Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Threadstarter
    I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlowbob View Post
    Then I'd go AMD. I wouldn't get an i5 unless you plan to OC. I'd go AMD on the GPU too if you're going to game.

Hold on a second. I'm picking some parts. Will give you a nice theme.
    Yeah im going only for game. as long I can play BF4 with a good fps im fine.

Thanks
    part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($134.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($425.91 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
    Case Fan: NZXT Air Flow Series 83.6 CFM 140mm Fan ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan ($26.99 @ Newegg)
    Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan ($26.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
    Total: $1112.77
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

Hope you like blue. The blue fans will give you great airflow. Put 2 intake on the side and 2 exhaust on top. The Noctuas are ugly but they're the Bugatti of case fans in quality. You can put the stock case fans on the bottom and back or keep them out. Gave you a good CPU cooler as well for extra cooling to increase performance.

Don't listen to Intel shills, the FX-6300 paired with that GPU will give you great performance. I built this for 2014. When the Steamroller releases early next year and you save up for it (<$200), this machine will be top of the line. The 6300 will still get you maxed out 720p settings, possibly >40fps on 1080p.

Its in USD$ but Im sure you can convert the parts to your currency.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Do some looking around on the GPU. I believe Amazon (US) has 4 left in stock. I want one so bad but my money isn't available until the 28th.
    Last edited by Hero; 04-11-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Threadstarter
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I cant find some thins of your list but I came with this the total price of the configuration is € 1,124.95

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post
    I cant find some thins of your list but I came with this the total price of the configuration is € 1,124.95
    What website are you using and I'll look

Threadstarter
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    What website are you using and I'll look
    Ordenadores a la carta. PCs a medida, configura tu pc

Thanks
    I can't read your language very well but something like this. I don't feel like typing a bunch on my tablet but I'll write you a list of things you should look for in each part on my phone in a few minutes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jlowbob For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Wyo (04-11-2013)

Threadstarter
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I can't read your language very well but something like this. I don't feel like typing a bunch on my tablet but I'll write you a list of things you should look for in each part on my phone in a few minutes.

Buying the AMD this monday. thanks dude.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wyo For This Useful Post:

Jlowbob (04-11-2013)

Thanks
    CPU
    The good 'ol AMD vs Intel debate.*

Realistically they both will perform the same. Most benchmarks are irrelevant to how people use a PC in real life.*

The best bang for your buck is the AMD FX series. If you're an OC enthusiast then you may go i5 with a z77 motherboard but you said you're not. Intel may perform better in gaming by +5-10fps but that doesn't even really matter since FX's will give you more than enough performance anyways.*

With the new Steamroller CPUs coming out around Q1-2014, I'd go with an inexpensive Piledriver core. The FX-6300 will be perfect for this situation. But if you don't plan to save to buy one of the new Steamroller processes when they release, I'd go with the FX-8320 or the 8350 which is the same as the 8320 but clocked at 4GHz instead of 3.5GHz.*

Even if you won't OC, get a cheap aftermarket cooler. The stock cooler is shit.*

Motherboard
    There's not really much to explain here besides picking a board with features you'd like. Although AsRock is building their reputation in the PC Gaming market, I still wouldn't go with them. They're boards seem flimsy and you can get much better quality for the same price.*

If you don't know, just go with Gigabyte. They have nice quality and I've never had any DOAs with 5 I've ordered from them. You could go ASUS too but I'm not too familiar with them.*

Look at the chipset. I believe the latest for AMD is 990 and Intel is z77.*

Go with the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 if you're not sure what to get.*

RAM
    G.Skill makes the most flashy "ricer" RAM. It really makes no difference between RAM although Crucial Ballistix are individually tested and quality assured. It's well worth the extra $20USD than the average 8gb stick of RAM to know you're getting quality. They're pretty dull looking though have LED status lights.*

Either brand will be nice. Even Corsair Vengeance sticks are nice too.*

Either go for 1600MHz CAS8 or 1886MHz CAS9 if your motherboard supports that speed. The lower CAS the better. 8 is the best, but I wouldn't go over 9.*

Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer 2x4GB 1600MHz CAS8 are about $80USD and do well. I plan to get 16GB though 8GB is more than enough for gaming. I run servers and other things so...

HDD & SSD
    Don't get a SSD just to put your OS on. It's too expensive and overrated. The only difference you'd really notice is boot speeds, and if you're like me or any other gamer, I doubt you rarely if ever turn your PC off. However if you plan to get a SSD to put games and software on, that would be better. Your Battlefield map would load at least twice as faster.*

A 1TB 720rpm HDD is cheap. You could even get more if you wanted. Cache is always nice though. I'd make sure it has at least 64mb of cache.*

Seagate Barricuda or Western Digital Black's are your best options for SSDs.*

Crucial M4 and Samsung 840 are good options for SSD. Samsung 84 Pro is probably the best. I would highly recommend not going with a cheap brand like Kingston.*

Graphics Cards
    Again, we have AMD vs Nvidia.*

Yes Nvidia has PhysX, but do you play any games that use it? You can use PhysX on AMD too, it just runs off your CPU which isn't nearly as good as the inboard Nvidia GPU.*

The only other reason to buy Nvidia is for Cuda cores. Unless you're a professional 3D animator or movie editor (not montages, actual movies), you won't need much Cuda for anything.*

Another reason for Nvidia is Linux support. If you use Ubunutu, Debian, Linux Mint, or would like a Hackintosh computer, Nvidia has great driver support as I don't think AMD has any at all.*

If you're just strictly for gaming, the AMD is your best option. Its also cheaper.*

I'd go with a 7970GHz edition if you can. The Sapphire Vapor-X is probably the best. I wouldn't go cheap here either. Choosing a cheap brand gets you the same performance, but they usually have horrible fans and your GPU could probably fry an egg and it wouldn't last long. Sapphire, MSI, EVGA, and Asus are my favorite brands. Gigabyte as well though some of their cards have heating issues.*

The rest is really by preference. Read reviews on Power Supplies though. I'm not too familiar with reputable brands though you can search around google.*

Get a case made of steel. Going cheap on a case is stupid. Buy a decent one and it'll last you forever. The Fractal Design brand is my favorite. But if you're looking for LED teenage gaming look, I'd look at other brands. Corsair makes decent steel cases. And you don't need a full tower. They're huge and get ugly to look at. A mid-tower is perfect.*

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

@Ecstacy

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Buying the AMD this monday. thanks dude.
    Let me know how it is when you get it said up. Post some pics on my wall. Get some nice fans and make it look sexy.

Threadstarter
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    CPU
    The good 'ol AMD vs Intel debate.*

Realistically they both will perform the same. Most benchmarks are irrelevant to how people use a PC in real life.*

The best bang for your buck is the AMD FX series. If you're an OC enthusiast then you may go i5 with a z77 motherboard but you said you're not. Intel may perform better in gaming by +5-10fps but that doesn't even really matter since FX's will give you more than enough performance anyways.*

With the new Steamroller CPUs coming out around Q1-2014, I'd go with an inexpensive Piledriver core. The FX-6300 will be perfect for this situation. But if you don't plan to save to buy one of the new Steamroller processes when they release, I'd go with the FX-8320 or the 8350 which is the same as the 8320 but clocked at 4GHz instead of 3.5GHz.*

Even if you won't OC, get a cheap aftermarket cooler. The stock cooler is shit.*

Motherboard
    There's not really much to explain here besides picking a board with features you'd like. Although AsRock is building their reputation in the PC Gaming market, I still wouldn't go with them. They're boards seem flimsy and you can get much better quality for the same price.*

If you don't know, just go with Gigabyte. They have nice quality and I've never had any DOAs with 5 I've ordered from them. You could go ASUS too but I'm not too familiar with them.*

Look at the chipset. I believe the latest for AMD is 990 and Intel is z77.*

Go with the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 if you're not sure what to get.*

RAM
    G.Skill makes the most flashy "ricer" RAM. It really makes no difference between RAM although Crucial Ballistix are individually tested and quality assured. It's well worth the extra $20USD than the average 8gb stick of RAM to know you're getting quality. They're pretty dull looking though have LED status lights.*

Either brand will be nice. Even Corsair Vengeance sticks are nice too.*

Either go for 1600MHz CAS8 or 1886MHz CAS9 if your motherboard supports that speed. The lower CAS the better. 8 is the best, but I wouldn't go over 9.*

Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer 2x4GB 1600MHz CAS8 are about $80USD and do well. I plan to get 16GB though 8GB is more than enough for gaming. I run servers and other things so...

HDD & SSD
    Don't get a SSD just to put your OS on. It's too expensive and overrated. The only difference you'd really notice is boot speeds, and if you're like me or any other gamer, I doubt you rarely if ever turn your PC off. However if you plan to get a SSD to put games and software on, that would be better. Your Battlefield map would load at least twice as faster.*

A 1TB 720rpm HDD is cheap. You could even get more if you wanted. Cache is always nice though. I'd make sure it has at least 64mb of cache.*

Seagate Barricuda or Western Digital Black's are your best options for SSDs.*

Crucial M4 and Samsung 840 are good options for SSD. Samsung 84 Pro is probably the best. I would highly recommend not going with a cheap brand like Kingston.*

Graphics Cards
    Again, we have AMD vs Nvidia.*

Yes Nvidia has PhysX, but do you play any games that use it? You can use PhysX on AMD too, it just runs off your CPU which isn't nearly as good as the inboard Nvidia GPU.*

The only other reason to buy Nvidia is for Cuda cores. Unless you're a professional 3D animator or movie editor (not montages, actual movies), you won't need much Cuda for anything.*

Another reason for Nvidia is Linux support. If you use Ubunutu, Debian, Linux Mint, or would like a Hackintosh computer, Nvidia has great driver support as I don't think AMD has any at all.*

If you're just strictly for gaming, the AMD is your best option. Its also cheaper.*

I'd go with a 7970GHz edition if you can. The Sapphire Vapor-X is probably the best. I wouldn't go cheap here either. Choosing a cheap brand gets you the same performance, but they usually have horrible fans and your GPU could probably fry an egg and it wouldn't last long. Sapphire, MSI, EVGA, and Asus are my favorite brands. Gigabyte as well though some of their cards have heating issues.*

The rest is really by preference. Read reviews on Power Supplies though. I'm not too familiar with reputable brands though you can search around google.*

Get a case made of steel. Going cheap on a case is stupid. Buy a decent one and it'll last you forever. The Fractal Design brand is my favorite. But if you're looking for LED teenage gaming look, I'd look at other brands. Corsair makes decent steel cases. And you don't need a full tower. They're huge and get ugly to look at. A mid-tower is perfect.*

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

@Ecstacy

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Let me know how it is when you get it said up. Post some pics on my wall. Get some nice fans and make it look sexy.

Im going to buy the amd and the case + cooler this monday. Next month the gfx card because need to save xD

Thanks

Im going to buy the amd and the case + cooler this monday. Next month the gfx card because need to save xD
    I have about $4,500 coming to me around the 28th.

$1,000 in savings
    $500 towards Crossfire
    The rest towards a desktop and stuff for college.

The wait is driving me insane. I'm afraid there won't be anymore of those Sapphire Vapor-X 7970GHz's available by then. Those things perform better than a 680 and $50 cheaper. I'm still debating between Intel & AMD. I've always had AMD but the Intel Haswell comes out in June. It'll probably be overpriced anyways.

Threadstarter
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I have about $4,500 coming to me around the 28th.

$1,000 in savings
    $500 towards Crossfire
    The rest towards a desktop and stuff for college.

The wait is driving me insane. I'm afraid there won't be anymore of those Sapphire Vapor-X 7970GHz's available by then. Those things perform better than a 680 and $50 cheaper. I'm still debating between Intel & AMD. I've always had AMD but the Intel Haswell comes out in June. It'll probably be overpriced anyways.

I like intel but AMD is cheap and still do the same as i5 and yeah Intel Haswell is going to buy expensive as fuck.

Thanks

I like intel but AMD is cheap and still do the same as i5 and yeah Intel Haswell is going to buy expensive as fuck.
    The desktop processors have no better performance than Ivy from blogs. But I bet Haswell Ultrabooks will be amazing.

Yeah, people hate on AMD too much. Intel fanboys have stupid arguments about power consumption and benchmarks that aren't even CPU relevant. They're practically the same. The i5 may have like a 10% performance advantage over FX processors but I doubt you'd notice.

Put one of those fanboys on an AMD machine and tell him its Intel. They won't notice a difference.

Thanks

Is this allright?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Notice that I want to play BF4 with a good FPS.

Did some extra blowjobs xD
    You're such a hard worker

Mijn Configuratie(case&optical drive not included because you can easely live without an optical drive and a case is a personal choice)
    € 857,39*(660) or € 956,49*(660ti)

GPU : MSI N660 TF 2GD5/OC (1 x € 199,90*) or MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC(1 x € 299,-*)
    CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-3570K(1 x € 219,90*)
    Cooler Master Hyper 412S(1 x € 37,99)
    Power suply : be quiet! Pure Power CM L8 630W(1 x € 89,90*)
    Solid State Disk : OCZ VTX4-25SAT3-128G SATA/600 (1 x € 119,90*) or a Samsung 840 Series Pro 128GB (few euro more expensive)You can use an old HHD to store files .
    motherboard : Socket 1155 ASRock Z77 Extreme4(1 x € 124,90*)
    Memory : Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 (1 x € 64,90*)

i would take something like this . i have the 660ti and till now i can run every game that i played at full settings . i think with my 660ti i'll be able to play bf4 at medium-high settings prob not ultra .

Threadstarter
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    e
    Quote Originally Posted by GAYape View Post

You're such a hard worker

Mijn Configuratie(case&optical drive not included because you can easely live without an optical drive and a case is a personal choice)
    € 857,39*(660) or € 956,49*(660ti)

GPU : MSI N660 TF 2GD5/OC (1 x € 199,90*) or MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC(1 x € 299,-*)
    CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-3570K(1 x € 219,90*)
    Cooler Master Hyper 412S(1 x € 37,99)
    Power suply : be quiet! Pure Power CM L8 630W(1 x € 89,90*)
    Solid State Disk : OCZ VTX4-25SAT3-128G SATA/600 (1 x € 119,90*) or a Samsung 840 Series Pro 128GB (few euro more expensive)You can use an old HHD to store files .
    motherboard : Socket 1155 ASRock Z77 Extreme4(1 x € 124,90*)
    Memory : Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 (1 x € 64,90*)

i would take something like this . i have the 660ti and till now i can run every game that i played at full settings . i think with my 660ti i'll be able to play bf4 at medium-high settings prob not ultra .
    Im pretty sure I will be able to run every game high with sapphire radeon hd 7970 not sure about bf4

Thanks
    e

Im pretty sure I will be able to run every game high with sapphire radeon hd 7970 not sure about bf4
    BF4 benchmarks were ran on 7970GHz and 7990. You'll be fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast