Thanks

MarketPlace Suggestion.

The amount of scamers in the marketplace is incredibly awful.
    I was thinking of suggesting that people who create newly MPGH account shouldn't be allowed to post/create threads in any of the MPGH marketplace within a period of 1 month.

Why I think that it'll be a good idea:

Most of the time people who are here to scam made a new account, and even if they get IP banned they will register new accounts over and over again.

So please , support my suggestion and leave your comments below as if it should or shouldn't be that way.

Thanks !
    Last edited by FreeMarketGuy; 07-04-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeMarketGuy View Post
    The amount of scamers in the marketplace is incredibly awful.
    I was thinking of suggesting that people who create newly MPGH account shouldn't be allowed to post/create threads in any of the MPGH marketplace within a period of 1 month.

Why I think that it'll be a good idea:

Most of the time people who are here to scam made a new account, and even if they get IP banned they will register new accounts over and over again.

So please , support my suggestion and leave your comments below as if it should or shouldn't be that way.

Thanks !
    im trying to understand this so the people who made an account cannot Post or creat a thread withing the period of one month? If it is as im understanding how do they prove themselves and even if they didn't prove themselves they are real. wouldn't they just wait one month than scam???

I see you said marketplace so im guessing they cant post or make thread in marketplace only. and that they will have to prove themselves in general or other threads right?.. im still trying to figure out how this help except by just allowing only the true long members who been here do the trade and such instead of the new accounts (who could be scammers)

Tho I highly agree with stoping or preventing scammers(cause I got scammed from path of exile after 5exalted orb was snap and Skype remove tactic, which I gave my account away pfft lol). im still trying to see how from one month period stops scammer or help stop it (but it does I think slow them down tho).

beware that scammer has another ability for scamming than posting and creating thread, its call imitation (imitating a person from the forum who is the most popular and this is what I fear the most. cause if I became well known someone will copy my Skype and info and try to ruin my name)

edit notice that im not disagreeing with you im just trying to understand it alittle but plus 1 for suggestion
    Last edited by Kibstor; 07-04-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    Vouchers

Quote Originally Posted by NnNnN View Post
    Gave me account.Awesome +1 vouch for this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2134 View Post
    Awesome trade, he went first and everything was settled perfectly! +1 VOUCH!
    got the account +1

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibstor View Post
    im trying to understand this so the people who made an account cannot Post or creat a thread withing the period of one month? If it is as im understanding how do they prove themselves and even if they didn't prove themselves they are real. wouldn't they just wait one month than scam???

I see you said marketplace so im guessing they cant post or make thread in marketplace only. and that they will have to prove themselves in general or other threads right?.. im still trying to figure out how this help except by just allowing only the true long members who been here do the trade and such instead of the new accounts (who could be scammers)

Tho I highly agree with stoping or preventing scammers(cause I got scammed from path of exile after 5exalted orb was snap and Skype remove tactic, which I gave my account away pfft lol). im still trying to see how from one month period stops scammer or help stop it (but it does I think slow them down tho).

beware that scammer has another ability for scamming than posting and creating thread, its call imitation (imitating a person from the forum who is the most popular and this is what I fear the most. cause if I became well known someone will copy my Skype and info and try to ruin my name)

edit notice that im not disagreeing with you im just trying to understand it alittle but plus 1 for suggestion
    I don't think that a scamer will wait 1 month , he will go on a different website.
    I agree with the fact that a scamer could impersonate a well known/trusted member to scam but it doesn't change thing.
    Even if I was trading with the most trusted member on MPGH I would still use a middleman because you never know.
    Last edited by FreeMarketGuy; 07-04-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I don't think that a scamer will wait 1 month , he will go on a different website.
    I agree with the fact that a scamer could impersonate a well known/trusted member to scam but it doesn't change thing.
    Even if I was trading with the most trusted member on MPGH I would still use a middleman because you never know.
    trust me when I say that scammer who makes a lot of account do wait one month prior to going to other site and scamming them first, I cant link I don't think im allow to according to the rule but I know a couple of site who has warned about these type of scammer and I do take precausion. example I can go to x amount of site and post this one in month 7th (lets say we month6) once im done with the other site ill come to this one and do my busness and moving on. its like the drug or the fake imitations of object they make and distribute. they don't hit one place they hit all and come back for the one they need to finish

I still like a more way to stop these scammer. sad for a dream that never comes true where everyone can be trusted but that's life
    Vouchers

got the account +1

Thanks
    trust me when I say that scammer who makes a lot of account do wait one month prior to going to other site and scamming them first, I cant link I don't think im allow to according to the rule but I know a couple of site who has warned about these type of scammer and I do take precausion. example I can go to x amount of site and post this one in month 7th (lets say we month6) once im done with the other site ill come to this one and do my busness and moving on. its like the drug or the fake imitations of object they make and distribute. they don't hit one place they hit all and come back for the one they need to finish

I still like a more way to stop these scammer. sad for a dream that never comes true where everyone can be trusted but that's life
    Well , very true.. I wish every time a guy scamed the mods released his address but it'll be illegal .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Well , very true.. I wish every time a guy scamed the mods released his address but it'll be illegal .
    I know what you mean, I wouldn't mind teaching them how bad they would get it in Connecticut. I do have a suggestion but mostly people wont like it and do tend to disrupt privacy, when I make a trade I do like to screenshare so they can see my side and see everything im doing once im done and its their turn I like to screenshare so I can also record things incase something goes bad. Ofcourse this will never been done by other cause it really gets on their nerve of privacy
    Vouchers

got the account +1

Thanks
    I know what you mean, I wouldn't mind teaching them how bad they would get it in Connecticut. I do have a suggestion but mostly people wont like it and do tend to disrupt privacy, when I make a trade I do like to screenshare so they can see my side and see everything im doing once im done and its their turn I like to screenshare so I can also record things incase something goes bad. Ofcourse this will never been done by other cause it really gets on their nerve of privacy
    Not really , I could careless if they have 100GB of pron or w/e on their PC but what you're doing is a good thing.
    I wouldn't mind trading with someone who isn't ready to show he's legit.

Thanks
    No one except us two want to make the MarketPlace better ? D: post your suggestions at least..

Thanks
    You can't ever stop scammers ..
    The world is built in a Pillar of Symmetry ..
    Everything should be balanced ..
    Good, Bad ..
    Hot, Cold ..
    Light, Darkness ..
    Being Honest, Scamming ..
    If the balance is broken ..
    The Pillar would break down and cause serious consequences ..

JK ..
    To stop scammers .. Traceback their IPs, find out about their location and beat the shit out of them ..
    Be like an online vigilant ..
    Last edited by Symmetrical; 07-06-2013 at 02:16 PM.

My Skype: -
    (Always ask for confirmation before and after adding me on Skype)

History
    Editor 16th April 2013 ~ 27th June 2013
    Middleman 14th July 2013 ~ 4th August 2015
    Donator 30th August 2013 ~ Current
    Minion 8th October 2013 ~ 1st January 2014
    Moderator 1st January 2014 ~ 4th August 2015

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmetrical View Post
    Good, Bad ..
    Hot, Cold ..
    Light, Darkness ..

JK ..
    To stop scammers .. Traceback their IPs, find out about their location and beat the shit out of them ..

LOL And this is why I love you <3

@Symmetrical
    Herp Derp

Want.. Moooore... Inturwebz....

- Obsidian -

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hankk For This Useful Post:

Symmetrical (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmetrical View Post
    Good, Bad ..
    Hot, Cold ..
    Light, Darkness ..

JK ..
    True.. I guess nothing can stop scammers except a good beat up -.-

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankk View Post

LOL And this is why I love you <3

@Symmetrical
    I love you too .. hue hue hue

True.. I guess nothing can stop scammers except a good beat up -.-
    Yeah .. beating some sense into them is the only way ..

My Skype: -
    (Always ask for confirmation before and after adding me on Skype)

History
    Editor 16th April 2013 ~ 27th June 2013
    Middleman 14th July 2013 ~ 4th August 2015
    Donator 30th August 2013 ~ Current
    Minion 8th October 2013 ~ 1st January 2014
    Moderator 1st January 2014 ~ 4th August 2015