Thread: Battlefield 5

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Hopefuly its not set in the past (World war) and futute (COD BS) I want it to be modern military game set in the present like battlefield 4 and 3.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    Hopefuly its not set in the past (World war) and futute (COD BS) I want it to be modern military game set in the present like battlefield 4 and 3.
    Nah fam. Hardline, 3 and 4 are all modern shooters, you have had enough. BF 1942+1943 were amazing. Finally another classic shooter.
    [IMG]https://thumbs.gfyca*****m/LikableImmediateAcornweevil-size_restricted.gif[/IMG]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingpin For This Useful Post:

Charion (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin View Post

That's not weird when it's a series right? There are loads of original games being released and some series get another part because it was successful , nothing wrong with that really.
    Ofc nothing wrong, but at a certain point it gets annoying. I mean I've always been a COD fanboy, like I started loving PC games mostly because of COD. But man, that franchise really doesn't even offer anything new.
    Well, it actually offered something new with BO3, glitches, bugs and other poorly engine optimizations. I mean on the welcome screen buttons were "X", "O" and SQUARE as in the PS version, they didn't even change those. /fp
    Last edited by ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ; 05-03-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaar View Post

Are you fucking retarted? Battlefield 3 & 4 were good games.
    Battlefield 3 was.

Thanks

Nah fam. Hardline, 3 and 4 are all modern shooters, you have had enough. BF 1942+1943 were amazing. Finally another classic shooter.
    Yea, I agree. They cancelled 1943 for PC in 2011 to work on BC2, it's time for a WW2 shooter once again.
    Member: December 24th, 2012
    Donator: January 4th, 2013
    Editor: January 19th, 2013 - August 17th, 2013
    Battlefield Minion: March 7th, 2013 - September 22nd, 2013
    Former Staff: September 22nd, 2013 - January 21st, 2014
    Battlefield Minion: January 21st, 2014 - May 5th, 2014
    Titanfall Minion: February 25th, 2014 - May 5th, 2014
    Former Staff: May 5th, 2014 - October 10th, 2015
    Battlefield Minion: October 10th, 2015 - February 12th, 2017
    Call of Duty Minion: March 4th, 2016 - February 12th, 2017

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paralyze For This Useful Post:

Kingpin (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trol553 View Post
    Battlefield 3 was.
    So was battlefield 4.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ View Post

Ofc nothing wrong, but at a certain point it gets annoying. I mean I've always been a COD fanboy, like I started loving PC games mostly because of COD. But man, that franchise really doesn't even offer anything new.
    Well, it actually offered something new with BO3, glitches, bugs and other poorly engine optimizations. I mean on the welcome screen buttons were "X", "O" and SQUARE as in the PS version, they didn't even change those. /fp
    Well you are talking about one series. I know that there are more (FIFA) but most series don't release a game every year. Oh and the controller bit is just your PC recognizing it as a XBOX controller.
    @Paralyze Yep, really looking forward to it. Played a lot of 1943 on the PS3. Although it was a small game, I really liked it's simplicity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ View Post

Well you are talking about one series. I know that there are more (FIFA) but most series don't release a game every year. Oh and the controller bit is just your PC recognizing it as a XBOX controller.

@Paralyze Yep, really looking forward to it. Played a lot of 1943 on the PS3. Although it was a small game, I really liked it's simplicity.
    [IMG]https://thumbs.gfyca*****m/LikableImmediateAcornweevil-size_restricted.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it, because FPS are becoming more and more a copy-paste of their previous releases. (talking about FPS mostly) And as for my PC recognizing it as an XBOX controller, first of all it was a PS controller, and nope, I doubt this too, if you read the comments on BO3 page, you would understand.

Thanks

Are you fucking retarted? Battlefield 3 & 4 were good games.
    No I am not retarded. Neither am I "fucking retarded". Battlefiedl 3 was decent but battlefield 4? Im sorry that game is really really shit. I think the least amount of hours I've spent in any bf game. And ive played since 1942 sequel.

Thanks
    Bro this game is gonna be perfect, if it's as bad as battlefield hardline.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sam View Post
    No I am not retarded. Neither am I "fucking retarded". Battlefiedl 3 was decent but battlefield 4? Im sorry that game is really really shit. I think the least amount of hours I've spent in any bf game. And ive played since 1942 sequel.
    I'd love to hear why you think that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sam View Post
    At launch BF4 wasn't great. But the devs worked their asses off and now BF4 is a great game.
    Member: December 24th, 2012
    Donator: January 4th, 2013
    Editor: January 19th, 2013 - August 17th, 2013
    Battlefield Minion: March 7th, 2013 - September 22nd, 2013
    Former Staff: September 22nd, 2013 - January 21st, 2014
    Battlefield Minion: January 21st, 2014 - May 5th, 2014
    Titanfall Minion: February 25th, 2014 - May 5th, 2014
    Former Staff: May 5th, 2014 - October 10th, 2015
    Battlefield Minion: October 10th, 2015 - February 12th, 2017
    Call of Duty Minion: March 4th, 2016 - February 12th, 2017

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paralyze For This Useful Post:

Charion (05-04-2016),EL Surenzo dA KK Caponeiyl (05-04-2016)

Thanks

I'd love to hear why you think that.
    This might be a lot to read but, you seem capable... so here we go

• Battlelog: Now maybe not EVERYONE agrees but I'm sure most of us would agree that the idea of battlelog is great. Being able to connect see how everyone is doing. How your friends are progressing through the game. However, the fact you HAVE to use battlelog to play the multiplayer is just bad in everyway. You have so much more peformance making serverbrowsers in the game itself. Better optimization, quicker connecting, loading content(which many people have complained about). Now somehow for me, even though not having it installed on an SSD I seem to be one of the quickest to load BF4. Still though I sometimes just won't leave a server and look for another JUST because I don't feel like going through that hassle of battlelog again.
    • Gameplay Modes: Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 3 both had tremendous amount of gamemodes. Which in first instance sounds really nice because we all have something more to play. Still if you see the actual server list you will see that a lot of gameplays are barely to non-used. It doesnt work the same as in COD due to the fact BF uses very large maps, meaning every map is designed to be fit for every gamemode(will come back to this later). This has caused their lack of focus on the gameplays that really matter in BF. Conquest (Large) and Rush. This is really visible in the game. Due to so many extra things, the most important aspects of the game did not get enough attention.
    • Insignificance: Now this is something that I've experienced lately more than before since I decided to play alone and stop gaming with others but, the size of the game and players just makes me feel so darn insignificant. It doesn't feel like my input has any impact or effect on the outcome of the game. Unless I play in a certain really good squad, I just don't get the satisfaction out of it. Now I know this is a rather personal reason, so this one is more why I don't like it rather than why it isn't a good game.
    • Music & Sountracks: I guess it's quite self-evident, this one. Ever since battlefield 3 their music has gone terribly downhill. Aparently they felt the need to compete with COD's soundtrack and decided to go robomode or whatever. It's not a major reason but it surely makes veteran battlefield players lose part of the nostalgic feeling they had for this game.
    • Destruction: Now this is more a comparisson between Battlefield Bad Company 2 and BF 3 + 4. Destruction has been reduced significantly. Which, is kind of understandable because with the destruction used in BC2, you were kind of limited to what maps you could make. You can't make gigantic buildings because it would be very complicated for servers and the game to make smooth and non animated destruction out of those. But because of that a big part of the strategy is gone. I love how I'd blow up walls of two houses to go from one house to the other. Create new entrances. Make new or destroy cover. It made the game tactically so much more advanced and especially in games like rush, that really made a difference between winning or losing.
    • Map Design: This is probably the Major reason what made one sequel better than others. As mentioned before they have made a lot of gamemodes and tried to make every map suitable for all the gamemodes in BF4. Walking from one flag to another can take 5 - 10 minutes, there are so many maps where you are just walking from flag to flag with a team, meeting a few enemies on the way and then capture that flag. In the meantime another flag you just captured is getting neutralized by another big team. So even if you and 2 others decided to tactically stay, the chance you'd succesfully defend the flag is rather small. The maps are just terrible, terrible for rush. Nearly all of them. It just doesn't work and almost Always end up in some sort of mass firefight, collisions and such. Tactically flanking is just most of the time impossible. Everyone spamming explosives on the mcoms. Just huge chaos and in my opinion, it feels more like a rampage than a tactical shooter. There is much more to say about this but the main point is that the map designs are just not good at all.
    • Singleplayer: Also not a very important factor but also not very unimportant. Singleplayer gives players a really good introduction about the game and if it's good, people are so hyped to try out the multiplayer. But BF 3 + 4 really had the worst singleplayers ever. Even 1942, which had practically not even a story was more memorable to me than those singleplayers.
    • Class Balance: Changed it for realism, but unfortunately it makes some classes highly overpowered and especially one class highly underpowered. As usual, to win you most likely will go with assault or engineer. Others can be useful from time to time but it ends up mostly being a camper. And although yes some people favor Support or Recon, the majority doesn't like them much and there's good reason for that.
    • Server Modifications: Not that important but unfortunately EA or DICE does not allow any modified servers, which in my opinion is quite a shame. Allowing the community to extend a game in whatever way is rarely a bad idea.
    • Vehicle Balance: Vehicles have become very overpowered and easy to use. Back in the days it took good skill to become good at flying, tanking, boating. Now it's just so easy, every idiot can use them and get quite easily 10 kills before dying, if not a ton more. I feel really helpless when im on a flag and a tank comes in. They are super fast, have speedfast aiming (which before, they sensitivity of vehicles, even on max was quite low). They get destroyed quite difficult, and most of all they have auto repair . Got to say that flying has become a little more complicated than in BF3 so thats a step in the right direction but yea, not that good yet.
    • Urban Focussed: When I think of a shooter, I think of a shooting with a gun. Being a person with a gun, shooting at other people with a gun. But because a lot of maps contain so many (overpowered) vehicles I find myself a lot of the times confronted with a Tank instead of a player. Sometimes I feel I need to search longer for a player instead of w.e else goes around on the map. (i know tanks are also player, but you get the point!)
    • Seriousness: I personally like games to be a little quircky and arcadish. Nowadays games tend to be all about realism and serious play. Not really something I favor.

I know a lot of these things are quite personal but I guess the whole idea of liking or not liking a game is quite opinion based so yea. These are my personal opinions .

- - - Updated - - -
    @Paralyze upper post is also for you then

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    inb4 BattleField 5: Advanced Warfare xD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Windoge 10 View Post
    inb4 BattleField 5: Advanced Warfare xD
    Then fuck Battlefield like fuck cod
    Reputation power: 56
    If I helped you in any way or shape of form, it's always appreciated to thank or give a rep!

| [ Rules ] | [ Market Place ] | [ Scammers Grave ] | [ Report a scammer ] |

Achievements:
    News Force - 08-23-2018 - 10-02-2018
    Middleman - 05-09-20 - 19-12-2020
    Former Staff - 19-12-2020 - On-going

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast