Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Really? It plays out pretty much the same as the original gundam with char/amuro.

:/ I mean the only difference is that "newtype" isn't a focus point as much as the "limit break" or whatever you want to call it.
    Its the SEED factor....
    Which is what its based off of.
    Gundam Seed isn'y solely on the gundam which most gundams are about.
    Seed is focused on 2 types of people, Coordinators and Humans.
    This ties into the human evolution and genes, the whole anime was a lot different then most gundams since it had to do with Coordinators (Genetically enhanced humans made by humans) and the humans.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 11-22-2013 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Valid keys, he gave me one himself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by D3DR3VO View Post
    Its the SEED factor....
    Which is what its based off of.
    Gundam Seed isn'y solely on the gundam which most gundams are about.
    Seed is focused on 2 types of people, Coordinators and Humans.
    This ties into the human evolution and genes, the whole anime was a lot different then most gundams since it had to do with Coordinators (Genetically enhanced humans made by humans) and the humans.
    :/ again, exact same thing as the "newtype".

Tellin yah, it has the exact same premise.

Newtype - Gundam Wiki

It even list the cordinators as similar in the wiki lol.
    -Not to mention the gundam seed page itself has "similar to the original gundam" on it lol.
    Last edited by Empire; 11-22-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

:/ again, exact same thing as the "newtype".

Tellin yah, it has the exact same premise.

Newtype - Gundam Wiki

It even list the cordinators as similar in the wiki lol.
    -Not to mention the gundam seed page itself has "similar to the original gundam" on it lol.
    The only similar they have is to the newtypes.
    What I am trying to explain is that the plot is a lot different then most gundams.
    What it seems to be if you saw the word similar and in your mind you got to the point where most gundams are similar.
    However if you read even more, newtype the term, does not exist within the plot itself.

Coordinators are not even listed in the Known Newtypes.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 11-22-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    The only similar they have is to the newtypes.
    What I am trying to explain is that the plot is a lot different then most gundams.
    What it seems to be if you saw the word similar and in your mind you got to the point where most gundams are similar.
    However if you read even more, newtype the term, does not exist within the plot itself.

Coordinators are not even listed in the Known Newtypes.
    :/ How are you not getting this already?

Newtypes and Coordinators are pretty much the exact same thing with different names.

I am not saying newtypes ARE coordinators, just that they are basically the same thing.
    -------------------

Also a lot of the plot is copy-pasted from the original Mobile Suit gundam and Z-Gundam. Not that it is particularly illegal or anything as it is the same company, but it is somewhat lazy.
    https://gundam.wiki*****m/wiki/Archang...s_assault_ship

Look familiar?
    https://gundam.wiki*****m/wiki/SCV-70_White_Base

But then this is from the same people that made so many different awful gundam series, its not really a shocker. Gundam is just one of those franchises like CoD. It keeps going every other year and sometimes its good, sometimes its shit.
    -----------------------------------

Gundam SEED was actually a marketing ploy to get people BACK into gundam after the less-than-stellar reception of G-Gundam.
    Last edited by Empire; 11-22-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

:/ How are you not getting this already?

Newtypes and Coordinators are pretty much the exact same thing with different names.

I am not saying newtypes ARE coordinators, just that they are basically the same thing.
    -------------------

Also a lot of the plot is copy-pasted from the original Mobile Suit gundam and Z-Gundam. Not that it is particularly illegal or anything as it is the same company, but it is somewhat lazy.
    Archangel-class - Gundam Wiki

Look familiar?
    SCV-70 White Base - Gundam Wiki

But then this is from the same people that made so many different awful gundam series, its not really a shocker. Gundam is just one of those franchises like CoD. It keeps going every other year and sometimes its good, sometimes its shit.
    -----------------------------------

Gundam SEED was actually a marketing ploy to get people BACK into gundam after the less-than-stellar reception of G-Gundam.
    Actually its not. The director Mitsuo Fukuda hired a new team (They did have the same character and artist creator tho) for the Cosmic Era Gundam series. They just took models and ideas from the older series and put it together.
    Also both Eras are made by 2 different people, it is as I said before the plot is a lot different then any gundam.
    The only plot that would be the same would most likely be any of the Cosmic Era, but Gundam Seed was the first Cosmic Era Gundam series to be made.
    Last edited by αяgуяσѕ; 11-22-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Actually its not. The director Mitsuo Fukuda hired a new team (They did have the same character and artist creator tho) for the Cosmic Era Gundam series. They just took models and ideas from the older series and put it together.
    Also both Eras are made by 2 different people, it is as I said before the plot is a lot different then any gundam.
    The only plot that would be the same would most likely be any of the Cosmic Era, but Gundam Seed was the first Cosmic Era Gundam series to be made.
    :/

Ok I'm just going to end this.

Gundam SEED was a reboot of the gundam franchise.(new universe, new characters). It takes a LOT from the originals, especially Mobile Suit Gundam.

Most if not all of the scenarios present in it had been done before to some extent in the other gundam series.

The entire IDEA of "coordinators" is a reboot/copy of the Newtype. Though they are a different name, they are the same thing.(but slightly less powerful).

A lot of the plot is almost identical to the One Year War in the mobile suit gundam series, but done with teenagers instead.
    ---------------------------

There isn't much more to say, you can argue it if you want, anyone who's seen SEED and MSG knows it is meant to be a reboot of the series and a new take on the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

Just so you know, i'm not arguing. I'm pointing out what SEED is to the Gundam franchise.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Well I mean...isn't that the point? It's supposed to show how corrupt and fucked up the system is. As to be satirical on the real world.

Also, not EVERYONE is a soldier, there's a lot of citizens, we just don't really focus on them (because they're even LESS important than the fodder-Shinobi).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Well I mean...isn't that the point? It's supposed to show how corrupt and fucked up the system is. As to be satirical on the real world.

Also, not EVERYONE is a soldier, there's a lot of citizens, we just don't really focus on them (because they're even LESS important than the fodder-Shinobi).
    Most* of them are soldiers.

But it isn't satirical or focusing on any real world issues scot, don't be delusional here, no one in naruto outside of (maybe) Sasuke has ever once focused on "the system" either.

I guess you could call shortsightedness on the cast though since they are all soldiers and none of them have really looked at the bigger picture yet.(i mean the show has been pretty much "badguy attacked us, go fight him" for most of it.

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Most* of them are soldiers.

But it isn't satirical or focusing on any real world issues scot, don't be delusional here, no one in naruto outside of (maybe) Sasuke has ever once focused on "the system" either.

I guess you could call shortsightedness on the cast though since they are all soldiers and none of them have really looked at the bigger picture yet.(i mean the show has been pretty much "badguy attacked us, go fight him" for most of it.
    Eh...what fucking show have you been watching? 3/4ths of the show has been spent talking about how fucked up the "Shinobi world" is. What do you think the "Shinobi world" is based off of and is satirical of? The whole show is almost about that.

If I had to sum Naruto up I would say:

"Don't be a dick to people when they're kids or they'll grow up to be crazy psychopaths"

and

"The system sucks, it's a corrupt piece of shit".

Thanks
    Eh...what fucking show have you been watching? 3/4ths of the show has been spent talking about how fucked up the "Shinobi world" is. What do you think the "Shinobi world" is based off of and is satirical of? The whole show is almost about that.

"Don't be a dick to people when they're kids or they'll grow up to be crazy psychopaths"

and

Kinda missing the point here...
    Naruto has been trying to change the shinobi world since Shippuden but he's not looking at the big picture. Even with peace between the nations you still have to think on the individual level. Revenge, greed and malice and there's lots of more reasons why training soldiers is a bad idea. Your summary of Naruto collapses on itself... so yes while some characters think the system sucks they aren't seeing the whole picture.

Summary of Naruto:
    "We all need to be friends, but we'll keep teaching our kids how to kill others"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rance-Sama For This Useful Post:

Empire (11-28-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

and

Scot, the naruto world has almost zero relation to ours in a "satirical" point. Not even japan, especially not even related to real-world ninja's.

You guys keep trying to make this relation shit happen and it really has no relevance.
    ----------------------------------------

That's another thing I forgot to mention. The plot of naruto keeps going "we have to change the shinobi world" when the entire plot has nothing to do with that and is all about defeating some cliched-ass villain. I mean he straight up told Pein "i'll find a solution to the problem" and he did nothing to that.

-How about, don't make child-soldiers?

-That's great, but again, they never do anything to stop it. Shit the badguys go to such great lengths to show them this shit and the good guys just kind of ignore it afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    Kinda missing the point here...
    Naruto has been trying to change the shinobi world since Shippuden but he's not looking at the big picture. Even with peace between the nations you still have to think on the individual level. Revenge, greed and malice and there's lots of more reasons why training soldiers is a bad idea. Your summary of Naruto collapses on itself... so yes while some characters think the system sucks they aren't seeing the whole picture.

Summary of Naruto:
    "We all need to be friends, but we'll keep teaching our kids how to kill others"
    Yeah its an incredibly shortsighted view lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

Rance-Sama (11-28-2013)

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    He couldn't really do much after the Pain fight, Madara (a.k.a Tobi/Obito) kind of started fucking shit up almost right away.

And sure, I agree, "Don't make child soldiers".

I also never said all the characters hate the system or try to change it, but it's a point that gets shoved down our throat in Naruto (Itachi's ENTIRE fucking character? lol).

Thanks
    He couldn't really do much after the Pain fight, Madara (a.k.a Tobi/Obito) kind of started fucking shit up almost right away.

And sure, I agree, "Don't make child soldiers".

I also never said all the characters hate the system or try to change it, but it's a point that gets shoved down our throat in Naruto (Itachi's ENTIRE fucking character? lol).
    The pain arc was 400-450 while the shinobi world war started in 500+ (not sure the #) so the author had a good year for Naruto to make some sort of change...

MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by AqworldThunder View Post
    The pain arc was 400-450 while the shinobi world war started in 500+ (not sure the #) so the author had a good year for Naruto to make some sort of change...
    No because you're forgetting about the 5 Kage summit and all of the drama Sasuke/Tobi were ALREADY stirring up AS Naruto was fighting Pain. This led straight into the declaration of War and Naruto having to deal with not only Sasuke but then going to the island.

Thanks
    No because you're forgetting about the 5 Kage summit and all of the drama Sasuke/Tobi were ALREADY stirring up AS Naruto was fighting Pain. This led straight into the declaration of War and Naruto having to deal with not only Sasuke but then going to the island.
    Maybe you're right. Regardless it's not like Naruto has any plans for changing the future.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast