Thread: About my Ban

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Dam koen, tough shit. And as pot said, it is just plain stupid to surf the web with 0 protection. Thats like banging with no condom and not pulling out in time. its almost guaranteed jacked shit up will happen...

Wait...is this a bad example?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Azathᴏth For This Useful Post:

Obama (03-24-2010),paulieboyy (03-31-2010),shortimidgit (03-25-2010),VoodooMon (03-25-2010)

Thanks
    Honestly, going online surfing the web etc, etc without an anti-virus is asking to be hacked.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by omfgwtflolmfao View Post
    Honestly, going online surfing the web etc, etc without an anti-virus is asking to be hacked.
    No,
    There is a difference between noobie "Viruses", And being hacked by someone.

Just go somewhere and ask to be hacked, You will find it way less funny than a crappy virus.

Anti-Virus saves your ass ~35% Of the time if you download and give your rights to dumb things, They try to clean the shit you have done so your PC continues working "Correctly" without crap.

If you do get hacked, Your little anti-Virus won't have the time to cry, And will not be able to save your ass, Don't think you are safe just because your crappy proggie says you are "Up To Date".

If your proggie is up to date, It means that some people have been infected, Fucked, And that your Anti-Vir company had the time to analyse and counter the stuff in an "efficient" way, So, You are not protected against recent / custom / made-to-kill-you-specifically stuff, Don't get fooled.

Sorry to break your "Safety" dreams, But any talent hacker that you get against you can rape your ass 300 Times if he / she doesn't likes yas, Even with your little software.

Love,
    Mely
    Love You All~

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodia View Post
    No,

Just go somewhere and ask to be hacked, You will find it way less funny than a crappy virus.

Anti-Virus saves your ass ~35% Of the time if you download and give your rights to dumb things, They try to clean the shit you have done so your PC continues working "Correctly" without crap.

If you do get hacked, Your little anti-Virus won't have the time to cry, And will not be able to save your ass, Don't think you are safe just because your crappy proggie says you are "Up To Date".

If your proggie is up to date, It means that some people have been infected, Fucked, And that your Anti-Vir company had the time to analyse and counter the stuff in an "efficient" way, So, You are not protected against recent / custom / made-to-kill-you-specifically stuff, Don't get fooled.

Sorry to break your "Safety" dreams, But any talent hacker that you get against you can rape your ass 300 Times if he / she doesn't likes yas, Even with your little software.

Love,
    Mely
    Oh no he di'int

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I Believe You Like Always :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by lars08 View Post
    I Believe You Like Always :P
    man koen has so many faithful believers ha can have his own cult

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Shit happens... But i dont think Koen Did/meant to do that? Or did he even do that :P Lol... anyways Koen is a good boy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodia View Post
    No,

Love,
    Mely
    The little antivirus is a complex program and in most situations daily updated by a big company. It must sound logic if there are (to give a totally wrong example) 100K x independant coders more then the people who update the signatures or security companies backing them up. Yes there are crypters and stubs who can make any file (lets say WarrockHack.exe) binded with a virus, look like legit. This goes often about stealers, who grab your browser passwords, steam passwords etc and send it trough your internet connection to a crypted (ftp) server somewhere on the net. Most of the times, if the fully undetected way is shared by others on the net, anti-virus will catch up (may be a couple of days or a week or 2). If the FUD is fully private, this can take long. Which is again obvious and not the problem of your anti-virus. This is a problem in the way that windows got built. But then again, any system built by humans will have flaws who can be exploited by people who think its fun in their free time, or people who use it for yes, money on greater scales.

Even malware (adware, grayware, whateverware- is another problem (but this is better to reckognize by security programs), which collects all your personal info and behaviour, even the site mpgh.net you visit.

Then you got the keyloggers (trojans for example)(whom are not thesame as stealers). And then you got the virusses who got their 'own' life (even virusses who evolve, re-write their own algorithms. And then you got the botnets (You dont want to be part of this).

Conclusion,
    Stealers are popular these days. Really, more popular then keyloggers. Stealers are way more targetted, and when build well, they'll just activate on the right timing.
    Government wants to get the internet in hands, they are spying on you and using darker ways now (Don't argue, I know enough articles). When they have laws, they will do it in front of your eyes. (They will be the biggest asses in the future, even your beloved streamed video from a music clip will NOT be tolerated and seen as an act of copyright infrigment, aka a crime. Next to that you got the underground people, who want internet as a big chaotic place, free to do whatever you want, non-controlled.

You cant just protect yourself fully if you use windows. If you want to be more protected, I suggest looking at linux, unix but then you'll have a software problem (and with unix a problem that you need to learn 'a couple' of commands). There will always be flaws, exploits, ... Even if AI would be built on human code, it would be assumable that the AI will contain errors who will or can evolve to more or different errors.

At last, what I only can suggest is (for koen ):
    - Just use a firewall (zone-alarm?), learn about ports so you know when your fw pop-ups hey this program wants to connect to there with that portnumber.
    - Learn dos commands, this may help you once a while. Dos may be old, but it can give you usefull information! (for example the current open connections).
    - When you format your pc and throw your OS on it, put your always-used software on it, make an image and burn that to DVD. Make a data partition which should be back-upped to a external HD once a while. If something goes wrong, don't even bother doing a format and re-install of windows, just grab your image and put it back on. It does only take a couple of minutes vs the hours of formatting/updating.
    - Get yourself an anti-virus. Yes it may not protect you against new virusses once a while, but it may protect you to a couple of 100k or more existing virusses. Put a sheduler on it so it scans auto on a pre-set time.
    - You might wanna put a malware remover on it like ad-aware, put a sheduler on that.
    - Check your incoming and outgoing traffic with your firewall.

This is basic protection, not advanced, which should be used by everyone.
    Not using this, will surely lead to troubles, being hacked, being stolen.

You might think what I say is bullshit and it won't happen to you.
    Last edited by lolcopter0; 03-25-2010 at 05:26 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lolcopter0 For This Useful Post:

kklalz (03-25-2010)

Thanks
    Sorry, but not using a AV is kinda dumb IMO, you get infected very easily especially if you download something. And as we know, you download A LOT, therefore not having a antivirus is like suiciding.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcopter0 View Post
    The little antivirus is a complex program and in most situations daily updated by a big company. It must sound logic if there are (to give a totally wrong example) 100K x independant coders more then the people who update the signatures or security companies backing them up. Yes there are crypters and stubs who can make any file (lets say WarrockHack.exe) binded with a virus, look like legit. This goes often about stealers, who grab your browser passwords, steam passwords etc and send it trough your internet connection to a crypted (ftp) server somewhere on the net. Most of the times, if the fully undetected way is shared by others on the net, anti-virus will catch up (may be a couple of days or a week or 2). If the FUD is fully private, this can take long. Which is again obvious and not the problem of your anti-virus. This is a problem in the way that windows got built. But then again, any system built by humans will have flaws who can be exploited by people who think its fun in their free time, or people who use it for yes, money on greater scales.

Even malware (adware, grayware, whateverware- is another problem (but this is better to reckognize by security programs), which collects all your personal info and behaviour, even the site mpgh.net you visit.

Then you got the keyloggers (trojans for example)(whom are not thesame as stealers). And then you got the virusses who got their 'own' life (even virusses who evolve, re-write their own algorithms. And then you got the botnets (You dont want to be part of this).

Conclusion,
    Stealers are popular these days. Really, more popular then keyloggers. Stealers are way more targetted, and when build well, they'll just activate on the right timing.
    Government wants to get the internet in hands, they are spying on you and using darker ways now (Don't argue, I know enough articles). When they have laws, they will do it in front of your eyes. (They will be the biggest asses in the future, even your beloved streamed video from a music clip will NOT be tolerated and seen as an act of copyright infrigment, aka a crime. Next to that you got the underground people, who want internet as a big chaotic place, free to do whatever you want, non-controlled.

You cant just protect yourself fully if you use windows. If you want to be more protected, I suggest looking at linux, unix but then you'll have a software problem (and with unix a problem that you need to learn 'a couple' of commands). There will always be flaws, exploits, ... Even if AI would be built on human code, it would be assumable that the AI will contain errors who will or can evolve to more or different errors.

At last, what I only can suggest is (for koen ):
    - Just use a firewall (zone-alarm?), learn about ports so you know when your fw pop-ups hey this program wants to connect to there with that portnumber.
    - Learn dos commands, this may help you once a while. Dos may be old, but it can give you usefull information! (for example the current open connections).
    - When you format your pc and throw your OS on it, put your always-used software on it, make an image and burn that to DVD. Make a data partition which should be back-upped to a external HD once a while. If something goes wrong, don't even bother doing a format and re-install of windows, just grab your image and put it back on. It does only take a couple of minutes vs the hours of formatting/updating.
    - Get yourself an anti-virus. Yes it may not protect you against new virusses once a while, but it may protect you to a couple of 100k or more existing virusses. Put a sheduler on it so it scans auto on a pre-set time.
    - You might wanna put a malware remover on it like ad-aware, put a sheduler on that.
    - Check your incoming and outgoing traffic with your firewall.

This is basic protection, not advanced, which should be used by everyone.
    Not using this, will surely lead to troubles, being hacked, being stolen.

You might think what I say is bullshit and it won't happen to you.
    Kinda basic knowledge but interesting to read and instructive for people who didn't already know that.

From my own experience, i suggest Kis (Kaspersky Internet Security).
    I tested mostly all AV, and iam using this one since 2/3 years, never had a single problem. Sure there will always be a risk, but Kaspersky is a damn fuckn powered program.

I just post this as a suggestion & from my own experience.
    S U C K

Thanks
    Didn't russians made KIS? They do know how to hack, therefore they do know to make AV's . Been using KIS, too. Unfortunately my license is over

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubb1337 View Post
    Didn't russians made KIS? They do know how to hack, therefore they do know to make AV's . Been using KIS, too. Unfortunately my license is over
    Humm not that hard to find license over the web, but key are blacklisted too often so i bought it
    S U C K

Thanks
    So did I Thinking about buying another 1-year-license...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    It is really fishy, ya know...
    Maybe too fishy to bealieve, sorry.

Anime List!
    .hack// sign
    .hack//the legend of twilight braclet
    NANA
    Hellsing
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Elfen Lied