Thread: Is It just Me?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Is It just Me?

It seems to me that people on this site have a shitty taste in graphics. Let me first say that I know that I am nowhere close to being good at gfx but, how some people compare sigs to me is unbelievable. Some tags people make that are good and actually take time to make get no votes in the sotw, or people just dislike it, But ones that you cant even tell what the fuck it is, Its just a fucking blur people vote and give high ratings. The fucks up with that? Another example is how people like my iron man sig, To me its the worst I have ever done and looks like shit, and I personally think that my halo sig is much better. This has gotten so bad that someones sig quite literally looks like someone shit on it. On a side note, How come people prefer their sigs with alot of color, And not with dark and the orange/purple gradient. Anyone, Thats just my thoughts on this and I was compelled to post this.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I personally like your Halo Sig better than the Ironman, though the Ironman is nice

I'm still confused on how i got 4 votes in the SOTW, it was my first entry and it was total shit....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibstor View Post
    awesome trade with him I went first everthing went PERFECTLY! +1
    Newest Piece

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Trianglez View Post
    It seems to me that people on this site have a shitty taste in graphics. Let me first say that I know that I am nowhere close to being good at gfx but, how some people compare sigs to me is unbelievable. Some tags people make that are good and actually take time to make get no votes in the sotw, or people just dislike it, But ones that you cant even tell what the fuck it is, Its just a fucking blur people vote and give high ratings. The fucks up with that? Another example is how people like my iron man sig, To me its the worst I have ever done and looks like shit, and I personally think that my halo sig is much better. This has gotten so bad that someones sig quite literally looks like someone shit on it. On a side note, How come people prefer their sigs with alot of color, And not with dark and the orange/purple gradient. Anyone, Thats just my thoughts on this and I was compelled to post this.
    Yes, alot of people do have "shit" taste in GFX. Because this isn't a forum, based solely on graphics, most people choose what is appealing to them (or whoever they like). It would be different somewhere else that concentrates on GFX. But that's expected, this is a hacking forum, most people don't know shit in PS.

As to both of your signatures, I personally think the iron man one is better. Your halo signature is overcontrasted, making it really really hard on the eyes, plus its covered in splatters (not as appealing as the other tag) whereas the iron man one has a better lightsource, its not too bright, and it doesn't hurt to look at.

To the colour part, more colours is more appealing, purple to orange is really plain after you've seen it 500 million times by 500 million different people (exaggeration, yes). Having more than 2 colours makes it stand out, orange to purple is bland. (but sometimes too much colour hurts, especially with overcontrasting D: )
    [IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/blackorbs_zps443616a7.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    cuz all the good GFX artists have gone and give no good CnC, dont get me wrong the people who do GFX in this section now are pretty l33t

Thanks
    Minez are gud?
    [IMG]https://i306.photobucke*****m/albums/nn265/chugsweet23/Reverb.png[/IMG]

Bans: 1337

.:Gifts:.

Johhny 3 Tears: [x] [x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    This generation of sig makers kinda suck. No offense. I'm horrible at sig making as well. Ali G was good, As well as Kyle. Those people I would really want to learn from. Other people such as Scrcrw and Heath are good too. GFX is slowly dying. It's a matter of time until people quit making sigs in this forum.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Only around 10% percent of GFX cavers here actually know their shit.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    what happens sumtimes is ppl that take a long time to do sigs watch tutorials so they remember what they learned and follow it. I do mine fast because i learned everysingle thing ive ever done completely alone (never watched a tut bfore). but ure right in the SOTW votes most ppl get picked bcuz other ppl like them. if im wrong about the first or last part im sorry.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Who are you?
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    the people who are actully into gfx here use gfx forums

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Preston View Post
    the people who are actully into gfx here use gfx forums

And only come here to showoff their shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post

pretty much

[IMG]https://i930.photobucke*****m/albums/ad149/MattPreston/God-of-the-ex.png[/IMG]

Shifty sexy shit

[IMG]https://i152.photobucke*****m/albums/s198/blackbliss11/scrcrwgift.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post

Correctomundo.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

[England, UK...] Activity Time: GMT (9am-8pm)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trianglez View Post
    Go to the top of this page, and read the forum title. Most forums have a gfx section, and really it does it for them, just average sigs which users who really don't care what they have in their sigspace. If people here want to get serious about doing graphics then they need to branch out.

Also, when it comes down to what looks better, it is mostly to do with experience and general athestic knowledge. Because at the end of the day anyone can open a c4d.
    Last edited by Kyle; 06-27-2010 at 06:48 PM.

War does not determine who is right- only who is left.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast