Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Our brain processes data and stores it in our neurons and people can still recover memories with portions missing, therefore the universe is contained within each spec, like a fractal.
    This is not what was explained. Maybe this will help.
    Webster's Dictionary - Fractal: a figure or surface generated by successive subdivisions of a simpler polygon or polyhedron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle - The Universe is a fractal so subdivisions of the Universe (us, everything else inside it) behave similarly to the whole. This fact is visually represtented when you look at the structure of a tree. Plant roots, veins, the lungs, all things subdivded from the Universe express the same logic in some way. Hence the saying "As above, so below."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holonomic_brain_theory - The imagination is how humans express the above principle.

Brain is X
    Universe is Y
    Two different things.
    It sounds like you are saying that our brains are marbles inside a bottle instead of being part of the bottle itself.

According to the citations, if the Universe is Y, the brain might be expressed as Y divided by something. If the brain was X and the Universe was Y, the brain would not exist as a part of the Universe, but would be a seperate entity altogether(its own reality?). I would be interested in any research you could cite that can explain this logic. An accurate mathematical representation for the brain might be Y/pi, where Y is the Universe and pi is the irrational infinite number 3.14 - symbolic for the expansion of the Universe and our perception of time, as pi is infinite and never repeats twice.

Our brains are "like a hologram". You mean a computer that displays information, except without a monitor backing. So.....just a computer then.
    You already aknowledged the power of imagination on the human body when I mentioned and sourced the information for Multiple Personality Disorder.
    You linked visual changes. Not healing. This is noted because if they change personality back they lose whatever you want to call "healed" eyesight.
    It doesn't matter if it healed or got worse. Eyesight changed as a result of thoughts that were manifested in the imagination.
    *cough* you're an idiot *cough*.
    You can only see in others what you hold inside yourself. Refuting others with asinine insults and cartoons for toddlers does not make for a very convincing argument. If you can provide credible sources for the logic behind your words this might be more interesting. So far I've cited half a dozen.

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” – Nikola Tesla

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by .Herbs. View Post
    This is not what was explained. Maybe this will help.
    Webster's Dictionary - Fractal: a figure or surface generated by successive subdivisions of a simpler polygon or polyhedron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle - The Universe is a fractal so subdivisions of the Universe (us, everything else inside it) behave similarly to the whole. This fact is visually represtented when you look at the structure of a tree. Plant roots, veins, the lungs, all things subdivded from the Universe express the same logic in some way. Hence the saying "As above, so below."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holonomic_brain_theory - The imagination is how humans express the above principle.

According to the citations, if the Universe is Y, the brain might be expressed as Y divided by something.
    You are in waaaaaaaaaaaay over your head here.
    (Wouldn't be the first time a theist tried to appeal to some theory he knew nothing about).

>The universe is a fractale.
    Not what was stated in the link you gave or in the holographic principle. Please note that anything after that is a non-sequitor already so moving on.

>Holonomic brain theory.
    -You are so utterly wrong on this it's unbelievable. HBT states on how we have "photographic" brain use. It's not related to the holographic principle at all.

According to the citations, if the Universe is Y, the brain might be expressed as Y divided by something. If the brain was X and the Universe was Y, the brain would not exist as a part of the Universe, but would be a seperate entity altogether(its own reality?). I would be interested in any research you could cite that can explain this logic. An accurate mathematical representation for the brain might be Y/pi, where Y is the Universe and pi is the irrational infinite number 3.14 - symbolic for the expansion of the Universe and our perception of time, as pi is infinite and never repeats twice.
    > Yeah, this is why I stated you are a retard.

I didn't use X and Y for math. I used it to explain they are two separate things.

Also pi is not "symbolic for the expansion of the universe" because it "never repeats twice"(also "repeats" is enough, idiot).

T

You already aknowledged the power of imagination on the human body when I mentioned and sourced the information for Multiple Personality Disorder.
    It doesn't matter if it healed or got worse. Eyesight changed as a result of thoughts that were manifested in the imagination.

You can only see in others what you hold inside yourself. Refuting others with asinine insults and cartoons for toddlers does not make for a very convincing argument. If you can provide credible sources for the logic behind your words this might be more interesting. So far I've cited half a dozen.

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” – Nikola Tesla

I acknowledged the effects a personality has on the human body. This goes for having a good attitude as well.

"It doesn't matter if it got healed"

>Well you claimed it did, so it matters in that regard.(you were wrong).

Nobody takes you seriously, so your free-range on the insults. It just so happens that you also are incompetent so it goes hand and hand.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I didn't use X and Y for math. I used it to explain they are two separate things.
    The brain and the Universe are not seperate. One is a subdivision of the other. If they were seperate wouldn't that mean the brain is it's own Universe?
    I acknowledged the effects a personality has on the human body. This goes for having a good attitude as well.
    Personality, attitude = imagination.
    Also pi is not "symbolic for the expansion of the universe" because it "never repeats twice"(also "repeats" is enough, idiot).
    Infinite, never repeats twice, just like our experience of time. The Universe is complete. We experience it as expanding because we live in 4 dimensions.
    Nobody takes you seriously, so your free-range on the insults. It just so happens that you also are incompetent so it goes hand and hand.
    If you are going to call someone incompetent you should use proper grammar. Your attempts to insult me aren't creative at all and you have no sources to back them, they just make you look bad. If you are really serious about this and aren't trolling really badly on purpose, then you are a paragon for the failure of the American education system. Take an English class man, or use the internet for something other than spongebob.

If that is too much 'word salad' for you maybe one of the sources you cited yourself will explain the message in a way you can understand: https:/tu.be/1-4zdmd0TNU
    Last edited by .Herbs.; 05-15-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    "Unless you prove me wrong, whatever comes out of my mouth is right!"

>Not having it anymore.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I don't believe in God because doing so would be admitting that I have doubts about death. I see God as affirmation for those who are near their "departure" of this world.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatenashi Sarashiki. View Post
    I don't believe in God because doing so would be admitting that I have doubts about death. I see God as affirmation for those who are near their "departure" of this world.
    Eh. If it was a "departure" belief I'd almost never bother with it. It would effectively be a great tool for coping with death.

But since it's been more than that since the dawn of man, that's a problem.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

>Not having it anymore.
    I'm repeating the findings and research of others. If you want to ignore physics and science and not notice obvious similarities between everything in the Universe then that's your choice. It's up to the individual to identify with it or not. It just makes sense to me that entertaining the widest range of possibilities is in one's own best interest.

https://www.spaceandmotion.com/Physic...c-Universe.htm - at a fundamental level reality is not made of discrete and separate parts (particles), but One interconnected whole (the Holographic Universe). The Wave Structure of Matter agrees

God defined as the energy responsible for all things in the Universe existing and being interconnected makes sense to me when I consider things like this. There are ways to manipulate this dynamic for one's own benefit, some of which I proposed.

Empire seems unable to cope with the fact that he hates himself because of his own demonization based on other peoples conclusions and chooses to deflect that hate outwards, blindly following the words and actions of others with a hate filled agenda directed at bringing people down rather than raising up those who deserve it.
    Last edited by .Herbs.; 05-17-2015 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I'm repeating the findings and research of others.
    You are taking their research, cherry picking quotes, and using this all for some stupid agenda you have. Honestly, it's boring me at this point.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

You are taking their research, cherry picking quotes, and using this all for some stupid agenda you have. Honestly, it's boring me at this point.
    Tis exactly what I hate about arguments on TV in general with documentaries. Everyone cherry picks something really convincing from some "credible" source and use it to back up their claims. I've rarely ever seen people trying to make an argument for themselves using ALL the information and talking about pros and cons.

Saying God exists because of a miracle -> Is just ludicrous in my book
    Saying God doesn't exist because there's no proof -> Is a valid argument but also inconclusive because "proof" itself doesn't have to be absolute

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    My agenda is to open people's minds to the possibilities that exist. So many people discount information based on someone else's opinion. Your belief in that opinion is what gives it power. Take back that power and believe in things you decide for yourself, through your own research. Considering the vastness of the Universe it is statistically possible for anything to be true, or false. It's whatever you decide, that's the point. You have the power, unless you give it away to a source outside yourself. If you find that stupid that's cool. Comic relief for me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    I never want there to be a god. No matter how 'perfect'. The christian god is 'perfect' even though he condoned rape, murder, and fucking annihilation of a city because there were gays in it.

However, a heaven would be nice.

I often sit down and think about how it would actually be great to have a separate reality, a lucid dream that is embodied in perfection. No wars, no pain. It certainly beats the reality of being recycled back into the endless void, simply contributing to about an inch of soil. In the end, no matter what you do, no matter how important, it will be forgotten. Documents eventually turn to dirt. And stories, well, they become corrupted over time. Change takes time, and there is no changing that. Time will go on, with or without us. We will advance technology, and move to another planet. We will evolve, whether good or bad. Better or worse. We, as humans, are alone. Im gonna end the depression session here with some poetry.

The bright side of the planet moves toward darkness
    And the cities are falling asleep, each in its hour,
    And for me, now as then, it is too much.
    There is too much world.
    —Czeslaw Milosz The Separate Notebooks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by oioichipsahoy View Post
    I never want there to be a god. No matter how 'perfect'. The christian god is 'perfect' even though he condoned rape, murder, and fucking annihilation of a city because there were gays in it.

However, a heaven would be nice.

I often sit down and think about how it would actually be great to have a separate reality, a lucid dream that is embodied in perfection. No wars, no pain. It certainly beats the reality of being recycled back into the endless void, simply contributing to about an inch of soil. In the end, no matter what you do, no matter how important, it will be forgotten. Documents eventually turn to dirt. And stories, well, they become corrupted over time. Change takes time, and there is no changing that. Time will go on, with or without us. We will advance technology, and move to another planet. We will evolve, whether good or bad. Better or worse. We, as humans, are alone. Im gonna end the depression session here with some poetry.

The bright side of the planet moves toward darkness
    And the cities are falling asleep, each in its hour,
    And for me, now as then, it is too much.
    There is too much world.
    —Czeslaw Milosz The Separate Notebooks
    5-20-2015.

Rules pls

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnix View Post
    5-20-2015.

Rules pls
    What? If there are rules I am breaking I am not aware of them...
    My edit signature is acting a little wanky. Will fix when possible.

Visit Goals:
    50 [o]
    100[o]
    500[x]
    1000[x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by oioichipsahoy View Post
    What? If there are rules I am breaking I am not aware of them...
    You're gravedigging. The last post made was three months ago.

Thanks
    sometimes I believe in potatoes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast