Thread: RIP NEWSFO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    long live NEWS FO!
    @Colin
    Good job for what you did when you did have it. It's unfortunate that you were unable to do it (I was unaware of what happened)
    I guess I refer to my mini resignation when I thanked everyone I met and had the honor of working with during the experience. rip in pepperonis news fo.
    @Deemo
    Well said. I think just saying "It's General" implies many obvious attributes.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Not really sorry, only read a couple of times.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaam View Post
    I would love to take over it and bring it back .
    @Hannibal @arunforce

ps: rip editor force too
    Tag hunter

THE EYES OF THE DAVESTAPO ARE UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO WE ARE GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE WE GONNA BE

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Sheep View Post
    long live NEWS FO!
    @Colin
    Good job for what you did when you did have it. It's unfortunate that you were unable to do it (I was unaware of what happened)
    I guess I refer to my mini resignation when I thanked everyone I met and had the honor of working with during the experience. rip in pepperonis news fo.
    @Deemo
    Well said. I think just saying "It's General" implies many obvious attributes.
    It was great working with all of you. Me and @Doc were down to do some gaming news too.

If it does come back again, which I highly doubt, I will apply again.
    there's nothing left for you here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemo View Post

It was great working with all of you. Me and @Doc were down to do some gaming news too.

Yeah if it did come back our headlines would be about the amount of threads about BattleTale.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Yeah if it did come back our headlines would be about the amount of threads about BattleTale.
    Exactly. I don't know, I think we could have really pulled it off if we had the chance. Liz was even happy about it.

In the end, it was no one elses decision but Daben. I would have no reservations if we saw how the news would have been this week, but eh, what can you do about that ya'know?

Thanks

Exactly. I don't know, I think we could have really pulled it off if we had the chance. Liz was even happy about it.

In the end, it was no one elses decision but Daben. I would have no reservations if we saw how the news would have been this week, but eh, what can you do about that ya'know?
    Right.
    I mean, I started it just as an experience of trying to.. get more into the community. I was someone new to General and MPGH1 when I brought the idea to Dave and he said do it and see how it goes. It went pretty great despite the obvious slacking but what can you do where it's a self devotion no incentive kind of a job? I think it could have kept going, people read it, a lot did, even if they didn't read it all, they still checked out their favorite sections and there was intermittent discussions about what was in the news in the posts. We had our ups and downs, sometimes we were constant and efficient, sometimes we weren't, but who do you blame in that case? Do you blame the writers or the fact that I can't provide an incentive other than a pat on the back and some kind of gracious feeling from the community for doing it?

I mean, I have to give Arunforce/Dave/Liz some credit for being very lenient with us. As I said before we had our ups and downs, maybe not an edition for a week or two, sometimes we were on a roll for 8 weeks at a time, and that's saying something if you realize what doing the news entails: freelanced work with no pay, essentially. It's pretty unfortunate that they decided to disband the News FO the week that you guys were finally able to hop on the grind but I don't think we can blame any of them. I thank them all for being so supportive and lenient when it was very new and when it kept going. If it wasn't now would it be a week earlier or week after? Would it still happen or what would the replies be then?

Only time will tell if it'll occur again.

edit: also back to what I said before. I was basically implying that the MPGH community has degraded quite a bit in overall activity on all sides of the table. Posts, changes, updates, quality of posts/authenticity of general, ect. I think our news would have eventually gotten to a very dry state where continuing the news wouldn't be worth it.
    Last edited by Psychotic; 08-31-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

Anti (08-31-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Right.
    I mean, I started it just as an experience of trying to.. get more into the community. I was someone new to General and MPGH1 when I brought the idea to Dave and he said do it and see how it goes. It went pretty great despite the obvious slacking but what can you do where it's a self devotion no incentive kind of a job? I think it could have kept going, people read it, a lot did, even if they didn't read it all, they still checked out their favorite sections and there was intermittent discussions about what was in the news in the posts. We had our ups and downs, sometimes we were constant and efficient, sometimes we weren't, but who do you blame in that case? Do you blame the writers or the fact that I can't provide an incentive other than a pat on the back and some kind of gracious feeling from the community for doing it?

I mean, I have to give Arunforce/Dave/Liz some credit for being very lenient with us. As I said before we had our ups and downs, maybe not an edition for a week or two, sometimes we were on a roll for 8 weeks at a time, and that's saying something if you realize what doing the news entails: freelanced work with no pay, essentially. It's pretty unfortunate that they decided to disband the News FO the week that you guys were finally able to hop on the grind but I don't think we can blame any of them. I thank them all for being so supportive and lenient when it was very new and when it kept going. If it wasn't now would it be a week earlier or week after? Would it still happen or what would the replies be then?

Only time will tell if it'll occur again.

edit: also back to what I said before. I was basically implying that the MPGH community has degraded quite a bit in overall activity on all sides of the table. Posts, changes, updates, quality of posts/authenticity of general, ect. I think our news would have eventually gotten to a very dry state where continuing the news wouldn't be worth it.
    I agree, the upper staff were very patient with us. I tried to kick our butts in gear, but people did not like someone who was not their leader to lead them. I think we could have survived a year at most, if we kicked the bastards who did nothing out. My idea of leading it was, if you cannot take an hour out of your day every week constantly, You are removed. Simple. 2 Times in a row would be autokicked. But then again, I would run out of people sooner or later so oh well.

I joined this team to make friends, and give back to MPGH since I was not ready for staff yet. For the most part, I turned in every article needed of me and never slacked on them. I knew it meant something to someone, and I am never ready to let my bosses down. I liked the news when you did it, not saying @bowlcut was not a good leader or anything, love the shit outta that ******, but I dunno. Articles felt a lot more fun when you were in charge, and I tried to not keep a super serious mindset when I wrote. Reason being, I did not want to bore my readers, I wanted them to read it and be wanting to read more.

I loved working with the team. Antipathy and @Aborted helped me get on the team, and working on it was a good experience that I will not soon forget. Plus, the convos in there were funny too. I remember the fight I had with @Hannibal in there, and looked back when I rejoined and was like, "lmao why was i such a fag". Enough sentimental shit though. This news team was gonna die and it just died at bad time for all of us.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Would have been great although I'm not entirely sure I would've gotten it together in time. By internet is doggy doo and was the same at my gf's place. As it stands it's taken me 10 minutes just to post this reply.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Would have been great although I'm not entirely sure I would've gotten it together in time. By internet is doggy doo and was the same at my gf's place. As it stands it's taken me 10 minutes just to post this reply.
    If it makes you feel any better, I made my article a little lengthy for Industry just in case you did not make it in time.

If it was still up and you did not make it in time, I had a 3rd piece of the article saved so that it could still be released. I gotchu.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anti For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Doc (09-01-2014)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I dunno, I think the newsfo ended at a bad, but appropriate time.
    We'd been together for quite some time, and it died before it could get any worse (lmao).

I became leader... I think 40something weeks in. Being in the newsfo for that long is hard work, and I appreciate/thank everyone who was involved. The problem was that a lot of members were in since the beginning, and they lost a lot of motivation once I joined. Not because of me, but because that's a lot of weeks to be doing the news. People got jobs, college, etc. so getting the news out was more and more of a hassle when I ended up doing a section a week on top of being leader because people just wouldn't do it. Never contacted freelancers because I'd never get notice.
    But I'm not here to bad mouth my team. I really can't blame anyone for not turning it in, because I 100% understand why. Hell, I was burnt out myself. I decided after nice break (few weeks), we would be ready for it again and back on track in no-time. What I didn't plan on was my pancreatitis acting up again, pretty much up and down the entire summer. It was awful, but it's still not an excuse for slacking off the way I did. I still feel bad, because overall the disband is pretty much all my fault, and for that I apologize.

But to look on the bright side, we stopped before we crashed and burned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

Thanks
    Ah I see.
    I just figured I was forcefully removed due to the fact that I disappeared for a few days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123