Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

How to make MPGH Great Again

Every forum has scammers. It's something which has influxed on every forum other the last few months. In terms of time spent I'm a noob on MPGH so I don't know the ole tales.

Here's how to fix it:
    You can't register using TOR or a VPN. Very easily to implement. Easy as just blocking public TOR nodes.

The next one is a lot trickier: If you want to sell on MPGH you must allow preauthorisation of your debit card to be used for any amount up to $1000. This is hard to implement but your major scams have been removed. You could apply this to buying but that's too hard to control.

Impersonators - just verify they are who they say they are -_-.

#MakeMPGHGreatAgainScammingDidn'tHappenWhenHitlerW asAround
    Last edited by JDXT; 07-18-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Honestly, I think there should be a verified seller tag that can't just be purchased, but earned after proving who you are to the admins.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lunatic For This Useful Post:

Dama's Sheep (07-18-2016),Kimchi (07-18-2016),Luverdark (07-18-2016),x12 (07-18-2016),Nyaro (07-19-2016),Schuba (07-18-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
    Honestly, I think there should be a verified seller tag that can't just be purchased, but earned after proving who you are to the admins.
    No. Users can still turn around. What I was thinking is allowing private MMing. To be a private MM you must share 10% of your profits to MPGH (like a fee to allow such service), must have been around for more than 3 years and must have over 5k posts. This will result in filtering out everyone who might just run away from MPGH (5k, 3yrs+ here and a fee = user is here to stay, therefore not scam). A private MM can assure a better service than the older public MMs.
    I talked to arun about this and he kind of liked the idea, idk

Thanks
    Middlemen .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Janitor For This Useful Post:

Hydra (07-18-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post
    Middlemen .
    This! Yea implement this again! No need for debit card thingy, middlemen solve the problem once and for all - besides pp chargeback

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    This sounds like a great idea TBH...

But then again, even then you could use the verified tag as your advantage, but
    All opinions are my own.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ View Post

No. Users can still turn around. What I was thinking is allowing private MMing. To be a private MM you must share 10% of your profits to MPGH (like a fee to allow such service), must have been around for more than 3 years and must have over 5k posts. This will result in filtering out everyone who might just run away from MPGH (5k, 3yrs+ here and a fee = user is here to stay, therefore not scam). A private MM can assure a better service than the older public MMs.
    I talked to arun about this and he kind of liked the idea, idk
    If I gave my real info to an MPGH admin, I wouldn't even think about scamming. Just saying this stupid premium seller rank is way too easy to get and doesn't make any users anymore trusted whatsoever. Maybe there should be an identity check associated with it or just a whole new rank?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by H!nt View Post

This sounds like a great idea TBH...

But then again, even then you could use the verified tag as your advantage, but
    Yea, but what? Who in their right mind would pay $25 for premium, $100 for premium seller, and then however much a verified tag would cost and then try to scam? There comes a point where it's just not worth the headache for any scammer and proving your identity may just be that point.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunatic For This Useful Post:

H!nt (07-18-2016)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

If I gave my real info to an MPGH admin, I wouldn't even think about scamming. Just saying this stupid premium seller rank is way too easy to get and doesn't make any users anymore trusted whatsoever. Maybe there should be an identity check associated with it or just a whole new rank?
    @moose suggested this on Skype: where you give your name address picture of yourself and proof of it all and you can then sell on the marketplace. But what y'all need to remember is we can easily get fake IDs online. This is the internet.

Thanks
    Maybe like a verified symbol next to your name. It doesn't have to be a tag.

Similar to YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Asuna For This Useful Post:

Schuba (07-18-2016)

Thanks
    Like already said, people are shitty. People can change even after being so verified. I know a few examples just from this site..
    There's no true way to get rid of scammers completely. The debit card thing won't work speaking as half the marketplace section aren't even old enough to walk in a bank and retrieve a debit card. That knocks a lot of major people off the Marketplace section. Re-introducing middlemen would be smart, but like Timmy Turner (Shadow) has said MULTIPLE times, it's basically a full time job and everyone treats them like shit (besides the OGs, and people who are actually involved with MPGH for not just marketplace reasons).
    Basically use the market at your own risk, and only buy from users you know (ex. Lunatic, Paradise and any other obviously good sellers) and the others will get purged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    When schuba speaks, people listen

Donator: September 24th, 2014
    News Force: October 17th, 2015 - ~Dec 2019
    News Force Editor: February 4th, 2017 - April, 2017

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdxt View Post

@moose suggested this on Skype: where you give your name address picture of yourself and proof of it all and you can then sell on the marketplace. But what y'all need to remember is we can easily get fake IDs online. This is the internet.
    I've never seen a fake ID that looks at all legit for less than $100. So to scam as verified, one will need at least $250 to invest. Probably another $100 for the verified tag if it ever becomes a thing. So like $350 just for the ability to scam. Unless they make some crazy fake service that costs $400 a pop, it wouldn't ever be worth scamming.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by jdxt View Post

Guys you will never eliminate scams here, I think the best apporach of all is either private mm or training on how not to get scammed. Besides I would never share my personal info on some random forum, that is out of question.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ View Post

Guys you will never eliminate scams here, I think the best apporach of all is either private mm or training on how not to get scammed. Besides I would never share my personal info on some random forum, that is out of question.
    Exactly.
    Especially with how many times I've been personally affected by the MPGH database getting leaked.. I wouldn't give any personal information like a fucking debit card to Arun/Dave or Liz..
    Like I said in my original comment, you can't get rid of scamming, it won't happen. Just purge the sketchy sellers by not buying what they're selling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    When schuba speaks, people listen

Donator: September 24th, 2014
    News Force: October 17th, 2015 - ~Dec 2019
    News Force Editor: February 4th, 2017 - April, 2017

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, but what? Who in their right mind would pay $25 for premium, $100 for premium seller, and then however much a verified tag would cost and then try to scam? There comes a point where it's just not worth the headache for any scammer and proving your identity may just be that point.
    Yeah true that, unless you're gonna find someone who will pay up for that much of money and will scam
    -but that is so unlikely anyone would scam.
    All opinions are my own.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuba View Post

Exactly.
    Especially with how many times I've been personally affected by the MPGH database getting leaked.. I wouldn't give any personal information like a fucking debit card to Arun/Dave or Liz..
    Like I said in my original comment, you can't get rid of scamming, it won't happen. Just purge the sketchy sellers by not buying what they're selling.
    Lmao I dont agree with the personal info but if we look at the debit card - it would be on a Payment Gateway Arun or Liz or Dave don't have your Debit Card details what they do have is the option to process a payment of x amount at any given time until canceled. When canceled you lose the ability to sell the service.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast