Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Need Help with Ce

Good evening,
    I need some help with Cheat Engine. So i use CE like everytime, open up select process and find out the adress of the value . If i Change the value of the Adress nothing ingame changes. Shouldn't my value change and so my ingame Ammo, Boxes etc? Btw. the Value in Cheat Engine doesn't change 2 even i put another value in. Like a protection.

Second Question:
    How do I know if there is a Multilevel Pointer? Because sometimes if i search the Hex of the accsessing adress i get some green adresses and some not static ones.

Would be great if someone who got some experience would tell me his Skype for help

Greetz
    Last edited by Skittl; 04-30-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Second Question added

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I really don't know i'm too noob with CE

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Then why dafuq u answer?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Skittl For This Useful Post:

manderballat (05-05-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl View Post
    Good evening,
    I need some help with Cheat Engine. So i use CE like everytime, open up select process and find out the adress of the value . If i Change the value of the Adress nothing ingame changes. Shouldn't my value change and so my ingame Ammo, Boxes etc? Btw. the Value in Cheat Engine doesn't change 2 even i put another value in. Like a protection.

Second Question:
    How do I know if there is a Multilevel Pointer? Because sometimes if i search the Hex of the accsessing adress i get some green adresses and some not static ones.

Would be great if someone who got some experience would tell me his Skype for help

Greetz
    Some addresses are server-sided: You can only read them but you can't write to them.
    Ammo, however, isn't server-sided. Probably you don't have the right address.
    Try this: Search for the amount of Ammo you have in Bytes (instead of 4 Bytes), keep shooting and searching for the new value. Once you get 3 addresses, test and see which one is the ammo address, then you just make a pointer for it..

Tip: When finding a pointer, use the rescan function, since some pointers might point to the right address and then point to anouther. The rescan function eliminates all pointers that aren't pointing to the specified address or if they are just invalid pointers.

Tip 2: When you wish to find a couple of functions which are all related themselfs (Ammo, Super-Weapons, for example), if you find one, and you browse in memory for the remaining addresses(Dissect Data/Structures), you might find what you are looking for by just adding the offset(Ammo Pointer + 1B = SuperWeapons Pointer).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to R3DDOT For This Useful Post:

Skittl (04-30-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Thanks R3DDOT with the "Bytes" Method I find the needed adress and can change it \.o.o./
    Now when I do my Pointer Search i got a Problem. I got like 6 Adresses which are accessing it. 5 Of them could be the right. If i scan for the Hex (Which is the same at 3-4? - Also Offset is the same.) I don't know if i should scan there for Bytes or for 4 bytes, can you tell me this please?
    Also I get hundreds of Adresses for every Scan do you got a hint for me?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R3DDOT View Post

Some addresses are server-sided: You can only read them but you can't write to them.
    Ammo, however, isn't server-sided. Probably you don't have the right address.
    Try this: Search for the amount of Ammo you have in Bytes (instead of 4 Bytes), keep shooting and searching for the new value. Once you get 3 addresses, test and see which one is the ammo address, then you just make a pointer for it..

Tip: When finding a pointer, use the rescan function, since some pointers might point to the right address and then point to anouther. The rescan function eliminates all pointers that aren't pointing to the specified address or if they are just invalid pointers.

Tip 2: When you wish to find a couple of functions which are all related themselfs (Ammo, Super-Weapons, for example), if you find one, and you browse in memory for the remaining addresses(Dissect Data/Structures), you might find what you are looking for by just adding the offset(Ammo Pointer + 1B = SuperWeapons Pointer).
    Cool! That seems easy enough. got both addresses and am able to change them.

1. However, the unlimited ammo doesn't really work on my computer. It changes to 200 and have frozen it, but it just reloads the magazine nevertheless. It never worked even when the other hacks were available, so I am assuming it is just my computer.

2. Now to find the pointer, I tried to find out what access that address, and I do get results. However, the address and offset is both the same hex, as seen in the image? https://oi58.tinypic.com/2csf5a8.jpg. So instead, I think i am supposed to use the pointer scanner, especially since you've mentioned "rescan". If I search for address, nothing comes up...

3. As for the superweapons, I can find the address perfectly via your suggestion of adding 1B (this is just adding 1B to the ammo address, not pointer address). But where did that come from?? I guess you looked at memory dissect? How do you find a pointer to this as the value doesn't change?

4. It seems that AVA uses a different address for different weapons. I am assuming if you find the pointer, it should be a common address for all weapons?

This is fun even at a noob level
    Last edited by powerw6; 05-01-2014 at 12:19 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by powerw6 View Post
    Cool! That seems easy enough. got both addresses and am able to change them.

1. However, the unlimited ammo doesn't really work on my computer. It changes to 200 and have frozen it, but it just reloads the magazine nevertheless. It never worked even when the other hacks were available, so I am assuming it is just my computer.

2. Now to find the pointer, I tried to find out what access that address, and I do get results. However, the address and offset is both the same hex, as seen in the image? https://oi58.tinypic.com/2csf5a8.jpg. So instead, I think i am supposed to use the pointer scanner, especially since you've mentioned "rescan". If I search for address, nothing comes up...

3. As for the superweapons, I can find the address perfectly via your suggestion of adding 1B (this is just adding 1B to the ammo address, not pointer address). But where did that come from?? I guess you looked at memory dissect? How do you find a pointer to this as the value doesn't change?

4. It seems that AVA uses a different address for different weapons. I am assuming if you find the pointer, it should be a common address for all weapons?

This is fun even at a noob level
    Once you find a valid pointer, for each gun you pick, the pointer will point to a different address.
    And since in pointers you don't read the last offset, you just add it to the pointer, you can just add 1B to the last offset, and it will give you the superweapons pointer. Think of it like this: You got a valid ammo pointer okay? It always points to ammo, regardless of what weapon you are carrying. Since Superweapons address is always 1B more than the ammo address, if you add 1B to the last offset, it will point to the Super-Weapons Pointer, because as I said earlier, the last offset is only added to the pointer.

Take a look at this example(this is not a valid pointer though):

Base Address = 509B74
    Offset(s): 36C,40,10

The pointers works like this:
    -First, you read the base pointer (509B74 -> 413DA3).
    -Then, to the address 413DA3, you add the first offset, and then you read it again(413DA3 + 36C = 41410F; 41410F -> 2ABE51). It repeats this process until you only have one more offset(If in any of the steps above, it pointed to 0, then it's an invalid pointer).
    -Then, when you only have one more offset, it only adds it to the pointer(548BA34 + 10 = 548BA44 « This is the address that it points to).

I actually got my own function which reads a pointer. I provide with the offsets and the base address, and it gives me the address. It's simple as that.

Thanks

Once you find a valid pointer, for each gun you pick, the pointer will point to a different address.
    And since in pointers you don't read the last offset, you just add it to the pointer, you can just add 1B to the last offset, and it will give you the superweapons pointer. Think of it like this: You got a valid ammo pointer okay? It always points to ammo, regardless of what weapon you are carrying. Since Superweapons address is always 1B more than the ammo address, if you add 1B to the last offset, it will point to the Super-Weapons Pointer, because as I said earlier, the last offset is only added to the pointer.

Take a look at this example(this is not a valid pointer though):

Base Address = 509B74
    Offset(s): 36C,40,10

The pointers works like this:
    -First, you read the base pointer (509B74 -> 413DA3).
    -Then, to the address 413DA3, you add the first offset, and then you read it again(413DA3 + 36C = 41410F; 41410F -> 2ABE51). It repeats this process until you only have one more offset(If in any of the steps above, it pointed to 0, then it's an invalid pointer).
    -Then, when you only have one more offset, it only adds it to the pointer(548BA34 + 10 = 548BA44 « This is the address that it points to).

I actually got my own function which reads a pointer. I provide with the offsets and the base address, and it gives me the address. It's simple as that.
    I get what you mean. That is easy to understand. Thank you. I hope I am not hijacking the thread, as it would also help the OP. But if I should create a new thread, mods please let me know.

1. So the ammo address you get by searching bytes of ammos would be "548BA44" in your example? Now I need to find the base address. To do this, I use the pointer scanner. I would search for the address 548BA44, then once that search is done, I would quit game, restart the game with the same settings, and find the ammo address of the exact same gun, lets say 599DA21. Now I "rescan" using this address. I continue until I get small enough results. However, if I set a region of memory to the read/write address of AVA (400000~1F90000), search the first address of the ammo, 548BA44, it doesn't give me anything. I also tried searching for bullet numbers in temple within these memory regions. I picked up the shotgun, searched for the value "8", then secondary, rescanned for "1". I get results by searching "8", but if i rescan for 1, it shows 0 results. So obviously I am not doing it right.

If I search for the entire region, CE crashes due to too many results. That's where I am stuck.

2. I understand about the offsets. But how would adding 1B offset to the ammo pointer give you the superweapons pointer? Isn't this because you know from the data/structure dissect that you know where the superweapons pointer is relative to the ammo pointer?

3. So from what I understand about the ammo base pointer, it seems like AVA has one base pointer and it adds offsets to create a new memory address for each gun? Is this true? So once you have the base address, you would have ammo pointer for every gun?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I get what you mean. That is easy to understand. Thank you. I hope I am not hijacking the thread, as it would also help the OP. But if I should create a new thread, mods please let me know.

1. So the ammo address you get by searching bytes of ammos would be "548BA44" in your example? Now I need to find the base address. To do this, I use the pointer scanner. I would search for the address 548BA44, then once that search is done, I would quit game, restart the game with the same settings, and find the ammo address of the exact same gun, lets say 599DA21. Now I "rescan" using this address. I continue until I get small enough results. However, if I set a region of memory to the read/write address of AVA (400000~1F90000), search the first address of the ammo, 548BA44, it doesn't give me anything. I also tried searching for bullet numbers in temple within these memory regions. I picked up the shotgun, searched for the value "8", then secondary, rescanned for "1". I get results by searching "8", but if i rescan for 1, it shows 0 results. So obviously I am not doing it right.

If I search for the entire region, CE crashes due to too many results. That's where I am stuck.

2. I understand about the offsets. But how would adding 1B offset to the ammo pointer give you the superweapons pointer? Isn't this because you know from the data/structure dissect that you know where the superweapons pointer is relative to the ammo pointer?

3. So from what I understand about the ammo base pointer, it seems like AVA has one base pointer and it adds offsets to create a new memory address for each gun? Is this true? So once you have the base address, you would have ammo pointer for every gun?

I used that example to show you how a pointer works, to explain that if you add 1B to the last offset of your ammo pointer, that you would be able to get the superweapons pointer. None of those addresses will work for AVA since I got them from anouther game.

Finding the Ammo Pointer in CE:
    Search your ammo in CE(Ammo Address is BYTE), and try to get the real ammo address. Then make a pointer scan (I usually make it up to 3 offsets),switch weapons and search again for the NEW ammo address, then see what pointers in your pointer scan point to that address. Then do End Game and re-enter the game and search again for the address. Repeat this until you have very few pointers(Also, use the rescan function in CE, watch below).

2: Yes, that's how I got it.

3: Take a look at this tutorial by that will help you making pointer scans.
    You can also use to find multi-level pointers (You need CE 6.1 for this method).

Personally I rather use the Pointer Scanner, but you can also use the other method Fleep used.

Thanks
    I think I found the pointer... I will pm for further questions if I may
    Last edited by powerw6; 05-01-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks

I used that example to show you how a pointer works, to explain that if you add 1B to the last offset of your ammo pointer, that you would be able to get the superweapons pointer. None of those addresses will work for AVA since I got them from anouther game.

Finding the Ammo Pointer in CE:
    Search your ammo in CE(Ammo Address is BYTE), and try to get the real ammo address. Then make a pointer scan (I usually make it up to 3 offsets),switch weapons and search again for the NEW ammo address, then see what pointers in your pointer scan point to that address. Then do End Game and re-enter the game and search again for the address. Repeat this until you have very few pointers(Also, use the rescan function in CE, watch below).

2: Yes, that's how I got it.

3: Take a look at this tutorial by that will help you making pointer scans.
    You can also use to find multi-level pointers (You need CE 6.1 for this method).

Personally I rather use the Pointer Scanner, but you can also use the other method Fleep used.
    Could you please confirm if you've received my PM? I have sent it, but it doesn't show up in my sent box...

thanks!

Thanks
    @R3DDOT

Now I know what you mean. You mean once I find the base address of the ammo, I can just add 1B to the final offset to obtain the superweapons.

Now I have pointers for ammo, superweapons, spread, and recoil Thank you for all your help. Do you have any other tips for other ones unrelated to ammo, such as jump height and antikick?

thanks
    Last edited by powerw6; 05-02-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    @R3DDOT

Now I know what you mean. You mean once I find the base address of the ammo, I can just add 1B to the final offset to obtain the superweapons.

Now I have pointers for ammo, superweapons, spread, and recoil Thank you for all your help. Do you have any other tips for other ones unrelated to ammo, such as jump height and antikick?

thanks
    Well this way is A LOT better than making a ton of pointer scans...

To answer your questions:
    Jump Height - From what I understand, I think it's patched for CE..
    Anti-Kick - Patched as well.. although you can still make a Anti-Report.

Anti-Report Address will have a value of:
    - 1 when Connecting to the Servers;
    - 2 when you are creating your Character for the first time;
    - 3 when in Capsule Shop / Channel Selection;
    - 4 when in Lobby Selection;
    - 5 when in the Lobby;
    - 6 when In-Game.