Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I took classes on Japanese for two years and Deutsche for two years also, and for me Japanese was much easier for me, and Deutsche was hard for me.. I don't know just saying it was a hard thing for me to try to learn (I failed the class and gave up on it). Good luck.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynical View Post

Yeah man, I gave a shot to it and it went surprisingly well, not as good as perfect but good enough on a first try. I should do it at least once a day so I could get little closer with it, sad thing is I do not have a friend from Germany which means I have to make one.
    I'd say, try an hour a day or more.
    It will remind you to train, it will also help you find your weaknesses and become better at those.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil View Post
    I took classes on Japanese for two years and Deutsche for two years also, and for me Japanese was much easier for me, and Deutsche was hard for me.. I don't know just saying it was a hard thing for me to try to learn (I failed the class and gave up on it). Good luck.
    I bet you watch a lot of Anime.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gray View Post
    I'd say, try an hour a day or more.
    It will remind you to train, it will also help you find your weaknesses and become better at those.

I bet you watch a lot of Anime.
    Yeah, I should do that but not as committed as I would like to be, also I should use this website to get better at English.
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

Thanks

Yeah, I should do that but not as committed as I would like to be, also I should use this website to get better at English.
    I'm entirely self taught when it comes to English, I'd say it hasn't come easy.
    But it has.

I learned from watching TV, listening to music and playing video games.
    Those are also viable alternatives to learning a language.
    TV + Subtitles
    Music + Lyrics
    Games + Captions

I began as child though.

Duolingo will remind you, I think there are options you can set on how much you'd like to achieve per day.
    Check it out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

Charion (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I'm entirely self taught when it comes to English, I'd say it hasn't come easy.
    But it has.

I learned from watching TV, listening to music and playing video games.
    Those are also viable alternatives to learning a language.
    TV + Subtitles
    Music + Lyrics
    Games + Captions

I began as child though.

Duolingo will remind you, I think there are options you can set on how much you'd like to achieve per day.
    Check it out.
    Yeah, I'm same with English, entirely self-taught but I still think I'm not good enough when it comes to vocabulary, because the way I speak in English is bad, you can understand it but its shit.

You can take this as example, I suck at talking in English, maybe a reason why my commentary sucks dick /

Been using English over 13 years, yeah I was seven-years-old when I start self-taunting English, weird because the school I went to told me No on teaching me English.
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

Achievements:

Thanks

Yeah, I'm same with English, entirely self-taught but I still think I'm not good enough when it comes to vocabulary, because the way I speak in English is bad, you can understand it but its shit.

You can take this as example, I suck at talking in English, maybe a reason why my commentary sucks dick /

Been using English over 13 years, yeah I was seven-years-old when I start self-taunting English, weird because the school I went to told me No on teaching me English.
    Hey, practice makes perfect.
    Honestly, I'd rather read a dictionary than fictional books.

Head over to thesaurus.com and just browse around for synonyms, antonyms and words in general.
    Write down a few of them, write the translation to whatever native tongue, practice the words a couple of times one day, then a few days after that to see if it sticks, then a week after, then a month. Then it should be totally stuck.

Or just do as me, flood yourself with information and hope something sticks, if it doesn't keep force-feeding.

Use Duolingo for English to then maybe?
    I mean, they do teach you how to pronounce certain things.

If not, a good way to learn how to pronounce things is to read the audio-script notes on words.
    Like hate for example, [heɪt].

Or something more complex.
    Dingleberry - ˈ[dɪŋɡ(ə)lbɛri]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

Charion (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Hey, practice makes perfect.
    Honestly, I'd rather read a dictionary than fictional books.

Head over to thesaurus.com and just browse around for synonyms, antonyms and words in general.
    Write down a few of them, write the translation to whatever native tongue, practice the words a couple of times one day, then a few days after that to see if it sticks, then a week after, then a month. Then it should be totally stuck.

Or just do as me, flood yourself with information and hope something sticks, if it doesn't keep force-feeding.

Use Duolingo for English to then maybe?
    I mean, they do teach you how to pronounce certain things.

If not, a good way to learn how to pronounce things is to read the audio-script notes on words.
    Like hate for example, [heɪt].

Or something more complex.
    Dingleberry - ˈ[dɪŋɡ(ə)lbɛri]
    Yeah man, practice makes indeed things perfect. Heck, if I didn't want to learn English or Deutch I would have not made this thread (this remembers me how I got hated on A LOT back 2009-2010 when I used MPGH and my English sucked shit ton more than it does now)..

I'll use Duolingo for English too for vocabulary

Achievements:

Thanks

Yeah man, practice makes indeed things perfect. Heck, if I didn't want to learn English or Deutch I would have not made this thread (this reminded me of how I got hated on A LOT back in 2009-2010 when I used MPGH and my English sucked shit ton more than it does now)..

I'll use Duolingo for English too for vocabulary
    Normally people will correct you, or bash you.
    I don't listen if I don't want to.
    You shouldn't neither.

This is the internet, almost everyone claims to be shit their not and think they're safe behind the computer monitor.

I made a few changes for you. Hope it helps.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

Charion (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Normally people will correct you, or bash you.
    I don't listen if I don't want to.
    You shouldn't neither.

This is the internet, almost everyone claims to be shit their not and think they're safe behind the computer monitor.

I made a few changes for you. Hope it helps.
    Thanks man for the changes. Made me think a little. English in a whole is hard language to learn to me at least, been trying to correct it since I got bashed lots back in 2009-2010. But useless.

Achievements:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    hey

I use Memrise to learn other languages, though I haven't been very successful. But that's because i don't put much time into it. I've used it to learn Latvian, found it very easy though I've forgotten most of it.
    Fear the old blood.

Thanks

Thanks man for the changes. Made me think a little. English in a whole is hard language to learn to me at least, been trying to correct it since I got bashed lots back in 2009-2010. But useless.
    This is my way of seeing life.
    It fucking sucks, never settle, nothing is perfect, everything ends.
    Don't EVER think you're doing perfect or that you're good, always strive to be better.

You're doing fine, it's not like I can't understand you.
    Just keep reading what people such as, maybe me, Aborted, Lehsyrus and a couple more.
    There are quite a few literate people on here, some more than others.

And you'll learn fast, I'd say read books, but I hate those.
    Keep reading, listening and talking.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gray For This Useful Post:

Charion (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    This is my way of seeing life.
    It fucking sucks, never settle, nothing is perfect, everything ends.
    Don't EVER think you're doing perfect or that you're good, always strive to be better.

You're doing fine, it's not like I can't understand you.
    Just keep reading what people such as, maybe me, Aborted, Lehsyrus and a couple more.
    There are quite a few literate people on here, some more than others.

And you'll learn fast, I'd say read books, but I hate those.
    Keep reading, listening and talking.
    There is a buddy of mine who says that my English is good enough so people could understand if they want to, same with speaking it, yes I may have some hiccups here and there, few broken sentences, an pain in butt grammar, but in overall its good, self-taught is never perfect but good enough.

My mum did tell me that our local library has some English language books, but I'm unsure about that cos I never really go to libraries, because I see no point for doing that, yet again if I want to get better at language I'm so obsessed with, then I should find a valuable time to go there and find out myself or buy an English language book from another country like UK.

Achievements:

Thanks

There is a buddy of mine who says that my English is good enough so people could understand if they want to, same with speaking it, yes I may have some hiccups here and there, few broken sentences, an pain in butt grammar, but in overall its good, self-taught is never perfect but good enough.

My mum did tell me that our local library has some English language books, but I'm unsure about that cos I never really go to libraries, because I see no point for doing that, yet again if I want to get better at language I'm so obsessed with, then I should find a valuable time to go there and find out myself or buy an English language book from another country like UK.
    I'd support your mother on that decision.
    Head over to a library and see if they have dictionaries, that's a great way to expand the vocabulary.
    As for grammar, you'll get the hang of it eventually.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I'd support your mother on that decision.
    Head over to a library and see if they have dictionaries, that's a great way to expand the vocabulary.
    As for grammar, you'll get the hang of it eventually.
    She's a great book worm, she loves books, which I do not I do have an Estonian language book laying around in my room somewhere, its a Harry Potter one, don't quite remember where I put it, but I really don't want to read anything Estonian language related cos I'd not need it when I move to another country such as England for a example.

Achievements:

Thanks

She's a great book worm, she loves books, which I do not I do have an Estonian language book laying around in my room somewhere, its a Harry Potter one, don't quite remember where I put it, but I really don't want to read anything Estonian language related cos I'd not need it when I move to another country such as England for a example.
    That's hogwash.
    Right now it may be a less prioritized to learn Estonian rather than English.
    But learning any language or more languages than you already know is probably always going to be good.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast