Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    So much fucking reading.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    All my shit is handy downs and almost all dells and jury rigged and worked on.

Dell Inspiron 1540 - Minecraft and fuck around.

Pentium 4 @ 2.1
    4 GB RAM
    Running ubuntu hosting Minecraft and such

Dell Dimension e521 - File server

AMD something or other @ 2.00
    4 GB RAM
    2x 160 GB hard drives that I store random files on
    Dual boot Ubuntu (Wubi) and Vista

Dell Latitude e6500 - Travel

Core 2 duo @ 2.5 I think it was.
    4 GB RAM
    32 bit Windows 7 home premium
    GMA45
    160 HDD (Going to get a SSD for it soon)

Dell XPS 8300 - Main

i5 2300 @ 2.8
    6GB RAM
    ATI HD 6450 (Casual gaming)
    1 TB HDD
    It gets the job done.

G4 PowerPC Forget the specs haven't used it in a while.
    G4 Powerbook also forgot the specs on it.

I am not much of a fan of Apple computers; old or new.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Yes Intel's propriety controller maybe more reliable then Marvell and Sandforce controllers, the sacrifice in performance makes it a null option. Especially when Corsair almost match in reliability and offers the speeds gains of the Sandforce controller. OCZ's are the only ones that really suffer from failure, but even that is before firmware update, which is something everyone should do anyway.

As for your build, then yeah it isn't hard to build a good computer for sub $1000. I don't quite understand your comment with "if you somehow manage to find a build like that for under 1k just imagine the prices 3 years back". Stock prices don't depreciate all that much, any depreciation is within the first year before the product is discontinued. So one can't really imagine the prices of a product 3 years ago, considering modern products weren't available 3 years ago, and 3 years ago the products available aren't stocked anymore.

I built my computer for just under $1100 in late 2007. I could have gotten it for just under $1000 but I decided to order them all from a single shop, as a friend of mine owned it and I thought I'd support a local business as long as he threw in an OEM copy of Vista.
    To clarify the line "if you somehow manage to find a build like that for under 1k just imagine the prices 3 years back" I am talking about my pieces in specific, all the pieces used to build my computer are still on sale at most of the major online stores (Newegg, Amazon and Tigerdirect) and if you add the prices together it is still extremely difficult to get the final price $1000 or below, and then I added the fact that the prices 3 years ago were more expensive. Also, I bought a SSD based on reliability and long term usage. Intel is the most reliable by far, and SSDs themselves already aren't that reliable as a whole. So therefore I bought a Intel.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Tbh as of late and since I've had it my gaming has been severely limited, but it's just awesome for late night work and being smashed upon

I still have my old G15 but in terms of comfort when typing, Das Keyboard > Logitech's Illuminated > ... > G15. Those keys are so shitty with the shittiest feedback ... god damn.

Also stop stealing my spotlight @Doc, I wanna see him respond to my posts too. You damned sexy beast
    How is das keyboard in regards to gaming.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    I got bored with drawing the arrows, you'll get the point.

Aside from being virtually the shittiest headset I have owned in terms of soundstage and sound replication, it tends to get uncomfortable too. HD800 / BD dt880 / AKG K702 all the way. Also Head Fi would rape you for saying that.

You have decent IPS panels too that are adequate for gaming, the only reason I could fathom that would justify buying a TN panel would be a 120Hz screen for 3D gaming.

Pointless? How is it any more pointless than Logitech or Razer? Unless you're some sort of MMO addict that needs his 50 keybinds all around the keyboard it performs as well, if not better, than mainstream gaming keyboards. From all my keyboards only Das Keyboard & Logitech's slim illuminated one have ever proved that they can endure my work and gaming as they should.

"lol "

A G5 or G500 match the RAT's performance and leave it well behind in terms of ergonomics. Although I've never had a RAT for longer than a couple of hours, I can safely say that if there's one thing Logitech doesn't make utterly shitty, it's some of their mice. My G5 lasted longer than any Razer, SteelSeries or any other mouse and the G500 is a great (hopefully temporary) replacement. Though Sensei was pretty awesome...
    Audio: Again endured a lot of falls and me sitting on it a few times, still perfect. The wired version and the wireless version are very different, so I can't say much about yours, not all products are made equal, if your failed somehow I am sorry but just trying to tell you that mine has and is doing a great job.

Monitor: IPS is great no doubt about it, but I am not a money tree, I am on a budget. I would rather go with cheaper TN panel monitors any day because gaming wise, monitors don't really have much affect on my performance, I would rather have a 24+ in monitor or have dual or have 3 in portrait. But I can still crush the opposition in a 17in if I needed to.

Keyboard: I meant "pointless" in the fact that they don't improve gaming in any way that a standard keyboard couldn't. My Logitech and Alienware Keyboard have all the extra things that I would like a keyboard to have. I could care less of how it "feels" or "sounds". But if you do that's great, but sound and durability aside their is nothing the Das offers to me that any standard keyboard doesn't. Again this is purely opinion based so we aren't going to agree on this one, but we both have different preferences.

Mouse: Again if you had a bad experience with a product there is not much I can say. But we do both agree that Logitech makes great mouses, I have been using their mouses for years before I bought a Sidewinder which in comparison was a bit of a disappointment. But I have used a RAT for almost 3 weeks (loan from a friend, he was reviewing other mouses) and words cannot describe how I feel about it. This has nothing to do with performance btw. Its performance is decent and it feel extraordinary, that's why I am buying it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

It depends if you enjoy the noise and feel of it when you type. Its also durable as far as performance keyboards go.If you want a sturdy mouse and enjoy the noise of it then its great for you. But just a fair warning it has nothing extra, so if you are the type who likes keybinds and audio buttons and a mini screen and what not, then this might not be the best keyboard for you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by bobowardere View Post
    To clarify the line "if you somehow manage to find a build like that for under 1k just imagine the prices 3 years back" I am talking about my pieces in specific, all the pieces used to build my computer are still on sale at most of the major online stores (Newegg, Amazon and Tigerdirect) and if you add the prices together it is still extremely difficult to get the final price $1000 or below, and then I added the fact that the prices 3 years ago were more expensive. Also, I bought a SSD based on reliability and long term usage. Intel is the most reliable by far, and SSDs themselves already aren't that reliable as a whole. So therefore I bought a Intel.
    I would trade a 1% higher failure rate for double the performance any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Nothing special? I mainly play fps games (and Minecraft ) so I don't get bothered by the blank keys, I guess it could be annoying for some due to the way the keys handle (personally I prefer good feedback and some key height / depth or whatever you call it)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I am like you Alen I like the noise feedback, it helps with muscle memory, which in turns means a higher typing speed and less errors. I used to use the Tactile Pro which was the loudest keyboard I could find (lol).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by bobowardere View Post
    Audio: Again endured a lot of falls and me sitting on it a few times, still perfect. The wired version and the wireless version are very different, so I can't say much about yours, not all products are made equal, if your failed somehow I am sorry but just trying to tell you that mine has and is doing a great job.

> same product, just the external housing is a bit different and the wire is gone. Same shitty sound drivers, same shitty software drivers, same shitty distorted virtual surround. Can't compare to even the lowest-end Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG or any other decent headphones.

Monitor: IPS is great no doubt about it, but I am not a money tree, I am on a budget. I would rather go with cheaper TN panel monitors any day because gaming wise, monitors don't really have much affect on my performance, I would rather have a 24+ in monitor or have dual or have 3 in portrait. But I can still crush the opposition in a 17in if I needed to.

> doesn't look great though, something you claimed in your first post

Keyboard: I meant "pointless" in the fact that they don't improve gaming in any way that a standard keyboard couldn't. My Logitech and Alienware Keyboard have all the extra things that I would like a keyboard to have. I could care less of how it "feels" or "sounds". But if you do that's great, but sound and durability aside their is nothing the Das offers to me that any standard keyboard doesn't. Again this is purely opinion based so we aren't going to agree on this one, but we both have different preferences.

> try typing out three 10k maths essays in latex on a normal keyboard, your gaming keyboard and on Das Keyboard. Your hands will be fucked half way through with the first two.

Mouse: Again if you had a bad experience with a product there is not much I can say. But we do both agree that Logitech makes great mouses, I have been using their mouses for years before I bought a Sidewinder which in comparison was a bit of a disappointment. But I have used a RAT for almost 3 weeks (loan from a friend, he was reviewing other mouses) and words cannot describe how I feel about it. This has nothing to do with performance btw. Its performance is decent and it feel extraordinary, that's why I am buying it.

> I can understand personal preferences when it comes to mice, but the price tag of the RAT doesn't justify the relatively mediocre hardware. Also I sincerely hope you know how to config your mice to not use native Windows' drivers, accel and virtual speeding up/down.
    Soz for not noticing earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tthinkofausername View Post
    I am like you Alen I like the noise feedback, it helps with muscle memory, which in turns means a higher typing speed and less errors. I used to use the Tactile Pro which was the loudest keyboard I could find (lol).
    It's not so much the noise feedback as it is the consistency of the force you need to apply to the keys and the "smoothness" of it. Dunno how to put it, but e.g. the G15 and G19 were horrible, different keys had different resistance and after like a week or two some keys started just going loose or stiff etc
    Last edited by Alen; 11-29-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Has anyone used the G13? I was thinking about getting that for extra keys.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    you happy that when wwIII happens none of that is gonna mean shit?
    You can quote me on this..when it comes to juggalos we're.....

More than a charm n a chain we're like a crackpipe

GOT SHIT TO SAY ABOUT THE JUGGALO FAMILY LISTEN TO THIS ONE SONG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2kY...eature=related

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Can'tthinkofausername View Post
    Has anyone used the G13? I was thinking about getting that for extra keys.
    I gave it a shot once, preferred the old Belkin n52. Though a friend hated the Belkin and would give his life for the G13 I think it's similar to mice - it comes down to personal preference, all I can say about the n52 is that it needs some time getting used to and that you'll never get to a point where you would use all the functions / keys. I would think the same goes for the G13, so unless you really need it and you really need all those extra keys, it's a waste of money.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

Can'tthinkofausername (11-29-2011)

I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I posted mine and is better then @Alen and this other guy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I suggest you update that graphics card

[IMG]https://i186.photobucke*****m/albums/x253/Rypleys/MNC/biohazard2.jpg[/IMG]

MPGH in 5 words:

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROProJect View Post
    1 in a million community

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post
    I posted mine and is better then @Alen and this other guy
    Even if that was your mobo, I would shit on it. Two nf200 chips and you don't even have a USB 3 controller

Proof that you own that mobo / drives

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast