Thanks

another coding thread...?

So I took a quarter class in Intro to C, and currently doing a APCS class (on my own behalf) which is learning Java, which is going well, but the problem is that I cant really find a use for Java beside making android apps, and I don't have too much knowledge in C to make my own app (without terminals, so an actual .exe with gui and what not). So I'm planning on relearning a code from scratch (ish), and my main focus is making a game. I have two choice, either learn C++ for the bigger advance engines like UE4, or c sharp for unity... Which is more useful to me (also I'm planning on major in CS).

TL;DR: Which code to learn with knowledge from other coding? c++ or c#?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    If you can't decide learn them both.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Try flipping a coin.

Wealth is in the mind not the pocket.
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Well it all depends on what you want to do. You said that you want to start to make games but this also matters because different game engines are used for different things. The engines that you mentioned are very different so I will tell you the some of the pros and cons. UE4 is more of a robust engine which uses a better langue(IMO) C++. As a developer you have full access to the source code of the engine and best of all it's free! I would say that UE4 is used for more of a desktop game because it is a "heavy" engine. Now let's talk about the Unity engine, it's a great engine if you want to make a mobile/web game but I would steer clear from it if you are looking to make a game that is meant for desktop gaming ex: Assassin's Creed. My advice is to learn C/C++ because once you do so ever other langue becomes easier to understand.
    Last edited by Bitset; 02-04-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponzi<3 View Post
    Well it all depends on what you want to do. You said that you want to start to make games but this also matters because different game engines are used for different things. The engines that you mentioned are very different so I will tell you the some of the pros and cons. UE4 is more of a robust engine which uses a better langue(IMO) C++. As a developer you have full access to the source code of the engine and best of all it's free! I would say that UE4 is used for more of a desktop game because it is a "heavy" engine. Now let's talk about the Unity engine, it's a great engine if you want to make a mobile/web game but I would steer clear from it if you are looking to make a game that is meant for desktop gaming ex: Assassin's Creed. My advice is to learn C/C++ because once you do so ever other langue becomes easier to understand.
    Yea, I have the same feeling. I feel like c++ will be best choice since it's so popular.

Thanks
    batch 8]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    c++ is easier, but c# is better.