Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Visiblegaming View Post
    Go read the Freaking BIBLE kid.

WITCHES
    You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

FAGS
    "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
    A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad
    Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents
    1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
    2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery
    If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication
    A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers
    They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Say NO MORE BRO! LEARN TO READ yOUR OWN BIBLE! STEPPED ON!
    Old Testament..
    Pre-Moses era.
    Haven't read OT in ages.
    The application of salvation is NT.
    Btw, The Nab stuff you quoted isn't 100% accurate.
    I checked every one of those passages and there was a lot of inconsistency.
    This is why knowing the Hebrew and Greek text is important.
    God did many things in the Old testament that puzzled,
    and still puzzles believers. If you want my outlook..it is this.
    Back in the OT days, God was ruthless..he loved his children, but would not deal with impure action.
    As his children developed mentally,
    so did God's tolerance for man and their tendency to be corrupted by sin nature.
    This is why Moses was used to lay down the new law,
    The commandments were preparation for the Messiah's coming.

You did prove me wrong though.
    There were these few passages where God did "allow" Death.
    I will say this again though..he didn't say: "GO OUT AND KILL the unholy"
    He simply allowed it.

Here is an example of true Nasb Hebrew translation of Leviticus 20:10 in English.

"If there is a man who commits adultery with another man's wife ,one who commits adultery with a friends wife,the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death"

Note the word "shall"
    This mean God "allows" it..he;s not saying go kill every adulterer you see.
    He is insinuating that those found guilty of this crime may be put to death.

I noticed many of these inconsistencies in the passages you posted.

You used words like "must"

Where in my Bible it is, words like "May" or "Shall"

Either way, Christians are to follow only certain things from the OT.
    Mainly, feasts..since these are the only things Jesus himself still observed when he walked.
    Everything else with the exception of Holy days,
    and the commandments don't need to be applied to a Christian today.
    The majority of the OT was meant for Jews and Gentiles that refused God.
    I stick to what I say..
    If you think in this day and age it is ok to kill,
    as long as it is done in God's name..well..you're truly a fool.
    Last edited by Assalamu alaikum; 10-13-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Bawls View Post
    Old Testament..
    Pre-Moses era.
    Haven't read OT in ages.
    The application of salvation is NT.
    Btw, The Nab stuff you quoted isn't 100% accurate.
    I checked every one of those passages and there was a lot of inconsistency.
    This is why knowing the Hebrew and Greek text is important.
    God did many things in the Old testament that puzzled,
    and still puzzles believers. If you want my outlook..it is this.
    Back in the OT days, God was ruthless..he loved his children, but would not deal with impure action.
    As his children developed mentally,
    so did God's tolerance for man and their tendency to be corrupted by sin nature.
    This is why Moses was used to lay down the new law,
    The commandments were preparation for the Messiah's coming.

You did prove me wrong though.
    There were these few passages where God did "allow" Death.
    I will say this again though..he didn't say: "GO OUT AND KILL the unholy"
    He simply allowed it.

Here is an example of true Nasb Hebrew translation of Leviticus 20:10 in English.

"If there is a man who commits adultery with another man's wife ,one who commits adultery with a friends wife,the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death"

Note the word "shall"
    This mean God "allows" it..he;s not saying go kill every adulterer you see.
    He is insinuating that those found guilty of this crime may be put to death.

I noticed many of these inconsistencies in the passages you posted.

You used words like "must"

Where in my Bible it is, words like "May" or "Shall"

Either way, Christians are to follow only certain things from the OT.
    Mainly, feasts..since these are the only things Jesus himself still observed when he walked.
    Everything else with the exception of Holy days,
    and the commandments don't need to be applied to a Christian today.
    The majority of the OT was meant for Jews and Gentiles that refused God.
    I stick to what I say..
    If you think in this day and age it is ok to kill,
    as long as it is done in God's name..well..you're truly a fool.
    Bravo, you got my respect.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Visible you need to realize this was law back then, not commanding people to kill others.

In other words, its like the chop the hand law for theifs they used to have lol.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    *Sigh* so what? because MAN didn't want the OLD testament, a new one was made?

God was ruthless? So now god have feelings and emotions? human to god comparison..

New testament:

Genesis 6:7 (King James Version) - God pissed off?

And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air.

Matthew 5:38 - O.O Killing a murder makes you a Murderer

'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'

Exodus 21:28 - Animal cruelty - Kill an ox for its nature?
    "If a bull gores a man or a woman to death, the bull must be stoned to death"

Oh and for your information, the Bibel -New testament- has 2x More VOILENCE involved then the quran?

and the Old testament has 4x the VOILENCE in the quran? Fact.

Thanks
    *Sigh* so what? because MAN didn't want the OLD testament, a new one was made?

God was ruthless? So now god have feelings and emotions? human to god comparison..

New testament:

And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air.

Oh and for your information, the Bibel -New testament- has 2x More VOILENCE involved then the quran?

and the Old testament has 4x the VOILENCE in the quran? Fact.

Rofl..so you're trying to tell us Genesis is New Testament..??
    It was the first book of the bible..that is Old testament..wow..

The only thing you quoted that was new Testament was the book of Matthew,one of my favorite books of the bible.
    Yes" Killing a murderer makes you a murderer." That is true.
    We are not God, therefore we don't have the right to play his part.
    Only the Lord has the right to take a life. NOT MAN.

You can continue to try and justify your beliefs,
    but you are wasting time.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[a] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

I'm sorry, but this proves pretty much all of his arguments wrong. He quotes a tiny, tiny bit, leaving out the rest. When obviously it makes a big difference.

Visible, I win.[/COLOR]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[a] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

I'm sorry, but this proves pretty much all of his arguments wrong. He quotes a tiny, tiny bit, leaving out the rest. When obviously it makes a big difference.

Visible, I win.
    The fact that he thinks Genesis is New Testament pretty much sums up his knowledge of the Bible. I'm not quoting the Qur'an because I don't know enough about it, and I also don't go and copy and paste misinformation like he certainly loves to do. "HI I'M VISIBLE..I BELIEVE EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNETS." Honestly..we should just ignore the kid. Let him talk amongst his other brainwashed extremist buddies.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    For someone who hates 60 minutes for their misuse of quotes, he sure quotes things to fit his argument.

Thanks
    It pains me to see how you think was an inside job.
    And I see why it wasn't an inside job, but it pisses me off that you don't. but i don't try to force it onto you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zhengwei View Post
    It pains me to see how you think was an inside job.
    And I see why it wasn't an inside job, but it pisses me off that you don't. but i don't try to force it onto you.
    What in the fuck?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Bawls View Post
    What in the fuck?
    It is spam, so he can download hacks and shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Ha! I know the bible off by heart EMPIRE. i have an RE degree. and study religious studys.

you took 1 of my qoutes out fair enough, now crack these.

Biblecracker.EXE

Crack this - NEW TESTAMENT-

Matthew 10: 34-36
    "Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword.

"Joshua 11:20, 'For it was the Lord himself who hardened their hearts to wage war against Israel, so that he might destroy them totally, exterminating them without mercy, as the Lord had commanded Moses.' "
    Last edited by Visiblegaming; 10-15-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Ha! I know the bible off by heart EMPIRE. i have an RE degree. and study religious studys.

you took 1 of my qoutes out fair enough, now crack these.

Biblecracker.EXE

Crack this - NEW TESTAMENT-

Matthew 10: 34-36
    "Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword.

"Joshua 11:20, 'For it was the Lord himself who hardened their hearts to wage war against Israel, so that he might destroy them totally, exterminating them without mercy, as the Lord had commanded Moses.' "
    Joshua 11:20

Talking about how tribes that had unrightful claims to the land of Israel.

1And it came to pass, when Jabin king of Hazor had heard those things, that he sent to Jobab king of Madon, and to the king of Shimron, and to the king of Achshaph, 2And to the kings that were on the north of the mountains, and of the plains south of Chinneroth, and in the valley, and in the borders of Dor on the west, 3And to the Canaanite on the east and on the west, and to the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Jebusite in the mountains, and to the Hivite under Hermon in the land of Mizpeh. 4And they went out, they and all their hosts with them, much people, even as the sand that is upon the sea shore in multitude, with horses and chariots very many. 5And when all these kings were met together, they came and pitched together at the waters of Merom, to fight against Israel.

6And the LORD said unto Joshua, Be not afraid because of them: for to morrow about this time will I deliver them up all slain before Israel: thou shalt hough their horses, and burn their chariots with fire. 7So Joshua came, and all the people of war with him, against them by the waters of Merom suddenly; and they fell upon them. 8And the LORD delivered them into the hand of Israel, who smote them, and chased them unto great Zidon, and unto Misrephothmaim, and unto the valley of Mizpeh eastward; and they smote them, until they left them none remaining. 9And Joshua did unto them as the LORD bade him: he houghed their horses, and burnt their chariots with fire.

10And Joshua at that time turned back, and took Hazor, and smote the king thereof with the sword: for Hazor beforetime was the head of all those kingdoms. 11And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire. 12And all the cities of those kings, and all the kings of them, did Joshua take, and smote them with the edge of the sword, and he utterly destroyed them, as Moses the servant of the LORD commanded. 13But as for the cities that stood still in their strength, Israel burned none of them, save Hazor only; that did Joshua burn. 14And all the spoil of these cities, and the cattle, the children of Israel took for a prey unto themselves; but every man they smote with the edge of the sword, until they had destroyed them, neither left they any to breathe. 15As the LORD commanded Moses his servant, so did Moses command Joshua, and so did Joshua; he left nothing undone of all that the LORD commanded Moses.

16So Joshua took all that land, the hills, and all the south country, and all the land of Goshen, and the valley, and the plain, and the mountain of Israel, and the valley of the same; 17Even from the mount Halak, that goeth up to Seir, even unto Baalgad in the valley of Lebanon under mount Hermon: and all their kings he took, and smote them, and slew them. 18Joshua made war a long time with all those kings. 19There was not a city that made peace with the children of Israel, save the Hivites the inhabitants of Gibeon: all other they took in battle. 20For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the LORD commanded Moses.

21And at that time came Joshua, and cut off the Anakims from the mountains, from Hebron, from Debir, from Anab, and from all the mountains of Judah, and from all the mountains of Israel: Joshua destroyed them utterly with their cities. 22There was none of the Anakims left in the land of the children of Israel: only in Gaza, in Gath, and in Ashdod, there remained. 23So Joshua took the whole land, according to all that the LORD said unto Moses; and Joshua gave it for an inheritance unto Israel according to their divisions by their tribes. And the land rested from war.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    Joshua 11:20

Talking about how tribes that had unrightful claims to the land of Israel.

1And it came to pass, when Jabin king of Hazor had heard those things, that he sent to Jobab king of Madon, and to the king of Shimron, and to the king of Achshaph, 2And to the kings that were on the north of the mountains, and of the plains south of Chinneroth, and in the valley, and in the borders of Dor on the west, 3And to the Canaanite on the east and on the west, and to the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Jebusite in the mountains, and to the Hivite under Hermon in the land of Mizpeh. 4And they went out, they and all their hosts with them, much people, even as the sand that is upon the sea shore in multitude, with horses and chariots very many. 5And when all these kings were met together, they came and pitched together at the waters of Merom, to fight against Israel.

6And the LORD said unto Joshua, Be not afraid because of them: for to morrow about this time will I deliver them up all slain before Israel: thou shalt hough their horses, and burn their chariots with fire. 7So Joshua came, and all the people of war with him, against them by the waters of Merom suddenly; and they fell upon them. 8And the LORD delivered them into the hand of Israel, who smote them, and chased them unto great Zidon, and unto Misrephothmaim, and unto the valley of Mizpeh eastward; and they smote them, until they left them none remaining. 9And Joshua did unto them as the LORD bade him: he houghed their horses, and burnt their chariots with fire.

10And Joshua at that time turned back, and took Hazor, and smote the king thereof with the sword: for Hazor beforetime was the head of all those kingdoms. 11And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire. 12And all the cities of those kings, and all the kings of them, did Joshua take, and smote them with the edge of the sword, and he utterly destroyed them, as Moses the servant of the LORD commanded. 13But as for the cities that stood still in their strength, Israel burned none of them, save Hazor only; that did Joshua burn. 14And all the spoil of these cities, and the cattle, the children of Israel took for a prey unto themselves; but every man they smote with the edge of the sword, until they had destroyed them, neither left they any to breathe. 15As the LORD commanded Moses his servant, so did Moses command Joshua, and so did Joshua; he left nothing undone of all that the LORD commanded Moses.

16So Joshua took all that land, the hills, and all the south country, and all the land of Goshen, and the valley, and the plain, and the mountain of Israel, and the valley of the same; 17Even from the mount Halak, that goeth up to Seir, even unto Baalgad in the valley of Lebanon under mount Hermon: and all their kings he took, and smote them, and slew them. 18Joshua made war a long time with all those kings. 19There was not a city that made peace with the children of Israel, save the Hivites the inhabitants of Gibeon: all other they took in battle. 20For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the LORD commanded Moses.

21And at that time came Joshua, and cut off the Anakims from the mountains, from Hebron, from Debir, from Anab, and from all the mountains of Judah, and from all the mountains of Israel: Joshua destroyed them utterly with their cities. 22There was none of the Anakims left in the land of the children of Israel: only in Gaza, in Gath, and in Ashdod, there remained. 23So Joshua took the whole land, according to all that the LORD said unto Moses; and Joshua gave it for an inheritance unto Israel according to their divisions by their tribes. And the land rested from war.

Lol, walls of text i can't read, please sum it up for me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Bold parts are important:
    And it came to pass, when Jabin king of Hazor had heard those things, that he sent to Jobab king of Madon, and to the king of Shimron, and to the king of Achshaph, 2And to the kings that were on the north of the mountains, and of the plains south of Chinneroth, and in the valley, and in the borders of Dor on the west, 3And to the Canaanite on the east and on the west, and to the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Jebusite in the mountains, and to the Hivite under Hermon in the land of Mizpeh. 4And they went out, they and all their hosts with them, much people, even as the sand that is upon the sea shore in multitude, with horses and chariots very many. 5And when all these kings were met together, they came and pitched together at the waters of Merom, to fight against Israel.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast