Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

To All The Gun Nuts (Help Ples)

Decided to ask here since some people here have claimed to own guns and with guns I assume some buy safety stuff too.

Trying to buy a bulletproof vest since I live in an eh neighborhood and half of my friends live in some somewhat crime infested areas. Afaik, Level 3A is the highest that a civilian can own (and that doesn't require plates). Anyways, I decided to google bulletproof vests and came across these two sites that were somewhat cheap:

https://www.safeguardclothing.com/15-...vert-carriers/
    https://www.safeguardclothing.com/15-...lmax-carriers/

https://www.israel-catalog.com/milita...lletproof-vest

The first websites have like stab proof testing which sounds pretty nice so I'm leaning towards that but not 100% sure.

Anyone own any bulletproof vests and have any experience buying them? Would love some help, advice, recommendations, etc. Thanks guys.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    If I see someine wearing a bulletproof vest out in public I assume he's going to shoot the place up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Confluency View Post
    If I see someine wearing a bulletproof vest out in public I assume he's going to shoot the place up.
    Then that's just you because its perfectly legal in the United States to own and wear one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Asuna For This Useful Post:

Lunatic (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post

Then that's just you because its perfectly legal in the United States to own and wear one.
    I wasn't being serious.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Confluency View Post
    Which is why I want a concealable one. Wear under a tshirt or hoodie. And when I see someone wearing a bulletproof vest out in public I assume they're private security or something. Usually those who are just shooting up a place don't even bother wearing bulletproof vests, or so I assume.
    Last edited by Bernard.; 07-10-2016 at 01:10 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard. View Post

Which is why I want a concealable one. Wear under a tshirt or hoodie. And when I see someone wearing a bulletproof vest out in public I assume they're private security or something. Usually those who are just shooting up a place don't even bother wearing bulletproof vests, or so I assume.
    How often are you going to wear it? Most of the time people aren't aware of how heavy and bulky most bullet proof vests are, even the low profile ones. In my opinion, I do understand safety over comfort but you don't want something that will hinder movement.

I don't know if there are any shops around you that carry vests but if you have the opportunity, you should try out a few. I don't have much experience with vests and I don't own one but I do have friends that own one.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Asuna For This Useful Post:

Lunatic (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I don't have any experience on the bulletproof vests.
    But my suggestion, if you feel that you must wear it, then you must wear it.
    Because you won't feel safe if you didn't.
    History
    Member - 12 June 2016 - N/A

Premium Member - 14 August 2016 - N/A
    News Force Sports News - 17 September 2016 - 24 July 2017
    Premium Seller - 23 September 2016 - N/A

News Force Gaming News - 24 July 2017
    STILL ALIVE!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Decided to ask here since some people here have claimed to own guns and with guns I assume some buy safety stuff too.

Trying to buy a bulletproof vest since I live in an eh neighborhood and half of my friends live in some somewhat crime infested areas. Afaik, Level 3A is the highest that a civilian can own (and that doesn't require plates). Anyways, I decided to google bulletproof vests and came across these two sites that were somewhat cheap:

https://www.safeguardclothing.com/15-...vert-carriers/
    https://www.safeguardclothing.com/15-...lmax-carriers/

https://www.israel-catalog.com/milita...lletproof-vest

The first websites have like stab proof testing which sounds pretty nice so I'm leaning towards that but not 100% sure.

Anyone own any bulletproof vests and have any experience buying them? Would love some help, advice, recommendations, etc. Thanks guys.
    if you have the money just move out. way better option in the long run

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post

How often are you going to wear it? Most of the time people aren't aware of how heavy and bulky most bullet proof vests are, even the low profile ones. In my opinion, I do understand safety over comfort but you don't want something that will hinder movement.

I don't know if there are any shops around you that carry vests but if you have the opportunity, you should try out a few. I don't have much experience with vests and I don't own one but I do have friends that own one.
    Quote Originally Posted by [A]CE View Post
    I don't have any experience on the bulletproof vests.
    But my suggestion, if you feel that you must wear it, then you must wear it.
    Because you won't feel safe if you didn't.
    I'll only be wearing it if I'm going to a friend's house, so not that often. I'll probably not wear it when like going to the store for like 5 minutes or work (definitely not work that's for sure). I use to own a flak jacket that a friend gave to me which was kinda bulky but that one was suppose to be worn over stuff not under. I'm assuming concealable armor worn under stuff is usually not as bulky. And afaik, there's nowhere near me that sells vests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaun279 View Post
    if you have the money just move out. way better option in the long run
    It's not a terrible neighborhood persay. Things are just usually not as safe at night. The only reason I'm thinking of wearing one is when I'm traveling back home at night after hanging out at a friend's house.

Thanks
    The Israeli one looks like a rip off
    check this website : https://www.ar500armor.com/
    Not your average fuckboy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    It's not a terrible neighborhood persay. Things are just usually not as safe at night. The only reason I'm thinking of wearing one is when I'm traveling back home at night after hanging out at a friend's house.
    erm well goodluck. just remember to zig zag. dont forget the zag part

Thanks
    I'm assuming concealable armor worn under stuff is usually not as bulky.
    The concealable ones are a lot more managable so its not that bad. I would go for the vest that has the most reviews. At the end of the day, saving a few bucks is no where close to saving your life. If you're buying something that's between life and death who cares how much it costs. Anyways, the price tag is around the same as the ones you linked so that's not a big issue.

I would probrably go on Reddit and ask and maybe look for some vests that have a lot of feedback. If the vest is any good, there's a very high chance that a lot of people will have the same one. Like I said, when it comes down to these types of things people want the very best. Follow the crowd, there are people who use these vests everyday so they ought to know whats good and whats bad.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I'll only be wearing it if I'm going to a friend's house, so not that often. I'll probably not wear it when like going to the store for like 5 minutes or work (definitely not work that's for sure). I use to own a flak jacket that a friend gave to me which was kinda bulky but that one was suppose to be worn over stuff not under. I'm assuming concealable armor worn under stuff is usually not as bulky. And afaik, there's nowhere near me that sells vests.
    If the money is not a problem for you, then buy it.
    but who will kill his friend, why do you need it ?

Edit : I understood, you will wear it when you are traveling back home at night after hanging out at a friend's house.
    Last edited by Ace; 07-10-2016 at 02:26 AM.
    History
    Member - 12 June 2016 - N/A

Premium Member - 14 August 2016 - N/A
    News Force Sports News - 17 September 2016 - 24 July 2017
    Premium Seller - 23 September 2016 - N/A

News Force Gaming News - 24 July 2017
    STILL ALIVE!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    I didn't realise America was this crime infested, for civilians to be so scared for their safety they begin to wear bulletproof vests.

I wish you luck, holy shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I didn't realise America was this crime infested, for civilians to be so scared for their safety they begin to wear bulletproof vests.

I wish you luck, holy shit.
    It isn't, people are just in a state of mass hysteria right now. Liberals are going mad over arbitrary bullshit and now everyone's shooting everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bowlcut For This Useful Post:

Lunatic (07-10-2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast