Thread: Updating Hacks?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Updating Hacks?

So I'm trying to inject my hack into Comabt Arms but it won't work! I inject it, it says "Created with Redux's Hotkey Hack v1.1", and Combat Arms opens. It doesn't crash at all, I just login and start playing a game and when I push a hotkey it doesn't work. I was wondering what to you need to do to update a hack? I didn't touch anything except for the VC++ directories. I was thinking about updating the Nametags address but there aren't any very recent posts on that. Could somebody explain to me how to get the new addies? I know I have to use Kernel Detective or something like that and OllyDebugger.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    If you are using Redux base, it already has signature scan for nametags. There should be no need to update addies manually. If you have taken this out of the hack for some reason and are using addies, then either replace the addies with the signature scan from the base, or you could log the addies (look for gellins address logger and you can use it a base and just add the nametag sigs to it to scan.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    ^ lol thats not the problem.
    Nexon no longer uses gamestat take it out and it should work

^Suck it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaterforeva1 View Post
    Have they removed it on NA? Cause it's still in EU.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    They didn't "remove" it. They just removed a check when GameStatus changes.

I still check for GameStatus.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    So what seems to be the issue here? I didn't mess with any of the code. Also, I would still like to know how to update my addresses so that I can use more than just name tags.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by LostInTheDark View Post
    So what seems to be the issue here? I didn't mess with any of the code. Also, I would still like to know how to update my addresses so that I can use more than just name tags.
    I think the easiest way to update them (if you don't want to rely on new addies posted here on mpgh or elsewhere) is to either put signature scans in the hack or use a logger like I said. Gellin posted the source for his logger and it comes with a lot of the signatures you could need, then it isn't hard to find additional signatures by searching around a bit. If you want to know how to find the addresses and make signatures yourself there's probably someone else that can explain that in detail to you but it seems redundant to me to redo a task that someone has already done exceptionally well.

Btw, as you are still checking the gamestatus, might I ask if you have updated that address? Cause as I recall it, there is no signature scan for that in his base and if you're using an outdated addie, that's probably why it won't turn on.
    Last edited by ctpsolo; 12-22-2012 at 05:19 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I messed up lol. You need to take out the re spawn check because it inst used anymore i also took out game stats but your going to have to work on getting the keys to work when pressed.

^Suck it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I messed up lol. You need to take out the re spawn check because it inst used anymore i also took out game stats but your going to have to work on getting the keys to work when pressed.
    Taking it out wont solve the problem. They removed the CHECK but it will still work if you disable it when you die.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by ctpsolo View Post
    I think the easiest way to update them (if you don't want to rely on new addies posted here on mpgh or elsewhere) is to either put signature scans in the hack or use a logger like I said. Gellin posted the source for his logger and it comes with a lot of the signatures you could need, then it isn't hard to find additional signatures by searching around a bit. If you want to know how to find the addresses and make signatures yourself there's probably someone else that can explain that in detail to you but it seems redundant to me to redo a task that someone has already done exceptionally well.

Btw, as you are still checking the gamestatus, might I ask if you have updated that address? Cause as I recall it, there is no signature scan for that in his base and if you're using an outdated addie, that's probably why it won't turn on.
    I'm on my iPod now so I'll try to update GameStatus later when I get on my computer. And could you try to explain what a sig scan actually does? I know it updates addies but Im not sure how they work or even how to put them into a hack.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm on my iPod now so I'll try to update GameStatus later when I get on my computer. And could you try to explain what a sig scan actually does? I know it updates addies but Im not sure how they work or even how to put them into a hack.
    They look for certain bytes, hence a sort of signature that leads them to the correct address. I have never made any signatures myself so I don't know exactly how they work. If you have signatures it's simple to add them. Your hack already uses signature scans for nametags, look at that source. If you got signatures you only need to run them through the FindPattern function.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by ctpsolo View Post
    They look for certain bytes, hence a sort of signature that leads them to the correct address. I have never made any signatures myself so I don't know exactly how they work. If you have signatures it's simple to add them. Your hack already uses signature scans for nametags, look at that source. If you got signatures you only need to run them through the FindPattern function.
    Another thing, I was looking at the nametag bytes and I'm pretty sure x90 makes it turn on for any hack. But then for the off one I think it was x75 or something like that. Is that different from any other address? I don't understand what bytes do and how to find those either.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Another thing, I was looking at the nametag bytes and I'm pretty sure x90 makes it turn on for any hack. But then for the off one I think it was x75 or something like that. Is that different from any other address? I don't understand what bytes do and how to find those either.
    LOL it doesn't "turn it on" you took a base c+p and tried to see if it would work. Well the bytes or ok. Pm what you have and i will take a look into it because i got the base to work just fine.

^Suck it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    LOL it doesn't "turn it on" you took a base c+p and tried to see if it would work. Well the bytes or ok. Pm what you have and i will take a look into it because i got the base to work just fine.
    Ok, well thanks for the helpful laugh. By the way, what do you think I copied and pasted? I took a base, yes. I am trying to LEARN C++ here which you obviously haven't. Flengo corrected you twice in my thread alone. I don't want you to fix my hack. I want you to explain to me what bytes are and do, thank you very much. It's obvious now why your reputation is -8. In fact, you can't even spell complete! I pray that English is not your first language because if it is, that would be very sad. You should be more like ctpsolo because he is actually helping me accomplish the goal you seem to have never accomplished yet either.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Ok, well thanks for the helpful laugh. By the way, what do you think I copied and pasted? I took a base, yes. I am trying to LEARN C++ here which you obviously haven't. Flengo corrected you twice in my thread alone. I don't want you to fix my hack. I want you to explain to me what bytes are and do, thank you very much. It's obvious now why your reputation is -8. In fact, you can't even spell complete! I pray that English is not your first language because if it is, that would be very sad. You should be more like ctpsolo because he is actually helping me accomplish the goal you seem to have never accomplished yet either.
    Bytes are just representing asm commands.
    Open olly, attach to any program and look through it. You will notice that every asm command has got its own bytes.
    Also, 0x90 is NOP (No Operation) which means the actual code will just do nothing. Most of the time we need that to bypass a jump, but sometimes
    we NEED to jump so we need something like 0xE9
    Just play a bit arround with it
    Also you should restore the original bytes if you dont want to crash the game if you get back to lobby.

Extra Information: HS just implemented a new asm check. All asm modifications > 7 bytes will trigger HS functions and crash the game.
    Mostly hooks (midfunc) are longer then 7 bytes :|

Progress with my game - "Disbanded"
    • Fixed FPS lag on spawning entities due to the ent_preload buffer!
    • Edit the AI code to get some better pathfinding
    • Fixed the view bug within the sniper scope view. The mirror entity is invisible now!
    • Added a new silencer for ALL weapons. Also fixed the rotation bugs
    • Added a ton of new weapons and the choice to choose a silencer for every weapon
    • Created a simple AntiCheat, noobs will cry like hell xD
    • The name will be Disbanded, the alpha starts on the 18th august 2014

Some new physics fun (Serversided, works on every client)

My new AI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMSB1GbBVl8

And for sure my 8 months old gameplay with 2 friends
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na2kUdu4d_k

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ch40zz-C0d3r For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Flengo (12-23-2012)