Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick

Potentially Life Changing Decisions. Need Advice.

Resolved things and stood up for myself. We're all on the same page now.
    Last edited by chickeninabiskit; 06-27-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    I been through the same thing with my Dad. I was tired of him pushing me around and shit. For about two months, I ignored him. I didn't say "Hi" or anything whenever I saw him. I would either eat dinner later, after everyone's done and doing their own shit or I would buy my own food. Whenever he tried talking to me, it would end up in a argument & I would just leave the house and go for a walk. You're not overreacting. Parents need to learn to give their kids, especially the older teens, some space. Siblings should know better than to pick on their younger ones, at least to the point where they have to end their communication. I feel you. My second oldest brother picked on me a lot. He beat me up once & I threatened to call the cops. He sorta stopped there. But we didn't talk for the longest time ever. I removed him from my contacts & every social networking shit I had. Anyways, good luck to you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Exotiic. View Post
    I been through the same thing with my Dad. I was tired of him pushing me around and shit. For about two months, I ignored him. I didn't say "Hi" or anything whenever I saw him. I would either eat dinner later, after everyone's done and doing their own shit or I would buy my own food. Whenever he tried talking to me, it would end up in a argument & I would just leave the house and go for a walk. You're not overreacting. Parents need to learn to give their kids, especially the older teens, some space. Siblings should know better than to pick on their younger ones, at least to the point where they have to end their communication. I feel you. My second oldest brother picked on me a lot. He beat me up once & I threatened to call the cops. He sorta stopped there. But we didn't talk for the longest time ever. I removed him from my contacts & every social networking shit I had. Anyways, good luck to you.
    Sounds more like you are a typical "not understood" child who thinks he is going to make a difference by ignoring somebody.

You complain about your parents not giving you enough space now, but you'll regret that you didn't cherish it while you could later in life.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post

Sounds more like you are a typical "not understood" child who thinks he is going to make a difference by ignoring somebody.

You complain about your parents not giving you enough space now, but you'll regret that you didn't cherish it while you could later in life.
    No, I know what I was doing. My dad was at the point where every decision was made by him. I'm 17, just like OP. Even recently, he got me a job I didn't even want to go to, but I agreed just to avoid any more arguments. He claimed, "He won't even go find a job if I didn't do it for him". He never allowed me to experience the real world, or at least sometime close to it.