Greetings ,

This ticket has been closed by a GM. Please see below for more details.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know that you are having issues logging into Vindictus. I understand how disheartening not having access to your account must be and I hope that I can resolve that issue for you.

I would also like to apologize for making you wait till I could assist you with this ticket. Our wait times have been a little high and we’ve been doing the best that we can to make up for that.

It has been determined that your account has made use of malicious third party programs to gain an unfair advantage and because of that; your account has been blocked. Even though said use of malicious third party programs is against our Terms of Use, I have decided to reduce your block to a 30 day suspension. Because your account has already served the 30 day suspension, I will therefore be releasing your account.

Please take the time to review our Terms of Use here https://nximage.nexon.net/common/legal_info/terms.html .

Your account will be released from its block in 24 to 72 hours.

Sincerely,

GM Gilroy
Nexon America, Inc.

Security Tip: Please do not give your password to anyone for any reason. Nexon representatives will NEVER ask you for your password.

After a months wait, I think it worth it