Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by KKji View Post
    Just got in HS.
    You need those license thingys to babysit right?
    My school offers like, babysitting classes, then you get a license at the end, but the cost of the classes are like, 45 dollars and hour.
    At school?
    BALD ALLAH OF MPGH
    League of Legends God & Previous Minion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-Man View Post

At school?
    yes, at school.

[IMG]https://i768.photobucke*****m/albums/xx328/schlurbii/Signatures/KyhasSigcopy.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Just got in HS.
    You need those license thingys to babysit right?
    My school offers like, babysitting classes, then you get a license at the end, but the cost of the classes are like, 45 dollars and hour.
    No you don't need a licenses too.
    You can get a paper route job, baby sitting, work with your parents. Idk many small jobs for a 14 year old.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    rename to "How to make your parents shit broke, then live on the streets"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to batyee1 For This Useful Post:

Divine Nexus (09-01-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    All depends if ur a spoiled shit.
    Agreed. Works if you're spoiled shit, I had to buy my own computer and even pay for the power it uses. ">.>

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Nexus View Post
    Agreed. Works if you're spoiled shit, I had to buy my own computer and even pay for the power it uses. ">.>
    Poor neigbour hood?
    BALD ALLAH OF MPGH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    your only saying that because you don't understand how it feels to have such a crappy laptop that it takes like 10 seconds for you to Right Click.

You're just saying that because you don't now how it's like to work for things.

You're just saying that because
    you think your experience entitles you to things.

you really are just a spoiled kid that has means, but won't apply himself.

I came from a not so ideal neighborhood, people wouldn't let anyone babysit or mow their lawn for cash because they weren't trusted with all the crime that went on. Of course if I wanted nice things, I had less opportunity. There are plenty of ways to make money online, I was making a passive income since I was 10.

Don't be such an ass like that, if I were a parent and my kid was going online asking strangers if he should mess up the laptop that I bought with MY money after working my ass of to support a family, I'd give him a good ass whooping and make him work to pay off that laptop.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

How do you even determine how much energy it uses

You're just saying that because you don't now how it's like to work for things.

you think your experience entitles you to things.

you really are just a spoiled kid that has means, but won't apply himself.

I came from a not so ideal neighborhood, people wouldn't let anyone babysit or mow their lawn for cash because they weren't trusted with all the crime that went on. Of course if I wanted nice things, I had less opportunity. There are plenty of ways to make money online, I was making a passive income since I was 10.

Don't be such an ass like that, if I were a parent and my kid was going online asking strangers if he should mess up the laptop that I bought with MY money after working my ass of to support a family, I'd give him a good ass whooping and make him work to pay off that laptop.
    10 years old??
    Last edited by KKji; 09-01-2011 at 07:50 PM.

[IMG]https://i768.photobucke*****m/albums/xx328/schlurbii/Signatures/KyhasSigcopy.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Poor neigbour hood?
    Not poor neighborhood, pretty bad one. Plus parents that don't earn much and want better values and skills for me so I don't turn out like the OP.

How do you even determine how much energy it uses

10 years old??
    Plug in power meter, you can find cheap ones for around 5 bucks at some places, usually less than $20 though. I pay kilowatt hours for it, and I had to build it myself.

And yes, from 10. I always had exceptional writing skills (teachers called in my parents to ask if they were writing for me, plus accused me of plagiarism just because it was unfathomable to them) so I wrote articles, tried joining affiliate programs, advertised things. If someone bought an item through my link, I got 4-8% of the seller's revenue form it. You're 14, so you should have an easier time doing it then I did. It might take a while to get the hang of it though. If you need help starting out, I can assist you. I started out with surv3ys and crap, then went to writing articles later on.
    Last edited by Divine Nexus; 09-01-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Not poor neighborhood, pretty bad one. Plus parents that don't earn much and want better values and skills for me so I don't turn out like the OP.

Plug in power meter, you can find cheap ones for around 5 bucks at some places, usually less than $20 though. I pay kilowatt hours for it, and I had to build it myself.

And yes, from 10. I always had exceptional writing skills (teachers called in my parents to ask if they were righting for me, plus accused me of plagiarism just because it was unfathomable to them) so I wrote articles, tried joining affiliate programs, advertised things. If someone bought an item through my link, I got 4-8% of the seller's revenue form it. You're 14, so you should have an easier time doing it then I did. It might take a while to get the hang of it though. If you need help starting out, I can assist you. I started out with surv3ys and crap, then went to writing articles later on.
    Your smart. Stay like that. Most poor people (no offence) are stupid and give up on life.
    BALD ALLAH OF MPGH

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    'walk in store'

'purchases laptop'

That was easy.

Thanks
    your only saying that because you don't understand how it feels to have such a crappy laptop that it takes like 10 seconds for you to Right Click.
    Backup the stuff you need and reinstall Windows. It's possible that it has become very bloated, and reinstalling could do you some good. Or you could format the HDD and install Fedora or Ubuntu and have a speedy Linux box at your disposal. Your options are limitless; your hardware is probably fine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Your smart. Stay like that. Most poor people (no offence) are stupid and give up on life.
    Lower middle class growing up. But I'm not offended, again, thanks.

People really need to see what they have at their disposal, some grow up in a great place and get whatever they want, but they never apply themselves and end up wasted in a ghetto. They should learn a skill or trade, work hard, and stray away from the foolish thoughts that this thread was founded upon.

In the country my parents came from, education is was not a right until recently. People could drop out legally by 3rd grade if they wanted, and if you wanted to go to school, you had to pay for it, unlike the many public schools here in the US. And even then, they weren't governed by good laws and physical discipline was allowed on the children. My grandmother was only able to afford to send on of her three children, my mom, to go to college. My dad was less fortunate, he never went to college in that country, and had to work as a teenager.

When immigrants come to the US, those that had tough backgrounds like my parents, they expect to achieve what they couldn't through their children. My parents put my education first, because they believe I'm so fortunate to be entitled to it unlike how there were in their native country decades ago. I was lucky to be born in this country, and my parents remind of that. I got a much better life than they did growing up, better resources, and life wasn't hard on me. They had high expectations for me, they paid to raise me, it was my turn to make my life better and fulfill the rest of the deal of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post

Backup the stuff you need and reinstall Windows. It's possible that it has become very bloated, and reinstalling could do you some good. Or you could format the HDD and install Fedora or Ubuntu and have a speedy Linux box at your disposal. Your options are limitless; your hardware is probably fine.
    Exactly, and you should always be cleaning your cache and registry, plus defragmenting. Those are the first things you can do right at your desktop.
    Last edited by Divine Nexus; 09-01-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks
    This is how it would turn out for me.

Step 1. Wrap clothes, blankets, ect, around laptop.
    Step 2. Keep overheating it.
    Step 3. add few drops of water. Computer will break and the heat left from the overheating will evaporate the water drops.
    Step 4. Tell parents that laptop is old and broken.
    Step 5. Hog dads laptop until he agrees to buy new one.
    Step 6. Dad beats me till half dead, locks me in basement with no food for 1 week
    Step 7. Mom comes to check on me, and expresses her love by saying: "Shoulda got that fucking abortion"

Step 8. Cops find skeletal remains 20 years later.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Bawls View Post
    This is how it would turn out for me.

Step 1. Wrap clothes, blankets, ect, around laptop.
    Step 2. Keep overheating it.
    Step 3. add few drops of water. Computer will break and the heat left from the overheating will evaporate the water drops.
    Step 4. Tell parents that laptop is old and broken.
    Step 5. Hog dads laptop until he agrees to buy new one.
    Step 6. Dad beats me till half dead, locks me in basement with no food for 1 week
    Step 7. Mom comes to check on me, and expresses her love by saying: "Shoulda got that fucking abortion"

Step 8. Cops find skeletal remains 20 years later.

Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast