.

    9) Allah is not the God of Muslims only. He is the God of all people and all creation. Just because people refer to God using different terms does not mean that they are different gods. Spanish people refer to God as "Dios" and French people refer to God as "Dieu", yet they are all the same God. Interestingly, most Arab Jews and Arab Christians refer to God as "Allah". And the word Allah in Arabic appears on the walls of many Arab churches.

    10) The Islamic concept of God is that He is loving, merciful, and compassionate. But Islam also teaches that He is just and swift in punishment. Nevertheless, Allah once said to Prophet Muhammad, "My mercy prevails over my wrath." Islam teaches a balance between fear and hope, protecting one from both complacency and despair.

    11) Muslims believe that God has revealed 99 of His names (or attributes) in the Holy Qur'an. It is through these names that one can come to know the Creator. A few of these names are: the All-Merciful, the All-Knower, the Protector, the Provider, the Near, the First, the Last, the Hidden, and the Source of Peace.

    12) Muslims believe in and acknowledge all the prophets of old, from Adam to Jesus. Muslims believe that they brought the message of peace and submission (islam) to different peoples at different times. Muslims also believe that these prophets were "muslims" because they submitted their wills to God.

    13) Muslims neither worship Muhammad nor pray through him. Muslims solely worship the unseen and Omniscient Creator, Allah.

    14) Muslims accept the original unaltered Torah (the Gospel of Moses) and the original Bible (the Gospel of Jesus) since they were revealed by God. However, none of those original scriptures are in existence today, in their entirety. Therefore, Muslims follow the subsequent, final, and preserved revelation of God, the Holy Qur'an.

    15) The Holy Qur'an was not authored by Muhammad. It was authored by God, revealed to Muhammad, and written into physical form by his companions.

    16) The Holy Qur'an has no flaws or contradictions. The original Arabic scriptures have never been changed or tampered with.

    17) Actual seventh century Qur'ans, complete and intact, are on display in museums in Turkey and many other places around the world.

    18) If all Qur'ans in the world today were burned and destroyed, the original Arabic would still remain. This is because millions of Muslims, called Hafiz (or "preservers") have memorized the text letter for letter from beginning to end, every word and syllable. Also, chapters from the Qur'an are precisely recited from memory by every Muslim in each of the five daily prayers.

    19) Muslims do not believe in the concept of "vicarious atonement" but rather believe in the law of personal responsibility. Islam teaches that each person is responsible for his or her own actions. On the Day of Judgment Muslims believe that every person will be resurrected and will have to answer to God for their every word, thought, and deed. Consequently, a practicing Muslim is always striving to be righteous.

    20) Islam was not spread by the sword. It was spread by the word (Islamic teachings) and the example of its followers. Islam teaches that there is no compulsion in religion (the Holy Qur'an 2:256 and 10:99).

    21) Terrorism, unjustified violence and the killing of innocent people are absolutely forbidden in Islam. Islam is a way of life that is meant to bring peace to a society, whether its people are Muslim or not. The extreme actions of those who claim to be Muslim may be, among other things, a result of their ignorance or uncontrolled anger. Tyrant rulers and those who commit acts of terrorism in the name of Islam are simply not following Islam. These people are individuals with their own views and political agendas. Fanatical Muslims are no more representative of the true Islamic teachings than Timothy McVeigh or David Koresh are of Christianity. Extremism and fanaticism is a problem that is common to all religious groups. Anyone who thinks that all Muslims are terrorists should remember that the famous boxer Muhammad Ali, perhaps the most celebrated person of our era, is a practicing Muslim.

    22) The word "jihad" does not mean "holy war". Instead, it means the inner struggle that one endures in trying to submit their will to the will of God. Some Muslims may say they are going for "jihad" when fighting in a war to defend themselves or their fellow Muslims, but they only say this because they are conceding that it will be a tremendous struggle. But there are many other forms of jihad which are more relevant to the everyday life of a Muslim such as the struggles against laziness, arrogance, stinginess, or the struggle against a tyrant ruler or against the temptation of Satan, or against one's own ego, etc.

    23) Women are not oppressed in Islam. Any Muslim man that oppresses a woman is not following Islam. Among the many teachings of Prophet Muhammad that protected the rights and dignity of women is his saying, "...the best among you are those who treat their wives well." (Tirmidhi)

    24) Islam grants women numerous rights in the home and in society. Among them are the right to earn money, to financial support, to an education, to an inheritance, to being treated kindly, to vote, to a dowry, to keep their maiden name, to worship in a mosque, etc., etc.

    25) Muslim women wear the head-covering (hijab) in fulfillment of God's decree to dress modestly. From a practical standpoint, it serves to identify one as attempting to follow God in daily life and, therefore, protects women from unwanted advances from men. This type of modest dress has been worn by righteous women throughout history. Prominent examples are traditional Catholic Nuns, Mother Teresa and the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus.

    26) Arranged marriages are allowed in Islam but are not required. Whereas "forced" marriages, usually stemming from cultural practice, are forbidden. Divorce is permissible, however, reconciliation is what is most encouraged. But if there are irreconcilable differences then Islam permits a fair and just divorce.

    27) Islam and the "Nation of Islam" are two different religions. Islam is a religion for all races and enjoins the worship of the one unseen God who, orthodox Muslims believe, never took human form. The "Nation", on the other hand, is a movement geared towards non-whites and teaches that God appeared in the form of Fard Muhammad in 1930 and that Elijah Muhammad (a man who died in 1975) was a prophet of God. These beliefs clearly contradict the basic Islamic theology outlined in the Qur'an. The followers of "the Nation" adhere to some Islamic principles that are mixed with many other teachings that are alien to Islam. To better understand the difference between the two, read about Malcolm X, his pilgrimage to Mecca and his subsequent comments to the media. Islam teaches equality amongst all the races (Holy Qur'an 49:13).

    28) All Muslims are not Arab. Islam is a universal religion and way of life which includes followers from all races of people. There are Muslims in and from virtually every country in the world. Arabs only constitute about 20% of Muslims worldwide. Indonesia has the largest concentration of Muslims with over 120 million.

    29) In the five daily prayers, Muslims face the Kaaba in Mecca, Arabia. It is a cube-shaped stone structure that was originally built by Prophet Adam and later rebuilt by Prophet Abraham. Muslims believe that the Kaaba was the first house of worship on Earth dedicated to the worship of one god. Muslims do not worship the Kaaba. It serves as a central focal point for Muslims around the world, unifying them in worship and symbolizing their common belief, spiritual focus and direction. Interestingly, the inside of the Kaaba is empty.

    30) The hajj is a simultaneous pilgrimage to the Kaaba made by millions of Muslims each year. It is performed to commemorate the struggles of Abraham, Ismail and Hagar in submitting their wills to God.


    take only 5 mins to hear these words

    YouTube - A Girl Converted To ISLAM
    YouTube - What is Islam?


    </title> <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> <style type="text/css"> </style> <title>
    IslamicFinder: Accurate Prayer Times, Athan (Azan), Mosques (Masjids), Islamic Center, Muslim Owned Businesses, Hijri Calendar, Islamic Directory worldwide.

    this is enough to persuade anyone about the fact of ISLAM ...it's fast growing religion

    as you hear talks of people _of you_ after converting to ISLAM

    YouTube - Nicole Queen: Converts after seeing Youtube videos on Islam

    No wonder that the greeting of Islam is
    ":Peace and mercy of God be upon you:"

    So there's no link between Islam and terrorism

    Because of one of the names of Allah is -peace-. So, Islam is a religion of peace free from violence

    In this sense we would have great respect to all religions. because it is from God ..

    Do not rush to judge Islam. For you someday will be a Muslim

    as a lot of people converted to ISLAM

    They discovered the sweetness of faith in their hearts
    I wish you the instance
    The line "Do not rush to judge Islam. For you someday will be a Muslim"

    would probably be considered a threat.

    peaceful people don't threaten.

    I know DAMN WELL I WILL NEVER BE AN ISLAM

    IF YOU TIE ME DOWN AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF ME I WOULDNT CONVERT

    YOU CAN FUCK ME SIDEWAYS WITH A LUNCHBOX AND I WOULDNT CONVERT

    I can guarantee you i wont be an islamic terrorist.

    I would rather be dead then Islamic.

  12. #42
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat911 View Post
    The line "Do not rush to judge Islam. For you someday will be a Muslim"

    would probably be considered a threat.

    peaceful people don't threaten.

    I know DAMN WELL I WILL NEVER BE AN ISLAM

    IF YOU TIE ME DOWN AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF ME I WOULDNT CONVERT

    YOU CAN FUCK ME SIDEWAYS WITH A LUNCHBOX AND I WOULDNT CONVERT

    I can guarantee you i wont be an islamic terrorist.

    I would rather be dead then Islamic.

    "I would rather be dead then Muslim."
    But we get it.
    If muslims take over the world I'd have no problem saying I believe in their smelly brown god. I'd rather pretend to following a silly superstitious religion then be dead
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paroxysm For This Useful Post:

    blader123 (01-05-2010)

  14. #43
    KAHAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    "I would rather be dead then Muslim."
    But we get it.
    If muslims take over the world I'd have no problem saying I believe in their smelly brown god. I'd rather pretend to following a silly superstitious religion then be dead
    may god give u guidence my friend.

  15. #44
    gunddam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ★★
    Posts
    27
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    7
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Exclamation

    im back to use hacks ... cuz i failed to face game hackers !!

    and about this thread .. I saw many replies ..

    first i like LIZ replies .. cuz it based on Neutrality ..

    then I swear that the world takes an incorrect idea about Islam

    AND HERE ANSWERS OF YOUR QUESTIONS ??!!

    Uh ... Middle East less progress, but that because of the occupation and war at home over the years ... History is witness to that

    This proves that the Muslim world is peaceful!!!

    --------------------------------------------------------------
    I will not answer any response from the israeli
    CUZ
    They say we are terrorists .... they fighting unarmed people using heavy armor ?!!
    and When we try to recover any of our rights,they call us terrorists!!!

    SO i advise them to stop talking here !!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

    in this thread im trying to tell MPGH ppl the true face of ISLAM ..

    READ ..READ about islam ..You will feel tranquil !!

    be wise !! NO MUSLIM CONVERT BUT OTHERS DO !!

    its ur turn

    "What was taken by force, can only be restored by force."

    Gamal Abdel Nasser EgYpT 6 october 1973

  16. #45
    blader123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Syria,The Netherlands
    Posts
    155
    Reputation
    -6
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by gunddam View Post
    30 facts about ISLAM

    1) "Islam" means "peace through the submission to God".

    2) "Muslim" means "anyone or anything that submits itself to the will of God".

    3) Islam is not a cult. Its followers number over 1.5 billion worldwide. Along with Judaism and Christianity, it is considered to be one of the three Abrahamic traditions.

    4) There are five pillars of practice in Islam. These practices must be undertaken with the best of effort in order to be considered a true Muslim: A) Shahadah - declaration of faith in the oneness of God and that Muhammad is the last prophet of God. B) Formal prayer five times a day. C) Fasting during the daylight hours in the month of Ramadan. D) Poor-due "tax" - 2.5% of one's savings given to the needy at the end of each year. E) Pilgrimage to Mecca at least once, if physically and financially able.

    5) There are six articles of faith in Islam. These are the basic beliefs that one must have in order to be considered a true Muslim. They are belief in: A) the One God. B) all the prophets of God. C) the original scriptures revealed to Prophets Moses, David, Jesus, and Muhammad. D) the angels. E) the Day of Judgment and the Hereafter. F) the divine decree (or destiny).

    6) Islam is a complete way of life that governs all facets of life: moral, spiritual, social, political, economical, intellectual, etc.

    7) Islam is one of the fastest growing religions in the world. To become Muslim, a person of any race or culture must say a simple statement, the shahadah, that bears witness to the belief in the One God and that Prophet Muhammad was the last prophet of God.

    8) "Allah" is an Arabic word that means "God". Muslims also believe that "Allah" is the personal name of God.

    9) Allah is not the God of Muslims only. He is the God of all people and all creation. Just because people refer to God using different terms does not mean that they are different gods. Spanish people refer to God as "Dios" and French people refer to God as "Dieu", yet they are all the same God. Interestingly, most Arab Jews and Arab Christians refer to God as "Allah". And the word Allah in Arabic appears on the walls of many Arab churches.

    10) The Islamic concept of God is that He is loving, merciful, and compassionate. But Islam also teaches that He is just and swift in punishment. Nevertheless, Allah once said to Prophet Muhammad, "My mercy prevails over my wrath." Islam teaches a balance between fear and hope, protecting one from both complacency and despair.

    11) Muslims believe that God has revealed 99 of His names (or attributes) in the Holy Qur'an. It is through these names that one can come to know the Creator. A few of these names are: the All-Merciful, the All-Knower, the Protector, the Provider, the Near, the First, the Last, the Hidden, and the Source of Peace.

    12) Muslims believe in and acknowledge all the prophets of old, from Adam to Jesus. Muslims believe that they brought the message of peace and submission (islam) to different peoples at different times. Muslims also believe that these prophets were "muslims" because they submitted their wills to God.

    13) Muslims neither worship Muhammad nor pray through him. Muslims solely worship the unseen and Omniscient Creator, Allah.

    14) Muslims accept the original unaltered Torah (the Gospel of Moses) and the original Bible (the Gospel of Jesus) since they were revealed by God. However, none of those original scriptures are in existence today, in their entirety. Therefore, Muslims follow the subsequent, final, and preserved revelation of God, the Holy Qur'an.

    15) The Holy Qur'an was not authored by Muhammad. It was authored by God, revealed to Muhammad, and written into physical form by his companions.

    16) The Holy Qur'an has no flaws or contradictions. The original Arabic scriptures have never been changed or tampered with.

    17) Actual seventh century Qur'ans, complete and intact, are on display in museums in Turkey and many other places around the world.

    18) If all Qur'ans in the world today were burned and destroyed, the original Arabic would still remain. This is because millions of Muslims, called Hafiz (or "preservers") have memorized the text letter for letter from beginning to end, every word and syllable. Also, chapters from the Qur'an are precisely recited from memory by every Muslim in each of the five daily prayers.

    19) Muslims do not believe in the concept of "vicarious atonement" but rather believe in the law of personal responsibility. Islam teaches that each person is responsible for his or her own actions. On the Day of Judgment Muslims believe that every person will be resurrected and will have to answer to God for their every word, thought, and deed. Consequently, a practicing Muslim is always striving to be righteous.

    20) Islam was not spread by the sword. It was spread by the word (Islamic teachings) and the example of its followers. Islam teaches that there is no compulsion in religion (the Holy Qur'an 2:256 and 10:99).

    21) Terrorism, unjustified violence and the killing of innocent people are absolutely forbidden in Islam. Islam is a way of life that is meant to bring peace to a society, whether its people are Muslim or not. The extreme actions of those who claim to be Muslim may be, among other things, a result of their ignorance or uncontrolled anger. Tyrant rulers and those who commit acts of terrorism in the name of Islam are simply not following Islam. These people are individuals with their own views and political agendas. Fanatical Muslims are no more representative of the true Islamic teachings than Timothy McVeigh or David Koresh are of Christianity. Extremism and fanaticism is a problem that is common to all religious groups. Anyone who thinks that all Muslims are terrorists should remember that the famous boxer Muhammad Ali, perhaps the most celebrated person of our era, is a practicing Muslim.

    22) The word "jihad" does not mean "holy war". Instead, it means the inner struggle that one endures in trying to submit their will to the will of God. Some Muslims may say they are going for "jihad" when fighting in a war to defend themselves or their fellow Muslims, but they only say this because they are conceding that it will be a tremendous struggle. But there are many other forms of jihad which are more relevant to the everyday life of a Muslim such as the struggles against laziness, arrogance, stinginess, or the struggle against a tyrant ruler or against the temptation of Satan, or against one's own ego, etc.

    23) Women are not oppressed in Islam. Any Muslim man that oppresses a woman is not following Islam. Among the many teachings of Prophet Muhammad that protected the rights and dignity of women is his saying, "...the best among you are those who treat their wives well." (Tirmidhi)

    24) Islam grants women numerous rights in the home and in society. Among them are the right to earn money, to financial support, to an education, to an inheritance, to being treated kindly, to vote, to a dowry, to keep their maiden name, to worship in a mosque, etc., etc.

    25) Muslim women wear the head-covering (hijab) in fulfillment of God's decree to dress modestly. From a practical standpoint, it serves to identify one as attempting to follow God in daily life and, therefore, protects women from unwanted advances from men. This type of modest dress has been worn by righteous women throughout history. Prominent examples are traditional Catholic Nuns, Mother Teresa and the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus.

    26) Arranged marriages are allowed in Islam but are not required. Whereas "forced" marriages, usually stemming from cultural practice, are forbidden. Divorce is permissible, however, reconciliation is what is most encouraged. But if there are irreconcilable differences then Islam permits a fair and just divorce.

    27) Islam and the "Nation of Islam" are two different religions. Islam is a religion for all races and enjoins the worship of the one unseen God who, orthodox Muslims believe, never took human form. The "Nation", on the other hand, is a movement geared towards non-whites and teaches that God appeared in the form of Fard Muhammad in 1930 and that Elijah Muhammad (a man who died in 1975) was a prophet of God. These beliefs clearly contradict the basic Islamic theology outlined in the Qur'an. The followers of "the Nation" adhere to some Islamic principles that are mixed with many other teachings that are alien to Islam. To better understand the difference between the two, read about Malcolm X, his pilgrimage to Mecca and his subsequent comments to the media. Islam teaches equality amongst all the races (Holy Qur'an 49:13).

    28) All Muslims are not Arab. Islam is a universal religion and way of life which includes followers from all races of people. There are Muslims in and from virtually every country in the world. Arabs only constitute about 20% of Muslims worldwide. Indonesia has the largest concentration of Muslims with over 120 million.

    29) In the five daily prayers, Muslims face the Kaaba in Mecca, Arabia. It is a cube-shaped stone structure that was originally built by Prophet Adam and later rebuilt by Prophet Abraham. Muslims believe that the Kaaba was the first house of worship on Earth dedicated to the worship of one god. Muslims do not worship the Kaaba. It serves as a central focal point for Muslims around the world, unifying them in worship and symbolizing their common belief, spiritual focus and direction. Interestingly, the inside of the Kaaba is empty.

    30) The hajj is a simultaneous pilgrimage to the Kaaba made by millions of Muslims each year. It is performed to commemorate the struggles of Abraham, Ismail and Hagar in submitting their wills to God.


    take only 5 mins to hear these words

    YouTube - A Girl Converted To ISLAM
    YouTube - What is Islam?


    </title> <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> <style type="text/css"> </style> <title>
    IslamicFinder: Accurate Prayer Times, Athan (Azan), Mosques (Masjids), Islamic Center, Muslim Owned Businesses, Hijri Calendar, Islamic Directory worldwide.

    this is enough to persuade anyone about the fact of ISLAM ...it's fast growing religion

    as you hear talks of people _of you_ after converting to ISLAM

    YouTube - Nicole Queen: Converts after seeing Youtube videos on Islam

    No wonder that the greeting of Islam is
    ":Peace and mercy of God be upon you:"

    So there's no link between Islam and terrorism

    Because of one of the names of Allah is -peace-. So, Islam is a religion of peace free from violence

    In this sense we would have great respect to all religions. because it is from God ..

    Do not rush to judge Islam. For you someday will be a Muslim

    as a lot of people converted to ISLAM

    They discovered the sweetness of faith in their hearts
    I wish you the instance
    OH MAN GTFO WHIT YOUR BULLSHIT STORYS WHY WONT YOU KIL BOMB YOUR SELF IN OTHER TOWERS LIKE YOU FKIGN MUSLIMS DID ON 9/11

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Whats more anyoning,choobs or the fact that they suck at posting hacks!
    By imyourkat12 in forum CrossFire Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 09:46 AM
  2. FACE THE FACTS
    By Gourav2122 in forum Anime
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 06:31 PM
  3. i love the fact my grandma has galcoma
    By Juan in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 01:37 PM
  4. Rid the world of Islam.
    By ArunCannotDebate in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 08:47 PM
  5. [Tutorial] Reading from the CMD line
    By shercipher in forum C++/C Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 01:49 PM

Tags for this Thread