Thread: Problems?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Problems?

As in pretty much all my other hacks i ever uploaded in the AVA section, also the not approved v1.13 one checks a single text string on my website and compares it with the values 0 or 1. 0 means everything is ok and the hack starts while 1 means that the hack is detected and therefore a message pops up saying that the hack can't be used anymore. All my older hacks with the same website check were approved and everything was ok but now it starts really reaching a point where i think about stopping these releases. It seems like it completely depends on the minion/admin/mod whoever who approves my files if i have to add an unpacked version or not, if the program can connect to the internet to check that single string or not or if it even gets approved. I always tried to do what they tell me, upload a unpacked version and wait for the approval but instead the thread just gets deleted and i get a little inbox message telling me that it connects to the internet and therefore it can't be approved? Seriously, how clear are the rules here? The MPGH rules i know about are saying this:
    - No uploading files with invasive/harmful features. (Permanent Ban)

So im asking how harmful a feature is to check if a hack is detected or not? It already starts pissing me of a bit to create every single thread like two or three times because it's always a different minion/admin/... approving it and always other rules they have. One just approves, one not and another one does nothing else than just deleting the thread and thats it. Now it depends on the minions (in this case Flengo who deleted it) to re open that thread and approve the file or not. Im not gonna open a new one for that.
    And for @Liz here is a completely unpacked file without changed strings so please tell me after analyzing where the harmful features in that file should be.
    Last edited by ccman32; 06-02-2013 at 11:20 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ccman32 For This Useful Post:

Elidonn (06-02-2013),kylelopez (06-02-2013),sandumihai1 (06-03-2013),simon120 (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Moved to staff disputes. This isn't an AVA problem.

I wanted to do something similar to this a long while back before I was Minion. I asked Dave directly and he said no to the matter.
    I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM | IM
    Staff Administrator Since 10.13.2019
    Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since 04.14.2014
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Premium Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

Threadstarter
    Synthetic Hacker
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post
    Moved to staff disputes. This isn't an AVA problem.

I wanted to do something similar to this a long while back before I was Minion. I asked Dave directly and he said no to the matter.
    This still doesn't answer my question why it is not listed in the rules then. How should i know about what dave is telling you when it's not in the rules.

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I'll give you that not every single rule is written on the main rule page, but the connecting to the internet bit is well known around the site for obvious reasons regardless of what the author claims it does. I will link Dave to this thread for him to take a look at. Also yes we need to see all the strings to check for advertisement and any rule breaking content that might be hidden in there.

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Threadstarter
    Synthetic Hacker
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I'll give you that not every single rule is written on the main rule page, but the connecting to the internet bit is well known around the site for obvious reasons regardless of what the author claims it does. I will link Dave to this thread for him to take a look at. Also yes we need to see all the strings to check for advertisement and any rule breaking content that might be hidden in there.
    So did you already check the file?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I don't think it's necessary to check with your website if your hack is detected. People generally check threads for this purpose.

We are pretty strict about internet connections, unless a file is correctly checked every time it poses a security risk (we have had issues in the past).

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Threadstarter
    Synthetic Hacker
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I don't think it's necessary to check with your website if your hack is detected. People generally check threads for this purpose.

We are pretty strict about internet connections, unless a file is correctly checked every time it poses a security risk (we have had issues in the past).
    Im just gonna remove that line and reupload then...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by ccman32 View Post
    Im just gonna remove that line and reupload then...
    Roger wilco

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

ccman32 (06-02-2013),Genesis (06-03-2013),Riddick (06-04-2013)